Jump to content

Hidden Sunlight 1. Aspects of Dawn

   (6 reviews)

Facing a life-changing medical procedure, 14 year old Shay approaches it with the same detachment, confusion and dread that has haunted his emotions for as long as he can recall. Yet what follows instead is something that he could not have anticipated in his craziest dreams, and everything he knows is about to change forever.

Copyright © 2013 Stellar; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (12 members)

  • Action Packed 12
  • Addictive/Pacing 10
  • Characters 11
  • Chills 4
  • Cliffhanger 8
  • Compelling 6
  • Feel-Good 4
  • Humor 2
  • Smoldering 5
  • Tearjerker 6
  • Unique 10
  • World Building 10

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

rewski84

   8 of 8 members found this review helpful 8 / 8 members

This story (and sequel) definitely sets the standard to base all stories by, regardless of genre. The storyline is compelling and beautifully written. The characters don't disappoint: they captivate you and take you along for a ride through all that they experience. You'll want to be Shay. You'll want to experience Mira. And you'll definitely WANT a certain Russian...

  • Like 4
  • Love 3
Link to review
Brayon

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

This story has everything a good SciFi needed. It also has a great Romance feature to it as well. Excellently written, and captivating. The characters come alive, and you feel a connection to them. I highly recommend it. Five Stars.

  • Like 3
  • Love 3
Link to review
xleroc

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

Although I read this story years ago, a recent note by the author compelled me to leave this review, so here goes.

Content on GA, like most human endeavors, follows a Pareto distribution: only 20% of it is worth reading at all, only 20% of that is any good any only 20% of that is truly art.  Hidden Sunlight falls into that last category.

This book isn’t a great story by GA standards - it’s a great story by any standards.  It ought to be published and read widely.

From the first chapter until the nail-biting conclusion, the adventures of Shay and those he meets on Aspira draw you in.  The world-building is first-rate, the science believable (I’m a physicist by training and my disbelief was suspended) and the characters made me care about them. I read this while it was being posted, with sometimes long gaps that only heightened my anticipation.

If you like science fiction at all, you’re doing yourself a disservice if you don’t stop what you’re doing and start reading this book right now.  Stellar’s three books are all in my GA top 10 and I’ve been reading this site for 15 years.

Response from the author:

I don't know what to say.

Thank you for the regard with which you hold me. It Is truly my pleasure.

However I would remind you that the 'third book' I currently have is Spirit of Fire which is NOT science fiction. It is its own brand of contemporary fantasy. Yet another addendum on that is that I am working on the actual third book for the sci-fi trilogy.  So, 2021, I hope.

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to review
CincyKris

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

I happened upon this story when the author posted a new story.  The first chapter was exciting and extremely well written, but I felt I was missing something.  It turns out, the new story is the third part of a trilogy.  So I stopped reading three and started on the first.  I was blown away by this story!  It is one of the best sci-fi stories I have ever read, on any site.  Hopefully you have time to binge this.  It moves fast, makes you think, has a beautiful romance, and has masterful writing.  

Response from the author:

While I hope the initial chapter of Lucid Truth didn't spoil anything from the first book for you, it seems your enjoyment was not impacted regardless. Thank you so much for your positive review and kind words -- I'm happy you liked Hidden Sunlight this much!  With any luck, the rest of the trilogy will hold up to that same level of literary wonder.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to review
Albert1434

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

I believe that if you read this powerful story you will love it. So clearly written well detailed great dialogue and beautiful passion of young love! 

  • Love 1
Link to review
Buddy1691

  

Excellent Series. Eagerly waiting for the next few chapters in the third book.

  • Like 2
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..