Jump to content
    x Trevor x
  • Author
  • 7,706 Words
  • 1,316 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Like a Train Wreck - 22. Chapter 22: Destined To Be A Murderer

Miracle sat at his desk, fingers tapping against the surface and he frowned as he stared out the window. He didn't know why but he couldn't stand moments like this, the slow moments, the times when the rush stopped, even the dangers of last night that he hardly remembered, he was sure that he would have gotten some twisted excitement out of the thrill. The thing about that, the horrible thing about it, was that it got Sarah killed and in a way it was his fault, he willingly went into that room and that choice made everything that followed, happen.

"I want to leave." Miracle said, everyone turned to look at him but he refused to look at anyone else, his gaze remained fixated on a single point that he wasn't really sure of or paying all that much attention to.

"Miracle? Are you okay?" Sterling asked, sitting at the desk next to him.

"No ... I want to leave." Miracle said, his voice breaking up.

Sterling looked over at the teacher. "Could you just give us a few? Outside in the hall?"

The teacher nodded, knowing everything that Miracle had gone through these past few months, in a way it had earned him an incredible amount of special treatment. "You should go with him." The teacher said. "Maybe take him to see..."

"If he isn't still mad at her." Sterling said and slid out of his desk and reached a hand out to Miracle. "Come with me?"

"I want to go into the blue...and just go deeper and deeper." Miracle stared up at the sky. "There is no end...it doesn't end."

Sterling leaned down and shook his head. "Miracle, don't go to that place again, please?" He took Miracle's hand. "You have to much to be grateful for."

Miracle pulled his gaze away from the window when he felt Sterling take his hand, it was as if he had been brought back to reality, at least part of him had been. He stood up and walked out into the hall with Sterling who closed the door behind them. Miracle leaned back against the wall and looked down.

"Is this about Sarah?" Sterling asked.

"It probably should be." Miracle reached up towards his throat that was beginning to hurt as heavy breaths escaped. "I don't know where it's coming from."

"I don't know how to help you then ... and that hurts me so much, I hope you realize that." He leaned a shoulder against the wall next to Miracle.

"It's just a mood, probably part of whatever yet to be named disorder I have, or disorders if it's more than one." Miracle looked at the floor and started sliding the bottom of his shoe back and forth across the tiles. "It'll pass."

"Miracle, do you think it's possible that you were taken by the black market?"

Miracle looked up with a weird face. "Huh?"

"Like maybe they posed as an adoption agency and maybe that David guy bought you and that you weren't put into the legal system until he got caught and arrested." Sterling explained.

"Is that what Jaemin thinks?" Miracle thought about it. "I don't know, it could make sense. I mean why adopt out to a guy like David? Not that I know that much about him but I don't think they would see him as ideal. Normally they want...."

"Cookie cutter couple, maybe with a kid or kids already? And a dog optional?" Sterling smiled a little.

Miracle thought about it. "I'll have to do a little digging, talk to Mom and Erica."

"Don't talk to Martha." Sterling said abruptly. "Just talk to Erica, see if she remembers the name of the agency and then get Craig to check it out. He's probably more ... able to handle something like that."

Miracle nodded and looked down. "Right now I just need to let this emotion pass." He took a deep breath. "You can go back inside, I'll be fine." Miracle slid down to sit on the floor. "I'm just glad the school slid the day up, I'd hate to be upset when spring break actually does start."

Sterling nodded. "Yeah, well you should consider going and talking to...you know who. I mean it's not like the cops are harassing you anymore." Sterling shrugged and walked back into the class room.

Miracle watched the door close and then looked down the hall, the cold empty halls. It brought him back to that memory, to that time where he met Cody and he remembered what he had told him.

Flash Back

Miracle's eyes shifted downward. "Well, I'm above it all. To be so desired, you would think it would feel so good but when you realize how far people would go for you ... you kinda realize that it turns into a nightmare. And then you start to blame yourself and what's so twisted about it is that you wanted to be loved. You wished for it and now you feel like you're loved to much."

"That's really above you, to say you're loved to much. Most people couldn't get enough of it."

Miracle sighed and looked out of the window. "It's because ... I love so much myself. It's like a marry go round." He almost felt weak at the knees and out of breath, as if his stomach was sinking in on him. "You want love so badly but you want to give it back just as much and then one out weighs the other." Miracle's hands tightened around the wooden railing. "Have you ever felt this feeling, like you're caught in a frozen moment, as if life continues on but you are just frozen in time and everything just moves forward but you don't? Yet it doesn't hurt but then it does. You find peace in this moment because life just stops for you and for it all to just stop is like a god send because it all went to far."

Cody remained quiet, keeping the phone focused on Miracle.

"And you start to think to yourself that it might not even matter, like the finger prints you leave behind, ten years from now, no one will even know, no one will even see that you were there, that you left those finger prints there. And you start to wonder if any of it really matters. You start to wonder if everything that is happening now will all just end up being a distant memory anyway. And then, it makes you question why you even bother to try so hard. Who are these people? Will they even matter a few years from now? Will they even be a part of your life? Will everything you're going through even surpass high school? Most things don't. And then in those quiet moments when you find yourself in an empty hallway, you get a chance to experience what it's like to not be a part of it. You see the coldness of it all, the barren and cold loneliness because everyone is in class and everything is quiet and it all seems ... empty and you realize one day if you ever came back, you wouldn't matter to anyone."

Flash Back End

Miracle thought about how true that seemed right now, how he was there, how he could leave and the doors could burst open one second after and people would just go on without even realizing he had been there, how Sterling might not even stop for just a second to wonder where he was. Maybe it was silly to waste his time thinking about it. Maybe it was silly to even care about a concept like this.

Then, he started to look at it from a different perspective, imagining that he was sitting there and it was years later and he was in the empty hall because he didn't belong in any of the rooms because he was supposed to be gone but he couldn't be gone because like the memory that had played in his head, he was frozen in the moment, stuck in a past where he didn't belong but unable to move on towards a future in which he couldn't see because there might not be anyone there.

"This is turning into a tongue twister for the mind." Miracle shook his head and stood up before turning around and he pressed his thumb to the wall. "Finger print." He mumbled and then grinned before shaking his head and then he walked off down the hall knowing that no one would see it.

Melanie sat in her class and rolled her eyes as the teacher tried to entertain them or rather pass the time on the last day with stories of her life. "Seriously...if they didn't know what to do with us, they shouldn't of extended it a day." She said as she twirled her hair and then lightly kicked Jasmine's foot from behind her.

Jasmine felt the light kick and turned around to look at Melanie and grinned. "What is it?"

"I want to get Robin plastered tonight, bitch needs a hang over." Melanie grinned and then laughed.

Jasmine made a weird face. "Girl, you know we are going to have to kidnap her just to get her beside the club right? And then we're going to have to drag her by the hair to get her into the place and then she would probably call the police on us."

Melanie laughed at the picture Jasmine was planting into her head.

"Ladies! Something you want to share with the class?" The Teacher and the rest of the class looked at them.

"It's probably better than your story. Where did you leave off? I got sleepy at the learning how to pitch a tent part."

"I think that was the beginning." Jasmine said.

The Teacher frowned. "You know what? I am tired of taking your disrespect!" She said, the woman standing up from the chair.

"I'm not disrespecting you." Melanie sat upright in her desk. "I just think there is an easier way to pitch a tent." She looks over at Kevin. "Want to tell her how I pitch your tent?"

Kevin looked over at Melanie and cracked a lop sided grin as everyone laughed. "Doesn't take long, Missy Teacher." He looks at the woman.

"That's it! Get out!" The Teacher pointed at the door.

"I'll make sure my Dad expires your discount card." Melanie grinned and grabbed her purse and stood up. "Can you kick Jasmine and Kev out too? I need my stars with me!"

"All three of you can leave! Get out of my sight! Jasmine ... I am so disappointed, you were such a good student."

Jasmine stood up. "Yeah, maybe so but that was before I became a person."

Melanie nodded. "That's right, she became somebody. Her face? You notice, like you notice mine." Melanie threw an arm over Jasmine's shoulders and walked out, Kevin following after them.

"So, what are we going to do now?" Kevin asked, letting the door to the class room fall shut.

"We are going to go class crashing." Melanie grinned and started walking down the hallway. "And then cause as much hell on these people that we possibly can because they can't do anything about it!"

Jasmine walked along side them. "Are you sure they can't? I mean what if they call the cops on us?"

"They can't unless we have done something illegal to them." Melanie shook her head and stopped at a class room, looking inside to where she saw Sterling. "Uh....Miracle said he's part of the group but then he hates me so like...I don't know how this works."

"Stand back." Jasmine said.

Melanie turned around and her eyes widened at the sight of Jasmine.

Kevin looked at Jasmine. "Oh shit." He stepped aside.

"That is going to be illegal..." Melanie covers her mouth and steps aside.

"But worth it." Jasmine grins.

Sterling turns around at the sound of shattering glass and everyone stands up, the teacher and all turned their attention to the door to find a fire extinguisher landing on the floor.

Melanie didn't know whether to start laughing or what, this was very bold of Jasmine. She just stared at the sight, a surprised yet shocked grin hiding behind her hand.

Jasmine steps forward and turns her body to the side as she karate kicks the door and it flies open and then she walks in and picks up the fire extinguisher. "Who wants to get messy?"

Kevin starts laughing his ass off. "Oh my fucking god! Jasmine has just made the world record of this school year!"

Melanie lowers her hand. "I better go steal the phone!" Melanie grabs her stomach, laughing as she runs in and prances along the wall, hoping the teacher doesn't notice her.

"Jasmine?" Sterling looks at her.

"Hey, Sterling, we're getting the group together!" She grins.

"Jasmine, you need to put that down, right now! You have gone beyond! Beyond..." The teacher didn't even have words for it.

Melanie yanked the phone cord out of the wall and threw the phone at the window, smashing the window as the phone fell from the second story and onto the ground.

"Oh shit!" Kevin walked in and laughed.

"Gone beyond what, Mr. Thomas? Beyond this school's sanity level?" Jasmine walks closer to him and teasingly sprays the fire extinguisher at him.

"Hey!" Mr. Thomas yelled at Melanie before his attention turned towards Jasmine who was his primary concern. "Look, I don't want to have to call the police here in a hostile manner."

"I can't get his cell phone! Spray him, Jasmine! We got to pull a Harry Houdini!" Melanie said.

"I am so not hanging out with you guys right now." Sterling shook his head.

Jasmine grinned, making jabbing motions with her hands and feet as if she were about to come and get them, not letting them know when or if she was going to pull a real fire extinguisher assault until finally she lunged closer to the teacher and let loose on the spray, wildly spraying him with the contents of it before throwing the extinguisher to the side.

"Run!" Jasmine said while the teacher and several of the students were temporarily blinded by her attack. She turned around and grabbed hold of Melanie's hand and the two girls shoved Kevin out of the class room.

"Abracadabra!" Melanie screamed and pulled the fire alarm, the doors flying open as the hall flooded with students and there it came, Melanie's Harry Houdini!

Miracle had been standing outside the office for a while, contemplating whether or not he should give Miss Carter a chance and by the time he had decided to do it, gotten into her office and the two were ready to sit down, well first he noticed the phone that fell down because he saw it through the window and then the fire alarm went off not long after.

"What is going on? This doesn't seem right. I told you I saw a phone. Look out the window." Miracle moved away from the window.

Miss Carter moved around him and looked out the window to see a standard class room phone laying in the grass and then she turned around. "I don't know, we need to find out what is going on." She said and moved to the door, opening it as she walked outside into the receptionists area.

"Where is Miracle? Page Miracle. I have to find Miracle, now!" Jaemin stared at the receptionist with the biggest eyes he's ever displayed.

"Jae, I'm right here." Miracle walked out of Miss Carters office.

Jaemin turned away from the receptionist and rushed over to Miracle, pulling him close, hugging him tightly. "I got worried, especially after last night."

Miracle closed his eyes, finding comfort in the closeness. "Yeah." He smiled a little and then pulled back. "It's weird, I saw a phone literally fall from the sky, it fell right past the window and then the fire alarm goes off."

Jaemin makes a face. "Someones pulled a prank, no doubt, but to go into a class room and throw a phone out of the window? How could someone do that? Unless it's an attack or a really..."

"A really bold jokester." Miracle finished his sentence and smiled. "I like that."

"Exactly what I was going to say." Jaemin smiled and nodded.

Melanie and Jasmine stopped at Miss Carters window and could see Jaemin and Miracle.

"There they are!" Melanie said and started beating on the window with her fist. "Escape!" She screamed.

"Hide." Jasmine picked up the phone Melanie had thrown out.

"Oh no, that is to close to the office! And I can't pull another escape if you do that!" Melanie shook her head at Jasmine. "There are limits girl, limits!"

"Oh fine." Jasmine rolled her eyes and let her arms drop. "Maybe I ate to much sugar this morning."

"I think I know someone did something." Jaemin whispered, glancing at the girls and then grasped Miracles shoulders and turned him around.

"She has the phone." Miracle said.

"They see us." Kevin said and then gestured with his hand for Jaemin and Miracle to come out. "Lets go hide by the trees."

"Give me that." Melanie yanked the phone away from Jasmine and chucked it behind some bushes and then took off into a run with her, Kevin already ahead of them. "Wait up, football star advantage cheater!" She collapsed near the trees and moved behind one of them.

"Not my fault you're slow." Kevin grinned.

"Say that again and I'll have Jasmine karate kick your tent down." Melanie playfully narrowed her eyes.

Jasmine sat down and let her head fall back, closing her eyes.

"What did you guys do?" Miracle looked at the three of them when he and Jaemin finally found them behind the trees, laid out like a bunch of hippies enjoying a day time high.

"It's not what we did, ask her." Melanie grinned and waved her hand at Jasmine. "Girl really showed what shes made of today. I'll never question her status, ever."

"Jasmine, what did you do?" Miracle asked her as Kevin started laughing again.

"Well Melanie wanted to go Class Crashing...and I just did it literally." Jasmine pushed herself up onto her elbows. "I threw a fire extinguisher through the glass part of the door and went in and sprayed the teacher with it. By the way this was the room Sterling was in, he didn't want to come with us either. I guess he didn't want to get in trouble. Anyway, Melanie stole the phone and broke the window when she threw it out."

"Then we all pulled a Harry Houdini when I pulled the fire alarm, the great escape." Melanie smiled.

Cody walked up to them and lifted his arms. "What the hell? The fire alarm went off and there are police here, they are pulling up at the front."

"What the fuck? No way." Melanie sat up.

Jaemin shook his head at Melanie and looked at Cody. "Short version, Jasmine threw a fire extinguisher through the door, broke in, kicked a teachers ass with it and Melanie pulled the fire alarm so they could escape. Now we got to smuggle them out of here."

Cody blinked and rubbed the back of his head. "Well Melanie could wear the raggedy wig for Jasmine that we bought for the movie."

"Got any other bright ideas?" Kevin sat up.

"I am not wearing that wig." Melanie frowned and pushed herself to stand up, dusting her clothes off. "What about the church club? Got any nun outfits or something? Do the girls practice being nuns?"

"That's a long shot Melanie." Jasmine stood up and looked around, moving further behind a tree.

"Yeah, no nun outfits, plus that would be kinda silly to see three nuns just come out of no where." Cody shook his head.

Kevin blinked. "Three nuns? You didn't just suggest me being a nun did you?" His eyes narrowed.

"You'd just be a big hunky nun." Melanie grinned.

"Lets go down the hill at least." Jaemin nodded forward and walked ahead of them as he grabbed onto trees and made his way down the steep hill that lead into a small ditch down below and then an opening to the tunnel system. "Wait..."

Miracle slid down the hill and fell against Jaemin who wrapped an arm around him and helped him down.

"We could go through the tunnels." Jaemin said.

Kevin helped Melanie and Jasmine slide down to the bottom as Cody started to go down.

"No! You stay up." Jaemin lifted a hand towards Cody. "Take the van and GPS us and we will call you and tell you where to pick us up, where we get out at."

"Okay." Cody nodded and turned around, running off to go get the van.

"I don't know Jasmine, what you did was cool but I don't know if the cause is worth the affect." Melanie sat down and looked up at the sky, a sigh escaped and she dug through her purse.

"I guess I didn't think about it." Jasmine frowned. "I'm sorry."

"No, that was kick ass. Don't apologize. We should have got our cars and took off, we could of met up with the gang later. This would have made awesome club talk." Kevin smiled.

"Yeah, we need to club tonight before Daddy ships me off to Fiji, I go every year. Love it, love it, love it!"

Jaemin looked at Melanie and frowned before he sat down. "Sounds like a really cool Dad."

Melanie looks over at Jaemin. "Yeah, he can be." She said and then she looked down.

Miracle looked between Jaemin and Melanie before leaning into Jaemin. "Visit with your Mom have you thinking about your Dad? Wouldn't she have told you who he is?"

Melanie gave Jaemin a look.

Jaemin stared at Melanie and shook his head. "No, she never said, she really never said." He looked down at Miracle and kissed the top of his head.

Kevin pulled the corvette into the parking lot of the club, Jasmine in the passenger seat while Cody and Robin took the back seat, yes it took great effort to get Robin to agree to this but once they convinced her of the innocence and unsinfulness of drinking soda and dancing, well she agreed to it then. Melanie's mercedes pulled up and parked beside Kevin, housing Miracle in the passenger seat and Jaemin in the back.

"They shouldn't find us here, but you do know we are fugitives right?" Melanie walked over to Jasmine and grinned, looping arms with her as the group gathered and waited for the light to change so that they could safely pass across the street to the club.

Sterling's white camaro pulled up and parked behind Melanie's mercedes just because he had issues with both her and Kevin and while he could manage keeping quiet around them, he sure as hell didn't have to ride with them.

"Yeah but I know I'm eventually going to have to answer for it. If I have to, I'll try to take all the blame and keep you out of it, Mel and just hope that will be enough to clear you." Jasmine looked around.

"That was stupid what you did, you should of known that Sterling wasn't going to go with you after that."

Melanie looked at Robin. "What happened to not judging? Did you throw your religion out of the window? Oh wait, I forgot, all of you can judge and mask it with the excuse of trying to make the sinner see the light." Melanie shook her head and the group headed across the street.

"It has nothing to do with sin, I'm just saying that shes probably going to spend her spring break in jail. Wait till she goes home drunk and underage, that will be just icing on the cake." Robin mumbled.

"Just shut up and get your fake ID's." Melanie commanded and everyone got them out.

The group moved into the line and Miracle took a deep breath, looking between Miracle and Sterling. "I forgot to ask, how did your bonding go, guys? I hope it did some good, that was my intention." Miracle then looked a little worried.

"Don't look so horrified." Jaemin smiled and kissed the side of Miracle's neck, wrapping his arms around him from behind and then he looked at Sterling.

"It actually went better than I thought. I saw parts of Jaemin that I never expected existed." Sterling shook his head. "He was great, everything was great, more than great."

"Oh parts, huh?" Miracle smiled and looked up at Jaemin. "Nothing I don't know, is it?"

Jaemin looked at Sterling and then at Miracle and took a deep breath. "When you are ready, I promise. I have my reasons. These things are personal for us, not him. Please understand. You kept David a secret didn't you? And I was okay until you waited for what you thought was the right time."

Miracle nodded. "Well I'm glad, I want you to both be able to be friends. Just got to work on you and Melanie next for this group to work smoothly. I doubt that's going to be as easy." He looked at Jaemin thoughtfully. "Okay, I guess you're right, so long as it's nothing...about our relationship."

"Trust me, it's not. I love you more than this world could ever know." Jaemin smiled, tightening his hug on Miracle for a second and then losening his arms.

Melanie and Jasmine showed the guy their fake ID's and then paid their way in, throwing cash in the bucket, followed by Kevin, Robin and Cody. All managed to get away with it and luckily Sterling, Miracle and Jaemin passed the test too.

Once Miracle was away from the man, he would slap Sterling in the arm as Jaemin sort of walked with him, keeping the embrace. "At least we didn't have to climb through a bathroom window." He laughed.

"You did that once?" Jaemin asked.

"Yes." Miracle grinned. "I was desperate."

Sterling smiled. "As much as I would like to remember that as a funny story, that is a night that I would like to forget.

The group headed to the bar and Melanie smiled at the bar tender, looking at his name tag. "Robert, how about I call you Robby? You know what, you should date my friend Robin over here." She pointed her thumb at Robin. "Robert and Robin." Melanie laughed. "Could we get some tequila shots all around?"

Robin glared at Melanie and then brought her hands up to cover her face, the bar tender looked over at Robin and then he looked at Melanie with a grin. "Not exactly my type. You on the other hand...."

"Spoken for." Melanie and Kevin held their hands up together. "We'll be at that table over there." She nodded towards the table and smiled. "Drinks make a girl happy though." She turned around and walked towards the cushioned booth that was round in shape and the group slid into it, the table in the middle.

"I'm available." Jasmine grinned at Robert. "Going to probably go to jail for doing something incredibly fun but incredibly stupid but you know, if you ever want my number."

Robert started making the drinks and looked up at Jasmine. "Really? I'll have to consider that. You have no idea how many napkins I go home and count every night." He shook his head. "Not being conceited or anything. " He looked up at Jasmine. "I just mean that I get napkins and I go home when I have the time and look at each one." He starts putting the shot glasses on the tray for the group. "It's always a rush here so I don't have the time to do it." He laughed.

Jasmine grinned and nodded. "Yeah, well it's not a bad thing to say you get a few, I think everyone has the potential to get a few numbers on napkins."

"So what exactly did you do to possibly go to jail for?" Robert asked.

"Finally!" Melanie clapped her hands as the waitress came with the tray and sat the shot glasses all around.

"You wasted your money." Robin pushed hers aside.

"Girl, just try it. Even God had some wine." Melanie took her glass and downed the shot.

"And you can always just ask for forgiveness for tonight and pray for an entire day, I am sure he will grant you that." Kevin grinned and downed his shot right along with Cody and Miracle.

Jaemin lifted his shirt up and grabbed a syringe that was tucked between his belt and his jeans, pulling it out. He grabbed Sterling's drink since the guy was watching everyone. The shot glass was brought down, a quick squirt of the contents from the syringe put into it and then the shot glass was placed back where it was. Not the entire syringe but it would be enough, he hoped, to affect Sterling.

"Hey waitress, bring some Margarita's around, we need something that is going to last a while." Melanie said quickly before the woman walked away, just as Sterling downed his shot.

Robin picks up the glass and looks around. "Fine, I guess if I never do it again and just pray to him that it was a life experience that I needed to have..." Robin made a face and then downed her shot.

"Good girl!" Melanie smiled and clapped.

"Wow, you got some guts, I mean..." Robert laughed. "That, well all I can say is that I wish I had been there to see it."

"Well, have to make college interesting some how." Jasmine smiled. "I guess I hadn't taken into account that my time off wouldn't keep me out of trouble. I mean I could of handled school punishment but..." She shook her head. "It was just really impulsive."

"You could always beg the dean, tell him something that might get him to not press charges. If charges are not pressed, nothing can happen. Though the teacher can press charges himself for the assault." Robert said as he multi tasked making drinks.

"Hmm, I'll have to work on it I guess. Maybe I can play on the sympathy card. I had a friend just die, Sarah and maybe I can say being in jail would just make it worse." She paused. "Not that I would be using it. I mean I really am sad about it and I know doing this seems weird but I don't think she would forgive us if we didn't have some kind of fun, right now at least."

"Sarah? As in that whole kidnap thing? The one that blew up the getaway plane? You were involved in that?" Robert looked up, his eyes widened a little.

"Yeah, it was our friend kidnapped and so we wanted to save him. Maybe that adrenaline rush hadn't left me yet so I did what I did today." She took another shot that Robert had made for her.

"Hmm, oh my god, I need to go out to the car to get my cigarettes, I must of left them there." Melanie grabbed her white fur coat. "Anyone want to come? I shouldn't go alone."

"I will, I need to speak to you for a second anyway." Jaemin said.

"Can I come?" Sterling's eyes drooped and he shook his head. "I don't feel good."

"Light weight drinker?" Kevin laughed and waved over to the the waitress. "Couple of beers over here!" He called out to her and looked over at Miracle and then moved as he needed so that Melanie, Jaemin and Sterling could get out of the booth.

Cody and Robin continued to sip on their margaritas when the beers were brought for Miracle and Kevin and they both took a sip.

"Oh my god, I feel sick." Sterling stumbled out of the side exit to avoid a lot of people, his arm over Jaemin's shoulder.

"God, why did I even bring you? Kill joy." Melanie shakes her head. "Someone keep the door open so that it doesn't lock back, I don't want to go through security again."

"Sit here, keep the door open." Jaemin leaned forward and let Sterling sit down to hold the door open, the guy was so close to passing out. Jaemin then took a pair of leather gloves out of his back pocket and put them on as he started in a run after Melanie as she headed around the side of the building. "Wait!"

"What? Are you going to keep pestering me about the Dad thing? I mean you bothered me in the hallway and then you practically punched me with it in the ditch..." Melanie stared up at Jaemin and folded her arms. "I told you, I have to figure it out because of his condition."

"His condition? His anxiety ridden condition? If he really had that, wouldn't he worry to death about you in Fiji? Especially after what happened to that poor girl in Aruba and if you really cared about him, why would you even go? Wouldn't you want to be here to protect him from ... well things?"

Melanie looked off to the side and tapped her foot, really wanting a cigarette right about now. "What are you saying?" She looked over at Jaemin.

"I am saying that you don't want me to meet him, you don't want to share the inheritence and you are probably so god damn afraid of him writing me into the will that you'd make some dumb fuck stupid sickness up just to keep me away while you figure out how to keep me away. I think, if you were pushed to it, you would even kill for that estate, I think you would kill for all of it. Sad thing is, I don't care about any of those things but in your paranoid mind, you wouldn't ever believe that." Jaemin shook his head.

"Kill? You think that I would kill?" Melanie squinted her eyes at Jaemin and pushed away from the wall, stepping forward as he stepped back. "That is insane. If you were there, you would realize that I freaked the fuck out just over Jasmine throwing a fire extinguisher through a class room door, you would find that I am still freaking out about someone telling the police that I threw a phone through the window. And you think I would kill?"

"In a club partying? Doesn't really look much like your freaking out, Melanie." Jaemin stared at her with wide eyes. "Your my sister and all I wanted in the whole world was to have someone to love me and to find my family and now I have to wonder if I am going to get killed by my own sister. That? Or I have to be forced to kill her first just to keep myself safe and that is the last thing I ever would want to do to you." Jaemin then grabbed the syringe from the belt around his waist and started towards her.

Melanie rolled her eyes, listening to him go on about how she was lying, that was until he brought the syringe out and she started stepping back. "Jaemin, what are you doing? Do you realize what that will do to me? It will take me hours to recover and you will go to jail for it because everyone will wonder where I am and they will know you did it and it will be out of my hands."

Jaemin shook his head. "I'm sorry but you just...don't love me enough." He brought the syringe down and into her neck and injected what was left of the drug before pulling it out and then he tried to drop it into her purse but she yanked away to fast and he ended up dropping it as she went into a run down the side of the building, coughing and gagging from where the needle had been stuck into her.

"Damn it!" Jaemin turned around and ran back around the building and looked at Sterling and yanked his glasses off, using those to keep the door from completely closing and locking him out. He threw Sterlings arm over his shoulder and went into the best run that he could, going after Melanie.

Melanie's run slowed down as everything began to blur, she hadn't been given a full dosage so that left her at least half mobile and it was slowly progressive. She looked around and made it to the street corner and grabbed the pole that had the walking light on it, seeing the one across the street was clearling telling the walkers to stop. "Damn it!"

Jaemin made it around the building, by this time, noticing that Melanie was barely making it across the street and into the parking lot and he quickly stumbled after her, trying to keep Sterling with him and luckily made it across the street just as Melanie took her keys and fumbled with them.

Miracle laughed as Kevin retold the story of what Jasmine did and bumped shoulders with Cody who was also laughing, Robin feeling the effects of the alcohol but was trying to remain calm with it. The story however was still funny, no matter how many times it was told.

"I love it! The fire extinguisher going through the door part is my favorite!" Miracle smiled.

"I like when she kicks the door open and walks in." Cody laughed, holding his stomach and grabs his fourth beer.

Kevin smiled. "I just wonder if shes going to hook up with that bar tender tonight, if she does, he is housing a fugitive." Kevin leaned over to press his forehead onto the table, laughing and then he grabbed his whiskey shot and sat up, downing it.

Jasmine wrote her number on a napkin and handed it to Robert and grinned. "Well here is one to look at, one that I hope gets..." She leaned over the bar, closing the distance between their faces. "..a good, long, thoughtful, stare." Jasmine smiled as she then leaned back. "Bye." She then twirled around ever so gracefully and headed to the table to be with her friends.

Robert grinned, watching Jasmine go until she disappeared into the crowd and he continued to work.

Miracle looks over at Jasmine and laughs. "I bet you didn't tell him you were in high school did you?"

Jasmine slid into the booth and shook her head. "No, I told him I went crazy at college." She laughed a little. "So if he actually ever does call me...I'm going to have to live a double life."

Kevin grins. "I want to be there when you get caught." He grabs the beer from the waitress and takes another shot.

Jasmine shakes her head. "A beer." She says to the waitress. "Maybe by then I'll really be in college and it'll be something we can laugh at together." She smiled.

"That your relationship was based on a lie?" Cody asked.

Jasmine grinned. "Yeah and that I was here with her." Jasmine pointed at Robin who's head laid on the table, passed out. She laughed at the sight. "Melanie needs to see this." She reached into her purse and started taking pictures.

Melanie jumps up and over her door since the convertible top is down and slides into the drivers seat and puts the keys into the ignition before looking up to see Jaemin approaching with Sterling in company. "What the hell?!"

Melanie started crying, the effects of the drug scaring her as she desperately tried to find the button to pull the top of the convertible up. Her finger finally pressed it and the top began to raise on the convertible.

Jaemin made it over to Sterling's camaro and he reached down and grabbed his keys out of his pocket and unlocked the doors, throwing the seat forward and forcing Sterling into the back seat, by this point he was unconscious. Once he was back there, Jaemin pushed the driver seat back and climbed into the car, shutting the door, looking ahead of him as he was right behind Melanie, one lane over.

"Oh my god! He's going to get me!" Melanie cried and started her car and pressed the accelerator as she turned out of the parking space and went to drive out and onto the road, speeding out of the parking lot.

Jaemin started the car with the use of Sterling's keys and slammed down on the accelerator and followed right after her, even as she ran the red light, causing other cars to nearly wreck and drivers to slam on their breaks as the pair raced down the street.

Melanie looked into her rear view mirror and she could see the blurry lights and then felt as Jaemin slammed into the rear end of her car. "Oh my god!" She looked around and then down at the console. "Damn it! I should of took Kevin's car! He has the car phone!" She reached into her purse and started searching for her cell phone, the mercedes swerving to the side and then back onto the road once she pulled it out.

Jaemin took this opportunity to pull into the middle of the road, right beside her as he tried to run her off the road. Melanie looked at her phone to see no service at all. "What the hell? No fucking service?" She dropped the phone, feeling dizzy and then she looked over to see Jaemin and her eyes narrowed. "Bastard." She swerved towards him, trying to run him off the road and then yanked her wheel to the right, taking another road.

The camaro squeeled as Jaemin quickly swerved around to follow her, Melanie having gained some ground with that last second move but he pushed harder on the gas pedal and hit her in the back again and then moved slightly to the left and then forward, pushing on the car, hoping to force her into a spin.

Melanie drove forward but as Jaemin's car put pressure on the left corner of the car, she found the tires squeeling as the mercedes was forced into a spin and she tried to turn the wheel the other way to force it back but as Jaemin persisted to drive forward, the left corner of the car lifted and it rolled over, that was when she realized, she had forgotten her seatbelt. She only had a second to think about it before gravity pulled her towards the roof of the car in mid spin, breaking her neck, killing her instantly before it rolled over and up right again, her upper body, flinging it's self across the console and that was where she remained.

Jaemin sat there, luckily they had ended up in a very vacant part of the city and he watched, waiting to see if Melanie would get up, but she never did. He sat there and slowly shook his head. Tears began to roll down his face. "Why? Mel...why did you drive me to do this?"

Jaemin looked down and took a deep breath, the look of devastation taking over his features, black tears rolling down his face and he started to cry, a few gasps of air being drawn in. "You were my best friend...and to find out you were my own sister..."

Jaemin started to wipe his eyes but then he stopped, realizing he was wearing the leather gloves, none of him could be traced inside of the vehicle for this to work. He sighed, getting himself together and opened the driver side door and climbed out, pulling the lever to let the door move forward so that he could pull Sterling out. "I'm sorry for this too, you could of been my friend. Maybe I'm messed up, maybe that's why me and Miracle are so perfect together, we feed each others madness."

Jaemin pushed the seat back into normal position and then worked on putting Sterling in the driver seat and pulled him up and forward, slamming his forehead on the steering wheel before letting him go. "One more thing." He closed the driver side door and ran around to the passenger side, pulling it open and then he opened the glove box and reached behind him, beneath his shirt and tucked into his pants is where he pulled out the bloody knife, wrapped in plastic to preserve it.

He took the plastic off and laid the knife into the glove box. "I'm sorry, believe it or not." He closed the passenger side door and then took off the leather gloves and stuffed the plastic inside one of the gloves before tucking them into the back of his pants and pulling his jacket and shirt down over them.

He looked over at Melanie's car and frowned, walking over to it and he looked inside. She looked so peaceful, as if she were just sleeping. "I hate this. Me and You, condemned and deemed evil by everyone. Miracle was the only one who never judged us. That was one thing we had in common and one love we had." He looked down, more tears falling. "Now I'm just a bad guy again just because I felt the need to protect myself, because you loved the money more than you loved me." He looked up at her. "I don't care, I don't love you any less. I just wish we both could of crossed over. We were on our way."

Jaemin opened the door and kneeled down, the back of his fingers brushing her hair out of the way. "Maybe we really weren't. Maybe I was just the fool out of the two of us." He started gasping as he took her hand into his hands and then he let it go and stepped out, letting the door fall shut before taking off down an alley.

Copyright © 2014 x Trevor x; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Jeezus, Jaemin is wacko!!!!! Miracle will never forgive him if he ever finds out what he did!

 

Sterling isn't dead too, is he? He's just knocked out from the drug, right? But Jaemin didn't turn Sterling's car on and like push it to get it going, thinking that the car would crash into something, like Melanie's car?

 

Shit, he is crazy.

 

And Jasmine - she was much better off taking food orders for the group. She is just on a path of self-destruction, no thanks to them.

 

I can't believe all the bad shit that has happened just in the last few chapters. Shit, Melanie was Miracle's best friend. He's going to be mourning her as well as Sarah.

Link to comment
On 12/01/2013 07:45 AM, Lisa said:
Jeezus, Jaemin is wacko!!!!! Miracle will never forgive him if he ever finds out what he did!

 

Sterling isn't dead too, is he? He's just knocked out from the drug, right? But Jaemin didn't turn Sterling's car on and like push it to get it going, thinking that the car would crash into something, like Melanie's car?

 

Shit, he is crazy.

 

And Jasmine - she was much better off taking food orders for the group. She is just on a path of self-destruction, no thanks to them.

 

I can't believe all the bad shit that has happened just in the last few chapters. Shit, Melanie was Miracle's best friend. He's going to be mourning her as well as Sarah.

So many questions to be answered! I will say one thing, what did happen is that Jaemin used Sterling's car to chase Melanie down and wreck her, luckily not injuring himself and then managed to put Sterling in the driver seat. What will come out of that is a mystery! As for Jasmine...OMG I laughed so hard when I was writing that scene! From the moment Melanie mouthed off to the teacher to the moment Jasmine attacked the teacher and they pulled off their escape. So yes I guess she can be considered possibly a villain in the making but in a way I don't know, she has shown she can be mean to strangers but loyal to the group so I am not sure how she could be perceived. I think she was probably on a better path taking food orders but then she also lacked confidence and was kicked around too.

 

The next chapter is in the making though and well there are a few more surprises in the making, I'm just wondering how long it will take before Miracle slips to the bad side of readers views. I really would not like for that to happen but I feel like his vulnerable desperation has to remain intact, at least for now. As I always say, we'll have to see!

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..