Jump to content
    x Trevor x
  • Author
  • 1,405 Words
  • 1,549 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Last Chance - 8. Chapter 8

Matthew by this time was sitting on the bed in the hotel room as he stared at Paige expecting some answers.
"Okay so...this is what happened..." Paige blinked and nibbled on her fingernails. "Me and..uh Adam in the shower and Joe went and robbed the bank."
Matthew looked at her and tried so hard not to laugh. For something so serious, it was so comical to him. "Go on..." He broke into a small smile.
"Well after getting the mullah." She grinned at her word, thinking she was so cool. "We busted Jamie out of the hospital and went to the airport. He and Joe purchased tickets here to Miami and me and Adam purchased tickets to Las Vegas." She looked down at the cop suspiciously. "I think we accidentally got our tickets mixed up." She lied but wasn't very convincing.
"Thank you for your cooperation." He stood up and moved to the door before sending an evil little grin at Paige. "Oh... and as they say...don't leave town." With that, he walked out the door.

An entire day had passed and Jamie and Joe had spent it hanging in the casino's gambling and well...luck was on their side. They spent the later part of the night bar hopping and Jamie revealed his talent by offering to dance at each club he went to for one night's pay each and let's say he was a big success. He had managers begging to hire him but... he was happy now and work wasn't something he was too interested in at the moment.
By the time the next morning arrived, Jamie woke up and felt literally like shit from last night's events only to hear a knock on the door. His brain wasn't even awake yet so he simply dragged himself out of the bed, walked over and pulled the door open. Damn if he didn't wake up at the sight of the person on the other side of that door.

"If you wanted a vacation you should have asked." Jimmy spoke bitterly and withdrew a gun. "I'm going to take you on a vacation but first...." His eyes shifted over to a sleeping Joe. "We need to take out the trash so wake him up."
Jamie took a few steps back and moved to Joe. "Wake up." He spoke and shook Joe without taking his eyes off Jimmy.
Joe began to stir and smiled at the sight of Jamie's face. "Morning beautiful..."
Jamie just shook his head. "Morning not so beautiful." Joe turned around to see Jimmy.

Matthew had arrived at the hotel and parked his car and the scene he witnessed was a real shocker for him. He watched a gun-wielding Jimmy force Joe and Jamie into a car before driving off. Now Matthew wasn't going to go crazy because this was a hostage situation; he knew those should be handled with extreme care and caution. So what did he do? He quietly followed them and kept a distance.
And so now we are moving on to the drama, how fun! Or...maybe not depends on what you enjoy.
The three of them found themselves out in the middle of the desert about five miles away from the road and Jimmy had parked his car right where they were. A gunfire was heard followed by screams as Joe and Jamie fell down. Joe was covered in blood and Jamie was crying and screaming in panic.
"I'm sorry Jamie..." Jimmy apologized but come on seriously...no one has sympathy for the bad guy!
"It's gonna be okay!" Jamie cried in denial but he knew what was coming. He would lose the only person he thought cared for him... he would end up all alone and he was terrified of that. He couldn't be alone...there wasn't no way he could bear it.
"Jamie...I love you..." Joe managed to get out before coughing up some blood.
"Don't you give up!" Jamie ordered and cried as he caressed Joe's face.
"You remember...how I said I would always protect you? I wasn't able to...Jamie..." He looked up and reached up with what strength he had left to caress the other face with the back of his hand. "I'm sorry...." He muttered before his hand fell to the ground and he was motionless.

"No...." Jamie whispered and his head fell to Joe's chest as he was covered in blood and he just clung to the body for dear life.
"Listen....you don't want to do this..." Matthew's voice rang in as he approached from behind Jimmy with his gun aimed and ready.
"Jamie, don't be sad...I'm here for you..." Jimmy blinked and turned around to look at Matthew. "Get out of here!" He screamed and aimed his gun at Matthew.
"No....you need to put the gun down. I can help you but I need you to talk to me." Matthew reasoned and kept his eyes trained on Jimmy.
"You can help me? I don't need help, I didn't kill Tiffani." Jimmy spoke and his eyes narrowed. "Jamie did it...the night I arrived to take him to New York...I promised him all of his dreams and one of those was vengeance...I helped him make it happen." Jimmy explained and stared at Matthew.
Matt's eyes widened in pure shock as he looked over to the crying Jamie who seemed to only have Joe in his mind; he didn't seem fully aware of the scenes unfolding in front of him and he remained silent for now.
"I love Jamie..." Jimmy started to speak.
"No you don't!" Matthew interrupted and looked at Jimmy. "You ruined his fucking life! You snatched every little thing he had left away! Only you...that's all he fucking had and what's that fucking worth?!"
Jimmy grew silent as he began to think over the situation. He wasn't dumb by any means; he knew he would be arrested. He looked over at the emotionally broken Jamie and frowned. "I...I just wanted him happy..." Jimmy realized now what all he had done. He never meant to hurt Jamie it was just that...Jimmy was a little possessive. Jimmy looked at the ground and brought the gun to his mouth.
Jamie screamed as he heard gunfire and watched Jimmy's body fall to the ground but was soon grabbed up in Matthew's arms.
Matthew had called the police and had finally calmed Jamie down. The two of them stood on a large sand hill watching the sun set over the desert horizon causing warm colors of red and orange to be cast upon them. They stood in silence just enjoying the few moments of peace.
"What's gonna happen?" Jamie spoke up after a few moments and then his eyes turned to Matthew.
"I don't know...all I know is that..." Matt looked down and grabbed up a hand full of sand and turned to Jamie. "I'm the sand..." He then let the sand drop through his fingers and onto the ground before pulling out a small bottle of water and poured a little into his hand. "And you're the water." He watched the water drip through his fingers and fall to the ground. "And that...we belong together." His voice began to crack up as tears welled into his eyes.
Jamie looked up at Matthew and a smile crossed his face. "So everything's going to be okay?" He looked at Matthew with deep hope in his eyes.
Matthew heard the sirens in the background and he hated it but...he knew what he had to do. His eyes shifted up to Jamie and his expression shown only anger. "I can't forgive you...just go..." He spoke coldly and stared at him.
"But Matt..." Jamie tried to speak.
"I said fucking go! Just go!" He screamed and then raised a fist to a fearful looking Jamie. Matthew watched the other run away and Matt fell to his knees crying. "I never meant it...." He whispered. "I never wanted you to go..." Once the police arrived, he stood up and looked to them with a tear soaked face. "I'm guilty...I killed both of them..." He nodded to Jimmy and Joe and the cops immediately moved over and began placing cuffs on him. He looked back to find Jamie hiding behind another hill watching everything. "I love you..." Matt whispered before being taken to the police car.

(And that's it! This was the last and final chapter of Last Chance. As always editing credit goes to Bondwriter and I thank him greatly for it. Anyway on to other projects!)
2008 X Trevor X; All Rights Reserved
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

jimmy killed himself so the gun would be with him. Although Matthew said he did it, it would be obvious to anyone that he did not and was in shock. They probably detained him for interrogation but let him go. Talk about depressing story. It was still unclear to me if Jamie did kill Tiffani or if Jimmy did after Jamie told him he hated her, Jimmy seems a  bid crazy so he might think  he did it for Jamie. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..