Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Ice Fairy; The Friends - 11. Chapter 11

Chapter Eleven

Sam’s POV

“Finally”. Sam muttered to himself as the shower finally became available. Of course, it wasn’t as if it was the only bathroom in the house; but Sam liked the steam shower. Unfortunately, so did Brett. The fucker had probably used up all the hot water while cleaning off his hot body.

Shit. He had to stop thinking of Brett as just this sexy beast. That’d make him forgot how mad at him he really was; which of course, he was.

It’d been a crappy night. After catching a ride home with Ryan and Caleb, Sam had walked into the house and saw that Brett had already gone to bed. They hadn’t said a single word to each other all night, or all morning.

Not a sound, nor a peep. Nothing.

It broke Sam’s heart to fight with Brett; especially when he was in the right. He knew he was. All he’d done was purge himself of the terrible memories and bad feelings for Amber. It was all over now. What had he even done wrong at all?

Okay, okay. Maybe going to see her without telling Brett might’ve been in the wrong, maybe. But the end result should’ve blown away any wrongdoing.

Sam rubbed his face and was just opening his eyes again when the bathroom door opened.

Brett didn’t even look at him or say a word. All he did was motion that the bathroom was open now using a wave of his arm and a smug look on his handsome face.

Shit, this had to stop. Maybe Sam could come up with an answer during his shower. Like hell he’d let them be late for the wedding so he could watch two of his nearest and dearest tie the knot.

After the soothing shower was over; Sam dried off and dressed in his tuxedo. He was having one hell of a time with the tie and considered trying to get Brett to do it for him; but he actually feared that he’d be strangled.

Still, it bothered him that there was this silent treatment ever going on in the first place. It had to stop. Now.

“Brett?” Sam called out. Softly at first, but when it wasn’t returned, he called out again, a little louder this time.

“Hey, Brett?”

A moment later his husband appeared in the doorway. “What?” He asked flatly.

Although it was only a syllable; it was something, right?

With his dark eyes firmly in doe mode; Sam tried to pour on the charm.

“I was just wondering if you’d be willing to help me tie this bow tie? I seem to be all thumbs when it comes to these things.” He tried a light laugh to inject some levity into things. But would Brett take the bait?

The blond shrugged and tried to tie it, but from a distance. He stayed back at least an arm’s length from Sam and never once looked into his eyes.

It made Sam want to cry; it hurt not to have his man ever look at him. But he dare not show weakness now in any form. His stomach churned a little and just looking at Brett made him feel a little sick; but he had to keep it all inside.

At least the tie was getting done, and properly. Even from the mile away Brett seemed to be; the tie was finished in two minutes.

Sam felt the tie and smiled. “Thank you.” He spoke sincerely.

With a grumpy shrug, Brett turned away and left the room again.

Damn this would be a long day.

 

 * * * *

One hour later

Ryan’s POV

Ryan felt like he was walking on air. Married. Today he’d be married and his last name would change and he and Caleb could run off to the cabin they’d rented and cocoon themselves in bed away from the world.

The whole morning had moved in slow motion until they’d gotten to this point; the minutes up until their wedding. He could barely stop himself from just staring at Caleb and keep his heartbeat in check. Husbands. More than lovers, lifetime friends, committed to the end of time.

He knew and prayed this day would come eventually; but their parent’s help making it a reality just made it that much sweeter.

Speaking of sweet, the rose on his lapel beckoned to him as it was being pinned on and he glanced up at his mother who grinned at him.

“My precious son. All grown up.” There were happy tears in her eyes and he couldn’t help but kiss her on the cheek.

“Mom. I can hardly believe myself. But I’ll never stop being your little boy. Ever.” He had to make her feel better. It seemed to have worked when she kissed his cheek, leaving some gaudy lipcolor for sure.

A chuckle was heard approaching him; his father’s rich laugh.

“Anna, stop it now you’ll mess up his fine clean-shaven face.” He whipped out a tissue and wiped off Ryan’s face. “There now, me boy. All groomed up proper for yer weddin’ day.”

“Doesn’t he look so handsome, Connor?” Anna gushed.

Ryan felt an eyeroll coming; but let it pass. This was part their day too.

“Aye he does. A handsome lad he is. Our son, me love.” He kissed his wife’s cheek and Ryan felt his heart warm.

Caleb came over, thankfully and put his arm around Ryan’s shoulders.

“Hey. It’s time.”

With a girlish gasp that he couldn’t contain, Ryan smiled so wide his cheeks hurt. He glanced at the two ushers, Colby and Jake, and waved them forward.

“Let’s get this show moving, guys. Mom?”

Colby offered his arm to Mrs. Patterson and she looked happy to be escorted by such a young, attractive man.

“I’ll be followin’ behind ye, love.” Connor teased. “Good luck, son. Caleb.” He looked the big guy up and down. “Yer a son to us too now. Ye’ve made our Ryan the happiest he’s ever been and fer that we welcome ye to our clan.”

Ryan grinned and took Caleb’s hand. “Thank you, papa.”

“Yes, thank you.” Caleb replied.

Mr. Patterson straightened out his jacket. “Well, I suppose I’ll be makin’ me entrance a bit quieter like.” He joked as he went around the other way and disappeared into the lodge.

Jake was up next and offered his arm to Caleb’s mother who paused at the boys.

“Good luck you two. Caleb, I’m so proud of you, baby.” She leaned in and kissed his cheek before taking off down the aisle with Jake.

Ryan felt a sense of peace fall over things as all seemed well; at least mostly. Their two best men, Brett and Sam, still hadn’t spoken to each other, but at least were there and ready to perform their duties.

“You guys ready?” Caleb asked.

“Yup.” Brett answered as he offered Sam his arm and they took off down the aisle together.

One could only imagine what was left unsaid there. But it wasn’t time for that. It was time for them.

After the way was clear, the music changed and Ryan felt his heart swell and tears form in his eyes. He was so happy!

“May I escort you, Ryan Patterson? To become my husband?” Caleb asked so gallantly he nearly swooned.

Ryan nodded. “Oh hell yeah, baby.”

The trip down the aisle was something that Ryan wouldn’t soon forget. With his hand firmly clenched around Caleb’s large hand; they walked down together.

All he could see were smiling faces from the family and friends that’d joined them there today. It wasn’t a huge crowd; for which he and Caleb were both grateful. The bigger crowd would be at the reception for sure.

But that would be for later. Ahhh. Later.

Ryan’s mind was on later on that night when they’d go back to their hotel room and either collapse, or have a quickie, then collapse. He had to be sure to stock some energy drink in the room. All he wanted in the world was to spend as much time as possible in his new hubby’s arms.

Before he knew it, the front was reached and before them stood a preacher, and on either side were the not-so-happy looking best men. Dammit, he wished to hell they’d put their differences aside so it didn’t ruin the whole ceremony.

Only part of what the preacher said broke through Ryan’s inner monologue.

“….gives these men to be married?”

“His mother and I do.” Mr. Jacobson replied.

“Sure ‘an his ma and I do too.” Mr. Patterson responded.

Ryan smiled wider and tried to get Brett to smile at least. “The big day, man.” He whispered to his friend.

“You guys look awesome.” He replied, and a grin, albeit it a small one, formed on Brett’s lips.

The preacher broke in. “The grooms have written their own vows. Gentlemen.”

Ryan started to reach for his slip of paper, but Caleb beat him to the punch.

“I’ve got it, baby.” He cleared his throat and gave Ryan another very soft look.

“Ryebread, you had my attention from second one and my heart followed very quickly after. I was so scared to tell you what I felt; but I know God intervened in my life and I had no choice but to let the truth spill out. Baby, I love you with every bit of me that is possible and I feel beyond blessed to have you in my life. I’ll be the best husband I can to you, I swear it.”

Ryan felt tears in his eyes and clasped Caleb’s hand tighter. With his other hand he opened up his piece of paper with his heartfelt vows scrawled on them.

“Cal… you changed my life when you told me how you felt. I’m the blessed one to have you as my friend and lover, and now my husband. You’ve turned my world upside down and into something that I would’ve ever want to be without. I love you with my whole heart and soul.”

Now Caleb had tears in his eyes and they swiped at their faces. It was so awesome to say those words and have everyone hear them and no one interrupted.

“The rings please.”

Without fail, both Sam and Brett handed them the rings they’d chosen. They were black with shocks of silver titanium through them. Very modern yet very sleek and cool. Suzy had awesome taste in jewelry.

“Repeat after me…” the preacher began and Ryan saw Caleb look into his eyes again and almost felt like he was floating on air or having an out of body experience.

“I, Caleb Anthony Jacobson…”

The words were swimming in Ryan’s mind as they flew by; he barely heard them at all. The only thing that mattered to him was watching Caleb say them and slipping that gorgeous ring on his finger. Bound together forever.

“Ryan? Repeat after me.”

Oh shoot, now it was turn. He cleared his throat and held Caleb’s hand close to his heart.

“I, Ryan Patrick Patterson…”

This was it. The big moment.

“Take you, Caleb Anthony Jacobson to be my partner for life.”

As he slipped the ring onto Caleb’s finger, he closed his eyes and savored the memory.

After both rings were placed and a couple of prayers were done, all Ryan could remember was the best and final part.

“I now announce Caleb and Ryan Jacobson. You may kiss to seal your bond.”

Hot damn, now that’s talking. Ryan felt his feet leaving the ground as he’d wrapped his arms around Caleb’s neck and they kissed deeply, but not too long to get some dirty looks.

“My hubby.” Ryan gasped.

“Damn right.” Caleb answered.

They marched down the aisle triumphantly to applause and cheers.

Copyright © 2014 stephanie l danielson; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Now that we've had the wedding let's hope Sam and Brett make up and we can get down to Colby and Jake

Link to comment
On 04/21/2014 03:36 AM, paul.b said:
Now that we've had the wedding let's hope Sam and Brett make up and we can get down to Colby and Jake
Maybe so :)
Link to comment

Sam and Brett need to grow up and learn to talk about issues that bother them, not just sulk around the house or their marriage won´t last for long. At the moment they irritate be so much I´d rather read about Colby and Jake´s relationship.

Great chapter and a lovely wedding.

Link to comment
On 04/21/2014 02:58 PM, Suvitar said:
Sam and Brett need to grow up and learn to talk about issues that bother them, not just sulk around the house or their marriage won´t last for long. At the moment they irritate be so much I´d rather read about Colby and Jake´s relationship.

Great chapter and a lovely wedding.

Lol they do act like children, don't they? Thank you; love wedding scenes :) Now to focus on Colby/Jake
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..