Jump to content
    Thirdly
  • Author
  • 2,572 Words
  • 907 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

W.R.E.C.K. - 6. Unprecedented

Revelin's POV:

I was given the daunting task of getting our outlaw friends up to date on what we were planning to do. Kazren wasn't a fan of any kind of displacement energy. That was why he had undoubtedly joined a pirate crew on a ship rather than taken up any Wandering or Idling. The last time the redhead walked through one of my portals, his lunch ended up all over my favorite boots. And to tell him we were displacing an entire town? Well, I've survived worse.

"Kaz, Garridan," I spoke into the communicator charm. "We're about to do something stupid and dangerous on a town-sized scale. If you don't want to get caught up in the displacement field, you might want to hightail it out of the planet."

"Town-sized!?" Kazren squeaked with different levels of fear in his voice. I could hear them all.

"Yes, as crazy as it sounds, it's as sound a plan as any." I remarked.

"Taking off as we speak." Captain Garridan responded with a groan as he shifted to bear the weight of a clinging, panicked, Kazren. "The best of luck to all of you. We expect to hear from you after your strange endeavor."

"No need to worry about us, but yeah. I'll be sure to contact you after the worst is over." I agreed. "Oh, and pull yourself together, Kazren. For pity's sake, you're not going to be anywhere near the displacement field."

As the charm faded into its usual dull color, I walked over towards my partner and gave him a rather thorough kiss. The blonde was a downright mess when we pulled apart, which caused me to smirk. "Not that I doubt our capabilities, but should something grave happen, I wouldn't want to die with any regrets."

"Then, neither do I." He admitted as he tugged me back down for another fervent kiss.

I felt that damn kiss down to my toes. Before either of us knew it, I ended up lifting his thighs and pinning him against the wall as we continued to practically devour each other.

"Whoa. As hot as that is, we don't have time for it," Alexandra stated. "Break it up and let's get things started."

"Why haven't we been able to finish what we start lately?" Cyrus whimpered.

"I've been asking myself the same question for the past couple of weeks." I growled in response.


Vianis's POV:

When my master told me to stay with the white-haired Wanderer and her dragon, this wasn't exactly what I had in mind. The woman fainted on me halfway to Darryl's apartment. I barely managed to grab her before her head hit the ground. Though she was small, she wasn't exactly light. I don't know how I managed to carry her the rest of the way, but I did.

I deposited her on Darryl's bed. Though she was a tomboy of a woman, I knew better than to simply drop her onto the floor. That wouldn't have been very gentlemanly at all. And, underneath it all, I considered myself to be a gentleman.

'Is that why you didn't invite that hottie over to my place?' Darryl commented. 'Not that I mind Verity sleeping in my bed. She's a gem. I'd sleep with her in a heartbeat if she asked-'

'That will be quite enough from you,' I hissed.

'Just because I can appreciate both genders is no reason for you to freak out over my admiring a woman. I didn't say anything when you went gaga over C-C.'

I pointedly decided to ignore the man. But, as soon as I was able to focus again, I felt something very strange. "Female dragon?" I asked aloud.

'Verity said her name was Crystal, remember?' Darryl pointed out.

"Female dragon…" I continued to call out loud as I looked in every room. "Where did she go? She couldn't have left the room, could she have?"

'I do have a latch that leads to the roof of the building,' Darryl supplied. 'Since we're on the top floor and all. I mean, I rarely go up there but…'

I let out a soft curse as I found the staircase that led to the roof. "Why didn't you tell me any of this sooner? We would have locked her up!"

'I forgot about it myself til just now! Besides, how was I supposed to know that a dragon could even use it to get out?'

As I reached the top of the building, I saw something hazy on the horizon on all sides that was slowly making its way up like heatwaves. I spun around and caught sight of a white dragon tail. "Female dragon!" I gasped as I realized that she was on top of the roof of the staircase. "Would you please come down from there?"

To my surprise, she did. But then, the arctic dragon began to nudge me towards that highest point of the building. I climbed up the side at her insistence, all the while wondering why I was even bothering to do as much. When my head was high enough to see, I choked hard. She had laid a nest. She had laid an honest to goodness nest!

'Freaking awesome!'

I felt my stomach drop down to my feet as I scrambled to stand up there. She had laid five spotted eggs in various shades of red and white. "Oh, fuck me!" I gasped at the sight. Just how fast was dragon gestation, anyhow? I felt a shudder go through me and glanced around. While I was so busy gaping, I didn't realize how fast the heatwaves rose up into the sky and began to close at the highest point of Wight-Led…which just so happened to be where I was standing!

'Dude! What the fuck is that!?' Darryl questioned.

I gaped down at the white dragon, to the nest, and back up to the heatwaves. "Cosmos, am I going to regret this!" Without thinking it over twice, I draped Darryl's body over the nest of eggs just as the heatwaves seared through us both. The pain was excruciating. I felt as if I were literally being torn apart and roasted alive all at the same time. For the longest time, I didn't know who was screaming louder, Darryl or myself.

When I next opened my eyes, I didn't remember the last thing I even did. I let out a pained groan and clutched at my head. What had I done? I was looking for the female dragon and…eggs! The displacement field! "Gravel-head! Are you alright?" I gasped as I shot up to a sitting position. I instantly regretting it as it caused my brain to throb violently. I clutched at my head with both my hands and was surprised to feel long strands of silky hair.

"Dude, you won't force me to do anything like that ever again, will ya?"

My eyes shot right open as I look towards the sound of that familiar voice. "Darryl?" The man was laying on a cot to my left. Which meant that I was no longer inhabiting him. I began to frantically pat the body I was in. "Who is this that I am possessing? How…?"

"Calm down, Vi." Darryl drawled. "I heard them talking about an hour ago. Whatever hocus pocus they were doing to the town, it ended up splitting us in a weird way. Whatever you do, don't look at yourself in a mirror just yet-"

Instinctively, I scampered off the cot and ran towards the nearest restroom, completely disregarding the man's warning.

"Crisis in the cosmos!"

My skin was so pale that my flushed face appeared pink. My eyes and hair were the navy blue that I was used to seeing in my serpent form, but the hair reached down to my waist, and it was straight. The only other hair was my eyebrows, because as far as I could see, I had no hair anywhere else. My privates had never felt more vulnerable in all the days of my life…

"I told you not to look in the mirror straight away!" Darryl taunted from inside the room.

"Silence!" I huffed. And that was when I realized just how frightened I really was. Though the body was apparently mine, it didn't feel like it was mine. Could I even shift back into my natural serpentine form? Were these the consequences of saving five unborn lives? "Just where are we, anyhow!?"

"We're in one of the hospital rooms of Wight-Led. You know, my home town?" Darryl replied.

"Does…that mean-?" I began, but my friend seemed to have an answer for that as well.

"Yeah, whatever they were doing worked. We're still in Wight-Led, but Wight-Led itself is who knows where?"

When I came back into the room, I grimaced at the strange hospital cloth that consisted as my only covering. "How is it that you still retained your facial and body hair?" I grumbled.

"Do you really wanna go there?" Darryl countered with a raised brow. "I'll show it off, if that's what you want..." He trailed off as he began to remove his own hospital cloth.

"Stop that this instant!" I practically squeaked in a panic, waving my arms in front of me. In spite of it all, my gaze ended up rolling down the light amount of chest hair and following the happy trail that led to other areas before I realized what I was doing and then I promptly turned around and clambered back onto my cot, covering myself with the pathetically thin blanket, and refusing to look the other man in the eye. It was one thing to be in control of a body like that for important purposes. It was another thing entirely to stare at that body when it was back in the rightful owner's control.

"Sheech, no need to get so jealous over it." Darryl drawled.

An awkward silence permeated around us both for a moment before a nurse came in to check up on us.

"The two of you have a lot of visitors waiting for you to be released." She mused out loud.

I felt like a child eagerly awaiting his parents. Perhaps a part of me still was a child. But, I rarely allowed such feelings to get a hold of me.

"Vianis, how are you feeling?" Cyrus asked as he entered the room.

At the wondrous sound of my master's voice, I almost felt tears brimming in my eyes. "Master Cyrus!" I whimpered. "This is terrible! Who am I? What am I?" I don't know when I began to cling to him like some fool, but I certainly was.

"There, there, we'll figure it out." The blonde replied as he began to pet my head.

I let go of him and began to feel better from that touch alone. Somewhere deep inside, where my pride rested, I would have felt shame over letting such a condescending touch soothe me. But, just then, I simply didn't care.

"Are you seriously pouting?" Darryl asked as he clambered onto the other end of my cot.

I balked when I realized that he was completely naked. "Do you have no sense of modesty!?" I yelped as I immediately hid my face away against Cyrus's chest so as not to look in that direction.

"Do you have no sense as to whom you're bawling against?" The unmistakable sound of my master's ruffian's voice came from somewhere beside my cot.

I peered over at him. Sure enough, his expression was quite sour. I huffed and wiggled myself back into an upright sitting position without touching the blonde. "Master Cyrus surely knows that I have nothing but a deep respect and admiration towards him and would never compromise him in such a manner!" I insisted as I folded my arms petulantly across my chest.

"Of course I know," Cyrus replied with a soft smile. "You've done well, Vianis. I'm quite proud of you."

For a good moment, I didn't have a clue as to what he was talking about. But, then I remembered the dragon eggs. "Are they alright? The unborn dragons?" I questioned. Far be it for me to have done such a dangerous thing in vain.

"All of them are doing fine. Verity, Crystal, and the eggs." Cyrus answered.

I shot a quick glance towards Darryl and then pointedly looked away. "Darryl, I, a-hem..." I began. "I apologize for placing you in such a dangerous situation."

"Don't worry 'bout it, Vi." He replied as he placed a hand on my shoulder. "If I didn't want you to, I'd have done everything I could to stop you. But, I wanted the dragon pups to be safe, too."

I turned slightly to look him in the eye and he broke out in a grin.

"Besides, you kept your promise, didn't ya?" He added. "Said you'd give it back to me."

"Now that everyone's been accounted for, I think it's time for some well-needed rest." Revelin suggested. "Lexie has several hotel rooms with our names on them."

It wasn't until he mentioned rest that I realized just how tired the two of them looked. "Are all of you alright?" I never took into account how much Vim must have been required for a move of that scale.

"Yes, we all feel a bit worn. But, we'll recover." Cyrus admitted. "I'm sorry, Vianis. I know that you're distressed. But, do you mind waiting a few days before we start figuring out how to get you back to normal?"

"N-no," I responded. "Not at all." As much as I wanted to know what happened to me, I didn't want my master to exhaust himself.

"I'll send over a change of clothes for the both of you with Verity and let her know to show you where your rooms are in the hotel." Cyrus concluded as he walked away with his partner. "Oh, and Vianis?"

I tilted my head slightly to the side as I regarded them both. The two of them shared a look and, to my surprise, it was Revelin that spoke.

"We're all really glad you're okay."

I waited until the two of them left before I allowed the tears to pool in my eyes. I was truly a pest, if I was honest with myself. I angered and annoyed everyone I had ever come across. Estranged from my family, I tried to become the power-hungry serpent that they wanted me to be. I thought that if I returned in such glory, they would have recognized me was one of their own and perhaps even grown to care for me.

I couldn't have been more wrong.

I was startled out of my reverie when I felt a thumb slide across my cheek. I scrunched my eyes and blinked away the remaining tears. As my vision cleared, I found myself gazing into caramel-hued eyes. Immediately, I sniffled and wiped at my face. "Tell no one of this, Darryl, or I swear I'll-"

And that was when Darryl made things far more complicated than they had any right to be. For the first time in my life, my mind was completely and utterly silent as my body tried to make sense of what was happening. The tongue that invaded my mouth met no resistance due to my vast shock.

When he pulled away, I gaped at him in incredulity.

And then, I took hold of the back of his head and kissed him right back.

Copyright © 2016 Thirdly; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..