Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Forgotten Prince - 1. Chapter 1

span>Taz's POV.

"Yo, Taz."

 

"Mmm..."

 

"Taz, wake your ass up."

 

Taz blinked, yawned. Scratched his nuts and groaned. "Wha' the fuck, man? I was having the best dream," he complained, his voice thick and husky from sleep.

 

"Was he hot?"

 

"Wouldn't be the 'best' dream if he wasn't."

 

"For you, maybe."

 

"What, you want an ugly dude?" Taz asked, knowing full well that his best friend was unswervingly straight. It was a shame, really. Taz would love to show him the joys of gay sex. At a solid six feet three inches tall, Connor was every gay man's wet dream. He should know, having had plenty of them himself.

 

Connor shot him a mocking glare. Taz just grinned, showing perfect white teeth. Connor's lips twitched and he finally smiled, shaking his head. "You're hopeless, Taz. Utterly hopeless."

 

"True." Taz got up from the bed, his black cotton boxers riding low on his slim hips. "So... was there a reason you interrupted my slumber, Con?"

 

Connor's sea green eyes widened. "Oh shit!"

 

Opening a dresser drawer, Taz pulled out his favorite jeans, an old, faded pair of Levi's.

 

"There's some fancy dude here to see you."

 

"Fancy dude?" Taz asked, looking up, a question in his eyes.

 

"Yeah, some very dressed up guy. I left him in the living room. Told him you'd be down in a minute."

 

"Huh. What do you suppose Mr. Fancy wants?"

 

"Dunno," Connor said with a shrug of one broad shoulder. "He wouldn't say. Said it was a private family matter."

 

"Family matters?" Taz, in the process of pulling on his pants, froze. What the hell was going on now?

 

Balancing on one leg, with the other poised to step into his jeans, Taz's weight shifted. Hopping frantically around the room—with Con laughing hysterically—Taz crammed his other leg in the pants and faced Connor.

 

Correctly reading the horror on Taz's face, Connor hastily went about reassuring him. "Don't worry; nobody's dead or dying. Nobody is hurt, I asked."

 

Taz visibly relaxed. "Tell him I'll be out in a sec, will ya? Pretty please, babe?"

 

"Yeah. I put on a pot of coffee before I came to get your skinny ass up."

 

"I love you. Let's get married. I've heard Boston is extremely gay friendly. And the marriage will be—oomph!" Taz caught the pillow Connor had thrown at his face before it fell to the floor. "I'll take that as a maybe?"

 

Laughing, Connor said, "Put a shirt on and get your ass to the living room."

 

"I've noticed you have a thing for my ass."

 

"Just hurry."

 

**********

 

Five minutes later found Taz in the living room with clean teeth, an empty bladder, and a mug of fresh coffee. He hadn't yet met Mr. Fancy; he'd stepped outside to take a phone call about a minute before Taz found his way to the living room.

 

Now that Connor had reassured him that everybody was okay, Taz had to admit to an intense curiosity about the man and what he wanted. Maybe Mr. Fancy was here to tell him he'd won the lottery. Wouldn't that be nice? Then maybe Dane, his younger brother, could have that operation he so sorely needed to fix his heart.

 

Of course, in order to win the lottery, he'd have to actually play.

 

Just then, the door opened, breaking into his musings. Mr. Fancy himself stepped back into the house, quietly shutting the rich mahogany door behind him. Connor had been right; this guy was definitely dressed up. He was wearing black loafers, tan slacks that might as well have been painted on they were so tight, and a purple vest with a white button-down underneath. The vest had a crest over the left breast, right above the heart. The crest was circular, with a phoenix flying over an ocean at sunset. It was pretty and very well done. The colors really popped. Taz couldn't help thinking he'd seen it somewhere before.

 

Mr. Fancy looked to be about an inch or two taller than Taz, which would put him at about six foot four or six foot five. Soft, full lips graced a face with a strong, square jaw and a firm mouth. Lips that Taz could well imagine wrapped around his dick. And okay. That was so not something he should be thinking about. Taz shook his head, trying to dispel that image from his mind.

 

He finally looked up, into Mr. Fancy's eyes... and promptly stopped breathing. The man had gorgeous eyes; dark gray, like a stormy night's sky, ringed by the longest eyelashes he'd ever seen on a person, man or woman. What was that expression all romance books seemed to use? Bedroom eyes. Mr. Fancy had bedroom eyes. He could imagine gazing into those eyes as he—

 

"Taz!" Connor said, nudging him.

 

With a jolt, he realized he'd been staring, and probably drooling. Smiling sheepishly, he extended a hand to Mr. Fancy. "Hi, I'm Theodore Langley, but you can call me Taz."

 

Mr. Fancy smiled, and Taz swore he heard angels sing. He felt a jolt of electricity as their hands touched, and he jerked his hand back in surprise. "Sorry. Static electricity," he muttered when Mr. Fancy frowned. Then, louder, "What can I do for you, Mr....?"

 

"Blankht. Tepin Blankht," he supplied, and his deep, melodic voice made Taz's knees weak. "May I speak with you privately, please, sir?"

 

"Call me Taz, and Connor is my best friend. You might as well just say whatever it is you came here for, 'cause I'm just going to tell him everything as soon as you leave. We don't keep secrets."

 

Mr. Fancy—er, Mr. Blankht—hesitated, then tentatively asked, "Is... Connor... your—how do you Americans say—boyfriend?"

 

Taz very nearly spit out his mouthful of coffee, managing instead to swallow it all, and the hot liquid burned his throat. Connor coughed, no doubt to hide a laugh.

 

"Um, no," Taz said. "He's

 

"Straight as a nail," Connor finished for him.

 

"Why?" Taz and Connor asked simultaneously.

 

Ignoring their question, Mr. Blankht asked another of his own. "Is there another?"

 

"I'm not romantically involved with anybody at the moment," Taz said, some of his exasperation showing in the tightening of his lips. "These are awfully personal questions to be asking a stranger."

 

"But I am not a stranger, young Prince Theodore. I am your consort. We are to be wed in a fortnight."

 

Taz stood there, staring uncomprehendingly at Mr. Blankht, feeling... bewildered. He didn't know how to respond to Mr. Blankht's claims. Maybe he was on something? Taz looked into his eyes, but he saw no signs of intoxication or drugs; his eyes were clear and focused. No redness. So okay, he didn't appear to be high or drunk. Appear being the operative word.

 

He still had no clue what Mr. Blankht was talking about. He wasn't a prince, and he certainly wasn't getting married. He'd remember proposing to somebody. Although... There was that one time, about a month ago, when he'd gotten so shit-faced, he still couldn't remember anything he'd done that night. But still.

 

He didn't know what to think.

 

"What are you talking about?" He finally asked. "I'm not engaged, and I'm no prince."

 

"No one has told you?" Mr. Blankht asked, his face a mask of consternation. "They were supposed to have told you by now."

 

"Who was supposed to have told me what?" Taz felt a certain anxious dread. He shook his head, as if by doing so, he could somehow prevent what was coming next.

 

"You are the son of King and Queen Bakhoun. You are the prince—the only prince—of Hotep. Hotep is one of a group of islands in the Atlantic Ocean, off the east coast of North America. I live on an island very close to yours. Nefer."

 

Taz's eyes narrowed in concentration, a niggling memory trying to burst free. There was a faint ringing in his ears that sounded vaguely like a bell. He closed his eyes, trying to coax the memory closer, and...

 

Mommy?” Theodore said, tugging at his mother's dress.

 

Yes, Carmie?” His mother asked in her musical voice.

 

What's that?” He was pointing at an emblem on a dignitary's chest.

 

She chuckled. “That, my little sweet tooth, is the crest of Nefer. Do you remember what we learned yesterday?”

 

Theodore nodded, his eyes wide. He was clutching his mother's hand because there were so many people there he didn't know. She gently squeezed his little hand, reassuring him that he was safe.

 

There are two kingdoms. We rule one, and...” he scrunched his face up, trying to remember. “And Teremun rules the other one.”

 

That's right, Theodore.” She patted his hand. “King Teremun Blankht is here, and he brought his son. Why don't you go and find him?”

 

Taz frowned, shaking his head to clear away the memory. It disturbed him. The memory was fuzzy; he couldn't make out any details, but he somehow knew he had been looking at the crest Tepin wore over his heart.

 

But that's not what disturbed him. What disturbed him was the fact that the woman in his memory wasn't Bethany Langley. Sure, it was fuzzy, but the woman's image had been just clear enough to determine she wasn't Bethany. It scared him a little, but he pushed the fear aside. It wouldn't change anything.

 

"What are you talking about?” He finally asked. “My parents are Stephen and Bethany Langley. I have a brother, Dane."

 

"They really haven't told you. I see. Perhaps I should take my leave for now. I will come back tomorrow, so you will have a chance to talk to the Langleys." Mr. Blankht bowed elegantly, then left.

 

Taz stared after him, his head buzzing, trying to block out everything Mr. Blankht had said. He knew with a sickening certainty that his life had just been turned inside out and upside down.

 

With shaking hands, he took his cell phone from his pocket and pressed speed-dial number one. Connor caught his eye, and he shook his head. Later, he mouthed.

 

"Mom, we need to talk," Taz said when the other line was picked up.

span style="comic sans ms", cursive;">Please read and review. :)
2012 Cyndi M. All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 19
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Administrator

You have a good beginning and hook to this story. The whole long lost prince thing can definitely be a fun plot twist. It'll be interesting to see where you go from here. Good start Cyn, now keep going!

Link to comment
On 04/04/2012 03:17 AM, Cia said:
You have a good beginning and hook to this story. The whole long lost prince thing can definitely be a fun plot twist. It'll be interesting to see where you go from here. Good start Cyn, now keep going!
Thank you! Hopefully, I won't disappoint you. :)
Link to comment
On 04/04/2012 03:44 AM, Andy78 said:
A nice first chapter Cyn. I'm hooked, don't keep me hanging for too long.
Yay! Don't worry; my plan is to submit one chapter either every week, or every other week. I'll try not to keep anybody waiting. ^_^
Link to comment
On 04/04/2012 04:10 AM, Percy said:
Good start. I am definitely drawn in. Hope you keep going.
I definitely plan to keep going. :) I'm glad you're drawn in. :D
Link to comment

Terrific, I enjoyed reading this. Wonderful pacing. Engaging. Charming, but of course.

Link to comment
On 04/04/2012 05:13 AM, Foster said:
Terrific, I enjoyed reading this. Wonderful pacing. Engaging. Charming, but of course.
Thank you, Sammy Bug. I'm glad you glad you liked it. I hope you continue to like it. :)
Link to comment

ooooh you added some things :D so awesome I can't wait to read more when you post it ahhh so excited :D

Link to comment
On 04/04/2012 07:07 AM, Rebelghost85 said:
Great start. I can't wait to learn more.
Thank you. Chapter 2 should be up next week.
Link to comment
On 04/04/2012 11:41 AM, Daddydavek said:
Add me to the list of people who will be following this story!
Awesome! There is a follow button on the main page of this story, if you're interested.
Link to comment
On 04/04/2012 02:37 PM, Beloved said:
ooooh you added some things :D so awesome I can't wait to read more when you post it ahhh so excited :D
Yes, I did! :D Lol. Good! Glad I got you excited! :D
Link to comment

to be Married? D: without him knowing anything? wow, that really shocked him. But hell, he like the guy in first sight haha :P

Link to comment
On 04/08/2012 11:39 PM, Audi said:
to be Married? D: without him knowing anything? wow, that really shocked him. But hell, he like the guy in first sight haha :P
Yes, it did shock him. :D And yes he did! :P Thank you for the review! :hug:
Link to comment

OMG absolutely LOVE it! (read all 4 chapters)... premise is great, but I think the awesomeness lies in your ability to write and drive the premise forward -- you've got such a flair for descriptive writing, it's so immersive that I was easily hooked. I'm already in love with Tepin, he's so sexy!!! Ugh I wish I hadn't read it, coz now I've got to wait for ages until each chapter comes out. And I hate waiting. :( I wish I stumbled across it when you were like 30 chapters in, so I don't have to wait long periods. Overall, such an ambitious and creative foray into gay storytelling, I'm so excited to see where this story heads next. So stop whatever the heck you're doing and concentrate on putting out at least 5 chapters each week LOL.

 

On THAT note... do me a favour? Don't bothering my story, k? I'm embarrassed. :P

Link to comment

I knew i would like this :) Cyn i'm excited for this story lol can't believe i never read it before today but i'm going to rectify that this morning. this first chapter was the perfect hook. you meet Taz, get a sense of who he is and a gander at his relationship with the best friend, and then boom the world turns upside down. Just enough to warrant a reading of chapter two :) I didn't want to move on without giving you a review. Now i must read chapter two to see what happens next. Tepin sounds gorgeous bty :)

Link to comment

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm interesting! Hotep? Nefer? Sounds awfulling Egyptiany! :D Connor reminds me a lot of my 'straight' housemate Bruce lol. Stranger just showing up and saying they to be hitched in a fortnight lol. I'm cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurious. :)

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..