Jump to content
    x Trevor x
  • Author
  • 6,430 Words
  • 1,093 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Like a Train Wreck - 30. Chapter 30: Skies On Fire

Jaemin made his way into the flaming house, he looked around, the entire downstairs was almost engulfed but managed to make a clear path up the stairs.

"Hurry up now before I open anymore windows! Oxygen!" Skylar's laughter echoed throughout the upstairs.

Jaemin kicked the door open to find Jasmine in her Father's study positioned in the middle of the room in a kitchen chair with her arms bound behind the chair and tape over her mouth and he imagined a gag beneath it.

"Kept me waiting long enough...woo getting hot in here." Skylar grinned, fanning herself with her hand and moved to stand in front of Jasmine. "She's burning tonight, you'll have to go through me to even try to save her." Skylar then pulled her hand out from behind her back and threw a dagger.

The dagger spun through the air and Jaemin quickly dodged to the side and the dagger stabbed into the wall by the door and his eyes narrowed at Skylar and he ran forward and jumped, swinging a leg around to kick her in the head.

Skylar grabbed his foot, yanked him around and then threw a punch right into Jaemin's face before then turning around and pushing Jasmine away from the center of the wall and closer to the edge of the room where some of the flames were, Jasmine's muffled screams filling the room. Skylar then grabbed a mirror off the wall and turned to try and slam it over Jaemin's head.

Jaemin took the punch and stumbled back but quickly grabbed Skylar's wrists and then let go, quickly stepping back and took hold of the top edge of the mirror and pushed forward, slamming the bottom edge of the mirror into her stomach which sent her falling down. He then tossed it to the side and glass shattered every where. He grabbed a large shard as she was getting up and swung around, grazing her in the shoulder.

Skylar screamed as she quickly tried to dodge to the side but her tee shirt was ripped and the glass grazed her skin, enough to draw blood and she ran behind Jaemin and grabbed a pillow off the bed, swinging it into the flames to catch the fire. "Pillow fight!" She threw it towards him.

Jaemin quickly turned around to catch the flaming pillow flying his way and he kicked it back towards her only for Skylar to dodge out of the way and make a run for the door to snatch her dagger from the wall, she then ran forward as if to charge him only to jump up and flip over him only to twist and spin in the air and land at his side, stabbing him in the arm.

Jaemin turned around, trying to keep up with her but then yelled out as the knife went into his arm and then he quickly grabbed her wrist and pulled it back, spinning her around and throwing his arm over her shoulder while pinning her other arm behind her back only to have her use her body weight to push him back and to stop himself from being pushed into the fire, he let her go and dived to the side.

Skylar fell down and Jaemin yanked the dagger out of his arm only to have his feet knocked out from under him by Skylar's swinging leg, he fell down but then quickly crawled ontop of her and went to try and stab her but both of her hands grabbed his wrist and a struggle of strength would begin.

Skylar grunted and lifted a knee up and hit Jaemin in the stomach and then she rolled over and twisted his hands and pushed down, trying to get him to stab himself in the throat.

"Damn it!" Jaemin screamed and grabbed Skylar by the hair, pulling her head forward and slammed foreheads with her and then finally knocked her off in time to get up and stumble back.

Skylar cried out in pain, the dagger flying out of her hand and then she got up, holding her head and she looked at Jaemin and then grabbed Jasmine's chair. "You see this? She's wet..." Skylar started laughing and grabbed a lit cigarette from the ash tray that was half burnt down and took a drag. "If I drop this? Well...she's burnt burrito, baby."

Jaemin's eyes widened.

"Hey!" Hunter yelled from the door.

Skylar turned around. "Hunter?! What are you doing here?!" She then looked over at Jaemin.

Jaemin grinned and held up Miracle's phone. "One...don't leave warnings...especially when Miracle's brother is at home."

"Oh fuck you, still won't save her." Skylar lifted the cigarette and went to stab it into Jasmine's soaked hair only for a gun shot to ring out. Skylar's eyes widened and the cigarette fell to the floor and into the fire within the room.

Skylar stood there, eyes widened, blood spewing from her mouth and down her chin, she had been shot in the back. She turned around to look at Hunter who stood in the door, gun pulled out and aimed on her. "You made a huge mistake..."

Jaemin then lunged forward and tackled Skylar, the floor gave way as Skylar fell through and into the flames below, Hunter however, grabbed Jaemin by the arm, holding him up and he tossed the gun aside and started pulling Jaemin up, Skylar's agonizing screams echoed through out the house while Hunter pulled Jaemin back up.

"We got to get Jasmine out of here! This place is getting unstable!" Hunter said. "Not to mention...get her out of here without her entire lighter fluid soaked body touching any fire..." He shook his head, that should be really easy, he thought, sarcastically.

Jaemin sighed with relief when he was saved and looked down, watching Skylar as she rolled around and jerked and screamed in such pain as she burned and then she became slower and slower until the flames became so much that she couldn't even be seen anymore.

"So why did you want to see me? And come out here again?" Kevin asked, looking up at the stars from their place in his yacht out in the middle of the water.

"Maybe I shouldn't want to see you. Maybe we shouldn't be out here." Miracle looked up at him. "Jaemin wasn't there when I woke up and I just laid there...just thinking."

"About what?" Kevin asked.

"Well I know the only reason we have this...connection is because of Melanie." Miracle looked down. "You think that by loving me or...comforting me or...treating me whatever that it goes through to Melanie and for me..." Miracle looked up at Kevin. "For me, you're just one of many prince's in one of my many fairytales."

Kevin half smiled but it was almost in a sad way and quickly faded. "So we use each other.."

Miracle shrugged and looked up at the stars. "I guess...I just know that...I can't get the other night out of my head. I slept with Cody...with Sterling but neither stuck. Just me and you."

Kevin tilted his head to the side. "Have any idea why?"

Miracle smiled for a moment. "I told Jaemin it was because you were like the nice, non jerky version of Brad."

Kevin laughed. "Really? Do you really think that?"

"Well, aren't you?" Miracle asked, curiously.

Kevin smiled and then shook his head. "I would like to think that I am more than an empty head, muscle and a stomach full of steroids. By the way...that was a good one."

"What was good?" Miracle asked.

"That first day...I'm trying to remember exactly how you said it." Kevin looked up. "It was about your school introduction." He paused. "Oh right, you said to him and I quote. What would you have said if you had to stand in front of the class like that? Oh wait, I forgot, you’re as high on confidence as you are on steroids."

Miracle laughed and shook his head and then his smile faded. "I kind of feel like that was a completely different person that said that." He started to tear up. "I feel like I lost myself, I don't know why."

"Why? I mean why do you feel like you lost yourself?" Kevin asked, shrugging.

"Ever since my suicide attempt, I feel like all control has been taken away from me and it's all like this whirlwind and...I can't catch my own direction." Miracle looked at Kevin. "But that night, with you, despite everything, I don't know, it felt so right. I slept with Cody to give him the experience and then after Jaemin found out about me and you, I went off and slept with Sterling just to push the limits just for the hell of it."

"Do you feel guilty? At all?" Kevin asked.

"Well I should of been, Jaemin was out there in the water, god only knew what happened to him. All I know is that I was going off of my feelings, I'm emotional, not logical, I'm a feeler, not a thinker." Miracle looked at Kevin.

"So...what? You like me? You love me? What is it?"

Miracle grabbed his bottle of beer and took a sip. "I would feel dumb if I did, seeing as I'm just compensation for Melanie."

Kevin looked down. "I've actually thought about that myself, I've wondered if maybe I've confused myself, confused my grief for Melanie with my sympathy for you." He looked at Miracle. "I've never seen you cry before, I've never seen you broken...except...when..."

Miracle nodded, staring at his beer bottle. "Yeah, except when."

"I'll always hate that, always." Kevin looked over at Miracle. "But it's not guilt, when I saw you crying like that, I've thought about it and how I felt, not who I felt it about but just how I felt. I wanted to fix you, pick you up, save you. I just assumed it was Melanie, that it was some how about her." He sat his beer aside. "I guess I...didn't want to admit it."

Miracle laughed a little. "Poor Jasmine." He said regretfully. "I'm taking away all the guys around here." He looked at Kevin, confused. "Why do you think that is? Why does that happen?"

"I can't speak for anyone else but I think...for me, there is a certain attraction to the broken, everyone wants to be someones hero." He looked at Miracle. "And there's a certain adoration that forms when you see someone that's in need and you know that you can just...take them into your arms and save them."

"So if I'm ever happy they will hate me?" Miracle grinned at Kevin's idea.

"No." Kevin smiled. "But I think that is just one of many ways an attraction can form and even an attachment so long as a person feels needed, and Miracle, to be honest, I think you would make a person feel needed always."

"Jaemin told me the world can't love me, maybe not but what does one do when one loves many and those many expect that one to love them and them alone?"

"You mean when one has an opportunity with many but all those many want monogamy?" Kevin took a deep breath. "That one better hope they are incredibly decisive, because if not, I feel like that it might tear that one up inside."

"Bad news for me then, I'm completely indecisive." Miracle frowned, fiddling with his beer bottle.

"My best advice then is to pick someone and then get out of dodge."

"Yeah, but if what you say is true, won't the same situation just happen somewhere else?" Miracle asked.

"Not if you just keep going." Kevin said and then he wrapped an arm around Miracle's shoulders and looked at him. "Tonight though, it's just you and me, no pressure." Kevin stared at him and then closed his eyes, softly kissing him.

Miracle smiled after the kiss was broken and then sighed, resting his head against Kevin's shoulder.

"I almost became burnt toast! And she is not the only criminal! It's a conspiracy theory! I am telling you Laquisha! Why do you think we keep getting involved in these messes with you guys?!" Jasmine sighed and looked around. "Why the fuck are the firemen spraying the house? Sure, my Dad will be pissed but there is no saving it! They need to spray me off, I smell like gasoline!"

"Sure you can handle this little girl?" Ben grinned at Laquisha as he walked up with Charlie.

Laquisha rolled her eyes and stopped writing in her notebook pad. "At least I arrive on the scene on time. I already got all the story. Best thing you can do is find someone to wash this girl off before someones cigarette kills her."

"That's how she was going to kill me! She was going to smush a cigarette on my scalp!" Jasmine screamed.

Charlie took his cigarette out of his mouth, looked at it and then threw it clear across the street.

Ben narrowed his eyes at Laquisha. "Charlie, go and get one of the firemen to spray...what's her name down."

"Don't even know her name, how smart." Laquisha looked at her notebook. "It's Jasmine."

Charlie glared at both of them. "I'm tired of being the lackey who never talks."

"That's your own fault, personally I think you should set Ben straight." Laquisha said.

Charlie frowned and walked over to Jasmine. "Follow me." He then walked off with Jasmine to get her cleaned up.

"So you said the criminal, Skylar, she's dead?" Laquisha looked at Jaemin and Hunter.

"Yeah, I shot her in the back and Jaemin tacked her, the floor of the study gave way, she fell through and burnt to death, I managed to grab Jaemin in time and I pulled him back up and the story is as simple as that." Hunter said.

"Though I do know that she is connected to Eric from the marina. They are either family relation or business relation though she had frequent contact with her Dad who she only referred to as "Daddy" and she would only text her hit men. She was the one who had Cody's Dad killed and now his Mom has disappeared. When Kyler made his brief return, he was hanging out with her and then disappeared again when Kevin confronted him and he stabbed Kevin." Jaemin stopped there, wondering if he should spill the beans on Robin, that was to closely related on what happened to him and Sterling.

Jaemin shook his head. "She killed the man on the interstate, framed me and Sterling for it long enough for us to be forced to confront Miracle after she gave away that I kissed Sterling. Robin found out about it, she had Robin kidnapped and then claimed Robin was impregnated and then Cody disappeared from the mental hospital, his phone went off our GPS radar and neither have been seen since, Robin's phone still hovers over her house, meaning she left it there. She also restaged Miracle's suicide attempt, you would have to ask Sterling about all of that but she used Brian to do it, we suspect she might have restaged Miracle's initial attack before that by also using Brian but there is no evidence, none that she provided, at least I don't think."

Laquisha wrote this all down and shook her head the whole time. "Looks like someone is out for some serious revenge and I don't think it was this Skylar girl, I think it was this Eric guy."

"Oh and she revealed to me that my...not real Mom could not ever have biological children, that I was kidnapped and put into an illegal orphanage in which she took care of the children until they were old enough to be placed into human trafficking. I don't know her reasoning, I guess she developed some sort of morale, she had a one night stand with Da...Craig, nine months prior and then kidnapped me in the middle of the night and took off, went to him, claimed I was the biological child that they shared together. Information offered up by Skylar so she and Eric know about it. When I questioned Martha, she told the truth and did not deny it."

Laquisha was writing this all down as it was told to her. "This is an incredible amount of evidence and gives me a direction and quite a few leads." She lowered her notepad to look at the boys. "I will work on this and let you know what I find out." Ben started to open his mouth and she looked at him and shook her head. "Yes you can come with me." She rolled her eyes and looked at the boys. "You should notify Jasmine's Dad and we will cover expenses for a hotel for the night, give them time to figure out better arrangements."

Jasmine sighed as she walked back over to Jaemin and Hunter. "Look at me, I am soaking wet and all my clothes are burned, our furniture, how are we going to replace all of that?"

Jaemin looked at Jasmine. "Maybe Melanie's Dad or Sarah's family won't mind donating some stuff? I mean Melanie has two bed rooms I am sure, one at Paula's and one at Adam's. Plus clothes, not to mention that."

"Yeah but I just wonder how Kevin would react to all that." Jasmine shook her head.

"Who the fuck cares? He'll just have to understand the situation and get over it." Jaemin said.

"And there is stuff that is irreplaceable, memories." Jasmine shook her head, wrapping the blanket around her. "And even so, that only fixes my bed room and wardrobe, what about my Dad's? And his room? And his study? And the living room and the kitchen and dining room? Unless it's an eat in kitchen which we could work with." Jasmine sighed in frustration. "And our income to begin with? How would we even get a house unless Dad sold the restaurant and tried to get a job in this failed economy, renting would really be the most ideal option."

Hunter looked at Jasmine. "Did your Dad have home insurance? Because if he did, it would pay for this,"

Jasmine suddenly jerked her head towards Hunter. "Oh my god, I never thought about that. Of course he would. The divorce between him and my Mom, it was really very civil, my Mom let him keep the house, not so much for him but for me. It's not that she didn't want me but it's that she wanted to go up in the world, go back to college, become this hot shot business woman, and when she does? I am going to be proud of her. Point is, she advised him to get home insurance on the house."

"I'm glad things were easy between your parents." Jaemin said. "You got house insurance though, they will pay this off so you will, with the money and a loan, be able to get another house and furnishings, I still would check out getting donations from Sarah and Melanie. I think, up above, where they are, they would feel good that they could still help and what better use or place for their stuff to be than with you, a friend and it does save money."

Hunter nodded. "I agree."

"I'm sorry that you had to shoot your girlfriend, you deny it but I know you were really starting to like her." Jasmine looked at Hunter.

Hunter frowned. "I don't think it has really hit me yet, I just did what I had to in the heat of the moment."

"So what do you plan on doing?" Kevin asked.

"Well, Jaemin wants to go away for the summer, after the school year ends, thing is, he doesn't want to come back, ever." Miracle said.

"A clean break." Kevin stared at Miracle thoughtfully.

"I think I'm going to go, thing is, I'm scared you still won't be here waiting for me when I get back." Miracle looked down and reached out, taking Kevin's hand.

"Miracle..you know I'm a senior, I graduate this year." Kevin rubbed Miracle's hand with his thumb.

"So do what my brother did, go to local college. Or if you have to be a football player, it's not like we don't have a big college here." Miracle looked up at Kevin.

"I actually wanted to go to California to be honest." Kevin shrugged. "See if it would feel different." Kevin shrugged. "I don't know yet, I can't say. It might hurt you, but at the same time, it might help you. The pain will go away, you know how to make it stop."

"I can't bare the thought." Miracle shook his head and took a deep breath. "What are you going to be? Continue football?"

Kevin nodded. "That's my plan."

Miracle nodded. "I don't know what I'll be." He looked out at the water. "I just picture myself standing on an empty street after a heavy rain, soaked in water, tears from the sky as if the heavens were crying for me. Not knowing which way to turn...no direction."

"I think that's because you invest yourself so much into other guys that you don't invest anything in yourself. My dream was always to be a star football player and the thing about that is that it's something I can achieve on my own, it's a goal that I can reach and still find a life and a direction." Kevin reached over, lightly grasping Miracle's chin so that Miracle would look at him.

"Yours? Your dream is a fairytale love story, that is completely dependent on someone else and so if there is no one there, you fail, not because of you but because of the lack of another person and so...that sets a goal, a dream that is out of your control, whether you reach it or not depends on whether or not a person finds you and makes it happen." Kevin shook his head. "That's a horrible dream to have, it's a want that we all have but it should never be a lifes goal."

Miracle listened to Kevin and then slowly nodded. "That makes complete sense." He said and then lifted his shoulders in a shrug. "But how do you change when your identity has been nothing but looking for someone to make it happen and you're nothing more than that?"

"That's when you have to start searching for yourself, creating yourself." Kevin uncapped another beer and took a sip.

Robin walked to the pay phone in the diner where she and Cody had pretty much been hanging out all day. Cody had followed her. "I'm going to call the police." She put some quarters into the phone and dialed 911.

"Hello, this is 911 emergency."

"Transfer me to New York's 911, now." Robin said.

"Okay." The female dispatcher said and pushed a button, Robin would hear more ringing.

"911, what is your emergency?" A man answered this time.

"The amber alert? Your missing girl has been found, it's me, Robin Rose, my parents reported me missing."

"Okay, what is your location?" The dispatcher started to sound highly more serious.

"Well there has been a man stalking me this whole time and he had my friend Cody drugged up and kidnapped in the van but I saved him, that's why he went missing."

"Okay we will check that out, we just want to get you kids home safe. I really need your location." The man said.

"We're in Lovettsville, a diner called Bonnie's Country Kitchen. Been hanging out here pretty much...well for a while. I can't make it back to New York. I only have a quarter of a tank of gas and the crazy girl named Skylar who I am sure hired this man to follow me stole all the money out of my bank account and Cody has no way to access his money because he had been placed into a mental facility before they kidnapped him.

"Okay, stay there and we will send a helicopter to nearest hospital and contact highway patrol to pick you up and take you there." The dispatcher said.

Robin sighed with relief. "Okay, thank you so much, we won't be going or leaving anywhere!" Robin hung up and looked at Cody. "They are coming to save us." She smiled.

"Thank god." Cody smiled and walked with Robin back to their booth and he sat down along with her sitting down across from him. "I am so ready to get home."

"Me too, you would never think I would miss it so bad. I so would rather deal with my parents about the pregnancy than go through this. I mean...it's not like I did it on purpose, it was forced upon me."

"Nothing to feel guilty about. Except the thought of throwing monopoly money on the table and walking out." Cody grinned and laughed.

"Actually...there is." Robin frowned.

"What do you mean?" Cody tilted his head to the side.

"Your Dad dying." Robin looked at Cody, tears streaming down her face. "I think that was my fault. I just know in my heart that Skylar did it...and I think the only reason she even knew about the situation was because of me."

"What do you mean?" Cody asked.

"I had to pick her up when Sterling and Jaemin stole the SUV, you remember? You asked me to? Well she asked me if there were any other jobs she could do, said Miracle's was charity work for her, she said consider it charity work. I said it depends, if it's for or against the church." Robin looked down and shook her head. "Then I told her the situation about you and your Dad and how...you were." It felt awkward for Robin to say it right now for some reason.

"So that's why she set it up, made my Father like Jesus but she did it backwards, made him pay for his sins." Cody looked down. "For how he made me feel horrible, for how he made me feel like I had to suppress myself."

Robin looked up and wiped her eyes and she nodded. "It was because I told her." She looked at Cody. "Religion is supposed to help people, not hurt them and I think about everything, the way I treated Melanie and Jasmine and Miracle and most of all, you, my best friend. Religion caused your Dad to die." She took a deep breath. "I don't want to be hateful anymore. I support you, I want you to be open and honest and shine...because..." Robin trailed off. "Because it was us, it was the church that hurt you and that cost your Father his life because him and everyone else just would not accept people for who they are."

Cody smiled and looked up at her. "Thank you, Robin. I never thought this day would come. You don't know how much it means to me." He reached out for her hand.

Robin smiled and took his hand and lightly squeezed his hand. "Well it has, it should of come a long time ago."

"Doesn't matter, point is that it has come." Cody smiled.

Hunter stared at the burning house and took a deep breath. "I can't believe...she...she's gone."

Jaemin walked up beside him and placed a hand on his shoulder. "I'm sorry that...you lost her." Jaemin looked at the house as it started to crumble. "I wish we all got to see the side of her that you did."

"Wasn't much different, she was just as feisty...but not evil." Tears ran down Hunters face and he shook his head. "It was the first time I ever felt truly close to someone...to someone I could of possibly loved, I never opened myself up to someone before."

Jaemin frowned and wrapped his arms Hunter and rested his chin on Hunter's shoulder. "But you proved you can open up. You're in college, you are your own person now. You opened up, cracked the shell...now anyone can come in."

"Not like her..." Hunter shrugged away from Jaemin and turned around to look at him. "There will never be anyone like her, ever and now she is gone." Hunter fell down to sit on the edge of the sidewalk and covered his face as he started to cry.

"I know what that is like." Jaemin sat beside him. "I think everyone does, to find that person that seems one of a kind, truth is, every person is one of a kind because we are not all exactly the same. That is one of the many reasons why heartbreak hurts because what made her who she was, you know you will never find in another, there is or will never be no exact replication."

Hunter's hands lowered from his face. "Maybe I should of just burned with her, laid right next to her, took her hand and we would of took it head on together."

"That sounds morbidly romantic, sounds like something I would come up with." Jaemin smiled a little but only briefly. "But if you had, you wouldn't of saved me and then your own brother, biological or not, he would have suffered the fall back."

Hunter didn't say anything for several moments as he just stared at the fire. "I should go home...just burry myself in books again." He shook his head. "I don't even know what I want to become. Skylar freed me from the waste and confusion of that path." Hunter stood up and started walking off down the street.

Jaemin frowned, watching Hunter walk off.

"They finally washed me off." Jasmine walked over to Jaemin and then over at Hunter who was walking off. "What happened?"

"A broken heart." Jaemin stood up.

"Wait...he fell in love with Skylar?" Jasmine asked.

"He did, in many different ways." Jaemin turned towards her. "But love wasn't enough for him to let someone innocent die. So he sacrificed all of it...for you."

Jasmine looked saddened. "I feel horrible. If I hadn't pulled that stupid stunt with the fire extinguisher. I mean she was back tracking with her consequences, right?"

Jaemin shook his head. "Don't feel guilty about anything, you had no way of knowing."

Jasmine sighed and shook her head. "If Kevin wasn't being so stupid he would of probably been there, he used to always be at my house." She shook her head. "Do you want to go grab a bite with me and my Dad? He's about to get off work and he's going to swing by a store somewhere and buy me a dry outfit."

Jaemin shook his head. "I should probably get back myself. I'm trying my hardest to keep Miracle on a short leash, I really try so hard to understand that it's not his fault that his mind is messed up but when ever he gets left alone with a guy that's willing...he just forgets the rest of his life, gets caught up in the fantasy and..."

Jasmine quickly nodded. "I think I get the point. Me and Sarah kinda saw a sample at that hotel with Eric. Miracle tried to resist but...it didn't take much to break him down."

"Yeah...and sometimes it takes nothing at all." Jaemin mumbled.

"Well, you know, if you do leave...I'll miss you terribly." Kevin said, brushing the back of his fingers along Miracle's cheek.

Miracle smiled and looked down. "I think I'll always be confused about everything."

Kevin's hand fell to his side and he stared at Miracle adoringly. "Sometimes you just have to do things and stop worrying if...if it's the right thing. Or if you might regret it later. You can't predict the future."

Miracle looked up at Kevin. "I'm just scared that if I leave that you won't be here when I get back." He paused. "Well you will be here but...not here." Miracle then placed his hand over Kevin's heart. "Or rather, I might not be there. And...I don't know how I would be able to handle that. I don't want to let anyone go."

Kevin took Miracle's hand in his own and kissed his knuckles and stood up, stepping out of the boat and onto the pier, helping Miracle out. "It's a chance, that is what life is all about, it's just the way it is." He wrapped his other arm around Miracle's waist and pulled him close, kissing him softly.

Miracle returned the kiss and smiled briefly after it was broken before shrugging away and taking a step back. "Yeah, well I wait for the day something dramatic happens. Maybe the sky will be on fire." Miracle smiled again and turned around, walking away from Kevin, not letting himself look back.

Kevin stood there, watching Miracle further the distance until he was out of sight. "Most would be afraid of such a thing." He said to himself and then headed towards his car, fishing his keys out of his pocket.

Miracle had called a cab and was watching the lights as the buildings just seemed to pass by, the lights blurring through the rain that had began to pour. "Just drive...I don't know where I want to go yet." He told the driver and sat back, thinking about everything, literally everything, from the very last day he spent in Australia, up until now and he really wasn't sure what to make of any of it.

He wondered if he would be better off alone, he wondered if that would make him feel free. Then again he wondered if he could handle the loneliness of being alone. He looked down, his index finger scratching the palm of his other hand. A deep breath was released and he leaned towards the door, letting his head press against the window.

"Would you dance in the rain? Would you...be afraid if the sky were on fire? Like...if it were on fire but gravity didn't apply to it and you could just look at it, the flames, no smoke, just clouds and light illuminating through everything? Could you...ever imagine things beyond imagining? Things...just things that you can picture in your head but no matter what words you use, no one would ever be able to visualize it the same way that you do?"

The driver shrugged. "Never thought of those things before, I just see whats in front of me."

"That's sad...because most of what is in front of you is ugly." Miracle made a face. "But then what if you loved to much? What if you shared that love to much? So much that it broke all the rules? But despite it, all those that you love, they all understand, at least a little, enough to forgive you for slipping up. But then what if they all want you to love only them? What if when you are with each one alone, you want to love only that person but then when you're with one of the others, you get that exact same feeling?" Miracle's eyes shifted towards the driver. "Like splitting lives except that you don't mean to and you're not trying to have your cake and eat it too, you just honestly feel that strongly about each and every one of them."

The driver sighed. "I would say that you have a mess on your hands."

Miracle frowned, the drivers responses were so simplistic, he could never understand why so many people simplified their lives into such quick answers and shallow uncomplex feelings but maybe that was how it was really supposed to be? He sighed and looked out the window again, watching the rain.

Kyler walked into the office. "You called me, sir?"

The tall office chair behind the desk spun around to reveal Eric sitting in the chair and he looked none to pleased with tonights events. "As you may or may not know, my daughter has died tonight. I tried to warn her about the recklessness of her dealings." Eric looked up at Kyler and shook his head. "She was lucky she was not caught from the very start, that incident with Cody's Father was..." Eric's eyes shifted to the side and he shook his head. "I have no words for how careless that was, four witnesses. I guess it was the mafia facade that she gave off that struck the fear of God into her witnesses."

Kyler nodded. "Well, if I may speak, those video's and texts were really incriminating as well and they still float out there on those phones."

Eric nodded. "I am aware of that. I know a text was sent to Miracle's phone, two video texts, one of Jaemin's infidelity in which she video taped herself and then another warning of her next move."

"Any others?" Kyler asked.

"One was sent to Sterling's phone, warning him of Brian's...suicide attempt." Eric lifted a hand and rubbed his chin, closing his eyes as he shook his head. "A Fable consequence and action technique, fitting but she carried it out so wrong." His face tensed up in stress.

"What would you like for me to do?" Kyler asked.

"Well her phone is obviously destroyed, I need Miracle and Sterling's phones eliminated before they get the bright idea to turn them in before they try, if they already haven't, connected her to me." Eric then opened a drawer and pulled out a roll of cash and laid it upon the desk. "Then I need you to get revenge on all involved in my daughters death, of course that will require obtaining police information. Miracle didn't kill her, no way that he could of. Now you can do that or...target Jasmine for the information." Eric looked up at Kyler. "However you choose to do it...just learn from her mistakes, snatch the phones in a hurry and then lay low, let the steam roll off the house." Eric grinned.

Kyler took the roll of money and shoved it into his pocket and nodded. "Understood, I won't fail you."

"Better not, I have no feeling for you, a puppet you simply are to me." Eric smiled and then nodded his head. "The door."

Kyler nodded and turned around, walking towards the door.

Copyright © 2014 x Trevor x; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Jesus, like father, like daughter. Or like daughter, like father. Either way, they're both fucked up.

 

I am SO glad Skylar's dead, but I won't believe it until I see her ashes. lol She's probably like a cat - with nine lives. lol

 

Yes, Jasmine's father's homeowner's insurance will cover the damage to the house. I don't think you can buy a house without purchasing homeowner's insurance.

 

I also think you can dial 911 from a payphone without putting money in.

 

I wanted to smack Hunter upside his head! He did the absolute BEST thing by shooting that psycho Skylar. He thinks he was in love with her? He thinks he knew the real her? The one who wasn't an evit bitch? Omg, get a fucking grip, Hunter! You're in college now; you'll probably meet gaggles of girls, lol. Jesus.

 

In response to your reviewer response, I guess Miracle and Jae are like Sami and EJ. I was in one of my kids' rooms the other day flipping around for the weather and I went by NBC and I saw Sami and EJ and she was asking him if they should get married or something, I don't remember, but I thought, OMG, it's "Days of Our Lives"!!! Where's Will and Sonny??? I heard that Chandler Massey was leaving. That's a shame. He was some good eye candy! lol If I had been actively keeping up with the show, I'd be really upset. I think he and Freddie had great chemistry. So I happened to be reading the story of his recast in the middle of this review, and there were so many comments, I got caught up in them. lol I am easily distracted.

 

Anyway...I hope Kyler fails to do what Eric told him.

Link to comment
On 01/06/2014 01:01 PM, Lisa said:
Jesus, like father, like daughter. Or like daughter, like father. Either way, they're both fucked up.

 

I am SO glad Skylar's dead, but I won't believe it until I see her ashes. lol She's probably like a cat - with nine lives. lol

 

Yes, Jasmine's father's homeowner's insurance will cover the damage to the house. I don't think you can buy a house without purchasing homeowner's insurance.

 

I also think you can dial 911 from a payphone without putting money in.

 

I wanted to smack Hunter upside his head! He did the absolute BEST thing by shooting that psycho Skylar. He thinks he was in love with her? He thinks he knew the real her? The one who wasn't an evit bitch? Omg, get a fucking grip, Hunter! You're in college now; you'll probably meet gaggles of girls, lol. Jesus.

 

In response to your reviewer response, I guess Miracle and Jae are like Sami and EJ. I was in one of my kids' rooms the other day flipping around for the weather and I went by NBC and I saw Sami and EJ and she was asking him if they should get married or something, I don't remember, but I thought, OMG, it's "Days of Our Lives"!!! Where's Will and Sonny??? I heard that Chandler Massey was leaving. That's a shame. He was some good eye candy! lol If I had been actively keeping up with the show, I'd be really upset. I think he and Freddie had great chemistry. So I happened to be reading the story of his recast in the middle of this review, and there were so many comments, I got caught up in them. lol I am easily distracted.

 

Anyway...I hope Kyler fails to do what Eric told him.

Lol Skylar might just be lurking around like a Freddie Kruger (Not sure if I spelled his name right.) But if she did live and managed to get outside and rolled the fire off, her skin would be broiled, Fable will have delivered her a consequence! Hahaha!

 

And yes 911 is free, I just think poor Robin's stress levels are to high. Her college funds were swiped and then when you use the last bit of change to call Jasmine and she just throws the phone down and starts arguing with Kevin? LMAO. Not to mention she ran away because she ended up mysteriously pregnant. Who knows who the Daddy is? lol.

 

The next chapter will be out soon though I doubt with what comes out about Skylar, I doubt Hunter's feelings for her and Skylar herself will be given any more sympathy but who knows? You might throw me a surprise by what I throw at you? And there is more mystery to come.

 

As for Days, Will is getting recasted. Wondering who they are going to recast with.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..