Jump to content
    WolfM
  • Author
  • 6,456 Words
  • 14,725 Views
  • 20 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Running with the Pack - 27. Chapter 27

It had been an exhausting night for Ethan. The first shift for any born lycan will zap their energy, and he had to contend with not only his transforming into what turned out to be a beautiful white wolf, but doing a double shift by first going into an alpha hybrid. Home in his mate’s arms, he drifted off to sleep, dreaming of their time running side by side. His hands and feet occasionally moved as if still running. The wolf in his mind was awake and reliving every thought, smell, and experience in perfect detail, especially the first time he and the black wolf nuzzled.

After a few hours sleep, the wolf nudged Ethan’s resting mind. Raising his head from the crook of his mate’s arm, he made sure he did not disturb the slumbering body beside him. In the haze between sleep and waking, the primal beast that now shared his consciousness guided him under the covers, wanting a taste of what was theirs. Instinct and desire from both wanted to see how far they could go before their mate reacted.

Aiden was roused by a most pleasurable sensation, and found his pup going down on him. Not unusual first thing in the morning. Like always, he tried his best to pretend he was still asleep, while his pup played. Finally, he could no longer stifle the moans as the warm mouth slid up and down his shaft. “Mmmm… This is definitely the best way to wake up, even if we should both still be sleeping. I guess someone’s feeling frisky.” Fully conscious, he placed his hands on the back of the blond’s head to push deeper as he reached his peak. It took Aiden a few minutes to come down from the climax, all the while the busy mouth kept nursing the tip to ensure nothing was missed. “Figured you’d be completely exhausted from your first shift.”

Crawling up onto his larger mate while licking his lips clean, Ethan grinned. “My wolf woke me, and I was hungry for a snack.”

“Well, I think you got your snack. Now it’s my turn.” Aiden cupped a hand under each of Ethan’s butt cheeks as he pulled his pup a little higher. When he had Ethan where he wanted him, he wrapped his lips around his mate’s very firm shaft, nibbling at the foreskin. Swiping his tongue over the end elicited a moan from the smaller teen; he sucked him deeper, taking him right into his throat. A few moments later, he pulled the spit-slick dick out of his mouth. “Pup, I need you in me.”

It turned him on having his strong, big bad say things like that. Moving down the bed, Ethan pushed his mate’s legs up so they were pressed against the furry chest. He slowly worked his tongue over the tight opening, getting it ready. Within minutes, Aiden begged his pup to take him; the need to be filled, and to physically connect in the most intimate way was strong.

Reaching for the lube on the nightstand, Aiden grabbed his pup’s hand to stop him. “Just use your spit. I don’t want anything other than you touching me right now, just please fill me up now.”

Ethan flushed at the request, and was happy to comply. He worked his tongue over the opening one last time, getting as much spit in and on it as he could. Pulling back, he lubed his shaft the same way, and eased his hardness into the muscular man. Though they had done this many times, this instance felt extra special. His entry was slow, giving Aiden time to adjust. Ethan occasionally pulled back slightly, and allowed more spit to drop onto the shaft before pushing in again. When he was buried as deep as possible, he rested the thick, furry legs on his shoulders, and leaned down to meet in the middle for a passionate kiss.

Aiden encouraged his pup with moans to drive long, slow, and deep as they made love. His eyes locked on those above him. It looked as though he was seeing two perfect sapphires lit by the sun, sparkling and showing the now familiar glow that still amazed and captivated him. Every time one of them got close, they would slow down. Each fighting their teenage horniness not to end this too soon. Ethan was at just the right angle to hit Aiden’s prostate, keeping him continually on edge, and begging for more.

Well into their love making, Aiden instinctually broke their kiss, and turned his head, baring his neck to Ethan; the only person on Earth he would ever fully submit to. Seeing this act from the man he loved, the glow in Ethan’s eyes increased in intensity as the wolf inside told him it was time to claim what was theirs. His face and body took on a more wolf like appearance as his soft white fur and the silver tattoo-like markings spread across his skin. His body increased in size as teeth extended until his canine fangs were visible. The pointed ears on the top of his head panned forward in excitement. Aiden watched the change, and could feel the increase in size within him that almost pushed him over the edge. Leaning in, Ethan sniffed the base of his mate’s neck, running his rough tongue over it.

Aiden grabbed the back of the white wolf’s head, pulling the maw in close. Ethan’s wolf told him what he should do, but human uncertainty lingered from the newness of the animal within.

“Bite me, Pup. Do it so I bear your mark like you bear mine.”

The wolf told Ethan to listen to their mate as Aiden’s hand held him close to the spot to mark. He ran his tongue over the skin, tasting it like never before. His teeth sank into the offered flesh at the base of the strong neck. As his mate had done a month before, he drank in the blood that flowed, while his saliva mixed with the wound. At the very moment he bit, they both climaxed. Aiden felt the warmth of his pup’s offering spread through him while his flowed between their bodies. When the wolf told him they had taken enough blood from their mate, Ethan withdrew his fangs from the skin. Running his tongue over the bite mark, he cleaned the wound causing it to heal far quicker than would have been expectedeven with Aiden’s natural recovery ability. Only the imprint of the mating bite remained after a few moments.

The fur receded, as his face and body returned to their human look and size. He moved to kiss Aiden deeply, a few traces of blood still on his chin. Both their eyes continued glowing steady and bright, Ethan’s sapphire blue and Aiden’s brilliant amber, filled with nothing but love for the other.

Exhausted, and with Ethan’s wolf finally satisfied, the two dozed off again

******

The night was a busy one for the Hunter Corps. From the time the full moon rose until nearly dawn, nine ferals entered the territory. None of them set off alerts from the network monitoring the mysterious GPS devices. Five were lupus with three males and two females. The other four were lunis, two from each gender. One of the neighboring packs sent a message during the night that a feral had passed through its territory headed in the direction of Parker Valley, but their hunters were unable to keep up with it. The Parker Valley teams reported all nine had stopped, laid down, and gone fully passive as soon as they picked up the scent of their fellow lycan. It was as though they knew help was nearby. The men encountering the lunis were a little apprehensive as they had never seen one in its full lunar form, which made their already large size truly enormous. One of the few females in the Corps teased them mercilessly when one standing nearly eight feet tall surrendered before she could unshoulder her rifle. His massive paw twitched as she rubbed his belly while waiting for him to be taken in. A few ferals had difficulty understanding the commands they received, but were non-the-less compliant. Each willingly got into the transport to be taken to the clinic for evaluation, and wait for Ethan to be available to help them if possible.

******

By the time the pair finally got up, Aiden had a text from the alpha letting them know about the overnight arrivals. There was a follow up message telling them not to worry about it, and that it would be discussed at the pack meeting. Ethan was still exhausted from the previous night’s activities, as well as the early morning’s play time and extra shift. He figured he had enough strength to help the one or two wolves he expected had been captured. He was thankful they had the meeting first; it would allow him additional time to recover. They settled on a late breakfast before trying to do anything else. Neither one in the mood to cook, they headed to the café for much needed coffee and food. Two hours later, they walked into the pack hall with Casey and Trevor flanking them.

Entering the room, the small group walked over to greet the alpha. Doctor MacRae soon joined them. Glancing at Aiden, John leaned in and smiled. “I see someone didn’t waste any time in getting his mark on you.”

Both young men blushed, and Aiden spread his shirt collar to ensure the bite mark was visible to everyone. He was proud of it.

“If I had to guess, I’d say you shifting and the display of your gifts with the moonrise was like a lighthouse turned on in a storm. We’ve never had this many ferals in a month, rarely in a year, let alone a single night.” The alpha joked.

Ethan appeared puzzled while Aiden cocked his head in curiosity. “How many, Alpha?”

“Nine. Five lupus and four lunis. All surrendered as soon as they encountered a hunter.”

“Nine?” Ethan was shocked by the number.

“Ethan, unless the doctor approves of you helping any of them today, we can try to make them as comfortable as possible until you recover from last night. I know a first shift can take a lot out of a born shifter. I can only imagine what that did to your system, especially with your surprise extra shift.” Concern filled the alpha’s voice before a grin crossed his face. “And shifting again to bite your mate.”

“I know you probably want to rush over there after the meeting, and help as many as you can. But I’m not inclined to even let you try after what your body went through last night.” Doctor MacRae crossed his arms having made his decision.

Glancing to Aiden first, Ethan countered. “I know I’m still tired from last night, but how about if I start with one, and go from there depending on how I feel.”

“No, I’m sorry, but not until you’ve had at least a full day to rest up. They will have to wait until at least tomorrow or the day after.” Doctor MacRae was not going to budge on this.

“I’m deferring to the doctor on this, so you wait and rest today.”

“Yes, Alpha.”

“Okay, with that settled, I have a meeting to get underway. Go grab a seat and rest.” John walked off to talk with Rafe and Dan before starting.

For the next forty-five minutes, the alpha and the various council members went over the previous week’s operations, and discussed items brought up by members. When the regular business finished, the alpha began the special announcements. “Many of you know last night was Ethan Scott’s first full moon since Aiden turned him. Congratulations, Ethan on your first shift. I will say this about him, he makes a truly stunning wolf, and did the Blood Moon proud.” The alpha paused for a moment before focusing on the newest wolf. “Ethan Scott, step forward with your mate please.”

Aiden took his pup’s hand as they walked to the front of the hall, and stood before the alpha.

“Alpha, it should be Tucker, not Scott. The Tuckers are my family as well as the rest of the pack. The people who gave me the last name of Scott don’t deserve to be called family or parents.” He saw the joy on the face of the enforcer, and glanced over his shoulder at Mary and the rest of the family who all nodded.

“Rafe, Mary, would you and your family join us up here?” The alpha gave them a moment to stand by Ethan. “Rafe and Mary Tucker, under pack and lycan tradition, by Ethan taking your family name, do you officially claim this former stray into your family, to accept him before all gathered here today?”

Rafe placed his big paw on the shoulder of his newest son. “Yes, Alpha, we do. It may not be by birth, but we are proud to choose and adopt him into our clan and call him our son. Though he would have never been alone because of his mate, he is now and always will be son to Mary and me, and brother to our other sons.”

“The pack formally recognizes this young man as a member of the Tucker clan. Ethan Tucker, when you first joined us several months ago, you expressed an interest in eventually joining our pack. You’ve had time to learn some of our ways, and survived your first shift to become a lycan. Is it still your intention to join?”

Raising his eyes to Aiden’s before they scanned over the smiling Tucker family, he faced the alpha again. His shoulders straightened as his voice resonated with strength and pride. “Yes, Alpha. I wish to formally become a member of the Parker Valley Wolf Pack, like my mate and family.”

“Do you as his mate and family support this decision to join the pack?”

“Yes, Alpha, we do,” they stated together.

“Ethan, do you pledge to follow the rules and laws of this pack, to protect and defend it and all your pack mates to the best of your ability?”

“Yes, Alpha.”

“Members of Parker Valley Wolf Pack, do you accept Ethan’s pledge, and in turn offer your pledge to accept him as your brother, to teach and guide him, to protect and defend him as you would all your brothers and sisters?”

The voices of the nearly six hundred pack members present filled the hall. “Yes, Alpha, we do.”

“Aiden, his right wrist if you please?”

Aiden nodded and held his mates wrist out. Ethan noticed the alpha extend a clawed finger as he reached for his wrist. A moment later, the pack’s leader scratched the skin, causing a few small drops of blood to emerge. John leaned in, and sniffing the small wound he created, breathed in the scent of Ethan’s blood. Almost as quickly as it started the alpha stepped back.

“Ethan Tucker, from this day forward you are no longer a guest of this pack, but a full member. You were alone in the world when found by us. Never again will you be on your own. Your pledge to the pack is accepted. Congratulations.”

Cheers and clapping erupted from all around the hall. The alpha let it go on for several minutes before he moved on to the next order of business. “Last item for the day, during the Blood Moon we had nine ferals enter our territory. All peacefully surrendered to hunters with at most a minimal chase, and will soon undergo treatment to help with their recovery.”

One of the council members, Charles Reese, who was upset they had not been briefed on how the ferals were being cured spoke up. “Alpha, it seems we’ve been having a dramatic increase in the number of ferals entering the territory which could be viewed as a border security issue. The number of hunters has been increased at great expense to the pack, but the number of ferals getting close to towns and population has also increased. This potentially affects both the wolf and human population. Especially with the number of lunis we’ve seen. At least the lupus can pass for the non-lycan variety. I admit your capture program is novel and appears to be working, but there are a lot of ferals putting people at risk.” The man paused to let his words sink in with the pack. “There are also a lot of rumors going around about the nature of this cure, just as there are rumors about certain events which took place last night. Many of these rumors surround that young man you just welcomed as our brother. Try as you might, you can’t keep secrets like this from the council forever.”

The alpha turned towards the council, and focused on the owner of the sole voice raised. His eye’s flashed, and his growl was low and threatening. If looks alone could have killed, the council member would have been dead for bringing this up in an open meeting. John knew this was not something he could keep secret forever, but the longer it was not talked about, the better. The hall became deathly silent as everyone looked on in shock at what could be considered a challenge by one of the council members.

John took a deep breath to try and calm himself. He was unsuccessful. “This pack was founded on the principle of a more inclusive structure. All the members have a say here, and we maintain a council to serve as advisors to me when needed. And to work with the people and make sure all aspects of our lives run smoothly and in harmony between the lycan and the human world. At the top of this, just like any strong government is the leader that ultimately has the final say.” He raked his fingers through his hair. “I could easily have been the type of alpha who rules through sheer strength, fear, and intimidation as you will find in some other packs, but I’ve believed in the ideals my predecessors placed into our laws. When a subject is discussed in a closed council meeting, that is where it is to stay unless I say otherwise. As alpha, if I decide some information should be kept from the general pack, there tends to be a reason. If I don’t fill in specific council members because of their relationship with members of the Lycan Council, again that is my decision.”

The alpha paced before the pack, trying to keep his anger in check. He felt his right hand shifting into a paw, and the claws extending as he continued. “Rumors be damned, all that should matter is no lives have been lost, nor has there been a single injury to a hunter, human, or pack member since this shift in policy took place. We track every feral from the moment it enters the territory, and try to lead it to an area we can safely perform the capture. Ferals are being cured and becoming valued members of our community. Others are able to return to their former packs if they wish, and reunite with families who probably never expected to see their loved ones again.”

He focused his glare once again on the lone council member who had spoken up. “This subject was discussed in closed session, and all council members were informed they would be told the details when I felt it was needed. For now, due to security concerns, only a select few need to know everything. You might think about the ramifications of speaking out and violating pack security like you’ve done, or your associates on the council or pack members might see fit to remove you from your position. You might also find your alpha has become pissed off, and views your actions as a challenge. I know a sniveling little dog like yourself would not fare well in that endeavor as your lifeless body would be carried from the ring.

“You have been a good and trusted advisor, but don’t press your luck on my generosity over this matter. There will however be repercussions for your actions regardless of your time serving me and the council.” Scanning the room, he again tried to calm his anger. “Is there anyone else who wishes to discuss the issue of any rumors at this time? You are all free to speak your mind on this right now, and it will not be viewed as the disrespect that was shown by Council Member Reese.”

Off in the corner of the hall, one member stood to speak. “Alpha, many of us are understandably curious about how for the first time in our memory a feral can be cured. There are interesting rumors going around, but your comment on pack security is well taken. We don’t know all the details needed for running a pack, let alone one our size, and rely on our alpha to protect and guide us. Everyone here should know some things need to be kept secret at times for the protection of individuals as well as the pack. Ultimately, and this is my own opinion, all that matters is these wolves, our brother and sister lycan who were thought to be lost forever and needed to be exterminated are rejoining us and becoming our friends. If it is the actions of one as some of the rumors suggest, we should be thankful this gift has been found, and is being shared with those in need.”

When the speaker finished, one person could be heard clapping, followed by another and spreading through everyone in the hall.

As the applause died down, someone called out. “With the permission of the alpha and council, I nominate Derek Addams to replace Council Member Reese.”

Helen stood from her seat at the council table. “While this isn’t the normal procedure for removing and replacing a member of the council, we do however have a motion placed before the pack and I second it. If we have a third as well as the approval of the alpha, I submit that we vote on this nomination or open the floor for additional nominations.”

“If there is a third, a vote will take place, provided Derek Addams accepts the nomination. I will also allow for the nomination of anyone else wishing to serve on the council in his place.” The alpha announced.

No additional nominations were made and an additional person offered a third confirmation of the council position challenge. Derek Addams spoke up. “While I wasn’t seeking to be placed on the council and had never even considered it, if I’m so called upon to serve the pack in this way, I humbly accept the nomination.”

“All in favor to replace Council Member Reese with Derek Addams, please raise your hand.” Helen waited as a count was taken. “All those opposed?”

The alpha turned towards the remaining council members who gave him a nod. “Motion carried, welcome to the council Derek Addams. Charles, thank you for your service to the council. I would strongly advise you to refrain from actions like you took today, or we will meet in the challenge circle with only one of us leaving it alive. Unfortunately, your actions require a response from me as you did show disrespect to your alpha. You are hereby sentenced to seven days in jail and will receive twenty lashes at the next meeting. Rafe, take Mister Reese into custody. We are adjourned. Have a good run or hunt.” The alpha walked over to have a private word with the council’s newest member.

******

After the meeting, Aiden and his crew piled into Casey’s truck and headed to the lake. The following morning, Trevor would return to school, and at best would be home on some weekends. Ethan had been around Trevor the least since coming to Parker Valley, but he was a good friend. He felt Aiden’s loyal beta was one of the reasons he had the life he now did.

Getting up from the log he was leaning against with Aiden, Ethan walked the short distance to the tall college student. Kneeling down, he wrapped his arms around his larger friend, and hugged him tight. “I miss you each time you head back. I wish your school was closer.”

Returning the hug and ruffling Ethan’s hair, Trevor smiled at Aiden. “It’s not like I’m going away forever. It may not be every weekend, but I’ll be home and still get to see you guys. Besides, I have to come home to see what new miracles you manage to perform.”

Casey laughed. “Doing cool stuff with water wasn’t good enough for you, was it little dude? No, you have to go and fill a meadow with flowers, kick up a breeze, and make fire dance around for your entertainment.”

“I wouldn’t say it was for my entertainment. I was in a little too much pain to even know it was happening.”

Aiden was more serious. “The alpha always wondered if you’d develop skills with other elements. I guess all four are now at your command.”

“Well, Casey’s been trying to control wind as long as we’ve known him. Always breaking wind at least.” Trevor teased.

“Guys, since Trevor’s heading out tomorrow, could we maybe go for a run together? I’m still tired from last night, but my wolf’s wanting out. He wants to run with our pack.”

“Sounds good to me. Besides, it’ll be cool to see your wolf in the light. Your markings looked really cool in just the moonlight.” Trevor pulled off his shirt and kicked off his shoes.

Aiden and Casey nodded as the group stripped. Ethan shifted first, it was painful, but the hurt was manageable this time.

Trevor approached the white wolf, followed by the other two. Looking to Aiden for permission, Trevor reached out and ran his hand along Ethan’s head. “You are one good looking wolf, little dude. I still can’t believe these markings you have. Incredible just doesn’t cut it.”

“I’ve got the most beautiful and most beautifully marked wolf for a mate. I’ve also got two of the best friends I could hope to have.”

Casey grabbed his phone to take pictures of his brother. After several shots, he rested it on a rock. “Everyone get into your wolf, and I’ll set the timer to get a group picture.”

The three moved together as Casey did his thing. Shifting, he ran over, and the four stood in their usual positions. Casey shifted to human to put his phone away before going back to his wolf, and waited for Aiden’s command.

Aiden happily woofed out. “Let’s run, guys.”

For a few hours, the group ran, played, and just had fun.

******

Two days after the full moon, using an identity stolen from a human the gang had murdered, the solaris was ready to be deployed. Now known as Paul Mitchell, the lion had become a thirty-five year old mill worker from upstate New York looking for employment, and a place to live after being laid off. The original Paul Mitchell had in fact been let go from his mill job. Having never been in trouble a day in his life, he unwittingly fell for a scam run by the rogue pack; he took out a loan to survive while waiting for unemployment. After failing to repay the loan and the massive interest, he was given the job of carrying a shipment across the border. In a panic when he encountered Royal Canadian Mounted Police, he abandoned the drug shipment. A matter of days later, the real Paul Mitchell was dead, but the pack kept his identity alive for future use, and to collect his unemployment benefits.

The handler for the new Paul reviewed the man’s new identity with him until satisfied there would be no slip-ups. Identification and passport cards were created with pictures and details matching the new owner. Paul was issued an encrypted laptop and cell phone, as well as one of the GPS trackers. Picking up an old car and clothes that had never been around another shifter, he set out with his goal being to get hired at one of Alpha Stockdale’s mills.

The impostor arrived early for his interview, much to the pleasure of HR personnel. Meeting with the supervisor, he made it through that portion of the process. Management satisfied, he was sent for testing, while HR staff began background checks. If all went well with the fake identity, his background would reveal nothing amiss. He finally left after completing all the procedures and paperwork, and being told they would notify him with a decision in a few days. The waiting to find out if his new identity passed was the most annoying part of the process.

He began his surveillance of the pack his first night in its territory. Leaving the motel after dark, he used all the techniques he knew for masking any scent trail, and went out exploring. Even though he was strongest during daylight, he put all his skills to the test, and eventually made it back to his room without being seen or tracked. He called his handler with a status report.

******

Aiden went to work early to meet with his training officer before their shift briefing. The two got along well, and he was learning a lot as he settled into his job. Crime was not a big issue with the area, more often involving a problem between humans. There was a traffic accident here and there, or the occasional cow or horse that got out of a farmer’s field. Some days could be boring, but there was enough to keep the sheriff deputies busy with their patrols. In law enforcement, boring was good.

Ethan loved seeing Aiden dressed in his form fitting uniform. Since the first day Aiden wore his uniform, Ethan did not let him unbutton the shirt or unzip the pants, he always did it for him with a smile. Putting the uniform on was not nearly as much fun, but if it happened before Ethan went to work, he always laid on the bed watching, letting his eyes wander over his mate.

Casey knocked on the back door, and walked in to find Ethan cleaning breakfast dishes. When his brother was ready, he drove to their current construction site. It was the new housing started after the first ferals’ arrival. The plan was to convert the existing two-story, industrial building into loft type apartments, but it was quickly evident it would end up filling too fast.

Plans for two additional wings were drawn up, while the first building was renovated. They wanted to make room for additional housing with amenities like a lounge and group dining hall similar to the original pack apartments. A number of the former ferals assisted on the construction in any way they could. The large open space currently used as a dorm for the building’s residents, former feral and pack members alike, would be the last area converted.

The lofts on the second floor began to take shape, keeping the industrial look while adding the niceties of a home. A mix of studio and one-bedroom units were planned. Rafe decided since this was no longer a short-term housing fix, it was going to be done right. The apartments nearing completion were on a level that would fit any high-end development in a major city.

A few times when Ethan needed to nail something near the high ceiling, if a lunis was nearby, instead of getting a ladder they would lift him up on their shoulders and hold him steady. At first, neither Casey nor Ethan were sure they liked it, but it worked out; it was a way of saying thank you to their young friend for what he had done.

******

After a long day for the couple, they got home within twenty minutes of each other. Casey told his brother he was going to grab a shower before they headed over to the clinic. Ethan having done the same, was in just a towel when Aiden walked in the door and came upstairs. Standing in the bedroom door, he watched his mate finish drying off as he removed his gun belt. Taking his eyes off Ethan only long enough to secure his firearm in the safe in the closet, he turned back to find his mate in front of him. He lifted his pup into his arms who began seductively undoing each button of the uniform shirt. Aiden kept his hands planted under Ethan’s butt cheeks, holding him in place. When every button was undone and the shirt pulled from his waist, Ethan pushed it off Aiden’s shoulders, allowing it to fall to the floor. He leaned in to kiss his much larger mate before nodding to the bed.

Aiden sat, still holding his pup on his lap. Getting one more kiss, Ethan pushed Aiden back, so he was lying down. Placing his smaller hands on the muscular biceps of Aiden’s arms, he pushed up before leaning down and sniffing under each arm, nuzzling his nose in the soft hair. Giving a satisfied moan, he lowered himself to the floor, and unzipped the sides of each boot. With the love and care he had taken on the shirt, he removed the boots, nuzzling each foot, and breathed in his mate’s scents. Once this task was complete, he teasingly moved back up the prone body, crawling like an animal after its prey. Aiden’s groin strained under the pressure of the tight uniform pants and his engorged erection. The small hands unfastened the belt, the clasp at top, and lowered the zipper. Aiden lifted up as his pup pulled both underwear and pants off. With his mate now naked, Ethan picked up the just removed underwear, lifted it to his nose, and inhaled deeply. Moving himself further up the larger man, he straddled it.

Aiden flipped them over, and pressed his pup to the bed. He ravished the blond’s neck and lips while leaving stubble burn on the tender flesh. “You better be dressed when I get home tomorrow so I can undress you.” With their lips sealed together and tongues dueling, Aiden carried Ethan back into the shower, pinned the smaller body against the wall, and made sure he was thoroughly scrubbed inside and out.

Showered and dressed, the pair walked out back to find Casey sitting in chair, texting with someone, while he waited to escort them to the clinic.

******

Doctor MacRae met the three as they came into the reception, showing them to the first of the secured rooms.

Standing outside, a hunter who had been present in the clinic for many of Ethan’s visits stopped them for a moment. “I know I shouldn’t ask this, but would you mind if I watch? I know rumors have been getting out about you, and with the number of captures it was bound to happen, but I haven’t and won’t say anything. I think whatever you do to heal them is great.”

A frown crossed the doctor’s face as he was about to say no. Ethan beat him to the punch. “If you betray your word to me, dealing with the alpha will be the least of your worries, you’ll have me to deal with.” At that, Ethan’s eyes glowed their brilliant blue for a moment as he reached over and touched the hunter’s water bottle, before his eyes returned to normal. Tapping the bottle with his finger, it shattered like it had been dropped in liquid nitrogen.

Fear briefly crossed the guard’s face as he nodded his understanding. Much like when he first encountered Jonas and Anthony, the feral knelt with head bowed and arms behind its back when he saw and scented Ethan. The kneeling lunis still towered over the young lycan. Ethan had to get extremely close to made contact. He reached up and ran his hands through the fur on its head. It looked more like an awkward hug. The light in his eyes built in intensity as the minutes ticked by. Just past ten minutes, Ethan broke the connection, and the fur began to recede as the lunis returned to his human form.

The hunter stood in awe at what he’d witnessed. “Thank you for allowing me to watch. You’re a true gift to our pack. I’ll try to find out who’s leaking information, though I don’t know how much longer we can keep this contained. I’ll discuss it with the alpha though.”

Ethan nodded as the doctor checked both him and the newly human lunis before allowing the healer to proceed to the next room. When he left the clinic a few hours later, all nine former ferals were resting comfortably in their human form.

******

Anthony and Jonas were escorted into John’s office by his personal assistant. “You sent for us, Alpha?”

“Yes. I know you’ve been sitting and talking with our Jack Doe wolf at times, and the psychiatrist feels it’s helping him. With the large number that came in during the full moon, I’d like to ask you both to work with them if you would. You’ve been in the position they are now, and might be able to provide support and an understanding shoulder in a way we can’t. If any of the others would like to assist, that would be great. We’ll get you all the resources you need to help them integrate more easily with the pack.”

“Of course, Alpha, we’d be happy to help any way we can. All of us owe you and this pack a great debt for the generosity everyone has shown us,” Jonas replied.

“The only thing any of you owe us is living up to your own individual potential as a person and wolf.”

******

Back home from the clinic and feeling exhausted, the trio sat in the kitchen. Casey got back up and rummaged through the refrigerator and pantry looking for something to cook for dinner. Aiden rose as well to help his friend cook. Even though Ethan had just shifted into a wolf for the first time two nights before, it seemed like his life was remarkably normal now. He was working construction with his adopted family, living in the house he shared with his mate and soon to be husband, and spending time with their friends and his ever-protective brother.

Running with the Pack, WolfM, 2012-2016, All Rights Reserved
  • Like 97
  • Love 53
  • Fingers Crossed 1
  • Angry 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

An amazing chapter, Wolf! You really packed in a lot of detail and moved the story along beautifully. LOVED the mate marking bit :)

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 02/09/2016 12:02 PM, Zenith said:

An amazing chapter, Wolf! You really packed in a lot of detail and moved the story along beautifully. LOVED the mate marking bit :)

Thank you Zenith :)

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 02/09/2016 01:25 PM, centexhairysub said:

I wonder if Ethan's display of power at his first change is what caused that many feral wolves to feel the pull of the pack's land. Interesting that they all went compliant when they first encountered the hunter, it only took one hunter for each feral to stop. Glad to see that the Alpha ordered that Ethan rest up at least a day; but really shocked that with such a short time of rest that he was able to handle starting the cure on all nine of the new feral wolves. Sort of brave for the hunter to ask to watch what Ethan was doing to help the feral wolves after what happened at the meeting. Just who the hell was this Charles Reese and why would he be stupid enough to so publically challenge the Alpha on this matter?

 

Was really glad that Ethan, Aiden, Casey, and Trevor had a chance to spend some real quality time together before Trevor heads back to school. I think it is really important that they stay truly linked as much as possible. It says a lot about how much Aiden and Ethan trust Casey and Trevor that Aiden doesn't get worked up when Trevor and Casey show physical attention or affection toward Ethan.

 

I am guessing that the tracker that the new Solaris is carrying is not active or it would have been picked up when he crossed over into the pack territory. Is he going to be in for a surprise if he tries to activate it and the signal gets picked up that deep in the territory to start. Plus, the fact that there is at least two and maybe really as many as four pack members that will be able to sense him is going to cause an issue when he runs into one of them.

 

With Ethan's ability to sense the solaris; I am really starting to feel that he may be an Egyptian Magi. This would be very comparable to a Celtic Druid with only a few additional gifts. Great job with all of this and can't wait for the next chapter; maybe this should become a twice a week submission, LOL...

Thank you as always centex :)

I would have to say that with the tremendous amount of power that went into Ethan's shift and all four primary elements making an appearance, as the Alpha described, a lighthouse in a storm. All that power called to the ferals similar to how the Alpha thought the other ferals had been attracted to Ethan.

Ethan wouldn't have waited any longer to help those in need. It might be a drain on him and he might have still been tired from the weekend, but he was going to see to those that needed it, even if it was a quick and dirty start to the healing process. As for the hunter, he'd been just outside the door so many times already that he knew Ethan was the source of the cure, but not how it was done. It was brave to risk asking to watch and Ethan's little display would impress upon him to keep his word.

Charles Reese is one of the Alpha's advisers and holds a seat on the pack's council. Thinking he could do an end run around the Alpha to get some information he was denied, he found he's not as smart as he thought.

Aiden's knows that his two best friends are extra special to Ethan. They helped convince Ethan to return to the pack and they are a tight group that included Ethan from day one. Aiden also knows that his friends would lay down their lives for him or Ethan and as such, trusts them completely. Physical attention towards his mate and even the open joking around just makes the bond between the friends stronger.

The Solaris is traveling with his tracker off. I'm not sure what odd's Las Vegas bookies would place on the response if he turns it on.

I need to do some research on Egyptian Magi :)

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 02/11/2016 08:36 AM, ILike2ReaditReadit said:

I really love this story and all the characters in it. Your story is something that I look forward to each week and I hope that there will be many more chapters or volumes to come before your finished with this story ,I'm just that hooked. And before I go there are just a few things that I want to get off my mind about this story.

 

First of all I'm glad that Ethan is officially part of the Tucker family and he is finally in a happy place in his life. But I think that Ethan should have a run in with his father if only to have his new family and mate to take turns giving his father a few swift kicks in the ass. But mainly for him to have some closer to that part of his life and to be able to truly move forward with his new one.

 

Second I think it would be a nice lead in to Ethan having his own counciling office. Now hear me out, I think Ethan has been through a lot of hardship but it has only made him stronger that's why I think Ethan along with healing ferals would help make a good councilor for them after they've changed back to human. Because even though he can revert them back to their human state mentally some of them still suffer from their time spent as a feral.

 

I know you had Jonas and Anthony start to help the ferals but I think Ethan would be a great fit as head councilor for the ferals and even have his own office and facility for it or it can all be part of the new dorm they are adding for the increase of ferals almost like rehab for ferals to get them back on track and to be able to reenter the world. It would also be nice if their was a program set up with neighboring packs for the no kill policy for ferals and set up their own holding facility for the ferals till they can have the sent off to Ethan for curing and rehab.

 

Again these are just some thoughts I had and just wanted to put it out there and I hope you don't think I'm trying to take over your story or anything. I love what you've done so far and where ever you take it is your decision and I'm sure I'll love it all the more. Please keep up the good work! :D

Thank you ILike :) I appreciate all the great comments. For Ethan, accepting himself as part of the Tucker family is probably the best closure he could get over is former human family, though I like the way you think.

 

You never know what might happen with the future chapters. I tend to be rather vague on the subject so I don't give away any clues before someone reads, but I do like all those thoughts you had. :)

  • Like 4
Link to comment

That was a rather ... ummm ... exciting mating scene.  You do very well with the erotic descriptions.  🍆   I'm enjoying the continuing and increasing theme of inclusiveness and compassion, even in the face of internal resistance.  The complaints of the councilman sound so familiar.

Edited by Backwoods Boy
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 12/15/2018 at 7:01 PM, Backwoods Boy said:

That was a rather ... ummm ... exciting mating scene.  You do very well with the erotic descriptions.  🍆   I'm enjoying the continuing and increasing theme of inclusiveness and compassion, even in the face of internal resistance.  The complaints of the councilman sound so familiar.

Thank you @Backwoods Boy :hug:Those scenes are fun to write.  

  • Like 5
Link to comment

That the newest feral has the ability to turn on the tracker implies that he has the ability to turn it off also, plus the fact that he is attempting to integrate into John's pack as an employee bodes a lot of danger. He might be able to send a lot of information back to the rogue alpha before he is detected and Ethan gets to work on him.

That Aiden and Ethan are mutually marked as spouses certainly adds an exciting level of love to John's pack. I wonder if jealousy is going to raise its head with any other member of the pack?

Ethan's abilities are certainly on an upswing – beginning the curative process with nine ferals at the same time and not being totally exhausted thereby is certainly indicative of his strengthening process. It is much like lifting weights, the more you exercise, the stronger you get! And the addition of the remaining elemental attributes during the changing process – WOW! That should get everyone's attention. Having command of all four elements is approaching a god-like status.

You have created a wonderful story here Wolfie and by that I mean a story 'full of wonder'. Congratulations on you creativity, and I am very pleased with myself for being able to read successive chapters in rapid sequence – the benefits of patient waiting!

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Will Hawkins said:

That the newest feral has the ability to turn on the tracker implies that he has the ability to turn it off also, plus the fact that he is attempting to integrate into John's pack as an employee bodes a lot of danger. He might be able to send a lot of information back to the rogue alpha before he is detected and Ethan gets to work on him.

That Aiden and Ethan are mutually marked as spouses certainly adds an exciting level of love to John's pack. I wonder if jealousy is going to raise its head with any other member of the pack?

Ethan's abilities are certainly on an upswing – beginning the curative process with nine ferals at the same time and not being totally exhausted thereby is certainly indicative of his strengthening process. It is much like lifting weights, the more you exercise, the stronger you get! And the addition of the remaining elemental attributes during the changing process – WOW! That should get everyone's attention. Having command of all four elements is approaching a god-like status.

You have created a wonderful story here Wolfie and by that I mean a story 'full of wonder'. Congratulations on you creativity, and I am very pleased with myself for being able to read successive chapters in rapid sequence – the benefits of patient waiting!

The one turning the GPS on and off isn't a feral. He's a member of the rogue wolf pack. They have and use ferals, but "Paul" isn't a feral.

To the wolf community, and to the different species of shifters as well, a mating bite is the most intimate action one can take to show their love and devotion. It's an instinctual action, but one done out of love. The mark is also part of the bond that develops between true mates and imprinted mates. There might be some longing from women who had their eye on Aiden, but I doubt there would be jealousy since their nature as true mates is well known.

Slowly but surely, Ethan's instincts on how to use his gifts is building. Rather than dumping all his energy into his actions, he's learning to meter it. It still tires him, but with each use he gains a better understanding of what he's doing.

Thank you for your gracious comments, Will. You always bring a smile to my face.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

The pack meeting where Ethan was legally adopted by the Tucker family, as well as become a full member of the pack was sweetly written.  I was very touched by the love and loyalty displayed by the entire pack of 600 wolves and other species.  

I am anxious over the infiltrator, Paul.  He can do much damage.  He seems to have avoided those who can detect him.  I wonder if Casey is texting a certain solaris.  

Ethan being able to cure 9 ferals at the same time and still remain able to walk out of the room on his own is a testament to his growing power.  I guess it is like a shift, the more you do it the easier it gets.

  • Love 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
On 4/19/2022 at 12:14 AM, raven1 said:

The pack meeting where Ethan was legally adopted by the Tucker family, as well as become a full member of the pack was sweetly written.  I was very touched by the love and loyalty displayed by the entire pack of 600 wolves and other species.  

I am anxious over the infiltrator, Paul.  He can do much damage.  He seems to have avoided those who can detect him.  I wonder if Casey is texting a certain solaris.  

Ethan being able to cure 9 ferals at the same time and still remain able to walk out of the room on his own is a testament to his growing power.  I guess it is like a shift, the more you do it the easier it gets.

The pack as a whole is one large family, maybe a dysfunctional family at times, but still family. :)  Rafe and Mary had become his parents in every way that was important since he came to stay with them. It made sense for him to finally take their name and make it official.

As Ethan uses his gifts he learns how to direct the energy in his body. Similar to a baby rattlesnake being more dangerous than an adult since it doesn't know how to meter it's venom and will release all of it in a single bite.

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment
On 4/19/2022 at 1:14 AM, raven1 said:

I am anxious over the infiltrator, Paul.  He can do much damage.  He seems to have avoided those who can detect him.  I wonder if Casey is texting a certain solaris.

Raven, I don't think it is so much as 'avoided' as it is Paul is just not in the same place(s) that the others are... Yeah, I'm posting this as if you haven't read the whole thing.

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment
19 hours ago, Al Norris said:

Raven, I don't think it is so much as 'avoided' as it is Paul is just not in the same place(s) that the others are... Yeah, I'm posting this as if you haven't read the whole thing.

Considering he doesn't know Darius is working for the pack, or that anyone there can identify a solaris he would have no reason to purposely avoid anyone, other than when he's doing covert recon. And for that, you generally don't want to be seen anyways.

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
On 1/20/2023 at 11:03 AM, Al Norris said:

Raven, I don't think it is so much as 'avoided' as it is Paul is just not in the same place(s) that the others are... Yeah, I'm posting this as if you haven't read the whole thing.

I have read it, but it is so long ago I am about due for a second read.  :2thumbs:

  • Like 4
Link to comment

I know this will seem silly, but I am waiting the cat fight when the two lions come together, and I am sure the blood will flow:yes: I just love this chapter and seeing Ethan healing 9 and just getting a little tried WOW!

  • Love 4
Link to comment
14 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

I know this will seem silly, but I am waiting the cat fight when the two lions come together, and I am sure the blood will flow:yes: I just love this chapter and seeing Ethan healing 9 and just getting a little tried WOW!

Thank you, Albert. :)  The more he does it, the better he understands how not to use all his energy at once.

  • Love 4
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..