Jump to content
    skinnydragon
  • Author
  • 2,685 Words
  • 3,888 Views
  • 18 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

18 Weeks of Twoey - 99. Week Fifteen Monday, December 8, 2014: And Then There Were None

... NEC HOSTIS INIVRIAM MIHI INTVLIT, CVI IN TOTO NON REDDIDI

no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full

 

- LVCIVS CORNELIVS SVLLA

 

 

***

 

I woke up to the realization my casts finally were to come OFF today! I’d be back in school tomorrow!

After Tommy showered me and helped me shave – for the LAST time – I went downstairs to breakfast. Before he left for work, my father told me he’d be back in time to drive me to my 10:30 appointment. When the gang stopped by, I was all smiles.

“Pick me up tomorrow because I’ll be going to school with you guys.”

Everyone was happy with that, but none as much as me!

Sam said, “Finally, the gang will be back together at the lunch table.”

Gary was next. “Well, except for Twoey. Maybe you can lure him back.”

On that sobering note, they took off for school. I went upstairs to read, but took a quick look at chapter 5 and saw it was sorta long and I don’t like to read Demian too fast. I usually have to re-read sections, then think about what they say. So, hopefully, I would have some time this afternoon when I was back home. There wasn’t enough time to do much more than check over what I had written for Adv. Prep with Alex yesterday.

At a little after 10, Aunt Sarah called me back downstairs. My father was home from work to pick me up. When we arrived at the hospital, they first removed the hand cast and replaced it with some kind of hard plastic finger splint and wrapped the last two fingers together. I only need to unwrap them when I shower and wrap them back up. The doctor said it was healing nicely and by Christmas it will be done.

Then they cut off the leg cast and took me in for an X-ray. I guess the fibula was well on its way to being healed. The bone was knitting well. They fitted me into this hard boot thing that keeps the pressure off until it’s healed, which again will be by Christmas. I have to visit the hospital twice a week for some kind of exercise or therapy or whatever the hell it is they call it. They gave me this aluminum crutch that I could use if I walked very far. I could remove the boot and everything was shower resistant so Tommy loses his job ...haha.

The leg thingy sure felt better, but my hand was what really meant something. I could grip again. I never realized how much I used both hands! Now I could eat and shower and even hold Alex’s head without worrying I’d poke her eye out!

Dad dropped me off back home at about 1:00 and I went up to my room. Let me tell you, that stairway trip sure was easier with a knee that bends. I texted Alex and told her not to come over until about supper time today because I had some reading to catch up on. I spent the next few hours in chapter 5.

Well, well ...it seems Sinclair is discovering there is more to an individual than what makes him different from others. We each contain the whole world in us too: The good with the evil, the light with the dark. That got me considering Pastor Johnson. I know, I never figured I’d think of him again! But I used to view him as a hypocrite because he did things opposite of what he preached. Well, that certainly was true. But he did sort of embraced this combination of light and dark. And so did my birth giver!

Funny how I was thinking of them at that exact moment because there was a tap on the door. I was interrupted by Aunt Sarah. She came in and sat next to me on the bed and held my hand. I realized there was going to be some bad news.

“Your father was just on the phone. When he got back to work, there was a message to contact the State Police. He called to discover your mother is dead.”

I didn’t know what to say, except what I did say.

“What happened?”

“She and that pastor were found in his car. It was in the Hudson River by Waterford.”

“Do you mean it was under the water?”

“Yes.”

“Did they have an accident?”

“Your father didn’t say. Only that they had been there for nearly two weeks, since the day before Thanksgiving.”

“That’s pretty specific. How do they know?”

She smiled. “I asked your father the very same question. I guess the car’s computer knew.”

“Will there be a funeral?”

“We don’t know. Your father explained to the police that she had left him. He gave them her sister Nellie’s address and phone number.”

“Will I have to go if Aunt Nellie has a funeral?”

“No one will force you to do anything.”

“I have a favor to ask, Aunt Sarah.”

“What do you want, honey?”

“Tell my Dad too. I don’t want to hear one more word about her. Ever. For the rest of my life. Forever.”

“Yes, I can do that for you David.” Then she kissed me and went back downstairs.

Shit! Burch died on the same day.

VIXERE!

I slowly realized they were gone. Both the pig-fucker and the pig he fucked were gone from me and would never be able to sneak back. That made me remember the envelope I gave Sam. I wondered if he still had it. I checked the clock. It was already 3:30, so I removed the boot, slipped on some jeans and strapped the boot back on. I grabbed a coat and the crutch and slowly worked my way over to Sam’s house. It was different walking with this thing, but lots easier and certainly more flexible with my knee back in the action! But I’ve got to tell you, that leg is weak. Sitting around in a cast for weeks made it very weak. I wondered how long it would take for it to strengthen back to the way it used to be. His mother answered the door and sent me up to Sam’s room. I was certain sandwiches would follow.

Sam gave me a big smile and checked out my new boot.

“Hey, it’s good to see you mobile again!”

“Do you have the folder?”

“Folder?”

“The one I gave you before the assault.”

“No. It’s gone.”

“Tell me what you did with it.”

I could see his mind working. “I may have anonymously mailed it to your father.”

“Did you know what was in the envelope?”

“Yes. I opened it when you were in the ICU. I saw the four pictures.”

“You weren’t supposed to open that envelope.”

“Yes I was.”

“What?!”

At that very moment, Sam's mom walked in with milk and sandwiches. I was actually hungry. While I chewed on a sandwich and drank some milk, Sam rummaged around in his desk drawer and pulled out a little stick-um note and showed it to me. On it was one sentence.

You’ll know if you need to use this.

“I wrote those words down the minute you left my house, when you dropped off the manila folder.”

“Oh. I meant if I was dead.”

“Close enough. He tried to kill you.”

“Who? Burch?”

“No dummy, Johnson! Burch was just the bullet. Johnson fired the gun.”

“How can you jump to that conclusion?”

“Jesus David, he owned the youth club where you were beaten and then fled right after they rescued you!”

“He owned it?”

“You knew that! I told you.”

“No! You told me the same company that owned the church owned it. Why would you think the pastor did?”

“Because he was the guy behind everything.”

“Oh? Well then I guess it’s all over. He’s dead.

“What?”

“The State Police told my father he and that woman who used to live in my house were found in a car in the Hudson River. Underwater. They’ve been dead since around Thanksgiving.”

“Swimming with the fishes, huh?”

 

!!!POW!!!

 

Fish. Fucking fish! Everything was fish. My fish dreams; Uncle John’s Thanksgiving fish; Gary’s little ceremony over the fish; that woman and Johnson swimming with the fishes ... “see, it’s like a little fish and it likes to play with me ...see how it likes to play with me? See it get all excited because it’s playing with me? Aren’t you happy like your little fish to be playing with me? ...” Burch? My little fish?

Now the voices of Johnson and Burch and Coulton and The Witch were all yelling at me at once. They swirled around me and became indistinct tones like a siren, blotting out everything else. Their shrieking pierced my eardrums. I had to hold my hands to my ears. Stuff was spinning and whirling – flying by my squeezed-shut eyes like the debris sucked around a tornado.

Suddenly it felt like the ceiling crashed down on me. I fell into Sam, grasping him and holding him so I wouldn’t drown in all the fishes and water that was now flooding around me and then I don’t know what happened. It was like everything that had been building up during the period before the beating, and the death of her and him, a flashback of Burch playing with my ‘little fish,’ Gary’s VIXERE and it was now all causing a pressure to build up in my head and then the sharp pains hit my temples as the dam burst. I clutched at him, sobbing into his shoulder as my body was beginning to shake. He immediately hugged me tightly and yelled for his mom. He was holding me now. If Sam had let me go, I would have crashed to the floor.

His mother came into his room and ran right over to me, rubbing my back. They must have moved me to Sam’s bed because I was aware that I was there, but did not remember getting there. I know I was curled into a little ball. I only remember her rubbing my back as every part of my body was shaking. There must have been a minute I blacked out completely because Sam and his mom were in different places when I noticed them again. I wasn’t trembling as much. Slowly I got myself under control and stopped shaking. Then as fast as it hit me, it was gone. I got back up and noticed Sam’s shirt was all wet.

“I’m sorry. I was suddenly overwhelmed for a minute, recalling stuff. I’m OK now. Sam, take that look off your face.”

His mom didn’t look convinced.

“Are you sure you’re alright, honey? Are you seeing a counselor for what you’ve been through?”

“No. I’m fine now. Stuff just ganged up on me is all.”

“David, you have to see someone. It’s a must! I can’t believe the doctor didn’t prescribe it! Please talk to your father and tell him what happened.”

“OK. I will.”

She still didn’t seem convinced, but she left us alone. I turned to Sam.

“Something just hit me hard Sam. I’ve been through a lot of shit lately and a lot of emotional crap too. You have been the only friend who understands. And you always stick by me. Gary calls me his best friend, but we’re not really friends at all. We're more like brothers. But YOU are a friend. I just accused you, my friend, of doing exactly what I asked you to do. I guess I’m the shitty friend.”

“No you’re not. Don’t be ridiculous. I never think of you as anyone but the guy who’s always got my best interest at heart. You even maneuvered me and Deena together, trying to do it without our noticing the puppet-master behind the scenes.”

“Did it work?”

“Getting Deena and me together? Yes! Without us noticing? NO! She’s one smart lady.”

“I was afraid if either of you knew that, I'd be in for serious crap.”

He really laughed at that. Then he broke the news to me that the Coultons moved out a few days ago. Danny’s house is empty again.

Sam kept pressing me to tell my father and get back into therapy. To change the subject, I told Sam I was going to go to Syracuse, maybe Saturday, to get Mike's input on the Twoey situation.

“After all, he’s known him a lot longer than any of us. Maybe he’ll have a different point of view. I need to apologize to him anyway and Alex and I will probably do some Christmas shopping.” Sam agreed it was a good plan.

Before I left, he grabbed my hands. “See someone, David. I’m serious. You need to see someone.”

“Maybe I’ll go back to Dr. Keating. He already knows a lot about me.”

“You know I’m going to check up on that. So don’t make me have to sic Deena on you.” But he was smiling. “Wait a minute!”

Sam threw on his coat and walked me home. I kept telling him he didn’t need to, but he didn’t think I should be alone right then. Thank Zeus he didn’t come in and tell everyone what had happened. As it was, when I went inside, Alex was there and both she and Tommy yelled at me.

“Where were you?”

I chuckled and told them I took a walk and ended up at Sam’s. After dinner Alex helped me upstairs – I can really do it fine by myself, but I let her help me – and we sat on my bed. I showed her Demian.

“See, I really did need some time to read, but I also needed some exercise. That’s why I took the walk.”

She showed me what I missed today and we worked on our different homework together. Making out is a lot better without wearing all that plaster. But we only did it for a few minutes before she left. Alex and I have a warmth between us. But something is missing. There is a little spark, like I used to get with Twoey, that I don’t get with Alex. Again, my mind went to how comfortable Twoey and I were with each other. When I first met Alex, I thought we were comfortable and could talk about anything. It was what made her so attractive to me. But these feelings of comparison between her and Twoey were beginning to invade my thoughts more regularly. I couldn’t prevent those feelings from happening. The trouble is, Twoey wins every time. This was starting to tear me apart. How could I go through life remembering that magic I had once experienced? Would I never experience it again?

Later that night I bit the bullet and called Twoey before calling Alex, but it went to VM. He must be talking to Erik. I just hung up. I didn’t want to leave him a message. Next, Alex and I talked for 45 minutes. I asked her if she would go shopping in Syracuse with me Saturday. She was all excited about that. I was just settling in and enjoying the ability to pull my covers over me when my phone chirped. It was Twoey.

“Hi.”

“You called?”

“Yeah.”

“What’s wrong?”

“I got my casts off. I found out my mother is dead. I had a breakdown at Sam’s house.”

“What?! How are you feeling now?”

“I’m OK now. But at Sam’s, I got shooting pains in my head for the first time in my life. I think it was when my mind sort of went into overload about everything. I shouldn’t have bothered you, but I really wanted to hear your voice. You know, to help calm me down. You always had that effect on me.”

“Anytime, Angel.”

“Well, I’ll let you go now. Sweet dreams.”

“Night.” He disconnected right away.

Did I detect a little sob?

Copyright © 2016 skinnydragon; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 29
  • Love 2
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

So much awesome in this chapter! I love how you had David be with Sam when so much of the stuff in his mind that was buried, that was percolating, all of it came together. David has stepped off the driveway and onto the sidewalk of understanding himself and what has happened. Now that he's starting to admit to himself what is wrong and what is right, it will be interesting to see what direction he chooses to follow down the road. Will he take the driver's seat? Or will he stay on the sidewalk?

  • Like 1
Link to comment

God, I'm loving this story! I'm glad David is beginning to acknowledge his feelings towards Twoey. I really can't wait for the right people to be together again! Okay, I'm hoping beyond all hope, perhaps. David needs to see a therapist for so many things, to sort out all of the blocked memories he's carrying around... and to understand his feelings towards his angel!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

David is broken. It's completely understandable, considering everything that's happened to him over the last three months. Almost everything he's believed in has been shattered or taken away from him in some way, and he's been almost entirely on his own to put himself back together.
I'm looking forward to seeing what happens now that most of the negative elements have been taken out of his life, and he now has a chance to see exactly how things are without anyone else distorting his views. David has always had other people pushing him to be whatever they think he should be.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

David's subconscious finally informs his present mind about the reality that has lain hidden for so long. But a broken and vulnerable David still can't spill everything to Sam. What he does manage to tell Sam must make his heart ache. And now David begins to do more than nibble away at the Twoey-Alex question that must further torque his unhappy brain into further knots. If David comes out of this with any semblance of normality, he will have proven himself to be one strong and determined kid. Still wondering if Twoey's suppressed sob is for David, or because something bad happened with Erik. Great chapter, Skinny.

 

Please, sir, can we have some more?

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I'm not as certain as some others that David knows what really went on...it's still shrouded in imagery he isn't entirely aware of...I don't think he's going to see anyone yet. He's too sure he can do it on his own, with his 'helpers' like Putin and Danny.
Maybe he's beginning to see Alex isn't his mate, but he's nowhere near giving up being with a girl in favor of his true self...Twoey is the only one he's had deep feelings for, but realizing that and becoming his real boyfriend is far different.
Still burying his head in the sand...probably will do that until he's really lost control of himself...this was just a small hint of the turmoil inside.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I'm with ColumbusGuy, David's ability to block out reality has basically reached epic levels at this point. He very nearly had a breakthrough this chapter, but none of it was clear and it almost seems like he's doing all in his power to avoid connecting the dots. His whole life has become about denial, it's how he's survived. The worst part is, he doesn't even realize it's denial. I got the impression his agreement to seek counseling seemed more like placation and lip service rather than an actual promise.

 

Again, I almost think that killing the pastor and his "birth giver" is still a shame because David has literally nobody to confront about his abuse. Both sexual as well as the recent physical. Also, the one thing that will never be answered was how much the "birth giver" was involved in everything that went down. I'd say her running with PPF was a strong indication.

 

Anyway, there was some movement in the story, and the near breakthrough will hopefully prod things along in his next meditation. One thing I liked was he finally called Alex off so he could get some alone time. He'll need to do that again very soon so he can have some time with Danny and hopefully figure out he needs help.

 

The Twoey sob, what does it mean? Either way, somehow Erik will find out that Twoey didn't turn his phone off and something will happen with that. I'll have to tune in next time I guess :)

  • Like 1
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment

David's conciousness is making way for the actual reveal. I think that the breakdown with Sam, and good that it was with Sam, was more of a culmination of events just finally coming together. Overload.. This is where Dr. K will help bridge the gap to him really piecing together the fish signicance with Burch.

 

As much as I wanted the PF's gone, I think them being dead at this time is unfortunate. I think David should have had an opportunity to confront his monsters. David tends to internalize and has his own reality when it comes to serious issues. That hasn't proved to serve him well. He asked that they be never mentioned EVER.. Well, that's not healthy or realistic is it? If avoiding the topic should work, what will be the catalyst for another breakdown. Those things tend to fester.. That said, hopefully Dr. keating can help put that in perspective too..
Also, I'm not sorry they met their end at all...

 

David is closer to accepting that Alex is nothing more than a friend, and that's good. I have faith that he will be more than ready to accept who he is once he gets it all sorted and the pieces finally come together..
Twoey has to be affected by what David said. He has been feeling the disconnect without David too. Was he sobbing before the call or because of it? Will he feel moved to go to David or will Erik check his phone and then show Twoey who he really is? Well, we know Syracruse is coming so let's see what the boys have to say. Hopefully they rescue Twoey from Erik..

 

Excellent chapter SkinnyD...

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Whoa. That PPF and TWWUTLIDH were killed (assumption!) on the same day as Burch and the others would certainly seem to indicate that some major organization was involved. The police undoubtedly have noticed this - there must be plenty of activity in the homicide department that we don't hear about. But this implies that Gary's uncle John (and possibly David's grandfather) are connected to a big and powerful group. I mean, this is way beyond some citizen's group rallying against a fake church! Eventually this is going to cross David's mind, too, and that would one more mind-blowing aspect of the whole affair. He really, really does need to get some help from Dr. Keating. I hope he wasn't blowing off Sam when he said that he would do that.

 

And why was Burch in a position to abuse David all those years ago? Was he babysitting? Did this happen repeatedly at some church swimming event? And how come Dear Old Dad didn't pick up on any of that? In any case, David really needs some adult intervention right now; I hope his father turns out not to be the wimpy loser we've been shown up until now.

 

Thanks, Skinny, for a story that invades my mind all day long, when I'm *supposed* to be being productive! If my project is late, I'm blaming it all on you! But things are happening quickly now, on all fronts! So we need new chapters every couple of hours! Right, Skinny? Hmm?? Right?? :-)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/27/2016 03:01 PM, Lux Apollo said:

So much awesome in this chapter! I love how you had David be with Sam when so much of the stuff in his mind that was buried, that was percolating, all of it came together. David has stepped off the driveway and onto the sidewalk of understanding himself and what has happened. Now that he's starting to admit to himself what is wrong and what is right, it will be interesting to see what direction he chooses to follow down the road. Will he take the driver's seat? Or will he stay on the sidewalk?

Thank You lux!

 

Yes, where else would David rather be than with Sam when this hit. Let's hope Sam can make a difference.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/27/2016 03:15 PM, FlyOnTheWall said:

God, I'm loving this story! I'm glad David is beginning to acknowledge his feelings towards Twoey. I really can't wait for the right people to be together again! Okay, I'm hoping beyond all hope, perhaps. David needs to see a therapist for so many things, to sort out all of the blocked memories he's carrying around... and to understand his feelings towards his angel!

Thanks so much geoff!

 

Maybe seeing Twoey with someone else has triggered his long suppressed yearning. Whatever, he can't seem to keep his feelings bottled up anymore.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/27/2016 04:27 PM, Hunter Thomson said:

David is broken. It's completely understandable, considering everything that's happened to him over the last three months. Almost everything he's believed in has been shattered or taken away from him in some way, and he's been almost entirely on his own to put himself back together.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens now that most of the negative elements have been taken out of his life, and he now has a chance to see exactly how things are without anyone else distorting his views. David has always had other people pushing him to be whatever they think he should be.

Thank you Hunter!

 

You make a very good point about the negative elements having been taken away. Perhaps it is why his mind chose this moment to have its first short circuit?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/27/2016 09:48 PM, Parker Owens said:

David's subconscious finally informs his present mind about the reality that has lain hidden for so long. But a broken and vulnerable David still can't spill everything to Sam. What he does manage to tell Sam must make his heart ache. And now David begins to do more than nibble away at the Twoey-Alex question that must further torque his unhappy brain into further knots. If David comes out of this with any semblance of normality, he will have proven himself to be one strong and determined kid. Still wondering if Twoey's suppressed sob is for David, or because something bad happened with Erik. Great chapter, Skinny.

 

Please, sir, can we have some more?

Thank You Parker!

 

David's subconscious is certainly rumbling. I guess all we're left to wonder about is whether the magma will bubble out or blow the whole volcano to bits.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/27/2016 10:15 PM, ColumbusGuy said:

I'm not as certain as some others that David knows what really went on...it's still shrouded in imagery he isn't entirely aware of...I don't think he's going to see anyone yet. He's too sure he can do it on his own, with his 'helpers' like Putin and Danny.

Maybe he's beginning to see Alex isn't his mate, but he's nowhere near giving up being with a girl in favor of his true self...Twoey is the only one he's had deep feelings for, but realizing that and becoming his real boyfriend is far different.

Still burying his head in the sand...probably will do that until he's really lost control of himself...this was just a small hint of the turmoil inside.

Thank you CG for your comments!

 

I agree with you. David hasn't yet cracked the code to reveal the message the dreams are trying to send. And yes, his head is still buried firmly in the sand, although it is inflicting him with considerable pain.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/27/2016 11:11 PM, spikey582 said:

I'm with ColumbusGuy, David's ability to block out reality has basically reached epic levels at this point. He very nearly had a breakthrough this chapter, but none of it was clear and it almost seems like he's doing all in his power to avoid connecting the dots. His whole life has become about denial, it's how he's survived. The worst part is, he doesn't even realize it's denial. I got the impression his agreement to seek counseling seemed more like placation and lip service rather than an actual promise.

 

Again, I almost think that killing the pastor and his "birth giver" is still a shame because David has literally nobody to confront about his abuse. Both sexual as well as the recent physical. Also, the one thing that will never be answered was how much the "birth giver" was involved in everything that went down. I'd say her running with PPF was a strong indication.

 

Anyway, there was some movement in the story, and the near breakthrough will hopefully prod things along in his next meditation. One thing I liked was he finally called Alex off so he could get some alone time. He'll need to do that again very soon so he can have some time with Danny and hopefully figure out he needs help.

 

The Twoey sob, what does it mean? Either way, somehow Erik will find out that Twoey didn't turn his phone off and something will happen with that. I'll have to tune in next time I guess :)

Thank you sparkey for your always unvarnished comments! :)

 

I'm pretty sure you're right that this little breakdown was not THE moment we've been awaiting. But the longer it is postponed, the more dangerous it may be.

 

I think we can forget worrying about Alex's negatives now. Don't you agree? Maybe it's time for her to turn into an ally. :o

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/28/2016 12:15 AM, Defiance19 said:

David's conciousness is making way for the actual reveal. I think that the breakdown with Sam, and good that it was with Sam, was more of a culmination of events just finally coming together. Overload.. This is where Dr. K will help bridge the gap to him really piecing together the fish signicance with Burch.

 

As much as I wanted the PF's gone, I think them being dead at this time is unfortunate. I think David should have had an opportunity to confront his monsters. David tends to internalize and has his own reality when it comes to serious issues. That hasn't proved to serve him well. He asked that they be never mentioned EVER.. Well, that's not healthy or realistic is it? If avoiding the topic should work, what will be the catalyst for another breakdown. Those things tend to fester.. That said, hopefully Dr. keating can help put that in perspective too..

Also, I'm not sorry they met their end at all...

 

David is closer to accepting that Alex is nothing more than a friend, and that's good. I have faith that he will be more than ready to accept who he is once he gets it all sorted and the pieces finally come together..

Twoey has to be affected by what David said. He has been feeling the disconnect without David too. Was he sobbing before the call or because of it? Will he feel moved to go to David or will Erik check his phone and then show Twoey who he really is? Well, we know Syracruse is coming so let's see what the boys have to say. Hopefully they rescue Twoey from Erik..

 

Excellent chapter SkinnyD...

Thank You Def! Beautiful comments.

 

I agree it's not healthy for David to suppress yet another major factor of his life. As for Dr. Keating, do you think David will go see him? I think spikey was right in his "lip service" comment. Let's squeeze for bold action from Sam!!

 

Yep! Alex is rocketing into David's 'friend zone.'

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/28/2016 07:40 AM, jess30519 said:

Whoa. That PPF and TWWUTLIDH were killed (assumption!) on the same day as Burch and the others would certainly seem to indicate that some major organization was involved. The police undoubtedly have noticed this - there must be plenty of activity in the homicide department that we don't hear about. But this implies that Gary's uncle John (and possibly David's grandfather) are connected to a big and powerful group. I mean, this is way beyond some citizen's group rallying against a fake church! Eventually this is going to cross David's mind, too, and that would one more mind-blowing aspect of the whole affair. He really, really does need to get some help from Dr. Keating. I hope he wasn't blowing off Sam when he said that he would do that.

 

And why was Burch in a position to abuse David all those years ago? Was he babysitting? Did this happen repeatedly at some church swimming event? And how come Dear Old Dad didn't pick up on any of that? In any case, David really needs some adult intervention right now; I hope his father turns out not to be the wimpy loser we've been shown up until now.

 

Thanks, Skinny, for a story that invades my mind all day long, when I'm *supposed* to be being productive! If my project is late, I'm blaming it all on you! But things are happening quickly now, on all fronts! So we need new chapters every couple of hours! Right, Skinny? Hmm?? Right?? :-)

Thank you jess!

 

Aw ...your poor mind if it is invaded by characters from Skinnyland! Dr. Dragon prescribes a glass of Valium and two drops of water -- or did he get that mixed up?

 

Everything in your first paragraph is true (well, almost) so stay tuned.

And he WAS blowing off Sam. Blowing Sam will not have been a wise decision ;)

 

Your questions about Burch may never get answered now that the principals were all drowned. :o

  • Like 1
Link to comment

David definitely has to see Doc K! All his fish analogies and metaphors are swimming all around him (sorry, couldn't resist! :lmao:). So he 'heard' Burch in his mind telling him his little fish was happy playing with Burch (Burch's bigger fish?). That's a HUGE breakthrough right there!

 

David has so much shit he's dealing with now, it's no wonder he broke down. I'm glad it was with Sam though. I also agree with everyone who said David was just placating Sam by agreeing to go to therapy. David always wants to handle things himself (well, along with his helpers), and put everything in little boxes and compartments in his mind.

 

I'm glad he finally decided to call Twoey. Erik of course will have a shitfit when he finds out. I'm assuming he controls Twoey's phone too. :( Maybe Twoey will tell Ginny and she can approach David. Now she can see him since he'll be back in school (not as a therapist, but as a friend).

 

Another breakthrough was realizing there's no spark with Alex like there was with Twoey. Just good friendship.

 

Another awesome chapter, Skinny! :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 08/04/2016 01:53 PM, Lisa said:

David definitely has to see Doc K! All his fish analogies and metaphors are swimming all around him (sorry, couldn't resist! :lmao:). So he 'heard' Burch in his mind telling him his little fish was happy playing with Burch (Burch's bigger fish?). That's a HUGE breakthrough right there!

 

David has so much shit he's dealing with now, it's no wonder he broke down. I'm glad it was with Sam though. I also agree with everyone who said David was just placating Sam by agreeing to go to therapy. David always wants to handle things himself (well, along with his helpers), and put everything in little boxes and compartments in his mind.

 

I'm glad he finally decided to call Twoey. Erik of course will have a shitfit when he finds out. I'm assuming he controls Twoey's phone too. :( Maybe Twoey will tell Ginny and she can approach David. Now she can see him since he'll be back in school (not as a therapist, but as a friend).

 

Another breakthrough was realizing there's no spark with Alex like there was with Twoey. Just good friendship.

 

Another awesome chapter, Skinny! :)

Thanks, Lisa!

 

Yes, the dreams and flashbacks are beginning to coalesce. He's still a little way from putting it all together, but that time is rapidly approaching.

 

As you'll soon read, Twoey does tell his mom!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..