Jump to content
    Timothy M.
  • Author
  • 1,318 Words
  • 2,312 Views
  • 22 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy’s Terrible Prompt Stories - 52. No Prompt: Third Date Part II

Italian ice cream can be a hot treat. A Nelson POV chapter.

By the time we finished our main course, and were ready for dessert, the restaurant had become filled. Our waiter was now Alfredo’s youngest son, who was about five years older than me. Victor was very handsome with his short black curly hair and I used to have a small crush on him. That was three years ago and before I met Eric. Now blue eyes and blond hair were my favorite look on a guy, and I only had eyes for my boyfriend.

Eric and I talked, laughed, shared food and even touched briefly, mostly hands and a few foot nudges. We had barely noticed our surroundings, but now I looked round hoping to catch Victor’s eye. Apart from families with kids we were the youngest people dining, although there were some couples in their early twenties. To me it felt safe rather than awkward; even if anyone didn’t approve of us being a couple, they would be unlikely to express their views in a loud or violent manner. My mom convinced me La Dolce Vita would be a good place for an official date, and so far she had been right.

“What do you recommend for dessert?” Eric asked.

Tiramisu is the classic sweet, but it contains coffee and alcohol, so I prefer gelato – Italian ice cream,” I replied. “They have twenty different flavors, all of them great.”

“Ice cream sounds good. What’s your favorite apart from vanilla?” We both chuckled at the reference to Rob and Jazz teasing us in the park. In hindsight, their jokes had been pretty funny.

Just then Victor caught up with us and began clearing the last plates. “Would you like to order dessert, signori?”

“Yes please. Two gelato with three scoops: Vanilla, pistacchio and stracciatella for me,” I told him, making an effort to pronounce the two latter the Italian way, which earned me a wink.

“And you, signor? We have different cioccolata flavors, mostly dark chocolate, four kinds of nuts, including chestnut, and of course sorbetto with various fruits.”

“Blueberries?” At Victor’s nod, Eric went on. “I’ll have that, please. Chestnut ice cream sounds great, and I’d like vanilla too.”

Frutti di bosco, castagna and vanilla. Va bene, and would you like coffee or perhaps cioccolata calda?”

“Hot chocolate sounds good, right?” I asked Eric who nodded enthusiastically.

Once Victor had returned with dessert, I decided to bring up the matter I had postponed earlier.

“I’m pleased you don’t have to go home tonight, but how did you persuade your parents?”

He shrugged. “My dad suggested it, but I have the feeling Rob may have talked them into it. However, I think the main reason is you’ve impressed them. And I had to promise not do anything I didn’t want to, or you didn’t approve of.”

I raised my eyebrows at him, and he blushed. “My Dad said he knew all about teen hormones and the futility of forbidding us to have some kind of…you know. But they would cut me a deal and accept sleepovers in return for a promise to be sensible and take things slowly. When I told him what you said about us having the rest of our lives, he added the bit about listening to you.”

Digging my spoon into the vanilla ice cream on my plate, I thought about the implications. Reminding Eric about his promise to Mr. Perry would be a rather unromantic way of keeping him from pushing me about sex. And to be honest, his eagerness was rather flattering, and the thought of us naked in bed tempting. On one hand, I didn’t want to misuse the trust our parents placed in us by allowing us to sleep together. On the other hand, I definitely wanted to suck my boyfriend’s cock, and maybe slowly didn’t mean no sex at all?

“Penny for your thoughts, Nel,” Eric said, and I looked up at him. To gain some time I slipped the lump of ice cream into my mouth. Mmmmm, delicious as always.

Eric mimicked my gesture and made appreciative noises when the blueberry sorbetto melted on his tongue. He scooped up some more and held the spoon out to me. “Wanna try? It tastes wonderful.”

I leaned forward and let him put the spoon between my lips. Our eyes locked, and for the next ten minutes we were silent while we fed each other samples in between tasting our own ice cream and drinking hot chocolate. By the time we were done, my hard-on was leaking in my briefs. Fuck, I wanted those lips on mine and that tongue exploring my body.

Glancing around to make sure no one was within earshot, I whispered, “I think it’s time to go home. Slow and sensible doesn’t mean denying ourselves completely, right?”

“I agree. And just so you know, I think spending the night together is about more than just....” Eric left the rest of the sentence unsaid, knowing we both understood his point.

“I’m glad we understand each other, and I’m sure we can work something out with the Prom too. But let’s not worry about that now.”

The satisfied look on Eric’s face told me he felt he had won both rounds. In his own quiet way he was as determined and stubborn as Rob, and they shared the same cute smirk when things went their way. I wondered if they inherited that from Mr. Perry together with the blue eyes and blond hair.

“It’s a good thing we’re walking back,” my boyfriend told me.

“Because of all the food we’ve eaten?”

“Partly, but also because I think we both need to cool down a bit. I never knew ice cream could be such a hot dessert.”

“Well, Alfredo did warn us.” We both chuckled over his ‘Italian food is perfect for amore.

I caught Victor’s eye as he walked past us with plates for the table behind me, and he nodded to show he knew we were ready to go. Suddenly, I realized with no bill I didn’t know how much to leave as a tip, but then I decided $30 would be appropriate.

Before Victor returned, I managed to place the tip under my plate, so he’d be able to see it sticking out. However, it was Alfredo who came to ask if we were satisfied with our meal. We both assured him we had enjoyed everything immensely, and Eric added he would tell his parents to visit. Alfredo beamed at us and escorted us to the exit where he wished us a ‘Buona serata!’ I saw Victor hovering in the background, smiling at us, before he hurried over to clear the table for the guests waiting at the bar.

“What does buona serata mean?” Eric asked as we walked along the wine shop next to the restaurant.

“Something like have a nice evening.”

“I don’t think we need to worry about that. It’s been wonderful so far. Thank you.”

“Thanks, babe. I’ve never really enjoyed going on a date before. I would always be unsure how to act and what to talk about, but with you everything is easy. Even not talking is OK, rather than awkward.”

As if to show he understood, Eric took my hand without saying anything, and we walked towards the park in companionable silence. There was a bit of chill in the air, even though the time was only around eight-thirty. We both zipped up our jackets after entering the park and walked along chatting, but without holding hands. It would probably have been OK, but my mom’s admonition about ‘Better safe than sorry’ lingered in the back of my mind. Even though I was perfectly capable of protecting my boyfriend, unless we encountered a whole bunch of bigots, it would destroy the wonderful mood.

There would be plenty of time for holding hands, kissing and other stuff later.

This one is for Drew and Victor. :hug: Somehow, I imagined you having a  Gelato moment. ;) 
Copyright © 2017 Timothy M.; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 22
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Sure, I spend the day reading a story elsewhere, and you sneak in a post.
The dessert tryst was wonderfully romantic, and the boys got to settle some things about just how far they would go. I love when the relationship builds to a crescendo rather than jumping straight into bed--yes, that happens all too often in real life and fiction--but where's the romance and caring in that sort of thing?
No prompt again? Do I need to come over there and check your temperature? Just kidding--I know it is a hard task to find just the right one; some are close, but the feel is wrong, or it just isn't posted yet. Some even hint at darker aspects of relationships, and that isn't the right direction most times.
Mehr bitte, mein Freund!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

A nice end to the dinner. You made it sound very romantic, and also showed how naturally they interact. Yes, it was sweet, like hot dessert... cheers... Gary...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 6/25/2016 at 2:42 PM, dughlas said:

Incredibly sweet ... these two are adorable together.

 

Thanks, dugh. I'm glad you approve of the sweet romance and think Nelson and Eric are adorable. :hug: 

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 06/25/2016 08:36 PM, Lyssa said:

Very lovely written. It is sweet to see them between desire, curiosity and rationality.

Thanks, Lyssa. I think you named the components of that triangle perfectly. They'll find a balance somhow.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 6/25/2016 at 8:57 PM, Headstall said:

A nice end to the dinner. You made it sound very romantic, and also showed how naturally they interact. Yes, it was sweet, like hot dessert... cheers... Gary...

 

Thanks, Gary. Very relieved that you think it was romantic and natural. :D This date stuff is really difficult for me, but I thought they deserved a sweet, drama-free night out after the slightly turbulent start on their relationship. Of course the really hot dessert is yet to come. :*) 

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 6/25/2016 at 8:45 AM, ColumbusGuy said:

Sure, I spend the day reading a story elsewhere, and you sneak in a post.

The dessert tryst was wonderfully romantic, and the boys got to settle some things about just how far they would go. I love when the relationship builds to a crescendo rather than jumping straight into bed--yes, that happens all too often in real life and fiction--but where's the romance and caring in that sort of thing?

No prompt again? Do I need to come over there and check your temperature? Just kidding--I know it is a hard task to find just the right one; some are close, but the feel is wrong, or it just isn't posted yet. Some even hint at darker aspects of relationships, and that isn't the right direction most times.

Mehr bitte, mein Freund!

 

Thanks, CG, nice to know I have some readers who're not mad at me for taking so many chapters to get there. :lol: 

Glad you liked the food romance, you're very good at that yourself, and also at describing the 'negotiations' of teens in love, so perhaps I've been inspired without realizing. Nelson and Eric do care a lot about each other.

LOL, if you look back you'll see I also did the start of their first date (ch. 20-21) without using a prompt. I'll get back in line, once I'm done with the final date chapter.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

They are very sensible, these boys. Very much keeping their hormones in check! Then again, I guess despite what some say even young guys can want to take it slow. It's a bit scary to take that step. A matter of trust.

 

Also, sad to read about them not daring to hold hands... A harsh reality... I wish it wasn't so.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 6/26/2016 at 10:12 PM, Puppilull said:

They are very sensible, these boys. Very much keeping their hormones in check! Then again, I guess despite what some say even young guys can want to take it slow. It's a bit scary to take that step. A matter of trust.

 

Also, sad to read about them not daring to hold hands... A harsh reality... I wish it wasn't so.

 

Thanks, Puppi, we appreciate sensible boys, don't we? ;) And we understand the need to be in control of yourself and the situation. :yes: But it's one thing to discuss this while fully clothed and in a public setting, and quite another to take it slow when you're in bed togther naked. ;) 

At least they did hold hands when walking down the street, but yeah they should be able to do it anywhere. :(

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

I think the parents are handling this relationship well. Having teenagers myself, I understand the desire to pretend your kids are virginal until they're married, but it's unrealistic. By giving the boys a little bit of trust, it encourages them to act more responsibly and to being open with communication... at least it will with Nelson and Eric.
Oh and I've never known that gelato could be so hot!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 6/27/2016 at 5:17 PM, LitLover said:

I think the parents are handling this relationship well. Having teenagers myself, I understand the desire to pretend your kids are virginal until they're married, but it's unrealistic. By giving the boys a little bit of trust, it encourages them to act more responsibly and to being open with communication... at least it will with Nelson and Eric.

Oh and I've never known that gelato could be so hot!

 

Thanks, LL, that's just what I wanted to hear. :D A parent of teens saying a little trust will go a long way when you have sensible kids. Of course, Mr. Perry does have the advantage of being a psychologist specializing in teens but often applying your professional knowledge to your own kids can be difficult. And he had to convince his wife too. ;)

I'm very fond of Italian Gelato, so I had a lot of fun looking up flavors and deciding what the boys would chose. :P 

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Slow and sensible. That should be their motto as a couple. :lol: It's really great to see how much Eric's parents trust him and Nel. I usually expect to see parents being protective and admonishing their children to not have sex, so it is so refreshing to see the Perry's having a different approach.
And I love the fact that Nel and Eric are taking things slowly in terms of intimacy. :) No couple should rush into sex. By taking things slowly, they can learn each other's rhythms, likes, and dislikes at their own pace. And, by the time they are ready to make love, they'll be comfortable and confident and make the experience as enjoyable as possible for each other. Actually, I can see them going through a similar process that Jacob and Russel took, as well as Patrick and Peter. :yes:

 

Tim, thank you so much for this amazing chapter :hug: and I'm flattered that you dedicated it to Victor and I. :*)

Edited by Drew Espinosa
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 6/28/2016 at 10:54 PM, Drew Espinosa said:

Slow and sensible. That should be their motto as a couple. :lol: It's really great to see how much Eric's parents trust him and Nel. I usually expect to see parents being protective and admonishing their children to not have sex, so it is so refreshing to see the Perry's having a different approach. 

And I love the fact that Nel and Eric are taking things slowly in terms of intimacy. :) No couple should rush into sex. By taking things slowly, they can learn each other's rhythms, likes, and dislikes at their own pace. And, by the time they are ready to make love, they'll be comfortable and confident and make the experience as enjoyable as possible for each other. Actually, I can see them going through a similar process that Jacob and Russel took, as well as Patrick and Peter. :yes:

 

Tim, thank you so much for this amazing chapter :hug: and I'm flattered that you dedicated it to Victor and I. :*) 

 

Thanks, Drew, I'm glad you liked 'your' chapter. I like your motto for them, it should work well, even with Rob giving them the occasional prod or push. :lol:

Eric's dad is clever enough to realize that forbidden fruit is even more tempting. Instead he tried to show Eric they trust him to approach intimacy slowly and sensibly. Of course this only works because Nelson can be trusted too.

They may eventually get to the point where my other main couples are, but a lot slower. Hopefully less than 100 chapters, though. ;) 

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

A luxurious dessert course to be sure – and the cioccolata calda just adds a note of decadence on top of everything else. I hope we see that vibrant note carry over once the boys are settled, and alone for the evening ;)

 

I like the subtle interaction of the waiter – the 'old' crush that Nelson had – serving his new love-match with such warmth.

 

A truly delicio chapter. Bravo!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Aww onkel Tim :hug: I loved the chapter :D I've had gelato only once, a pistacchio and chestnut ;) I loved it not only the taste but also because it was lower in fat :gikkle: I probably would have a gelato moment, that sounds very fun :blushing: Nel and Eric were adorable :heart: I still think that there needs to be a little drama in their relationship, it makes their bond stronger :yes: and also, is Victor based on me by any means? :lol: because he kinda reminded me of myself a little bit ;) th was a great chapter onkel Tim :heart::hug: I'll be waiting for the next chapter ;)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 6/30/2016 at 1:39 AM, AC Benus said:

A luxurious dessert course to be sure – and the cioccolata calda just adds a note of decadence on top of everything else. I hope we see that vibrant note carry over once the boys are settled, and alone for the evening ;) 

 

I like the subtle interaction of the waiter – the 'old' crush that Nelson had – serving his new love-match with such warmth.

 

A truly delicio chapter. Bravo!

 

Thank you my friend. I love how you always notice those subtle details, including Victor taking good care of the cute boys having dinner.

I shall do my best to rekindle the warmth in the concluding date chapter.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 8/16/2016 at 9:06 PM, Victor Gutte said:

Aww onkel Tim :hug: I loved the chapter :D I've had gelato only once, a pistacchio and chestnut ;) I loved it not only the taste but also because it was lower in fat :gikkle: I probably would have a gelato moment, that sounds very fun :blushing: Nel and Eric were adorable :heart: I still think that there needs to be a little drama in their relationship, it makes their bond stronger :yes: and also, is Victor based on me by any means? :lol: because he kinda reminded me of myself a little bit ;) th was a great chapter onkel Tim :heart::hug: I'll be waiting for the next chapter ;) 

 

You're welcome, Victor, I'm glad you finally found this chapter. It wasn't on purpose, but now you mention it, perhaps you were the reason I ended up with the name Victor for the cute waiter. I was trying to find an American version of Vittore.

You don't need to wait for the next chapter, only the one after that. And there's even a tiny bit of drama... ;) 

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Now I’m hungry for pasta and gelato! ;-)

 

I’ve already told the story (somewhere on GA) about having a gelato cone and my ex-boyfriend drooling over the (unintentional on my part) eroticism of me licking the gelato. It’s too bad the gelato shop on Castro Street closed, it was an enjoyable treat between movies at Frameline film festival! Oh the memories of all the now-closed business…

Link to comment
On 1/31/2017 at 7:58 AM, droughtquake said:

Now I’m hungry for pasta and gelato! ;-)

 

I’ve already told the story (somewhere on GA) about having a gelato cone and my ex-boyfriend drooling over the (unintentional on my part) eroticism of me licking the gelato. It’s too bad the gelato shop on Castro Street closed, it was an enjoyable treat between movies at Frameline film festival! Oh the memories of all the now-closed business…

 

Well, a good story can never be told too many times. And now you remind me I used the ice cream licking trick in CC too. :*) 

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

“Partly, but also because I think we both need to cool down a bit. I never knew ice cream could be such a hot dessert.”

 

- Ha ha ha!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 4/4/2017 at 8:58 PM, Thirdly said:

“Partly, but also because I think we both need to cool down a bit. I never knew ice cream could be such a hot dessert.”

 

- Ha ha ha!

 

There are so many suggestive ways of eating ice cream. :P 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..