Jump to content
    Timothy M.
  • Author
  • 1,614 Words
  • 2,582 Views
  • 24 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy’s Terrible Prompt Stories - 54. Prompt 543 I think it is time for you and I to have a little talk.

Sometimes a brotherly talk is necessary.

“I think it is time for you and I to have a little talk.”

Rob turned around to grin at his brother, who had walked into his room with a quick rap on the open door. Eric closed it behind him and strode over to perch on the bed next to the older teen.

“Of course, bro. Any time you want; but tell me first, did you have a good time last night?”

“None of your business,” Eric growled.

“That’s not what you told Mom.” Rob pretended to be puzzled, but when Eric punched his leg, he started laughing. “Ohhh,” Rob gushed in an all-too-accurate mimicry of Eric telling their parents about his date with Nelson. “We had this amazing Italian food, and on the way home we met some of Nelson’s friends. Later we watched a movie, and this morning we went to see Carolyn together with Jasper.”

“If you already know what happened, why ask?”

“Those are just the official parts of the date. I’m more interested in the important stuff.”

“I’m not telling you any intimate details,” Eric began and then blushed as Rob leered at him. Yup, he’d more or less admitted to having sex with Nelson.

“You don’t have to tell me where you put your mouth and your dick – well, not unless you wanna talk about it,” Rob said. Eric rolled his eyes and shook his head, and his older brother pouted in pretend disappointment. Before Eric could tell him to find a guy of his own if he wanted to know more, Rob put a hand on his shoulder and turned serious.

“All I want to know is that you’re happy. Did Nelson treat you right? Is he a great boyfriend like you deserve?” Rob sounded unusually sincere as he went on. “Can I trust him to take good care of you?”

For once Eric didn’t feel like strangling his over-protective brother. He understood Rob was genuinely concerned and perhaps he also needed reassuring, so he could go to California for college like he wanted.

“You don’t have to worry, Rob. He loves me and I love him. We’ll take good care of each other for the rest of our lives.” Before Rob could make any mushy faces or noises, Eric winked at him. “As for last night, both of the body parts you mentioned saw lots of use, and that’s all I’m gonna say.”

Rob grinned and held up his hand for a high-five, while Eric obliged him.

“OK, what did you want to talk about if you don’t wanna brag about your boyfriend’s size and abilities in bed?”

“Stop trying to distract me!” Another punch to Rob’s leg was answered by a shove which almost toppled Eric off the bed. Moments later the two blond teens were playfully wrestling each other. As always Rob ended up pinning his brother down.

“You should get Nelson to show you the moves to deal with a stronger opponent, bro. That way you may surprise me next time.”

Rob let him up, and Eric was, as always, grateful for the lack of gloating. He asked Rob once when they were younger, and his then-fifteen-year-old brother had casually explained how only a jerk would rub a loss in, particularly after an uneven match. “'People don’t care if you win, as long as you point out their strengths, or praise 'em for trying.” No wonder his jock brother was popular with his teammates.

Eric’s moment of gratitude and affection quickly ended when Rob smirked and said, “Nah, never mind, any wrestling you do with Nelson will probably only teach you things which would be very dirty tricks to practice on anyone but your sexy boyfriend.”

“Rob! Will you cut it out! Or I’ll tell Trevor I will only run for GSA president if he takes you to the Prom for real.”

“As if that would scare me,” Rob scoffed, but Eric knew he was bluffing.

“I think Trevor quite likes you,” he teased.

“All the more reason not to go on a real date with him. He’s a nice guy, and I don’t wanna break his heart.”

“Aren’t you being a little bit conceited here? One date and a blowjob isn’t gonna make him fall in love.”

Rob raised his eyebrows and there was a short, tense silence. The bottom dropped out of Eric’s stomach and he gulped recalling who Trevor’s last Prom date was. For once he’d been the one to put his foot in his mouth.

Rallying, he changed the subject. “Anyway, I wanted to ask you how you managed to get Mom and Dad to agree to sleepovers with Nelson?”

“Oh, that was easy. I asked them when you had ever done anything rash or stupid. And I told them Nelson was even more sensible and serious, which is why Jasper’s parents never let him do wild stuff unless his best friend agrees to go along. Jazz says it can be annoying, but on the other hand Nelson is usually game once he’s convinced it safe and fun and not too embarrassing.”

“I hope you didn’t tell Mom and Dad the last part.”

“Huh? Oh, right, I see what you mean – no, I kept it simple,” Rob said, and they both chuckled.

“But I bet they weren’t convinced just like that.”

“No, of course not. I had to do some more fast-talking, but my best argument was that it was better to let you stay the night right away, before your relationship got close enough for sex. Dad caught the point immediately and he convinced Mom.”

“Why would it be better? They would never have accepted that argument with you.”

“No, but that’s because I’m an imp-boy, and we all know girls have to be protected from straight horny guys.” Eric grinned at the term Rob had made into family legend when he was seven and had overheard their dad tell his parents their oldest grandson might be a stubborn, impetuous boy, but he meant no harm. Even when he had tied their meek border collie to an old sled because he wanted to yell ‘Mush!’ and pretend he was riding behind a team of dogs towards the North Pole.

Later, his father had explained the danger of trees, to which Rob had calmly said, “I know, Dad, that’s why I jumped out of the sled before it hit the trunk. But why does that make me imp…imp… an imp-boy?” The question, and subsequent puzzled conversation, had the adults laughing once they understood. Especially, because after having impetuous explained to him, Rob had rolled his eyes and told his dad there was nothing wrong with being fast, and sitting down to think was boring.

Eric couldn’t remember the incident, but the story had been retold countless times, and the term imp-boy stuck to Rob for years. Every time he pulled another silly stunt, whether he got away with it or not, their Dad would sigh and mutter ‘Imp-boy strikes again.’

“Are you saying you convinced them horny gay guys won’t do anything rash?”

“Are you admitting to being a horny gay guy?”

“I’m gay, I’m fifteen and I have a sexy boyfriend. Any more stupid questions?”

“Good point. Anyway, I told them you were less likely to rush into things when you had only just started dating. If they made you wait, you would probably go the full monty the moment they agreed, or else find another way to make it happen. You know, forbidden fruit and all that. Like Dad said: If sleepovers are regular and common-place, it won’t be such a big deal later.”

“I still can’t believe they bought it. But I have to admit, I’m awfully pleased they did.”

“Well, you better be able to honor my promise about staying a virgin till after the Prom.”

“What?!” Eric’s shout of outrage had Rob grinning like he was demented.

“Yeah, Mom tried to opt for Senior Prom, but I think she knows that’s crap.”

“Fucking Hell, Rob, how could you discuss this with them? It’s gonna be so awkward going to the Prom. You know Mom will insist on photos, and how can I stand there with Nelson knowing she knows what we’re planning.”

“Come on, bro, you know I’ve saved you a fucking uncomfortable conversation. All you have to do is pretend you know nothing about it. You know the rents will do the same, ‘cause they don’t wanna think about their precious baby having sex. Same as we ignore the fact parents do too.” They both did an Eewww face and Eric shuddered.

“Perish the thought. It’s bad enough knowing what you do.”

“Perish…only you would say something like that, bro.” Rob rolled his eyes. “All those books are making your brains addled.”

“Nelson doesn’t think so. He likes the fact I read a lot.”

“I see. Is this the way it’s gonna be from now on? The sun shines from your boyfriend’s ass and your brother’s opinion is worth shit?”

“Well, Nelson has a very nice ass. You said so yourself, remember?”

“Yeah, but you the one who are planning to put your dick where the sun doesn’t shine.”

The Perry brothers stared at each other, trying to be the last one to crack. When Rob’s mouth began to twitch, Eric knew he’d won. Moments later they were holding on to each other and howling with laughter.

Just before he let go, after they finally quieted down, Eric quietly told his brother, “I love you, Rob, and I’ll always respect your opinion.”

“I know, Eric, and I love you too. I’m proud to be your wingman, any time.”

/> Did you miss Rob? I’ll try to let him out more often from now on.
Copyright © 2017 Timothy M.; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 26
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Yay!!! :D :D :D

 

Imp-boy! :gikkle: I can just imagine a seven year old Rob just like that!

 

Anyways, Tim. One of your strengths in writing that I admire is your ability to show relationships; whether they are between lovers, best friends, or siblings. :yes:
I think Rob and Eric's talks are my favorite parts of this story. They can be funny, serious, and heartwarming. And it's always a delight to read them.

 

Thank you so much Tim! :hug:

  • Like 1
Link to comment

A hearty welcome back to the brothers!! That was a fun conversation... and great because of the brotherly love. There is a level of honesty between them that is special and rare, and you paint it well, buddy. The writing was excellent... cheers... Gary....

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Rob n' Eric time is usually funny and loving ... imp-boy ... now I have images of a mini Rob sitting on Eric's shoulder whispering "go for it ya know you want to" when the boy friends are alone on prom night.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Wow, this was a nice surprise to come back to after lunch! Team Rob must be having fits to see him again, and in such a fun/serious conversation with the non-impish Eric.
I was laughing already before getting to the line where Rob said he promised their parents Eric would still be a virgin before Prom night--I can just see him yanking Eric's chain with that one. It's so obvious that the two love each other, even without the words of affirmation at the end.
Keep 'em coming--the chapters I mean--unless that's coming up soon after the Prom?

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Well wasn't this a wonderful surprise! It was to catch up with the boys again. I love how protective, yet supportive Rob is. He'd kill Nelson if he hurt Eric, but at the same time pleads his brother's case with the parents. I can see how Eric can be equally exasperated and grateful lol. I also like how Rob is aware enough to realize that he doesn't want to string someone along, and potentially hurt them. He's a good man.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/14/2016 06:59 AM, Robert Rex said:

Great chapter...and definitely loving the interplay between brothers.

Fine writing here!

Thanks, Rex, I'm glad you liked the interplay, it was fun to write.

Link to comment
On 12/14/2016 07:13 AM, Drew Espinosa said:

Yay!!! :D :D :D

 

Imp-boy! :gikkle: I can just imagine a seven year old Rob just like that!

 

Anyways, Tim. One of your strengths in writing that I admire is your ability to show relationships; whether they are between lovers, best friends, or siblings. :yes:

I think Rob and Eric's talks are my favorite parts of this story. They can be funny, serious, and heartwarming. And it's always a delight to read them.

 

Thank you so much Tim! :hug:

Thanks, Drew :hug:

I thought you might like the imp-boy idea. ;)

What a compliment, that certainly made my day. :D I guess most stories are about relationships in one way or another, so it's nice to know I'm doing well. Rob and Eric interaction is one of the joys of this story, writing or reading.

Link to comment
On 12/14/2016 07:51 AM, Headstall said:

A hearty welcome back to the brothers!! That was a fun conversation... and great because of the brotherly love. There is a level of honesty between them that is special and rare, and you paint it well, buddy. The writing was excellent... cheers... Gary....

Thank you, Gary, it's a great treat to have you point out the portraying of special honesty and love, since that is your force too. I'm also glad everyone thinks the talk waas fun, then I succeded in my mission. :D

Link to comment
On 12/14/2016 08:10 AM, ColumbusGuy said:

Wow, this was a nice surprise to come back to after lunch! Team Rob must be having fits to see him again, and in such a fun/serious conversation with the non-impish Eric.

I was laughing already before getting to the line where Rob said he promised their parents Eric would still be a virgin before Prom night--I can just see him yanking Eric's chain with that one. It's so obvious that the two love each other, even without the words of affirmation at the end.

Keep 'em coming--the chapters I mean--unless that's coming up soon after the Prom?

Thanks, GC, your fast review was a nice surprise too, I hadn't even sent you a chapter alert. I can easily imagine you laughing and giving me a virtual high five for the entertainment value.

I almost didn't include the affirmation at the end, so it's interesting you find it superfluous. Makes me happy because that means I have shown how they feel already.

Yep, Rob will have fun yanking a number of chains from now on. :lol:

Link to comment
On 12/14/2016 07:57 AM, dughlas said:

Rob n' Eric time is usually funny and loving ... imp-boy ... now I have images of a mini Rob sitting on Eric's shoulder whispering "go for it ya know you want to" when the boy friends are alone on prom night.

Thanks, dugh, now I have the same image stuck in my head. :rofl: I may have to find a way to use that. ;yes: Although if and when we eventually arrive at Prom night I hope Nelson will keep Eric too busy to needed propmting or think of anything else. :P

Link to comment
On 12/16/2016 01:14 PM, LitLover said:

Well wasn't this a wonderful surprise! It was to catch up with the boys again. I love how protective, yet supportive Rob is. He'd kill Nelson if he hurt Eric, but at the same time pleads his brother's case with the parents. I can see how Eric can be equally exasperated and grateful lol. I also like how Rob is aware enough to realize that he doesn't want to string someone along, and potentially hurt them. He's a good man.

Thanks, LL, it was a nice suprise to mee too how I suddenly got inspited by a current prompt. :D

I love how well you understand Rob, maybe it's because he reminds you of Jenson in your own story Crave?

And 'equally exasperated and grateful' may be the best description of Eric's feelings so far. :lol:

Rob may fantasize about some no-strings-attached fun at the Prom, but he's clever enough to see the pitfall in this case. Even if Trevor is even more aware of the risk.

Link to comment
On 12/18/2016 07:20 AM, JohnAR said:

Rob's back! Wonder what he will be doing with his prom date ;-)

JAR

Thank JAR - yep, about time Rob showed up. Right now it looks like Rob won't be doing much... But we can always dream. :P

Link to comment

I like your continued development of the brothers. They've become much closer in the last two weeks, and maybe 'evil' Rob can pat himself on the back. If he hadn't forced Eric to come out publicly, they as brothers might still be distant and emotionally distrustful.

 

That doesn’t mean Eric can't be justifiably miffed at the blowhard now and then ;)

 

Great job.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/26/2016 03:47 AM, Puppilull said:

With such a supportive brother Eric can just enjoy his life as sweet as it is at the moment. Nice chapter!

Thanks, you may be right. Eric had better enjoy nice Rob while it lasts. :lol:

Link to comment
On 01/05/2017 01:33 PM, AC Benus said:

I like your continued development of the brothers. They've become much closer in the last two weeks, and maybe 'evil' Rob can pat himself on the back. If he hadn't forced Eric to come out publicly, they as brothers might still be distant and emotionally distrustful.

 

That doesn’t mean Eric can't be justifiably miffed at the blowhard now and then ;)

 

Great job.

Thanks, AC, including your help in developing the Perry brothers. Yeah, Rob's 'evil' act back in chapter 1 has paid off nicely. I think he's happy to gain a closer relationship with Eric before he's off for college in California.

And you're absolutely right about Eric getting miffed occasionally. ;)

Link to comment

If Rob is ImpBoy, who is Angie, Jazz? ;-)

 

Since chapter 55 doesn’t appear to be the Prom chapter, I’m guessing you’ll be getting around to writing about Prom sometime in 2019 or so… ;-)

 

And the After-Prom Hotel room will arrive in 2020 – just barely! In Hawaii! ;-)

Link to comment
On 01/31/2017 07:22 PM, droughtquake said:

If Rob is ImpBoy, who is Angie, Jazz? ;-)

 

Since chapter 55 doesn’t appear to be the Prom chapter, I’m guessing you’ll be getting around to writing about Prom sometime in 2019 or so… ;-)

 

And the After-Prom Hotel room will arrive in 2020 – just barely! In Hawaii! ;-)

LOL, there's no Angel to Rob's Imp in this story, Jasper is too full of mischief to qualify.

Maybe I shall aim for chapter 100 to be the After-Prom fun?

Link to comment

Whew...ok, I had to go through several chaps to figure out where I left off at. Chap 54! I'm nearly caught up! The thought makes me a little sad, but I think I still have some other stories of yours I have to read so...maybe not TOO sad.

“Can I trust him to take good care of you?”- Such a good big brother. Rob's the best~
:::

“Well, you better be able to honor my promise about staying a virgin till after the Prom.”

“What?!” Eric’s shout of outrage had Rob grinning like he was demented.

“Yeah, Mom tried to opt for Senior Prom, but I think she knows that’s crap.”

- Dying of laughter! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 7/5/2017 at 5:40 PM, Thirdly said:

Whew...ok, I had to go through several chaps to figure out where I left off at. Chap 54! I'm nearly caught up! The thought makes me a little sad, but I think I still have some other stories of yours I have to read so...maybe not TOO sad.

”- Such a good big brother. Rob's the best~

 

- Dying of laughter! 

 

Leaving likes or comments can be a good way of keeping track, but I guess you still have to find the last chapter you read. Less than 10 chapters to go after this one, even though I just added another prompt. Going through the story to find unanswered reviews is a good way to get in the mood for writing more. :yes: 

I'm delighted you approve of Rob in his role as brother, please proceed to the story topic to collect the Team Rob T-shirt. :lol: 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 2/19/2017 at 0:56 AM, Timothy M. said:

LOL, there's no Angel to Rob's Imp in this story, Jasper is too full of mischief to qualify.

Maybe I shall aim for chapter 100 to be the After-Prom fun?

I don’t think you should even suggest targets like that! We already know how well your hints of more timely updates work out! Why set yourself up for trouble?  ;-)

Link to comment
On 7/10/2017 at 6:03 PM, Timothy M. said:

 

Leaving likes or comments can be a good way of keeping track, but I guess you still have to find the last chapter you read. Less than 10 chapters to go after this one, even though I just added another prompt. Going through the story to find unanswered reviews is a good way to get in the mood for writing more. :yes: 

I'm delighted you approve of Rob in his role as brother, please proceed to the story topic to collect the Team Rob T-shirt. :lol: 

 

Comments are the easiest way! I just ctrl + f (search) for my screen name and, if I find it, it's the last chap I read, ha ha.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..