Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Someone Like Me - 2. Chapter 2

hr />Due to popular demand, Chapter 2 is here! Thank you guys so much for your reviews and messages, I appreciate all of them. Apologies about technical difficulties and content errors in my last chapter, this one should be better.
Chapter Two
 
I thought I was going to die. That's what I convinced myself last night as I lay there in my bed, staring at the ceiling. They'll know soon enough...and then I'm sure as hell dead. I was preparing myself for the worst. The absolute worst.
 
But you know what? So far, it's not too bad.
 
I was starting to calm down a little as I headed for my History class. Sure, the nervousness still tap danced inside me, but the terror was gone.
 
It was only my first class and not even a real class at that. Already after homeroom, I was starting to feel confident. Even after the nasty emo guy encounter and the embarrassing moment when I boggled my eyes at Lain while my homeroom teacher was calling my name. It amazed me how Mr Mourad had known who I was even though I'd come from somewhere else. How did he do know who I was?
 
Little did I pay attention to that than to the super cute boy I'd come across. The name Lain alone fit him so perfectly. As I was walking down the halls toward History, he also was heading in the same direction too directly in front of me. There was plenty of time to check out that ass of his, and boy did it make him cuter! It was perfectly round, his shorts hugging his butt well. I had to resist the urge to go up and grope it! No way that's happening Jordan, look don't touch.
 
Unfortunately, he veered right toward another class as I continued straight. Damn. It saddened me a little, because I knew I might not get to see him for some time. The feeling was quickly lost though, as more boys crossed my vision. And might I say, smoking hot ones! I could easily spot out the jocks, sport stars and highly popular ones. Sure they were worth looking at, but then again, the shy, unassuming and less popular were even cuter. Like...that one.
 
The boy I had noticed had just come down the stairway, and was walking in the same direction I was, as if to replace Lain. I caught a brief glimpse of the side of his face, slight features and skin that looked like someone had added a touch of cinnamon to creamy milk. I didn't get to see much else, apart from the green shirt and jeans he wore. But already, I like him a lot. Even better than Lain.
 
I bet he had cute eyes. And a cute voice. Oh God, what am I doing here? I'm getting all interested and keen about some random boy who just happened to walk where I was. And still is. Sure he looks the shy type, but I probably would never be able to make an 'advance' on him...if you know what I mean...and I certainly wouldn't get a chance to speak to him.
I could see the door to my History class, and I focused in that direction.
 
I'm just going to forget about that adorable boy and save him for a later daydream...
 
At that moment, the boy turned and walked straight into my History class.
 
...or not.
 
Omigod this is great! He's in my class! The chances of that were phenomenal. Then a stroke of brilliance struck me. I have to sit by him, no matter where he sits. Never one to back down from a great opportunity, I rushed forward and entered the classroom. I scanned my eyes around the room...where has he gone, where is he...THERE!
 
He had just arrived at a desk on the opposite side of the room by the window. A space next to him was still available. I gasped a little and literally SHOVED myself through a group of gossiping teenage girls and through a couple of jocks greeting each other with the traditional slap of the hand. I must've acted like a freak to them, but I wasn't concerned about that, rather to the cute boy by the window. Nearly there...NO! No, no, no...
 
Some girl decided to park herself right next to him! This can't be happening! I was meant to be in that seat, not HER! I was so frustrated with myself for not being quicker and for her for even existing!
 
If she had never been born, I wouldn't have had this trouble. As harsh as the thought was, it was still true.
 
So I managed to sit myself at a desk across the aisle from him and her. Damn it all. At least I could sneak a side view if she leaned away from him a bit...
 
"Welcome, class." The teacher greeted us, coming out from behind his desk. "I'm Mr Grayson. I will be teaching you History this year."
 
We were into the lesson ten minutes later. I looked around the room in my mental game of 'Whose the hottest?' but there was no denying that the cute boy was the hottest. Some others were a little bit cute, but weren't as noticeable as Lain or the boy sitting by the window.
 
I wanted to know his name. What would be a good name fitting for him? Jake perhaps...or even Sam? Michael? I should've paid attention when Mr Grayson took the roll. That way I could've learnt the boy's name, like I did at homeroom. I guess I was too preoccupied in 'Whose the hottest?' and making sure I didn't miss my name being called, unlike before.
 
The lesson itself was just an introductory kinda course. Finding out what the plan for this year was. Nobody really paid attention, apart from the geeks at the front. Others were on their cellphones. I looked again to the boy sitting by the window. He had his head turned away from me, gazing out the window to the ocean blue sky, clumps of cloud dotted randomly across it. That image right there looked beautiful to me. It was obvious he was a daydreamer. But what was wrong with that if you were as adorable as him? I gazed at him as he gazed out to the outside world, to the skies above. What are you thinking, huh? What do you dream about?
 
I swear he was so beautiful. But I had to break my gaze. I didn't want others to get suspicious. My goal was to not let on to anyone here that I was gay, and a minute longer with my staring and I'd be going in the other way to what I was wanting.
 
I briefly returned my attention to the teacher, who babbled on about the importance of history and how it benefits is today or something. Boring. I began to doodle on the cover of my book. Every so often, I'd glimpse at the pretty image of the dreamer, still looking out as if he were watching something. At that moment, the sun shone down at the right angle, lighting up his face like he was a holy angel. That vision made him even more beautiful, and that inspired me to draw that down on my exercise book as well.
 
I was doing art this year, and I had a reasonable talent for drawing, so the picture I was creating for the rest of the period wasn't all that bad. Nothing like the real thing though.
I had just put the final touches to my drawing and I looked over at the boy just one more time...
 
I caught him shifting his gaze from the wonders of the outside world to the droning voice of Mr Grayson. I could see more of his facial features from here. His nose looked so cute! When I saw it twitch just the smallest bit, I nearly screamed at how adorable that was. His most kissable lips were curved just right, with a slight rise at each end. He was a wonder to look at from this angle.
 
So when he turned his head further and locked eyes with me, I felt as if I was going to explode! Fireworks were shooting off in my mind, the more his green, gleaming eyes connected with mine. Omigod he's looking at me!
 
The bell rang, breaking the moment completely. No! Our eye contact was lost as the commotion immediately took place, as others around me rose and herded to the door.
 
"Page 6 and 7 for homework from your textbooks!" Mr Grayson called, but for the most part, it fell on deaf ears.
 
I got up and headed for the door in amongst the others. The boy who was staring at me not ten seconds ago was nowhere to be found, probably behind me. Walking out into the hallway, I looked over my shoulder to see if I could spot him. For an instant, I did. But then he vanished from sight as the halls filled with students.
 
Wow. He was amazing. His beauty, his dreamy stares as he daydreamed and when he looked straight at me...oh God. It was a truly spectacular thing. I couldn't wait for my next History class.
 
As much as I would've liked to have happen, the rest of the periods before lunch were dull compared to History. That is, in terms of cute boys. My game of 'Whose the hottest?' didn't score very well. There were some mildly cute people, some big-time jocks, but I didn't spark any interest in them. They were...I dunno...not right for me, you know? Boys like Lain and the one in my History class were ones I found myself having an attraction too. I didn't know what it was. If I could see the both of them, or at least the dreamer boy again, God it would be awesome!
 
But there weren't any ones whom I found to have an attraction to apart from the two boys. I was kinda disappointed. What happened to all the hotties? Am I just in the wrong classes?
 
By the time lunch rolled around, I was very hungry. My stomach was literally growling to be fed. Once I'd piled all the food that I wanted onto my tray, I sat down at a table by myself at the cafeteria. As I ate, my mind wandered back to the dreamer boy. I swear he was cuter than Lain. You should've seen his face. It was so angelic and up lifting. No one in any of my other classes stood a chance with him. A little fantasy crossed my mind, of him being with me, kissing in a passionate lip lock, and feeling his smooth, not quite brown skin. I felt myself getting hard underneath the table. If only I were at home in the privacy of my room...
No, what are you doing? I scolded to myself. There's no way in hell you could get with him. Be realistic, Jordan!
 
I tried getting myself soft again, as I finished off my lunch. It worked if you thought about other things that were not so pleasurable, but it was a challenge.
 
Once I was ready to go, I rose and left the cafeteria. I thought I might aswell go to the library. Get out a book, maybe do some homework. Think more about my little crush, hehe. But I'd be alone, of course. I wish I could get some friends. Even if they're not as cute as Lain and the other boy. I briefly thought about Monica, but she was a little bit...pesky. And there was some boy I could sidle up with in my math class who looked smart. Nothing like befriending a geek who might be a great asset when it comes to algebra and trigonometry. Still, I wanted actual friends who could value me for who I am. I could've done better with introducing myself to some people, but since the rude emo guy, I just think that others will just look irritably at me like: Who the hell are you?
 
Monica of course being an exception. So I think I'll keep to myself for a bit, I'm not up to doing something brave like that yet.
 
I found the library and slipped inside. The place was packed, literally! The hubbub of students was intense. Never before had I seen a library so full. It made me a little intimidated, but I managed to slither through the hordes of students standing around, reading and doing other things, right until the fiction books section. I browsed through the titles and authors, trying to find one that looked interesting. About a minute later, I found something vaguely interesting and headed for the librarian desk to issue the book out. There was a small cue, and some boy I couldn't see very well was working through them, renewing and issuing out different books under different names. At one point I saw someone slip a library card to him and I panicked when I realised I didn't have one. It's okay, I'll just ask if I need one.
 
As the line condensed, I focused on the book I wanted to get out, staring at it's back cover. I had no clue what was going on right in front of me, or more specifically, who was there. So I didn't realise I was next until the librarian boy said so.
 
"Would you like to issue out that book?" He asked.
 
I looked up from my book. "Yes please, do I need to have..h-have..."
 
OMIGOD it was him! It was the boy in my History class!!!! Aaaaargh!!! I had no idea he was a librarian. What the hell do I say? Should I say I know him? Or pretend to not know him? I don't know...I can't think of anything to say cause he's so damn cute up close! Okay...just say what you were going to say...
 
I cleared my throat, as if it had gotten stuck midway through my sentence. "Sorry, d-do I need a library card or something like that to get this out?"
 
I felt so awkward and panicked! He was right there! Omigod he's so adorable...
 
"No, you don't. Just give me your name and you can have the book." He replied.
 
As if the moment could've gotten any better, he also had an ACCENT. A very, ear-tickling Italian accent. Wow...this...this is unbelievable. He just asked for my name for crying out loud. He's staring at me, say something to that hot face!
 
"Jordan Brooks." I recited.
 
The boy turned to the monitor sitting next to him and typed in my name.
 
"Pass the book for a sec." He said, hand outstretched.
 
With shaky hands, I managed to pass him the book. Accidentally, our fingers brushed ever so lightly as he gripped onto the book, but it felt like an earth-shattering impact to me. In a good way, that is. His fingers felt SO smooth. A bit crazy of me, I know. AND he has an Italian accent, how awesome is that? He speaks English so well too. I watched him type the books details on the screen. I was packing myself at this point, I was way to scared to start small talk with him. Geez, I was not expecting him here at all. Maybe this is fate...
 
"Here you go." He said, handing back the book with a smile. "It's a good read that one."
If he couldn't have been more adorable before, then he was proving me wrong. His smile lit up his whole face, making those green eyes of his sparkle. I was on the edge of hyperventilating.
 
"Thanks." I replied, just above a murmur.
 
My mind was ready for me to turn away and leave. Perhaps another peek at him and then I could be gone in my own little space, thinking about how amazing this moment was. And that's when he spoke again. "Wait, aren't you in my History class?"
 
For an instant I was struck with numbing shock. Then the powerfully impacting thought hit my mind. He recognises me!
 
"Yeah, I am." I said, giving a nervous smile. "I th-think I saw you, from memory."
 
He smiled wider and said. "Well nice to meet you, Jordan."
 
I was about to say something that was a little lame but then a spurt of courage with which I had no idea where it came from, forced me to come out with: "What's your name?"
 
Did I just do that? Oh wow, I'm going to find out what his name is!
 
"Malachi." He grinned.
 
Malachi. What an awesome name.
 
"Cool." I said, but with not much else to say afterwards I said, "See you around then, I guess."
 
"Okay, bye Jordan." Malachi said with another fresh smile and turned to the next person in line behind me.
 
I backed up for the counter and tried my best to look natural as I walked away. Omigod, that was incredible. I got to talk to my little crush I'd made not a few hours ago, and now I know his name is Malachi! He suited the name so well, it was like a petal to a flower. I sat down at a chair and opened my book so I'd didn't look like an infatuated idiot wandering around the library. But there was no way I could read, with the phrase pounding my mind. His name is Malachi.
 
This day is turning out to be freaking awesome.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
If you're sweet, you would review. :P
Copyright © 2015 The_Jordanator; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 30
  • Love 4
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Yep, I like this one, too. I hope you get the first chapter up again, as it is not available to me at the moment.

Also I wonder how Malachi is pronounced, is it like Malakee or Malatshee?

Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

Malachi M AE L - uh - k ye The ye sounds like eye. :)

I wish you had resolved the technical issue with ch1 before posting ch2. I hope that can be fixed. That being said, I enjoyed this chapter also. I think you have captured the 'cute boy in class' scene very well. I remember that my cute boy was behind and one row to the right. I had to resort to reflective objects in order to admire him. Alas, although he seemed to look at me quite often, he was straight. :)

After the understandably awkward meeting in the library, Jordan's cute boy now knows his name and noticed him. It's going to be harder for Jordon to keep his secret. I'm looking forward to more.

Link to comment
On 05/05/2015 10:16 AM, drpaladin said:
Malachi M AE L - uh - k ye The ye sounds like eye. :)

I wish you had resolved the technical issue with ch1 before posting ch2. I hope that can be fixed. That being said, I enjoyed this chapter also. I think you have captured the 'cute boy in class' scene very well. I remember that my cute boy was behind and one row to the right. I had to resort to reflective objects in order to admire him. Alas, although he seemed to look at me quite often, he was straight. :)

After the understandably awkward meeting in the library, Jordan's cute boy now knows his name and noticed him. It's going to be harder for Jordon to keep his secret. I'm looking forward to more.

Chapter One has been updated and fixed. That was a mistake on my part, it would help everyone if I clicked 'Publish Chapter'

Thank you for your supportive reviews. You will be interested to know that Chapter 3 is nearly ready to post

Link to comment

Good going so far, I have read both chapters tonight, a very good solid start that leaves you with many options to move your tale forward with. Thank you very much for sharing you story, very well done.

Link to comment

Great story, just found this today and read both chapters. You got the cute boy scene really well. :P

Link to comment

Great story just stumbled across this today and I have to say I am very impressed, you've got a talent for writing and I can't wait to read more chapters thanks for a great read.

Link to comment

I'm enjoying this so far, definitely interested to find out what happens next, so you've got an effective hook. I will echo what others have said, this is definitely impressive writing and you have a good instinct for storytelling. Just from a technical standpoint you're doing a good job of developing your story and characters and you aren't just telling every thing but actually showing which makes for much more engaging reading.

 

Just a couple things that I noticed, watch out for misspelled words and bad modifiers. For instance you said something like "more simplier" in the first chapter. The simplier is the modifier you don't need the "more." I know critiquing grammar on the Internet is lame, but hey it makes your story look more professional and easier to read.

 

Otherwise this is going great so far. I'm interested in Jordan and obviously hope for the best for him already. I'd love to see him come out of his shell a bit and Malachi certainly seems pretty friendly, so hopefully Jordan gets over his shyness and actually attempts at least a friendship. His parents worry me, and not just because of their intolerance of homosexuality. His mom seems cold and overly critical. Or at least that's my take thus far.

 

Anyway I'm enjoying this thus far, looking forward to more!

Link to comment
Guest lt. dangle

Posted

still going great keep up the good work. grammer is what a 14yo would use and you are telling the story from a 14yo's point of view so i see no problem.

Link to comment

Another great chapter! I know exactly how Jordan is feeling as he stares at the cute boy across the room. I always had the hardest time balancing time for staring and time to avoid looking in order to keep my secret from ever surfacing. Its a daily struggle. Malachi seems like a good guy though and I hope for Jordan's sake something could come out of it. He definitely deserves it. It doesn't seem like he's had a ton of good things going for him lately.

I'm probably going to run off and read chapter three now. Thanks for keeping me intrigued!

Link to comment

LOL! He's such a teenager! I think just about everyone goes through this phase. It's a wonder teachers are capable of teaching young kids anything at all.

 

Now Jordan had a name. Things are indeed looking up!

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..