Jump to content
    x Trevor x
  • Author
  • 7,158 Words
  • 1,230 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Like a Train Wreck - 27. Chapter 27: Theories

Miracle sat on his bean bag chair beside the window, looking out at the sunset. "The things that go in my head when I'm allowed to think to much."

Jaemin walked in just in time to hear Miracle. "What is it?" He asked, closing the door.

"How some things just stay the same and never change even though you feel like you've been through hell, you come home and it's like a sanctuary." Miracle looked over at Jaemin.

"I have an idea." Jaemin walked over to the bed and sat down. "What do you say come summer break, we just get out of here? Just go away?"

"And never come back?" Miracle lifted his eyebrows. "Just leave it all behind?"

"A clean break." Jaemin nodded.

Miracle looked confused. "I...I don't know. I'm to clingy...I don't know if I can just let everything go."

"So what do you want to do? Wait for Skylar's next big bang? I don't think she is going to stay quiet for to long." Jaemin said.

"Well how is it fair to just leave everyone else with the mess?" Miracle asked.

"It's not our mess." Jaemin bit his bottom lip. "It's easy for me to let go because I've never had a thing to cling to until I had you and so long as I have you, that is enough. I just want a clean break, a fresh start, somewhere different."

"I just need to think about it." Miracle said.

"Take the time, I didn't want to do it until summer break started anyway. Maybe by then that evil bitch will be gone." Jaemin said.

"Not likely." Miracle grinned at Jaemin.

Jaemin laughed. "A guy can hope, can't he?" He shook his head and then heard Miracle's phone ring and picked it up and read the text from Jasmine. "Kevin is okay, been treated. She called the psychiatrist hospital and Cody has not even been admitted there." Jaemin made a face and looked up. "And she said people at the church are talking and no one knows where his Mom went, shes been missing."

Miracle looked thoughtful. "Good thing no one went to the police. Your mafia theory just might have been right but hell we're being hunted and tormented anyway and I just wonder if I'd rather hit men to be after me instead of Skylar."

"Think again, could be her Father who came after us if we threw her in prison and he could have been twice as twisted." Jaemin raised an eyebrow.

Miracle shook his head. "What about GPS? Anyone see Cody or Robin's dots?"

"Cody's was at the hospital, but not long after Jasmine called, it just went off the radar and Robin's is still floating on her house but we know shes gone, her parents reported her missing and the truck disappeared." Jaemin said. "And Kyler's vanished from Kevin's way back when, after Brad died, when he first disappeared."

"Surprised Skylar hasn't tried to twist our minds by having Brad's dot pop up and move around the city." Miracle rolled his eyes towards the window.

"She would just look stupid, it's not like a body wasn't found, can't conspiracy theory his death, he is dead. Dead, dead, dead." Jaemin sat the phone down on the nightstand.

Miracle rolled his tongue around in his mouth and his face tensed thoughtfully.

Jaemin knew that look, Miracle's mental light bulb had flickered on. "Okay, what's going on in there?"

"Brian." Miracle looked over at Jaemin. "Shes messing with all the team players, isn't she? I mean this is a game. She practically said so in class when she introduced herself. She referenced Fable, called herself the game master, said she would dictate every action. She said that it would decide whether she liked you or hated you and that pretty much like the game, it would decide your consequence."

Jaemin lifted his eyebrows. "So everything she says is a metaphor for all of her plans? What does that have to do with Brian?"

"Brian is a team player, linked by Melanie, dead or no, I doubt she would exclude him. She wants as many play toys as she can get. He's been out of jail yet no one has heard from him. He wasn't at the funeral according to Jasmine and Kevin, despite what Melanie did to him, I don't know, I think he would still mourn her death." Miracle said.

Miracle shrugged. "She specifically chose Melanie's desk, meaning she has chosen her place within the scheme, Melanie was the former leader, we all looked up to her. When the girl tried to stop her and reserve the desk for Melanie's memory, Skylar warned her that she could have a consequence, threatened to make her a cave man with her own hair."

Jaemin made a weird face and almost wanted to laugh but he pushed the impulse back. "Okay...so what specifically do you think about Brian?"

"We should get Melanie's cell phone, unless someone else has Brian GPSed."

"Kevin might." Jaemin said.

"Then we can locate him and talk to him, see if he is weird like Kyler." Miracle said, then his eyes widened. "Metaphors..." He looked up at Jaemin. "Kevin told you that Kyler was kind of robot like, right?"

"Sure, yeah and then turned super evil psycho." Jaemin nodded.

"She referenced hynotism." Miracle said.

Jaemin started to laugh but then stopped. "Yeah in the context of battling Kevin's joke. Don't you think she would have been a little more direct? I mean look how she was with Cody, the metaphor was so obvious yet so passive that one could easily over look it if they didn't really listen."

"Sure, maybe but she might not have been intending to hint us, she might of just been battling Kevin's joke but it says that it's a subject in her realm." Miracle stood up and walked around the room.

Jaemin looked at Miracle. "So do you think she is just doing our present and future actions or is she back tracking?"

"It's hard to say. Cody, his Dad and Robin, that wasn't so much an action as it was an on going situation." Miracle turned towards Jaemin. "Though if you look into it in the context of her consequence, it was a past consequence, the story of Jesus dying to save us for our sins."

"And what about us? That's how she started, the whole me and Sterling, the infidelity." Jaemin cringed at mentioning it.

"Yeah, don't remind me." Miracle shook his head and started pacing again. "I think maybe that was just an example. You know in video games how sometimes before you start playing a game you get that training time to learn how things work? That could of been it, the turn on, the show you how it works."

"So how does Robin's consequence go?" Jaemin asked curiously.

"Okay, this is really grasping at straws here." Miracle stopped and looked at Jaemin. "Maybe by her homophobia, Skylar considered her as glorifying heterosexuality and so her consequence for that was the sexual part of the sexual identity and the only difference between the two was that one had the ability to reproduce, pregnancy, that is if she is really pregnant. And she probably is if she really ran away."

"That is grasping at straws, maybe, but it sounds like it makes sense. Thing is that Robin doesn't really sound homophobic, I mean homophobia to me, in my opinion is when you hate the sexuality just because you hate it or find it disgusting. She disliked it because religion made her believe it was wrong yet she was still friends with Cody making me believe if religion said otherwise then she would have probably accepted completely."

"Well Skylar could only know so much, it's not like she was walking around with us. Robin had to of said things when they were riding together and Skylar might not have really understood that Robin managed to put it aside against her beliefs to be friends with Cody." Miracle walked over and sat beside Jaemin. "However Robin spoke of it is whatever impression Skylar got and from what she said in the truck with us about it, well I imagine it wasn't a good one. You know Robin still made her comments, not just about Cody but about everyone."

"My boyfriend is being Mr. Genious." Jaemin grinned and wrapped his arms around Miracle, hugging him briefly. "Connecting all the dots."

"Thanks." Miracle smiled and then turned serious again. "Okay so now we have to figure out her next move. Problem is that again, Cody, his Dad and Robin's situation was on going so we don't know if she is back tracking or not, only clue we have on that is her recreating an old story but twisting it the other way around." Miracle started to look thoughtful again.

"Well lets assume she is back tracking, so at least we can make a list and kinda know who to be cautious for next." Jaemin suggested.

"Okay, last bad thing that happened before you messed with Sterling was who ever killed Melanie and tried to set up and frame Sterling for it. I hate to think it was one of our friends but then if it was an outside source, the possibilities are endless but in that way it would be just as difficult for Skylar unless she saw it." Miracle finally said after a few minutes of thought, hoping his memory was right.

"I was the only other person that stepped out of the club with Melanie and Sterling that night." Jaemin looked at Miracle. "I have something to confess and I hope you will understand that I had no choice and that I wish to god every day that things could have been different."

Miracle looked at Jaemin and suddenly already knew what he was going to say but he also knew that Jaemin wanted to explain himself. "Wait, write it down. Skylar might have this place bugged or something, you don't want to pay a consequence." Miracle got up and walked to his computer desk and opened a drawer and snatched out a note book and returned to Jaemin and handed it to him, along with a pen. "It might already be to late because I already know by what you just said, I just don't know the details surrounding it."

"If that is the case then maybe I should be recorded if that's a possibility, my whole case should be heard." Jaemin responded.

Miracle sat down, one leg pulled up on the bed, bent at the knee. "Okay, tell me."

Jaemin sat the notebook and pen aside. "I went to Melanie as soon as I found out she was my sister and the first thing she became worried of was the inheritence, she clearly didn't want to share it. I wanted to go to who I believed was my Dad. So to protect the inheritence, she came up with this fake illness about him having this anxiety disorder that was so severe that a shock like that could send him into a seizure or a heart attack, she said it happened before, she said wait until she figured out a way to tell him."

Miracle nodded. "Go on."

Jaemin then continued. "I didn't know whether to consider it fake or not, I was just happy to have a family and she was my sister and so I just backed off. Thing is, the more I watched her, the more I knew that she never wanted me to meet him. That day that we had to hide in the ditch, she gave me this look that just said everything. And...I just went into survivalist mode, I know how people are about this kind of thing, sometimes they would kill for it, so I came to the conclusion that it was going to be her or me because I didn't know how far she could possibly go for that money. I just knew I had to keep myself safe and so I decided it had to be me who survived and so I came up with a plan. Then it all happened and I hated it when it did, I hated it beyond words, it killed me inside, I wanted to be a brother to her but she didn't want that. Then I go to her Father just to find out that he wasn't my Dad and that Melanie and I were only half siblings."

Miracle's eyes widened and his jaw dropped. "Those were the issues that you needed to deal with? Oh my god, I couldn't ever imagine."

"Yes, those were the issues and then the next day Sterling was being interrogated and I felt horrible and so I called the station to talk to him, to try to figure out a plan but he said they cleared him because of the way the crime scene looked staged aside from the wreck and I was so relieved, for that part anyway. Miracle, please don't hate me for being a killer."

Miracle was silent for a few seconds. "They found the murder weapon that killed Brad in Sterling's glove compartment, so you had to have it in order to put it there."

Jaemin frowned and nodded. "Yes.. I did. I was so angry with him for what he had done to you that I wanted to make him pay."

Miracle nodded and looked down. "I don't hate you, I can understand the situation and how you felt and I can't let you go because I don't want to be alone." He looked up at Jaemin. "But if Skylar is back tracking, she will either consquence you for killing Melanie or for framing Sterling, meaning someone innocent will die and you will be framed for it or you will die and someone else will be framed for it."

Jaemin didn't really respond to what was said to him. "What do you think she will consequence you for, if she is back tracking?"

Miracle immediatly responded. "For willingly going with Eric and having sex with him and then getting kidnapped, causing everyone to come and rescue me which resulted in Sarah's death. She might have someone kidnapped and some how, I don't know how, she will rig the situation up to where it looks like I can save them but I have to kill myself to do it. After I'm dead she'll then, maybe, let the person go."

"I don't know, that would be really complicated, forcing someone to kill themselves trying to save someone. Sounds a little to...Saw to me." Jaemin shook his head.

"Oh and I should tell you but you have to keep this on the down low because people think that it's totally insane that it happened." Miracle said.

"What is it?" Jaemin asked.

"Hunter hooking up with Skylar in the middle of that horrific crime scene that she caused. He did it to try and get inside information, he is really hoping for an opportunity to get that phone of hers, he thinks there are a lot of answers in it."

"As much as she uses it, hell I think he would find alot." Jaemin nodded. "Smart move on his part, dumb move on hers, she should of had the same logic about the crime scene."

"Yeah but she might have hidden motives about it too." Miracle suggested.

Hunter walked inside the high rise condo once Skylar opened the door and he looked around, the place was gorgeous, the living area nothing but a large ceiling to floor glass window with modern furnishings with an open floor plan to the kitchen that was also modern in it's appearance and a hallway to the right of the door that must of lead to the more private rooms.

"Impressive." Hunter nodded and walked further inside, turning around. "I would kill to have this view of the city."

Skylar grinned and closed the door behind her. "Literally? Because I could have it arranged, right across the hall." She walked closer to him and grabbed his leather jacket, tugging it off his shoulders and down his arms. "We could be a little Bonnie and Clyde, just enough to make ourselves happy."

"Yeah, as fun as that sounds, I wasn't being literal but it would be nice." Hunter said, letting her take off his jacket and then he looked around again. "So how much did your parents pay for this place?"

"Oh I didn't really pay attention." Skylar said, turning to throw his jacket across a chair as she moved to sit on the couch. "I don't know who my Mom is. I'm a product of a slutty one nighter, as for the price of this place? Daddy wouldn't spend any less than a tleast one million on me. And it's mine alone, I was emancipated."

"Lucky." Hunter smiled and walked over to the couch to sit beside her. "So what does your Dad do to have that kind of money? Impress me, I'm getting addicted to it."

"Addicted?" Skylar grinned. "I like that." She stood up and walked away and headed to the kitchen and bent down to grab a bottle of champagne from the wine cooler. "He's the typical guy, at least I know from having lived with him when I was younger." She stood up and sat the bottle on the counter. "Typical suits in the morning, brief case, coming home..pretty much your nine to five." Skylar laughed and turned around to find some champagne glasses. "Though that doesn't seem to fit for that kind of money does it? Especially when he'll just have to buy me another place like this somewhere else when I go to college." She turned around with the glasses. "Maybe he's CIA?"

Hunter's eyes followed her and as she finished talking, he laughed. "Very imaginative. Do you like the idea of him possibly being CIA?"

"Oh I love it." Skylar said as she poured the champagne into each glass. "I should start digging around for secret documents or something." She picked up both glasses and headed back to the couch.

Hunter grinned, perfect opportunity. "Maybe I could help you? I think it would be a fun way to bond. I like you Skylar, I like you a lot and I want us to do things together."

Skylar grinned and leaned forward to cup his face with both of her hands. "I thought we were doing things together." She went to kiss him only for him to ease his head back and away.

Hunter looked down and shook his head. "We do and that's been great, from the very first moment, it's been fun and exciting." He looked up at her. "But you leave so much to be desired. My whole life, I've had to be the best in everything and that meant sacrificing alot but the second I got face to face with you like that, I knew I had a chance at something great and I just...I was tired of sacrificing."

Skylar's smile faded and she eased back, listening to the things he said and she tilted her head to the side. "Wow...I really don't know what to say to that." She looked down for a second. "You know, I've never gotten close to anyone either. I never planned to get close to you. The idea just came in the heat of the moment." She shook her head. "That's not to say it wasn't real because it was but like I said, it just came out."

Hunter looked at her with a pleading expression. "Then let me inside of your life and I'll let you inside of mine. Skylar..my brother always talked about this being so happy that you cry feeling and I get that from you, I just never let it happen because that's not me but it feels like this ache to be closer, to be more."

Skylar looked confused, almost regretful and even scared, up until now it was easy because it was so casual but now Hunter was saying all the right things and pushing buttons that she didn't even know she had. "Hunter, you really don't want to be inside of my life." She looked down and then got off the couch and walked to the window. "I...I can't explain it to you. It's not my place and people close to me could get into trouble." She turned around to look at him. "You know what I did when we met. I was ruthless, I didn't even feel no remorse but I did it because that man was awful to Cody and I don't even know Cody but where do you think those ways come from?"

Hunter watched Skylar and he took a deep breath. "I don't hold that against you, I knew of Cody's situation. I don't have any theories about you. Jaemin and Sterling think that you're mafia. Everyone agreed not to report you because they thought the mafia would come after everyone for revenge. It's not right to kill someone but some people are murderers and they redeem themselves, you don't have to go to prison to make up for it."

Skylar shook her head. "I'm still not sorry for it. I did it for Cody, so that he could be free, I never meant for it to freeze him up or send him into some bad place, that is what I am sorry for." Skylar walked away from the window and moved to sit in the chair where Hunters jacket was draped over. "I can't talk about what goes on with me or with the people around me, at least not about any business. All I can do is be myself, who I am when I'm on down time."

"Then we'll start there." Hunter said. "I just want more because I like you and I could potentially love you one day. That's not a declaration but who knows where life will lead or where liking you will lead but if we don't explore..we'll never know." Hunter raised his eyebrows, leaning forward with his elbows on his knees, clasping his hands. "I just want to be closer than in your bed, I want to be close to you."

Skylar looked thoughtful for several moments and then nodded. "Okay, we'll try for more than casual because you..." She paused and took a deep breath. "Honestly...you have hit buttons in me that I didn't know I had but you're going to have to accept what I give you, what I can give you."

"That's fine." Hunter smiled. "But..now that we had a nice talk." His head turned towards the hall way.

Skylar followed his gaze and then grinned and got up and walked over to him, grabbing him by the shirt and pulling him up and walked off down the hall, laughing as she kept hold of his shirt while he followed the whole way. Once in her bedroom, she shoved him back on the bed and kicked the door shut.

"What are you trying to do?" Jaemin leaned over the computer chair, looking at the screen.

"I want to see if that bitch has a facebook." Miracle grinned. "Those things tell you everything." Miracle said, typing on the keyboard.

"Uh..yeah but they are mostly always private. It's not myspace, most people tend to keep it's use for their real life friends. I doubt she would accept a friend request from you."

Miracle laughed. "That's why you're going to call your Mom. She was engaged to Eric, maybe she is on there."

Jaemin blinked. "Woah, what? My Mom? You've lost me."

"Wow, am I going to be the only genious around here? I could hack but this method would be much simpler." Miracle turned his head towards Jaemin. "When we followed the guy who took the envelope back out of Brad's mailbox, it turned out to be Eric, remember? Same Eric who was the one engaged to your Mom when I wrecked it but it was fake to her anyway? Well if you paid attention, Skylar got offensive as hell when Jasmine questioned Kyler about the envelope at lunch. So...think about it. Connection?"

Jaemin slowly nodded. "Well then why waste your time on Skylar's facebook? The guy kidnapped you the night he took the folder. We should go back to the marina and see if he left the folder behind. After all, Melanie drugged him and the scene turned into utter chaos, it likely got left in that room."

"Unless Eric's guys snatched it and we only have one of their names, that Jeffrey guy and who knows how to find him. Besides, even if it was left behind, it was probably thrown into evidence. That is if Laquisha had control of the scene, Ben and Charlie are dumbasses." Miracle looked at the computer screen.

"Why not just use Hunter's facebook? Since he's working undercover with her, she might of friended him." Jaemin suggested.

"If she did then it's a waste of time, no secrets would be on it because he is my brother, Skylar is smarter than that. They are probably just playing each other." Miracle rolled his eyes.

Jaemin looked thoughtful. "You could put her in the spotlight of a court room."

Miracle spit out some laughter. "How?"

"If she is giving consequences to actions, make her see that tape of Daniel, see if she goes all the way to Australia to turn it in, if she does, they might make her a witness." Jaemin grinned, not sure if he was partly joking about it, the whole thing started to seem like a joke to him, at least talking about it was.

Miracle made a weird face. "Yeah and they are going to want to know who wrote blackmail on it and then they are going to get the school people and find out Daniel said I was stalking him and that they expelled me."

Jaemin turned around and moved to the bed, falling back on it and he started laughing. "I'm sorry but talking about all of this is starting to get funny!"

Miracle spun around in the computer chair and narrowed his eyes at Jaemin. "Seriously? It shouldn't be. Cody and his Mom are missing, Kyler told Kevin that he didn't want to know where Cody was and Robin ran away because Skylar got someone to make her pregnant and then Kyler told Kevin they were working on finding her, not to mention Kyler has gone psycho now and ended up stabbing Kevin, and Cody's Dad is dead. We're lucky Kevin didn't die too, god knows we can't take anymore after Sarah and Melanie were killed and it's hard enough for me to be forgiving about the fact that you killed Melanie, because she was my best friend."

Jaemin stopped laughing and quickly moved to sit up as he looked at Miracle and frowned. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to laugh at it. I wasn't laughing about those parts. Just the theories...it's no excuse though, I'm sorry."

Miracle frowned but then nodded. "It's not okay but just..understand that this all hurts me so much. And don't forget I have to worry about Hunter being with her, pretending to be boy toy for her and that she could snap with him at any minute, especially if he makes the wrong move and gets himself caught. I'm already sad for him that he got lied to all his life by Martha. At least everything I went through was direct and straight forward. I knew I was molested, I knew I was abused, I knew my Dad left and I knew my Mom gave me up and Erica came here and told me straight up what happened and why."

Jaemin frowned and laid sideways on the bed and propped his head up on a hand. "That's why I want to leave. There is so much sadness among all of the craziness."

Miracle smiled a little. "Used to, I would do something like that but I learned that life comes with the bad as well as the good. You can't escape it by running."

Robin walked into what appeared to be an old country store out in the middle of what seemed like no where, a man in a fancy black suit and sun glasses seemed to be following her, watching her from afar, from the back of the store.

"Hi, I need to get some gas." Robin said as she made it to the counter.

"How much?" The cashier spoke up, a young man who seemed to fit the scene, country in his own way but not old fashioned in the least..

"Um..do fifty." She handed over her credit card.

"It was declined." He said, handing it back over. "There is an ATM over by the bathroom if you want to check the balance, see what you can afford."

Robin made a face and slowly took the card back. "...Thank you." She said, seeming lost and bewildered as she walked away and headed towards the ATM and stuck her card in, quickly yanking it out before typing in her pin. She selected to check her balance only to find out that she had nothing left. Her eyes widened at the screen. "What? That's impossible. How...how can that happen?" Her breathing grew heavier as she clicked no for a receipt and it returned to the home screen.

Robin looked at the man that was just walking around the store and then she walked into the ladies room and shut the door, locking it and she turned around to luckily see a window. She walked towards it to find that it was cracked open and slipped her fingers beneath it, narrowing her eyes in fear that it would make noise if she lifted it but when she did, luckily, it didn't make a sound. She climbed out and then made her way around to the front of the store.

Robin walked to her truck, looking towards the door, hoping the man didn't see her from out the door or from any windows but then she heard moaning from the black van parked at the gas pumps on the other side, the black van that had been following her. She turned around and slowly moved to the back of the van, hoping it would open and when she attempted to open the back doors, she opened them to find Cody back there, drugged and completely out of it.

"Oh my god, Cody." She started to climb in but then stopped, if she climbed in, the man could shut her in and drive off with her. "Okay, Cody, I need you to come out, can you do that? Can you try? I know that is a long shot."

"Robin? Is that really you? Everything feels like a dream." Cody rolled over to look at her. "The colors are so vivid, I can't describe it but it's like lights are around everything, bright lights." Cody pushed himself up onto his arms.

"Just come here." Robin looked towards the store, seeing the man in the suit walk by the counter and towards the bathrooms. "He still thinks I'm in the bathroom, I guess I can get you." Robin crawled in, just enough to grab Cody's arms. "You're going to have to help me here." She pulled on Cody and with what little help he could give her, she managed to get him out of the van.

"Did it really happen? Did that crazy girl really kill my Dad on the cross?" Cody asked.

"Wait, what? You're Dad is dead?" Robin asked, she was knocked out through out all of that. She shook her head and threw one of Cody's arms across her shoulders and moved him to the passenger side of her truck and opened the door, helping him in. "Sit up, the wind from...well my busted out windshield should wake you up." Robin then ran around and climbed into the driver side and jumped in, cranking up the truck.

As soon as the mysterious man heard Robin's engine roar, he ran towards the door and outside as she drove as fast as she could out of the parking lot and down the road, he headed towards his van, seeing the back doors hanging open. He ran around and shut them before rushing to try and get going to stay on her trail.

"And so that is pretty much all of my Skylar theories." Miracle said, still in the computer chair as he looked at Jasmine who sat beside Jaemin on the bed, Sterling on the bean bag chair and Kevin who sat on the floor against the bed room door, having basically just told them everything that he had told Jaemin about his ideas on Skylar.

"Wow, you know, that is really creative. If you are going to be a psycho bitch, that...well that is one hell of a way to do it. Makes her borderline good or evil because if she follows her rules, shouldn't she consequence good things too?" Kevin looked at Miracle.

"I think but only if you are really involved in her life. Like how Hunter is pretending to be this interest of hers, he is being good, she wanted him and he is returning it, giving her what she wants and the consequence for that is giving him good treatment. It's why nothing bad is happening to him but it's still a worry, if he does one wrong thing, he'll face a bad consequence." Miracle explained.

Jaemin looked around at everyone. "And Miracle thinks Brian might also still be considered a team player even though he hasn't involved himself with us since getting out of jail, reason being is that he thinks that she thinks that she wants to get as many puppets as she can."

Kevin nodded. "Well his dot is still on radar, it mostly floats on his home but sometimes it goes out and about."

"So what about the envelope?" Jasmine asked.

Miracle looked at Jasmine. "Well she never did one of her direct hints or clues about hypnotism, we think she was simply just battling Kevin's joke but it tells me that such a thing isn't out of her realm. Thing about the envelope is, that was Eric who knew me from Australia, same Eric who was involved in the sex ring who had Jaemin captured for most of his life because he was stolen from Paula. Skylar got upset about the envelope and it's contents being found out, obviously Eric didn't want it found out either. Now if Kyler was hynotised, we don't know when but if he wasn't when he delivered that enveloped then it could of had something to do with Brad's family. Whatever the case, Skylar's reaction and Eric's actions go hand in hand so they are relation. Brother and sister? Father and daughter? Or simply just partners in the organization." Miracle stopped.

"Another question is, how did Kyler get the envelope and from who?" Jaemin looked around. "I don't know how much this will help but I have a confession. It was Craig who saved me and helped me to escape." He looked at Miracle. "Your Dad is not a business man, he is FBI."

Miracle looked over at Jaemin and was quiet for a moment. "Okay wham wham I'll be damned. One more fact people."

Jasmine slowly nodded. "But if Kyler was hypnotised he could of been ordered to get that envelope from who ever had it, trick them into giving it to him, maybe it was intended to be delivered to Brad's house and so he was ordered to pretend to deliver it there and the person who had the envelope trusted him enough to do it. So really, he didn't actually pretend, he really did deliver it but by then he was already influenced by Eric and he knew Eric was going to steal it right back when he left, Kyler was simply the middle man for Eric to get it, the trickster for the theft."

Sterling looked around at everyone. "So who would trust Kyler with that? And what information would be in it for Brad's family?"

"Guys, I think it's counter productive to just sit here asking a bunch of questions, we'll never know based on what information we have. Jaemin suggested going back to the marina to look. I told him I thought the police would of gotten it since it did turn into a crime scene, if the envelope was even left behind, but at least it's worth a shot. Beats sitting here just beating our brains to death." Miracle said.

Jasmine gasped. "What if it was left in the car and Sarah exploded it? We'll never know."

Everyone just stared at Jasmine, as if what she said was a plague.

Hunter finally saw that Skylar had fallen asleep and that was when he slipped out from beneath the covers, nothing but a pair of white boxer briefs on, trying to be careful not to disturb her. He got up and opened the bed room door and walked down the hall towards the living room and looked around before noticing her cell phone laying on the floor beside the couch, attached to it's charger which was plugged into the wall. He walked over to it and leaned down to pick up the phone and pulled the charger plug out and started to stand up again, twisting to turn around at the same time.

And that was when he would find Skylar standing at the opening of the hallway, a shoulder leaned against the wall, covered by a black silk robe that was tied around her, arms crossed. "So you were just using me, and doing it to take my phone?"

Hunter frowned and stood up, looking down at the phone and then up to her, not sure what to say.

"Wordless? Well, I'll just say what I have to say, when you told me all the things that you told me, I wasn't lying about those buttons and so, because of that, I won't try to stop you because I'll have hope that you will decide to mean what you said and that you will put that phone down, or you can take it and walk out that door and I'll know that you lied about all of it." Skylar stared at him with a pained expression.

Hunter sighed and lowered his arm, still holding the phone. "Skylar, it's just difficult. You're after my brother and his friends, people that could be my friends." He looked up at her. "I didn't go into this ever thinking today, tonight, would happen in my heart and yet still I knew in my head what I came here for."

Skylar nodded. "So..you're conflicted. You're head and your heart." Skylar walked into the kitchen, a hand running along her granite counter top. "And, what? You want to follow both? Or you just don't know? Maybe you were going to take the phone because that was the plan in your head? But because of your heart, maybe you were just going to hold onto it for a little while until you could figure it out? Maybe what you found in it would of helped you decide, even if you didn't share it with everyone."

Hunter frowned and then nodded. "Yeah, conflicted. As for everything else, no. Honestly I couldn't predict a scenario for you." He looked up at her. "Why do you have to do what you do? Why can't things be different? This like Romeo and Juliet." He paused and shook his head. "Horrible reference."

Skylar grinned. "Actually not, I tend to reference a lot of things. Actually people tend to give me a lot of ideas. You just gave me a really great one." Skylar's smile then faded as she walked around the counter and then stepped into the living room and she looked up at him. "I wouldn't do it though, just because, I didn't use you."

"You still didn't answer my question." Hunter slightly shook his head.

"It's because my Daddy runs the show, he just does it from behind the scenes now and really, if he knew how I was doing it, he would really be unhappy. I am actually giving everyone a chance, as much as I can. I made a system, a pattern for mystelf, an action and consequence, much like Fable and I am the game master, I deliver the consequence. Keep your family and friends good and I might not have to deliver punishment, unless I am pressured by my Daddy and then..." Skylar frowned. "Then I can't do anything about it. His influence is powerful."

Hunter nodded. "Well I can admire your attempt but at the same time I can also understand why he has power over you, every person wants to have as much of a family as they can, it wouldn't be right for me to just tell you to let him go, disown him." Hunter took a deep breath and looked at the counter that borderlined the kitchen and the living room and after a moments hesitation, he sat the cell phone down upon it.

Skylar watched him sit the phone down. "Thank you." She looked up at him and slowly shook her head. "I don't know how this can work. Maybe it can't." Skylar ran a hand through her hair and walked away, reaching the couch and sitting on it, looking outside at the city skyline.

Hunter stared at the cell phone and then looked over at Skylar. "I don't know how, I just know that I...think that it's worth it, that we're worth it." He walked closer and moved around to sit beside her and he looked into her eyes.

Skylar was quiet for a few moments. "You should go, keep up appearances. Just say we went partying and stopped at a Denny's or something. If they knew you came to my place and I fell asleep and you didn't take my phone, they will probably be mad at you."

Hunter frowned and looked up at her before leaning over, his hand moved to the back of her head and he kissed her and then he slowly pulled back. "I wish things were different." Hunter stood up and walked off to the bed room to get his clothes.

Skylar watched him walk off and sighed, hearing her phone vibrate, she stood up and walked over to it to check the message, seeing it was her Dad letting her know that Robin had helped Cody escape. She stared at it and then pressed delete and laid the phone down as it had been before shaking her head.

Copyright © 2014 x Trevor x; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

So now that Hunter was caught pretty much redhanded, will Skylar tell her father? Will Hunter suffer a 'consequence'?

 

I really hope Robin and Cody are able to outsmart Skylar and her father. I doubt it though. I like all of Miracle and Jae's conspiracy theories. lol ;)

Link to comment
On 12/31/2013 06:37 AM, Lisa said:
So now that Hunter was caught pretty much redhanded, will Skylar tell her father? Will Hunter suffer a 'consequence'?

 

I really hope Robin and Cody are able to outsmart Skylar and her father. I doubt it though. I like all of Miracle and Jae's conspiracy theories. lol ;)

Thank you! Lol the chapter was a bit sedate in comparison to most chapters but I felt with as much action as the couple of chapters before that had, a little down time was needed. Plus I needed a little planning time to figure out my next moves. Those are some good questions regarding Hunter and I think that might make quite a mystery for the time being, as Miracle said, they could just be playing each other, but who really knows? I don't even know at this point! And Robin and Cody's story, that is sort of as unpredictable to me as much as it is to anyone else as well. Working on the next chapter and getting to the point I am on it, I can say one person is going to definitely serve a consequence lol so look out for that one!
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..