Jump to content
    Writer Ryan
  • Author
  • 6,686 Words
  • 1,811 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Amarillo Sky - 1. Chapter 1

Taking his place in the massive lecture hall, Ryan rested his head against his hand. Why he chose a class at eight in the morning he didn’t know. Closing his eyes, Ryan tired to shut out all the people making their way into the room. All he wanted is sleep.

Suddenly he felt a hand tap him on the shoulder startling him. Looking up, Ryan gazed into two honey brown eyes hidden in a hoodie. “Excuse me, is anyone sitting there?” he asked pointing to the other side of Ryan. Noticing that his backpack was on the seat next to him, Ryan quickly moved in off the seat and onto the floor under his feet. “Sure. Sorry.” Ryan answered.

“Sorry for waking you.” The mystery guy said with a laugh.

“Ha. All good.” Ryan answered with a smile.

 

Watching the mystery guy lower his hoodie, Ryan tried hard to not make it obvious he was checking him out. However, he could not help but stare. Ryan noticed that the guy had his hair shaved except for a Mohawk. Cracking a faint smile, Ryan noticed how similar it was to Puck from Glee. His face was tanned with faint stubble. Although even with the stubble, Ryan estimated he was no older than eighteen or nineteen.

 

Noticing he was staring too long, Ryan quickly turned his attention to the professor who had just begun lecture.

“I should talk to him.” Ryan thought to himself. “But it be a little weird if I end up flirting with him. But what if he is gay? Could he be? He didn’t seem like it. Did he?”

Deep in thought, Ryan barely noticed that a whole hour and a half went by and the professor and people were slowly getting ready to leave. The mystery guy had just gotten up when Ryan noticed anything. Taking a step over Ryan’s backpack, the strap caught around his foot causing him to fall forward a little. Putting his hand out, he stopped himself from falling into Ryan completely. With his face just a few inches from him, Ryan could smell the mixture of cologne and sweat.

“Sorry.” The guy said, turning a bit red. “I’m normally not that clumsy.”

“No. It’s my fault. I should have moved my backpack.”

“No. It was me. Sorry again.” The guy said again before rushing towards the door.

Thinking to himself, Ryan wondered why the guy just left so hurriedly. Was he embarrassed? But why? With a college as big as it was, the chances of seeing each other again was small.

 

Putting his book away, Ryan fished in the side pocket for his iPhone. Noticing one new text message, he entered his passcode and read the message from his friend Tiffany: Lunch?

“Sure after my next class. Meet you at the stables? Ryan responded.

Ryan put the ear buds in his ears, put his iTunes on shuffle, and made his way across campus to his other class.

 

Two hours later, Ryan made his way to the stables. Looking around, he spotted Tiffany near the track with a few friends watching someone ride.

“Hey bitch.” Ryan said walking up to her.

“Hey slut.” She answered hugging him.

“Hi Ryan.” A red headed girl closest to Tiffany said.

“Hey Lexi.” Ryan answered, hugging her and then saying hi to the rest.

“So who are you all looking at? A new potential for you Tiff?” Ryan asked jokingly.

“Haha. You’re the slut remember. And besides, he’s too young. And besides not my type.”

“You’re just jealous he’s better than you.” Lexi joked.

“No I’m not.” Tiff said laughing. “He is good though. He needs two more points to qualify at regionals. As a freshman. That doesn’t happen too often.”

“Oh that’s good…I think. Tiff you know I have no idea how all this works. The points and all.”

“Idiot. I told you this all before. Anyway, as a freshman that’s really good.”

“Haha. I’ll take your word for it. So are we gonna go soon? I’m getting hungry.”

“In a bit. We are gonna wait for Zach.”

“Zach?” Ryan asked confused.

“Him.” Tiff said pointing to the guy they had been watching.

“Oh OK. Hey by the way. So I met a gorgeous guy today.”

“Slut. What’s this one’s name?

“I don’t know. We barely talked.”

“What? Was he gay? You think?”

“I don’t know. Probably not.”

“Aww. Sorry Ryan. You will find the right one eventually.”

“Haha thanks.”

“Anytime slut. Oh here comes Zach.” Tiff answered, pointing behind Ryan towards a figure moving in their direction.

Watching the figure come closer, Ryan noticed how gorgeous this guy was. His tight black riding uniform showed off his slender yet muscular frame. The sun directly behind him made it seem as he was glowing. The light adding more definition to his body. Slowly taking off his helmet, Ryan’s jaw dropped as he recognized the Mohawk. A few seconds later, he recognized that same face that secretly had him going crazy. “Shit. That’s him.”

“Who?”

“The hot guy from class.”

“Zach?”

“I guess so.” Ryan barely answered before Zach was in earshot.

“Hi.” He said in a cute voice.

“Hey cutie.” Lexi said in a flirty way.

“Hi Zach.” Tiff said. “Oh hey this is my friend, Ryan.”

“Hey I know you. You tried to kill me with your backpack.”

“Sorry. I didn’t mean to.”

“I’m only joking.” Zach said stretching out his hand. Taking it, Ryan noticed Zach’s smile. When he smiled, one side of his mouth stretched a bit further than the other. Looking at it, Ryan could not help but smile. It made Zach look like a little kid on Christmas day.

“Ryan? Ryan?” Tiff asked, waving her hand in front of Ryan’s face.

“Sorry. What? Brain fart.” Ryan lied, trying to play if off.

“You ready to go?”

“Yea. Sure.”

“Hey let me quickly change.” Zach said, noticing he was still in riding gear.

“Ok. We’ll wait here.” Ryan said. Watching Zach walk away, Ryan noticed his firm ass in the tight riding pants.

“Dude you got it bad.” Tiff said, breaking Ryan out of his gaze.

“What?”

“You so like him. You’ve been googley-eyed over him. I’m surprised he didn’t notice.”

“Well. Look at him. He’s so fucking adorable. He’s hot but cute. And I love that.”

“Wait cute and hot?” Lexi asked.

“Yeah. When they are really hot. But at the same time they are cute. I mean look at his smile. He looks so adorable. But his build and he’s just…hot.”

“Ok. Well lover boy. Act cool. Here he comes.”

Looking back towards the stable, Ryan was mesmerized by the sight before him. Zach had changed into tight dark blue jeans that showed off his defined slender legs and a gray shirt that clung to his body tight. Although he wore an open jacket, Ryan could tell that his arm muscles were well formed.

“Hey guys. Sorry. Thanks for waiting.” Zach said when he made it to where the rest.

“No problem.” Tiff answered. “Ok let’s go to the grill. It’s closer.”

                ******************************************************************************

“So what are we doing tonight?” Tiff asked as everyone stood outside the grill after lunch.

“A movie?” Lexi suggested.

“Maybe. Why don’t you all come to my house tonight? We can decide from there.” Ryan said.

“Sure.” They all agreed.

After saying their goodbyes, Ryan walked to his last class for the day two buildings from the Grill. Arriving in no time, Ryan took a seat in the near empty lecture hall. Although the class was full on the first day, hardly any one came to the class anymore. Why Ryan went he didn’t know either. The professor used the same PowerPoint slides he has online.

But today class was the last thing on his mind. All he could think about was Zach. The last hour was torture for him. He wanted more than anything to lean across the table and put his lips to Zach’s soft lips. But the last thing he wanted to do was scare him away. Ryan replayed the whole lunch in his head. Searching for any inkling that suggested that Zach was interested in him. Let alone was gay. Ryan did notice that Zach seemed to be a little uneasy at times. A few times when their eyes met, Zach quickly looked away. And he could have sworn Zach got a bit red when he complimented him on his riding. “Wishful thinking” Ryan thought to himself.

So enthralled by thoughts of Zach, just like in the morning, Ryan barely noticed the end of class. Ryan gathered his things and made his way to the stables. Reaching them, Ryan made a left and headed towards the dense woods. Trees rose high above the ground, creating almost a wall shielding the stables and horse track from the apartment complex on the opposite side. On the far end was a break in the wall and a narrow path led to the housing complex he lived at. Ryan was lucky. He found a two bedroom for a reasonable price and was able to afford it by himself. Although at times he felt it would be more fun having a roommate, he enjoyed the privacy of living alone.

Once inside Ryan dropped his stuff off in the living room and made his way to the bathroom. Peeling his black Express graphic tee of his body, Ryan turned on the shower to hot. Lowering his jeans and black Diesel boxer briefs, Ryan’s cock sprang to life. Being released from its cloth prison, the cool air caused Ryan’s cock to start growing hard.

Opening the fogged up glass door, Ryan stepped inside and under the stream. The hot water felt good on his body. Hitting the gym twice as hard the last few days, his muscles were still sore and the water was a soothing remedy. Closing his eyes, Ryan looked up and felt the stream massage his face. With one hand, he slowly slid his hand over his wet hard chest, down over his tight abs and towards his cock begging for release. Slowly Ryan slid two fingers over the shaft and back; feeling his foreskin slide over his head. Wrapping his fingers around his cock, Ryan slowly started to pump back and forth.

Being in a state of sexual ecstasy, Ryan thought about Zach. He could feel the door open and then two hands wrap around his waist, turning him. Ryan opened his eyes and saw Zach standing naked in front of him. Water cascading over his magnificent body. “I want you.” He whispered before leaning in and putting his lips gently on Ryan’s lips. Sliding his hand up over Zach’s thigh, over his tight ass and side, Ryan gently touched Zach’s cheek. Sensing Ryan’s gentle caress, Zach parted his lips a bit and allowed Ryan’s tongue to enter his waiting mouth. Zach slid his hand down the side of Ryan and grabbed his ass; pulling him closer. Breaking the kiss, Ryan gently bit Zach’s lower lip; pulling it a bit. Slowly Ryan licked the water off Zach’s jaw line and made his way towards Zach’s neck. Reaching it, he kissed and sucked it gently. With his left hand he slid it between the two of them and grabbed both their cocks and started stroking it while gently biting down on Zach’s neck.

Zach slid his hands up and down Ryan’s wet back pulling him closer with every movement. Ryan continued to lick down Zach’s shoulder and over his pec; stopping every now and then to lap up some water. Kissing and sucking further, Ryan reached Zach’s sensitive nipple. After licking a circle around it, Ryan gently closed his mouth on it; sucking ever so gently. Zach let out a loud moan as his nipple grew hard. Raising his hand further, Zach ran his finger through Ryan’s brown shaggy hair.

Ryan stroked faster and faster, as the feeling of ecstasy grew more intense and need for release crept ever closer. Suddenly a wave of pleasure swept Ryan over. His balls contracted and cum shot out his throbbing hard cock. The power of his orgasm hit Ryan causing him to return to reality as he suddenly ripped open his eyes. “Fuck” Ryan moaned out loud. Looking down he saw the last remnants of his orgasm wash down the drain.

Coming down from his sexual high, a sudden wave of disappointment swept over him. How he so wished that it was not just a fantasy but a reality. That Zach was really there. Suddenly the phone rang and Ryan quickly turned the shower off, grabbed a towel, dried off and stepped out.

“Yes Bitch?” he said into the phone. “Seven is good. Who’s all going?”

“Is Zach coming?” he asked. “Good. See you then.”

Hanging up, Ryan continued to dry off, then wrapped his towel around his waist and made his way to his bedroom. Dropping the towel to the floor, Ryan put on a pair of tight neon green Diesel boxer briefs and Jeans and a dark blue button down. Once dressed Ryan decided to tidy up a bit and go out and get some alcohol.

*************************************************************************************

Zach lay on his bed in his dorm; glad to finally lie down after a long day of class and riding. Wanting sleep, he closed his eyes but his mind was busy in thought. Too busy to allow Zach the rest he wanted. “Could Ryan be gay? It be so cool if he is. He’s hot.” Zach thought. “He might be. I mean he was checking me out. He had to be. He just looked at me for too long. But what if I was just imagining all this. That’s the last thing I need. To hit on a straight guy at a new school.”

Zach thought back to how hard it was coming out and they way some people took it. What if Ryan took it like that and there was trouble between him and Tiffany. Zach knew that Tiffany was one of Ryan’s best friends. But she was also a mentor to him. She helped him out so much with horseback riding. If he did anything to piss off Ryan it could all back fire and he could lose Tiffany.

*************************************************************************************

Ryan had just gotten back ten minutes earlier from the store, when his doorbell rang. Opening the door, Ryan saw Lexi and Tiff.

“Hey Slut.” Tiff said rushing forward and quickly hugging Ryan.

“Bitch, you already drunk.” Ryan said laughing.

“A little.” Lexi said.

“Haha nice.”

“Hey where’s Zach?” Ryan asked closing the door behind him.

“See. I knew he would ask.” Tiff said to Lexi laughing.

“Yes Ryan. He’s coming. He’s just running late.”

“Ok. Cool.”

“Wow Ryan, you got it bad.”

“Shut up. He’s so cute though.” Ryan said smiling.

“You don’t even know if he’s gay.”

“Well hopefully we will find out.”

“Ok whatever. I need something to drink.” Tiff said.

“Haha. This way. I got some vodka and juice.”

“Sweet.” Lexi said walking towards the kitchen.

Tiffany and Ryan followed, and Ryan got three glasses and made some drinks. One drink turned into two which turned into three.

“So why do you like Zach? I mean he’s cute but I mean why are you set on him?” Tiff asked.

“I don’t know honestly. He’s hot sure, but he’s more than that. He’s cute. I mean look at his smile. And the hawk, it’s hot as fuck.”

“Haha sure. I still don’t get why you are like this. You are like worried he won’t show. I can see it.”

“No. I—” Ryan said, the doorbell ringing.

Getting up, Ryan walked over to the door and opened it. Standing outside was Zach. Seeing Zach, Ryan immediately felt happier. “Come on in.” He said.

Walking inside, Zach joined Lexi and Tiff in the living room as Ryan went to grab another glass. “Hope ya like Vodka.” Ryan said from the kitchen.

“Yeah. Whatever is fine.” Zach answered.

“Here ya go.” Ryan said handing Zach a glass with Vodka and Cranberry. “Cheers.” He said holding up his own glass.

“Cheers.” Zach said holding up his own.

“Cheers!” Lexi and Tiff said.

The four of them started talking and every once in a while Ryan would go back to the kitchen and make more drinks. Feeling the buzz, Ryan slowly let felt his emotions for Zach amplify. His brain went into overdrive as he thought over everything. “Why do I like him? What do I want from him? There is something about him, something that I haven’t felt for a long time. Not since…since him.”

“Ryan!!” Tiff yelled breaking Ryan’s thought.

“Huh?”

“Get your laptop. I’m bored.” She said.

“Umm…ok.” He said getting up and getting his laptop from his room. “Here.” He said handing it to her.

“Thanks.” Tiff said taking it. Going onto the internet she went into YouTube. Typing “Justin Bieber” into the search bar she hit enter.

“Oh Fuck no.” Ryan said groaning. “He’s a douche.”

“I think he’s ok.” Zach admitted.

“See Ryan. You’re just dumb.” Lexi said.

“Gee thanks.” Ryan said rolling his eyes.

“Here we go.” Tiff said finding the song she wanted and hitting play and started singing along.

My friends say I’m a fool to think
That you’re the one for me
I guess I’m just a sucker for love
‘Cuz honestly the truth is that
You know I’m never leavin’
‘Cuz you’re my angel sent from above
Baby you can do no wrong
My money is yours

Lexi and Zach started to pick up the singing fever.

Give you little more because I love ya, love ya
With me, girl, is where you belong
Just stay right here
I promise my dear I’ll put nothin above ya. Above ya
Love me, Love me
Say that you love me
Fool me, Fool me
Oh how you do me
Kiss me, Kiss me
Say that you miss me

 

Feeling the buzz even stronger, Ryan could not help but sing along.

Tell me what I wanna hear
Tell me you (love me)
Love me, Love me
Say that you love me
Fool me, Fool me
Oh how you do me
Kiss me, Kiss me
Say that you miss me
Tell me what I wanna hear
Tell me u love me
People try to tell me
But I still refuse to listen
Cuz they don’t get to spend time with you
A minute with you is worth more than
A thousand days without your love, oh your love
Baby you can do no wrong
My money is yours
Give you little more because I love ya, love ya
With me, girl, is where you belong

Getting so caught up in the moment, Ryan grabbed Tiff and started dancing. Tiff seeing her chance broke away from Ryan, grabbed Zach and pushed him towards Ryan. Drunkenly Ryan grabbed Zach and started singing to him. Zach and the girls broke into a fit of laughter.

As the night continued, the drinking continued and so did the singing. Starting to feel tired, Ryan checked the clock and realized it was three in the morning.

“I think we better stop singing. Look at the time.” He said.

“Oh shit.” Lexi said. “I think we better call it a night.”

“Yeah. Girls you have the bedroom. Zach you can have the couch and I’ll take the floor.”

“No Ryan. The dorms aren’t too far away and I don’t want to impose.”

“Zach. It’s three in the morning. It’s freezing outside. I am not going to let you walk back now.”

“Really. It’s ok. I don’t wanna be a bother.”

“It’s fine. Zach. Really.”

“OK.” Zach said knowing Ryan wouldn’t budge.

The girls made the way into the bedroom and Ryan got spare pillows and blankets from the closet in the hallway. Giving one to Zach, he spread out the blanket on the floor, turned off the light and lay down. “Night Zach.” He said

“Night.”

Ryan lay on his pillow facing the ceiling, closing his eyes he tried to make the slight spinning from the alcohol stop. Soon he won the fight and sleep overcame him.

Ryan woke suddenly to something cold and wet hitting his face. Shooting upward violently, Ryan sat up and looked around. He lay on a cold, wet forest floor. All around him were bare trees; snow was falling from the dark gray sky. Getting up, Ryan looked around trying to figure out where he was. Nothing looked familiar.

Picking a direction, Ryan slowly made his way through the dense forest. With each step, the trees grew closer together, blocking out more light each time. Ryan could see his breath, his whole body freezing.

Suddenly there was a crack of a branch to the left of him. Stopping immediately, Ryan looked towards the noise. There was nothing but silence. Thinking it was just his imagination, he took another step when suddenly he heard another crack. Ryan’s heart beat faster and faster as he called out. “Hello? Is anyone there?” Silence. “Hello?”

Shaking his head and thinking his imagination was making a fool of him, he started up again. “Ryan.” Came a faint whisper from the same spot.

“Hello?” Ryan called out. He could feel his body tense up, his heart beating even faster. His lungs gapping for air. His throat dry. “Hello.” He called out, again.

CRACK.

This time the noise came from behind him. Quickly spinning around, Ryan stared into the darkness. Two brown eyes stared back at him. It was an intense brown, one Ryan had never seen before. It looked almost like they were on fire. Just as suddenly as they appeared they were gone again. Starting to freak out Ryan, started walking backwards, his eyes still fixated on the spot the eyes just were. Ryan didn’t see the branch on the ground and he tripped over it. Falling to the ground, he held out his hands to lessen the impact. His hands hit the cold floor, the snow making it even colder.

Suddenly there was another crack, this time to the right of Ryan. Looking towards it, Ryan saw the same two eyes appear. They burned at him in the darkness. Ryan held his breath, not daring to move. A sudden roar of thunder broke the silence, causing Ryan to jump.

CRACK.

A bolt of lightning hit a tree above the pair of eyes, consuming the tree in fire. Ryan watched as the two eyes emerged from the darkness, and Ryan could slowly make out a head. It was the head of a horse. A dark black stallion. As the flames continued to engulf its surroundings, Ryan could tell that the horse was bigger than any horse he had ever seen. Each hoof looked capable of crushing a human skull and its legs as muscular as can be.

Trying to get away, Ryan started crawl on his back. “Stop.” Echoed a voice as loud as the thunder. Ryan stopped in his tracks. The flames dancing behind the horse; engulfing everything in its path. What was once a dark dead forest was becoming a towering inferno.

“Get on.” The voice said. Ryan quickly realized that it was the horse talking. Not believing it, Ryan looked around to see if there was anyone else. But there was no one in sight.

“Get on or you will burn.” The horse’s voice boomed.

Ryan’s heart beat like a drum, his pulse racing. He could feel his heart beat, blood racing through his body. Adrenaline took the best of him and without noticing it he got up and mounted the horse. As soon as Ryan was on, the horse galloped. The cold air burned Ryan’s face and the ash made him cough.

“Tell him. Tell him how you feel.” The voice said.

“I can’t.” Ryan answered.

“Tell him before its too late.”

Behind him the flames grew bigger, engulfing every branch in its path. The sky red as if it were bleeding. The horse broke left, running towards what seemed to be a break in the forest. A minute later they were out of the forest and Ryan noticed the stables of school. The horse stopped suddenly a few yards from the stable.

Ryan stared at the stable and then towards the forest. The flames danced in the trees as if they were trying to engulf the sky. The sun blocked by a dark thick smoke. Ryan heard a voice in the stable and moved towards it. Soon Ryan recognized the voice to be Zach’s. Rushing towards the stable, he pulled open the door and went into the darkness.

“Zach?” He called out. “Zach?”

Ryan stopped and listened. Nothing but silence. Opening his eyes wider, Ryan tried to make out what was in front of him. Something moved in front of him. “Zach?”

“Ryan?”

“Zach?” Ryan called out moving towards the figure. He felt a bit relaxed finding a familiar person.

A loud explosion rocked behind him, causing Ryan to fall to the ground. His head felt as if someone was hammering into his skull. Slowly getting to his feel, Ryan looked at the source of the explosion. The stable entrance was blocked by red flames, the flames quickly engulfing the stable walls.

“Ryan. Help!” Zach called.

Turning away from the fire and towards Zach, Ryan started to run towards him. Ryan had almost reached Zach when a burning wooden beam fell from the ceiling, blocking his path. Stopping in his track, Ryan barely missed the beam.

“Tell him before it’s too late.” Echoed the voice.

“Zach!” Ryan yelled as he watched the flames dance higher, engulfing his path.

Ryan shot up, his body soaked in sweat. Looking around, Ryan realized he was in his living room. “It was just a dream.” He said to himself. Ryan saw Zach lay on his back, as peaceful as ever. No idea of the fate he suffered in Ryan’s dream. Ryan could not help but smile, seeing how cute Zach looked sleeping. He had one hand behind his head and the other rested on his thigh. His shirt was lifted up a bit and Ryan could make out the define ripples of his abs.

“I need to tell him. As soon as he wakes up.” Ryan thought. Closing his eyes, Ryan drifted back to sleep.

*************************************************************************************

The morning sun shone through the cracks of the blinds, light entering through every crevice. The light hitting his face, Ryan turned to the side and pulled the blanket up over his face. He was almost back asleep when he suddenly heard loud noises and giggling coming from his bedroom.

“Ryan. Zach. Wake up.” He heard Lexi say.

Knowing that it would be futile to try to ignore them, Ryan opened his eyes and sat up. Lexi and Tiffany sat on one couch and Zach was just waking up on the other. Ryan instantly noticed that Zach was shirtless. Leaning back, Zach raised his arms and stretched. As he stretched, his biceps bulged and his abs tightened. Seeing this, Ryan could not help but feel a little turned on. Quickly looking away, Ryan got up and slowly made his way to the kitchen to make a pot of coffee.

Walking back out, Ryan joined Zach on the other couch. Ryan wanted to tell Zach about his dream, but he knew that now was not the place or time.

*************************************************************************************

A week had passed since Ryan had that dream and still he could not work up the courage to tell Zach. During that week, Ryan and Zach grew a lot closer. The two shared things with each other that they had not told a lot of people. Yet Ryan still had no idea if Zach was gay or not.

Zach stood against the fence watching Lexi ride, his mind somewhere else.

“Zachie!!” He heard a familiar voice call behind him.

“Hi Tiff.” He answered turning to face her.

“What’s up?”

“Nothing.”

“Hmm. You sure. You seem kind of out of it. Anything on your mind?”

“No. Why?”

“You sure?”

“Yeah.”

“Look. We are friends. I will always love you and be there for you. I mean I know we only knew each other for the year, but still. You’re like my brother.”

Zach was silent. He did not know what to say. He wanted to tell her. He wanted someone to talk to. Someone to ask advice. But could he really?

“Zach? What is it? Something’s bothering you.” She said putting her hand on Zach’s shoulder.

“It’s…It’s…nothing.”

“Zach? Please.”

“I’m gay. Ok?”

“Wow. Really?”

“Yes. So you can hate me now.”

“Zach. I love you. That’s a brave thing to do. To come out.” She said hugging him.

“Really?”

“Yeah. Why would I hate you?”

“I don’t know. It’s just a lot of people still have a problem with it.”

“Well, I’m not most people. Besides Ryan’s gay too…I mean…shit!”

“He is?” Zach asked looking intrigued.

“Ugh…yes. Don’t tell him I told you. I mean he’s out. But it’s not my place to say.”

“I won’t.” Zach answered smiling.

“What’s that? Why are you smiling? You look like you won the lottery.”

“Nothing.”

“OMG you like him?”

“Ryan? NO...I mean…I...I don’t know. I never had a boyfriend and I don’t know what I feel for him. I mean I’ve been with guys before. I just never seemed to like anyone the way I feel for him.”

“Aww. Zach. You need to tell him. If you think you like him he should know.”

“I…I don’t know. I can’t.”

“Zach!! You should tell him.”

“Ehh…I don’t think I can.”

“I think you can. And I know Ryan, he is a great guy and the two of you would make an adorable couple.”

“Really think so? Yeah. I might tell him. It’s just the guys I’ve been with they ended up being douches. ”

“Oh. I’m sorry. But I’ve know Ryan for a while, he is really nice. And he has a past too. I think you would be good for him.”

“Hmm…maybe I should tell him.”

“Yeah. Do it tonight. At the party.”

“OK. I’ll think about it.”

*************************************************************************************

By the time, Ryan arrived at the party it was already in full swing. Stepping through the door, Ryan pushed past the mass bodies and made his way towards the kitchen. He had texted Tiff, a few moments earlier and knew that she was in there.

“Ryan!” She yelled as soon as she saw him.

“Hey Bitch.” He said.

She quickly pushed a solo cup in his hand and bumped her cup to his. “Cheers”

“Cheers” He said laughing.

Looking at her phone, Tiff told him that Lexi and Zach were on their way now. “So you really like Zach don’t ya?”

“I don’t know. I mean I think he’s amazing. He makes me smile. And the last week, just getting to know him was amazing.”

“I think you two would be a hot couple.”

“Thanks. But it’s not that. I mean yeah he’s fucking gorgeous and sexy. But he’s more. He’s such a great guy. He really listens to me when I talk. He makes me feel happy. I just can’t explain it. When I’m around him...I’m just happy.”

“Aww. Well here comes lover boy.” Tiff said pointing.

Turning around, Ryan saw Lexi and Zach walking towards them. Zach was looking as amazing as ever. He wore a navy blue Abercrombie and Fitch polo that clung tightly to his torso and dark jeans. Ryan noticed that his Mohawk had been freshly shaped. Walking behind him was an attractive girl Zach’s age; her long dark blonde, almost brown hair swayed as she walked. Ryan noticed that as she walked a few guys checking her out.

“Hey Ryan. Tiff.” Zach said smiling. “This is my friend Elizabeth.”

“Hi Elizabeth.” Ryan said smiling.

“Call me Beth. You must be Ryan. I heard a lot about you.” She said. Zach quickly shot her a nervous glance.

“That’s me.” Ryan said smiling.

“So, how did you meet Zach?” Beth asked.

“Well actually he is in my History of Photography class. But I didn’t really talk to him until Tiff introduced us. And you?”

“Oh Zach and I met the first day in the dorms. We became instant friends. I feel like he’s family. He’s like my brother.”

“Oh. Cool.” Ryan said.

The five of them kept talking about random things when suddenly Tiff grabbed Zach and walked off with him.

“Are you going to tell him?”

“I don’t know. I’m scared. What if it doesn’t work out? We would all be in an awkward situation.”

“Don’t worry about that. Look, I shouldn’t be telling you this, but Ryan likes you.”

“Really?”

“Yes. You need to let him know how you feel. It drives me crazy, the looks you give each other. You’re both guys. Have the balls to tell each other. I swear all guys are dumb when it comes to this.”

“Yeah that’s what Beth says too.” Zach answered laughing. “OK. I’ll tell him.”

“Good.” Tiff said before the two returned to the kitchen.

“Where’s Ryan?” Zach asked looking around.

“Over there talking to some guy.” Beth said pointing to the hallway. Looking where she was pointing, Zach saw Ryan talking to a tan blond guy in tight jeans and a plaid button down. He wore a white cowboy hat that slightly covered the tops of his eyes.

“Oh fuck.” Tiffany said realizing who it was.

“What? Who is that?” Zach asked.

“Chase. His ex.”

“Oh. From the looks of it he looks like trouble.” Beth said.

*************************************************************************************

“I missed you baby. I made a mistake.” Chase said.

“A mistake? You fucking cheated on me. That’s more than a fucking mistake.”

“I’m sorry. Baby. I am.”

“Stop calling me baby. I am not your baby. I am nothing to you. What the hell are you doing here anyway?”

“I’m moving back here. I missed you and some of our friends told me that you would be here tonight. I wanted to tell you that I was moving back. I miss you. I want us to be a couple again.”

“Fuck no Chase. You ruined my life. What the fuck makes you think I am going to come back to you?”

“I just hoped.” Chase said before moving in and putting his lips to Ryan’s.

Closing his eyes, Ryan came over with a sudden rush. His mind took him back years ago when he and Chase were an item. Just as sudden as the rush came, it was gone and Ryan’s mind came back to him. He opened his eyes and looked past Chase at Zach. The instant their eyes met, Ryan could see the hurt in Zach’s eyes. Zach turned around and disappeared in the crowd.

Pushing Chase away, Ryan ran towards the kitchen were Zach was a few seconds earlier. “Where did Zach go?”

“Fuck you Ryan. He really liked you.” Beth said angrily.

“I know. I like him too. Where did he go?”

“I have no idea. He just left.” Tiffany said.

“Ryan.” Chase said suddenly be them.

“Fuck off.” Ryan and Lexi said at the same time.

“Call me if you see him. Please.” Ryan asked the girls before heading outside.

Making his way through the crowd, Ryan saw Zach in front of him heading for the front door. “Zach.” He called but it was no use. The crowd was too loud and Zach heard nothing. Finally reaching the door, Ryan headed into the stormy night after Zach.

Cold rain poured down heavily making it even harder to see. Catching a glimpse of someone entering the woods, Ryan followed hoping it was Zach. Picking up speed, Ryan saw Zach in front of him. “Zach.” He called out. Zach turned then quickly ran off. Running after him, Ryan could feel his heart beat faster. This was quickly turning into what had happened in his dream. The cold air burned his lungs and the branches scratched at his arms. None of that matter to him; he just wanted to find Zach.

Picking up the pace, Ryan finally saw Zach again and reached out and grabbed his shoulder. “Zach. Stop.”

Zach stopped instantly and faced Ryan. “What do you want?” he asked. Ryan could see the hurt in his eyes.

“Why did you run off?”

“It doesn’t matter.” Zach said turning again.

Grabbing his shoulder again, Ryan turned Zach towards him. “It matters to me.”

“It shouldn’t.” Zach barely whispered.

“Well it does. Now what’s wrong?”

“I like you Ryan. I really do.”

“What?” Ryan said not believing his ears.

“I like you. A lot. I wanted to tell you for the longest time, but I was scared. I was scared to get hurt again. But it doesn’t matter. You have Chase and I am hurt again.”

“Chase? He means nothing to me. Nothing. I like you too. I was the idiot. I should have told you sooner.”

“What? But the kiss?”

“Nothing. He kissed me. I didn’t kiss him.”

Zach just looked at Ryan in silence. For the first time since he caught up to Zach, Ryan noticed the rain. Both Zach and he were drenched to the bone. The cold wind against the wet clothes was making their bodies feel numb.

Breaking the silence, Ryan put his hand on Zach’s cheek and pulled him towards him; only a few centimeters separating them. As he spoke Ryan could see his breath. “Look. I can’t promise I won’t hurt you. But what I can promise you is that I truly like you. You’re amazing. And I think that it would be foolish if we don’t try this. Like I said, I can’t promise I won’t hurt you, but what I can promise is that I will do everything I can to not hurt you. Please Zach, don’t let Chase or any other guy come in between us. Please, let your heart speak.”

Zach could not speak; he felt like he was spinning. Finding no words to describe how he felt, he closed the distance between them. As soon as their lips touched, they both felt a jolt rushing through their body. They both longed for this moment and it finally came.

Breaking the kiss, Ryan kept his lips on Zach’s and whispered “You make me happy.” Then Ryan pressed his lips hard against Zach’s and Zach parted his lips slightly letting Ryan’s tongue enter. Ryan ran his tongue over Zach’s and gently massaged it. Feeling the water run down his own face, Ryan raised his hand and gently stroked Zach’s water soaked cheek. Zach put his hand on Ryan’s back and pulled the two closer together. Although the rain and wind made it freezing out, the heat radiating from the two kept them warm. It was a new rush for Zach. Knowing he was freezing, but his body felt as if it was on fire.

Ryan used his other hand and peeled back Zach’s shirt and slid his hand inside. Gently caressing Zach’s abs, Ryan could feel them tighten every time he took a breath. Breaking the kiss, Zach leaned back a little and just looked deep into Ryan’s eyes and smile. Ryan saw a new emotion in Zach’s hazel eyes: Happiness.

His hand still on the back of Ryan’s head, Zach pulled him back to him and the two continued to kiss passionately. All around them the earth melted and they could barely hear the footsteps coming towards them.

Copyright © 2011 Writer Ryan; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Amarillo Sky--shoot, that is such an awesome title.

I have sooooo much to read at the moment, but I saw that title and just had to pop in. Then I ended up reading it all.

 

There's definite mystery and intrigue in this. The dream scene bit was fascinating--made me extremely curious. Good amounts of conflict too. (Though, if I would give you a tip, I'd have cut the chapter when Zach runs off as a good hook. Ppl would be scratching at the ants in their pants to know what happens after that then. ;) just a thought.) Still, I enjoyed this.

 

I like the use of language--there was imagery I really felt in here.

 

Good start.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..