Jump to content
    x Trevor x
  • Author
  • 5,962 Words
  • 1,331 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Like a Train Wreck - 19. Chapter 19: I Spy

Sarah and Jasmine were parked along side the road a little ways down from Brad's house as they spied Kyler putting an envelope inside the mail box only to get back into his car to drive off. Sarah swatted a hand at Jasmine and both girls slid down in their seats so as not to be seen by Kyler as he drove by. Once Sarah was sure that he was gone, she gave a light tap to Jasmine's shoulder and slid up again, her eyesight taking on the mail box.

"Maybe we should split up, you can take my car and follow Kyler. We need to know where the hell he has been all this time. I can go and see what's in that envelope."

"Wait, Sarah, you can't do that. If you open that envelope and it's addressed to Brad's parents, that's a felony." Jasmine looked at her.

"So? Who cares, no one will know. It doesn't even look like anyone is home. I'll just look through it and then put it back in the mail box. You need to hurry and take my car before Kyler's trail runs cold." Sarah goes to open the door.

"Wait!" Jasmine grab's Sarah's shoulder. "There's a man." Jasmine's eyes widened as she slouched in her seat but stayed up just enough to see what was happening.

Sarah turned to see a man in a pair of black boots, a light brown trench coat with a matching hat and a pair of sunglasses, who ever it was did not want to be identified. "Uh oh..." She slouched down in the same manner as Jasmine.

The man had parked in a rented black cadillac which had been parked along side the street across from what use to be Brad's house that now only belonged to his parents. He walked up to the mail box and opened it, taking the folder back out, he looked at it and shook his head before looking down the street and then he closed the mail box.

"This is why people should put locks of them." Sarah mumbled.

The man turned around, his face half shadowed by the hat and he walked back to the rented vehicle, climbing in and he started off down the road in the direction that Kyler had drove off in.

"Hurry! Follow him!" Jasmine lightly patted at Sarah's shoulder.

"Okay, okay! This is probably stupid of us." Sarah sat up and started her car, driving around in the middle of the street in the red mustang that had been inherited to her by Brad's parents and she started driving after the man. "Who knows what kind of trouble we are going to get ourselves into."

Miracle walked down the street, part of him wanting to call Cody to pick him up or maybe Jaemin but then part of him just wanted to walk but then he came upon the alley where he would just stop. He stared at it, remembering how Brad had drove him into the alley, how much of a jerk he had been. How he had tried to black mail him and then the way Brad had just left him there. He didn't know why but he felt sorry for doing that, part of him just felt like the black mail was the very thing that got him killed.

A deep breath was taken as he stared at the alley and then turned to look at the street, watching a black cadillac drive by only to have a familiar red mustang pull up along side the road. If he knew Brad weren't dead, he would swear that it was him. Still it felt odd that the car would show up, especially at this alley.

Sarah rolled down the window and stuck her head out. "Get the hell in, no time to explain or we're going to lose the guy!"

Miracle's eyebrows lifted and he quickly climbed into the back seat and shut the door. "You're chasing the cadillac?"

Sarah drove on. "We found Kyler, he stuck an envelope in the mail box at Brad's house. Well he took off before we could catch him. I was going to check out the envelope..."

"Does she know that's a felony?" Miracle lifted a single brow.

"Yeah, we covered that." Jasmine nodded.

"Okay guys, on with the story." Sarah shook her head. "So this guy in this car shows up after Kyler leaves and steals the envelope back so I'm following him. I need your help because I can't run."

"Why not?" Miracle asked.

"Because someone waited until I was at the top of the pyramid at the pep rally today to shoot an arrow at my leg and knock it all down and I have a feeling Melanie was behind it. I wouldn't be surprised." Sarah turned around the corner, trying to keep up with the car but keep enough distance as to not be obvious.

Sarah watched the black cadillac pull into a parking garage at a local high end hotel. "Okay, I can get us there but it's up to you and Jasmine to follow him, I'll only slow you down." Sarah followed him into the parking garage and pulled into a space two cars down from him. "Go."

Jasmine nodded as she and Miracle climbed out of the car, seeing the mysterious trench coat wearing man and started to follow after him, making sure to keep a distance because this wasn't much different than following someone in a car.

They followed Eric quietly, Miracle felt like he was in some sort of of spy movie and watched the man press the button to the elevator and that was when Miracle grabbed Jasmine by the arm and ducked down by the nearest car, watching him. "Okay, turn your phone on vibrate, I'll call you and tell you what floor the elevator stops on, follow him from there and we'll meet up once you find his room."

Jasmine nodded, grabbing her phone and she moved around the car and casually walked towards the stairwell, hoping the man would believe that she believed it was simply faster all the while she worked on switching her phone to vibrate. About the time she pushed the door to the stairwell open, the elevator chimed and the man stepped into it and the doors slid shut.

Miracle watched this and then dialed Jasmine's number, only a single ring would occur before he heard the jumpy girl answer in such anticipation. "Hello?!"

"Start going up." Miracle said, seeing the numbers lighting up, signaling that the elevator was going up.

"Okay." Jasmine nodded and started going up the stairs while Miracle kept an eye on the lights of the elevator.

"It stopped on the tenth floor." Miracle then ran around the car and made his way into the stairwell and ran up the flights of stairs as fast as he could to catch up with Jasmine.

Jasmine stopped at the tenth floor and looked out the small squared window at the door to watch the mysterious man walk down the hall, seeing him stop at a room a little ways down, the man swiped his card and then entered his room and shut the door behind him. She turned around and looked down the stairs. "Are you coming?"

"I'm on my way." Miracle hung up only to stop for a moment to catch a text from Jaemin who was wondering where he was and seemed rather urgent about getting to Ohio. A sigh escaped and he sent a text back to tell him that he couldn't make it, to take someone else with him. He then made his way up to the tenth floor, catching sight of Jasmine.

"Finally." Jasmine tucked her phone away and walked out into the hall, pointing out the room. "He went in there. Question is, how do we approach him?"

"If it were morning, you could pose as a maid. Unfortunately that isn't the case. Maybe room service is delivered to the wrong room? Or if we get lucky, it goes to the right room, even if the order is wrong." Miracle rubbed at his chin.

"Wait..." Jasmine looked thoughtful. "He obviously has ties to that family. What if he doesn't know Brad is dead? You could be Brad."

Miracle almost wanted to laugh at that. "Yeah and how do we know that he don't know that Brad's dead?" He looked at her. "We got three chances to crack him, if I did that, I'd be exposed and then you and Sarah would be like the two life lines left and he would probably still be suspicious even then."

"What about being Brian? Maybe hanging at the house when he stole the mail." Jasmine was grasping at straws.

"If he doesn't know Brian is still in jail." Miracle paused. "He would have to be a cop to know that, unless he otherwise visited him, he wouldn't have to bail himself out, he's surrounded by people with money."

"Yeah but if he has ties to the family, how do we know that he doesn't know what they look like?" Jasmine questioned.

The elevator doors slid open and Sarah came hobbling out with her crutches. "For real? I've done made it up here and you two still don't have a plan? Or did you just out right lose the guy?"

Jasmine looked at Sarah. "No, he's in that room right there. We're just trying to figure out how to approach him. So far impersonating Brad or Brian is a fifty percent success rate for so many reasons because we don't know how this guy relates to Brad's family and if he even knows what they look like."

"Jasmine could always throw on my hoodie and luckily, I have my sun glasses on me from earlier today! I might not be able to play tennis right now but at least I can still watch it! And she can pretend to be Melanie and say she knows Brian so that way if he gets pissed off he can go after the real Melanie!" Sarah said in a perky tone. "Just wear the disguise and hold your head low."

Jasmine frowned. "Sarah, that's awful. Really? Don't stoop to her level."

Sarah sighed. "Fine. You got any better ideas?" She looked at Miracle.

"I would..." Miracle said as he felt his phone vibrate. "If my phone would leave me alone." He reached down to tug his phone out, seeing Jaemin had texted him again, basically asking him for advice on who to take to Ohio instead of Miracle.

"Oh shi..." Sarah's eyes widened as the man came out of the room, no longer in disguise but he was handsome, a business man or so he appeared to be but she didn't really get the chance to check him out as she was shoved by Jasmine into the electrical room. "Mirac!"

Jasmine covered Sarah's mouth and shut the door. "Shhh!" She looked around. "You don't think we could get electrocuted in here, do you?"

Sarah chokes on her own breath and nearly coughs before looking around. "No, otherwise they wouldn't make this a room." She sighed. "Maybe he didn't notice us down Brad's street or that we followed him or that we picked up Miracle."

"Take Robin or Cody." Miracle paused. "Or better yet, take Sterling, I want to see how that turns out." He whispered as he typed and managed to send the text before turning around to nearly bump into the man.

"Oh! Sorry." The man stopped and looked at Miracle.

"Oh my god..." Miracle's eyes widened as he fell back against the wall. "Eric...as in Australia Hotel Eric...as in homewrecked engaged Eric...." He was the one stealing mail out of Brad's families mail box? Him?!

"Something is happening." Sarah whispered as she and Jasmine pressed their ears to the door, trying to listen in.

A grin slowly appeared on Eric's face, amused by such a chance. "Of all the people in the world ... I find you. What are the chances of that?"

Miracle stared at him. "Uh...who knows? I could of asked Miss Cleo but ... well she was a fraud. Look I am so sorry for homewrecking your engagement. There are a lot of things that you don't understand about me. You probably should of never met me to begin with."

Eric moved closer and pressed a hand to the wall next to Miracle's head and laughed a little. "You thought I was really mad? Miracle, hard name to forget, and it comes with a face that's just as hard to forget. That engagement? It was a sham. I knew who that woman was and I knew why she was with me, she was digging."

"Gold digging.?" Miracle asked in such a small and quiet tone.

Eric grinned and nodded. "I guess you could call it that since what she was looking for was as valuable to her as gold would be."

Miracle looked puzzled. "So why were you stealing the mail?"

"The mail?" Eric's eyebrows lifted, appearing amused. "So were you the car driving away or were you with the two girls attempting to be professionals?"

Sarah's eyes narrowed. "I am good at it."

Jasmine swatted Sarah in the arm. "Not when you make noise." She gritted her teeth.

Miracle stared at him and tilted his head to the side. "I'm not going to say. Just that I didn't put the mail there, I don't know what's in it but I want to know."

Eric grinned. "Why?"

"Because, I had an affair with their son and he was murdered not to long ago, coincidentally not long after I blackmailed him, he stole it back and then had his friends rape me and helped them beat me up." Miracle's eyes shifted downward.

Sarah slid down to sit on the floor, the story was still bothersome to her and she knew it would be for quite a while.

"Blackmail? A bad boy are you? Playing games above your head. That's what got you burned, you know that, right?" Eric moved closer.

"Won't happen again." Miracle looked up at him. "And I could do the same thing to you."

Eric shook his head, a small form of a laugh escaped. "I'm way to smart for a child to get any dirt on me."

"Is that so?" Miracle grinned. "Then why don't we go ... get some drinks and you can tell me all about how you would evade me ever so easily."

"So your girlfriends can break into my room, steal the envelope? Not a chance."

Miracle frowned, looked angry even. "Then we're wasteing our time here." He attempted to walk around Eric only to have Eric's other arm move up and a palm pressed to the wall on the other side of his head.

Eric's body moved to close the distance. "I don't think I want to let you leave. There is an opportunity here that ... I'm not quite sure what I want to do with."

Miracle grinned and lifted a hand, snapping his fingers. "And just like that, my girlfriends, as you so put it, got you for kidnap. If you go through with it, that is."

"It's only kidnap if it's against your will. And you've stayed this long, haven't called for help." Eric's face leaned in closer. "Are you really so sure that ... you want to leave?"

Miracle stared at him and could swear that he could not only feel but also hear his heart pounding in his chest as he stared at Eric and he slowly shook his head. "I'm not sure." He stared into the older man's eyes. "It's happening again, the moment when I lose all sense and control and I just ache for the pleasure, the high."

"Like a drug?" Eric grinned and laid kisses along Miracle's jawline, whispering into his ear. "Don't fight it, you can't fight it. You will regret it if you do." He then started trailing kisses down the boys neck.

Miracle's breath grew heavy and his hands wrapped around Eric's wrists only to soon find one jerked away from him as Eric swung an arm around his waist and picked him up, swinging him around and away from the wall and guided him into his hotel suite.

Sarah slowly opened the door, carefully looking out to make sure the coast was clear. "What in the hell was that?" She moved out of the electrical room and turned to look at Jasmine.

Jasmine stepped out behind Sarah and looked towards the room that Miracle and Eric had disappeared into. "I think that was ... a classic case of Miracle." She thought it over, not really knowing how to describe it. "Well ... being Miracle."

Sarah frowned. "Well maybe after he gets his 'addiction' satisfied, he'll at least snag the envelope." She did quotations with her fingers when she quoted Miracle's addiction.

Sterling came upon the scene at Miracle's house, seeing police cars everywhere and decided it would be better to park a long side the road across the street, seeing Martha, Erica and Jaemin standing outside since yellow tape had been strung around the entire house, making it a crime scene.

"I'm cold! They couldn't even let me get dressed!" Erica folded her arms, only in a white tank top and some skimpy black shorts.

"That's why I hid in the bed room and prepared for it." Jaemin said and looked over at Sterling as he walked over.

"What the hell happened?" Sterling asked. "I swear we deal with cops, might aswell make a show and call it chaos and law because there is never any order."

Jaemin laughed. "Yeah, I wouldn't be laughing if anyone died but uh...there was a drive by." Jaemin wrapped an arm around Sterling's shoulders and guided him away from the scene. "Can't even get the car out of the drive way." He walked towards Sterling's car.

Sterling looked down and walked with Jaemin. "So what is the deal?"

Jaemin sighed. "Everyone is clueless as to why this happened." Jaemin leaned against Sterling's car and looked at him. "This is why I have a plan, something only Melanie knows about." He paused and held a hand up. "Going to go ahead and answer all of your questions. Yes the plan involves Miracle, yes it's evil."

Jaemin held out a hand. "On the surface. No it's nothing Miracle did, yes it involves my past which is why I need to fix it and the only way to do that is tragically tragic. And no I don't know where Miracle is, all he has said is that he can't come with me to Ohio to find my Mother and he suggested that we go together. I know it's hard to believe but I actually think it might be a good idea, I want us to try and find a common ground. Why am I holding the plan off? Because I need someone to help me and Melanie is trying to get that someone on board and that part of the plan is evil too but overall it's for the greater good."

Sterling stared at Jaemin. "Okay, all I got out of that is that you and Melanie are doing something very evil for the greater good and that's basically saying the end justifies the means."

Jaemin sighed. "I'm sorry it's that way but it is. Honestly Craig started the mess because he did something so incredibly great for me and I'll forever be gratetful to him but these innocent people don't deserve to be in the crossfires of his mess. Erica, Martha and Hunter could of died because of what he did." Jaemin shook his head. "Could you just come with me, please? It's time that everything get's settled."

Sterling thought about it for several moments and then shook his head. "Fine but don't make me regret it." He tossed his duffle bag into the back and climbed into the driver side. "Get in." He said and waited for Jaemin to jump in shot gun before taking off down the street.

Melanie walked into the visiting area, all dressed up in a leopard print silk halter top dress and a big fluffy zebra print fur coat that draped down to the back of her knees, it was especially fluffy around the neck and over the shoulders, her hair was pulled up and pinned beauty queen style and her make up was just as flawless as the rest of her ensemble with those perfect red lips, those glittery sparkling light purple eyelids lined with just the right amount of eyeliner. Had she over done it? For a prison visit? You bet she did, but that was her point. She had prisoners dropping their phones and wives and girlfriends watching on in jealousy as she stole the attention of their felony fellows.

"Brian!" She smiled and pulled out the seat with a hand covered in a white glittery glove and sat down, grabbing the phone. "It's been a long time."

Brian looked at her after picking up the phone. "Did you have to do that?"

Melanie laughed. "Of course I did. I had to look beautiful for everyone." She looked around. "I love you all!" She made a few kissing noises and then looked at Brian. "Besides, it's a special day, I plan to get you out of here but...only if you agree to help me and Jaemin and you agree to forgive me."

"Forgive you? Why in the hell would I do that?" Brian shook his head at her.

"Because I destroyed Sterling and Miracle forever. I even got Sterling sent to jail. I tried to pitch it that you never stole my medicine, that Sterling threatened me into it. I really tried to exchange you but the cops wouldn't buy it so they threw him in and just ... kept you. Ask Kevin, ask Jaemin, they will all tell you I did."

Brian sighed. "Okay, so how do I get out of here?"

"Well for one, you don't incriminate Kevin, ever." She shook her head. "You request a meeting with me in attendance and you ask for your freedom in exchange for information in the rape and ask for immunity for that crime, then you turn Danny and Ryan in, just tell them how Brad orchestrated it all, so long as you leave Kevin out of it."

Melanie paused, thoughtfully. "And tell them that you have a lead on Brad's murder, tell them how that Kyler guy disappeared off the face of the earth after Brad died. If they don't agree to grant you immediate freedom and immunity for the rape, refuse to tell them any of the information that you have."

Brian thought it over and nodded, not really having much to say, jail pretty much killed a person's spirits. "Okay, I'll have the request for meeting made for tomorrow with you there as my emotional support and then I'll call you to let you know the time."

Melanie nodded and smiled. "See? Simple!" She slammed the phone on the receiver in excitement and stood up and started skipping towards the door. "Bye all you lovely fellons! To bad your bitches don't look as good as meee!" She laughed as she disappeared through the door, knowing she'd need to get away before a parking lot brawl ensued.

Sarah pulled her head away from the door and sighed. "The noises stopped half an hour ago, I only hear a television. Shouldn't he of gotten out by now? I don't even hear talking."

Jasmine stood several feet away. "That's probably because he hears your talking and won't let Miracle escape. He's probably a hostage now." Jasmine bit at her finger nails, ruining the pedicure that Jaemin had gotten for her, it was an old habit.

Sarah nervously took a breath and walked away from the door. "What if we did something bad? Jasmine, I'm scared. What if this is way above our heads? I've never been involved in something like this before."

Jasmine pulled her hand away. "I think I know where we can get some help." A smile appeared. "Some holy help."

Sarah stared at her. "Oh we really need Jesus right about now."

"Come on!" Jasmine nodded and walked towards the elevator, slowing down to keep at Sarah's pace with her injury slowing her down. Jasmine pressed the button and soon stepped into the elevator, pressing the button for the level that they parked on.

"Maybe we should just call the police on him?" Sarah said.

"Yeah? Then Miracle will really be a hostage, you know how that works." Jasmine took her phone out. "Besides, my phone died so unless you have yours..."

Sarah checked and shook her head. "I must of left it in the car." The elevator doors slid open and Sarah hobbled her way down to where her car was, Jasmine in tow as she unlocked the car with the key remote.

Jasmine climbed into the passenger side and looked around. "I don't even see your phone in here Sarah."

"What?" Sarah looked around once she was inside and then checked the glove compartment. "There it is." She looked down at it. "Sure we shouldn't call the cops?"

Jasmine shook her head. "Not sure but I think we should make it a last ditch effort because if we piss this guy off, he could take Miracle as a hostage. Really I just want to see if he is okay right now."

Sarah nodded and looked down at the phone. "I don't have to call Robin, do I?" She cringed at the idea.

"Well shes part of the idea. These door knockers come in two's. Call Cody, he will know that and get her on board." Jasmine gave a single nod to the phone.

Sarah shook her head and pressed her finger to Cody's name and put the phone to her ear.

"Hello?" Cody grabbed his phone and then watched his Father, sitting in the back row, he managed to sneak out of the weekly service and out into the foyer of the church. "Sarah, what is it?"

"Church night?" Sarah grinned, hearing the loud preaching in the background.

"Yeah, kind of is."

"Well look, something bad has happened. Probably better that I explain it to you here so you can hurry up and get out of there. This is urgent like Miracle in danger, conspiracy theory urgent." Sarah shook her head.

"Woah, okay. I'll just GPS you and be there in a flash."

"Okay." Sarah pulled the phone away and hung up. "He's on his way, in the mean time, while he is GPSing me, I should be GPSing Miracle in case he's moved." She then starts tapping at her phone again.

"Good idea." Jasmine sighed. "I wish we had never done this."

Sterling finally made it onto the interstate as they made way for Ohio and took a deep breath. "So where do we really begin, Jae? You know that Miracle stopped by my place, don't you? The conversation started out just the same, not knowing how to start." He shook his head. "Don't worry, nothing happened."

"Is that why he kept saying he couldn't come?" Jaemin asked.

"He said that to you? Well it wasn't with me. He didn't get any texts and phone calls so that had to be after he left."

"Oh." Jaemin nodded and looked out the window. "Well I can agree, this is awkward too. I don't know why, it was so easy to talk to you at the hospital."

"That's because you were being mean. And that seems to be the only way you know how to be to people that you don't love, I don't think you know how to be a friend."

"I'm Melanie's friend." Jaemin responded.

"You're Melanie's partner." Sterling paused. "Tell me, what is your relationship with Melanie like? Do you two ever hang out? Do you actually just hang out with anyone, aside from Miracle?"

Jaemin thought about it and looked at Sterling. "No."

"See, you don't know how to be a friend. You and Melanie just use eachother. Just in the way Melanie used you to hurt Sarah." Sterling looked at Jaemin. "That was Melanie's idea and your doing, right? Don't worry, I won't tell."

"Yeah and that's how our relationship is, we need the other, we call, plan it out and hang up." He frowned and then shrugged. "So I don't know how to be a friend."

Sterling shook his head. "Well we're supposed to be making this work, I think that is what Miracle intended. When he came to visit, I told him that I thought you were very good to him, I've only seen you two together so little but that little time has spoke so many volumes."

"Really? You told him that?" Jaemin looked surprised.

"Yeah and I also told him that I was not putting myself on the line anymore." He looked at Jaemin. "Do you remember the day you first walked into school? Miracle asked me if it was possible to love someone and then love someone else just because of how they looked. I'm not a psychologist but to me I think it was his way of justifying that he was drawn to you too and had been all along. So no, I don't feel like I lost a game, I just feel like he did what he was going to do anyway."

"I'm really sorry Sterling." Jaemin looked down. "I just ... I had to be with him and I know there is no excuse for hurting you or helping Melanie frame you or any of it. I was just scared that if I didn't that he would never love me."

"Well now you know he probably would of if we had just let him act on his own." Sterling's hands tightened on the wheel briefly. "You know he's sick, right? His world, how he views it, it's twisted?"

"I know all that, he told the story, about David, about what he had done. I know Miracle is hurt." Jaemin looked down and shook his head. "I can't call him sick though, I just can't."

"Yeah." Sterling nodded and looked out to the road ahead of them and took a deep breath, watching all the signs that went by as the car speeded further away, leaving New York City behind. "He's special though, really special." He looked down briefly, tears forming. "I still love him but I can't fight for what's not there."

Jaemin looked up at Sterling and stared at him and then hesitantly reached over to touch his shoulder. "You're a good guy. If Miracle wouldn't be with me then I would want him to be with you beyond anyone else." He slowly pulled his hand away.

"Thanks." Sterling shook his head and recomposed himself. "So is it safe to tell Miracle that we're okay now?"

Jaemin smiled, a genuine smile and he nodded. "I think it is."

Sterling smiled. "I just want the situation to be good."

"It will be." Jaemin nodded.

Cody pulled up and into the now empty space beside Sarah's car and Robin climbed out of the passenger side as Cody moved around to the passenger side, closing the distance between himself and Robin. Sarah saw their arrival and pushed the button to roll down the window.

"So what is going on?" Cody asked.

"Okay, short version? We found Kyler, he stuck something in dead Brad's mail box and drove away. Some other man stole it back and we followedd him, along the way we spotted Miracle, picked him up and followed the man to the hotel. Jasmine and Miracle followed the man and found out what room he was in. Well I managed to hobble my way up there in time because they couldn't come up with a story, the man comes back out without his disguise, me and Jasmine hide in time but he gets Miracle. They seem to know each other and he takes Miracle into his room. They do the dirty because I heard it and then Miracle goes dead quiet and never comes out, neither does the man and all you hear is the television, no talking between them, nothing."

Jasmine stared at Sarah. "That wasn't short."

Sarah sighed. "Could I get any shorter than that?"

Cody's eyes widened. "So what do you want us to do? We got to save him some how?"

"Do we? He went in with the guy." Robin said.

Cody looked at Robin. "He could have been tricked!"

Jasmine narrowed her eyes. "Look! Just pretend to be those door to door people. You got a bible in your car? Act like you're giving them out and that is your last one."

Robin rolled her eyes. "Real smart, hotels come with bibles."

Sarah narrowed her eyes at Robin. "Say it's a special edition."

Jasmine leaned over. "And besides, the guests can't leave with those bibles, unless they steal them but if they care enough about them to want to take them home then they must care about the laws of the Lord. So, Robin...real smart!"

Cody turned around and opened his car door, finding his bible in the glove compartment and then shut the door. "Here it is."

Sarah looked at Jasmine. "You're going to have to go with them, show them the room."

"Fine." Jasmine nodded and climbed out of Sarah's car and nodded for Robin and Cody to follow her and they did as she headed for the elevator and pressed the button, once the doors slid open, the trio boarded it and Jasmine hit the tenth floor button.

"Here's a fun question. If this elevator suddenly collapsed and you were at the top of the building with one digital recorder and you were on your way to going splat, what is the one thing you would say into the recorder? Mind you we would all three have to take turns."

Robin looked at Cody. "You're trying to make this fun, Jasmine turned herself into Latino Barbie to be a part of them."

Cody stared at Robin. "What's wrong with taking care of yourself?"

"All I did was get my hair fixed and bought some nicer clothes." Jasmine glared at Robin.

Robin rolled her eyes and looked away.

"And if you haven't noticed, I hang out with Sarah more than anything. Is Sarah bad? What does she do? She is a nurse, she helps people, she plays tennis and she's a cheerleader, she supports the school's image. You can't condemn her for the people she surrounds herself with. She only did it for Brad because he was seemingly decent to her before we all found out he was a total jerk anytime she wasn't around and now I think she only stays for me and partly because of Miracle because she is finding forgiveness."

"Well good luck for her." Robin frowned.

"Both of you just stop." Cody leaned back and closed his eyes before the elevator chimed and the doors slid open.

"Here." Jasmine pointed out the room. "That door right there."

Cody nodded and stepped off the elevator with Robin and they headed for the door, both looking at Jasmine over their shoulders.

"Good luck." Jasmine smiled and waved a hand, mostly in sarcasm to Robin as the doors to the elevator slid shut and she went right back down.

Cody sighed and looked at Robin. "Are you ready?"

Robin shook her head. "You should join the drama club." Then she knocked on the door. What awaited them on the other side?

Copyright © 2014 x Trevor x; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Eric from Australia! I remember him! What the heck is he doing in the city? And what does he know about Brad's family? Hmm, the plot thickens.

 

I actually like the Sterling/Jaemin "friendship". I think that will work out, especially since Jae now knows that Sterling isn't after Miracle.

 

Ok, on to the next chapter! :)

Link to comment
On 11/24/2013 06:11 PM, Lisa said:
Eric from Australia! I remember him! What the heck is he doing in the city? And what does he know about Brad's family? Hmm, the plot thickens.

 

I actually like the Sterling/Jaemin "friendship". I think that will work out, especially since Jae now knows that Sterling isn't after Miracle.

 

Ok, on to the next chapter! :)

Lmao this idea actually came out of no where. I was thinking about it and my mind drifted to the first two chapters and I was like "Hmm Eric was such a small and insignificant looking character." And then an idea just came to life! It was awesome, I was so excited to spring that to the readers! It's going to get really good, I promise you that!

 

And I am really glad you enjoyed the Jaemin/Sterling bonding. With Miracle helping out Jasmine and Sarah, I was trying to think of who he would suggest to replace him for the trip and Sterling seemed like the perfect match to me. And yes it does seem that without the rivalry they seem to find a common ground. You never know though, when little insignificant "Erics" pop up, just about anything can happen!

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..