Jump to content
    x Trevor x
  • Author
  • 9,106 Words
  • 1,010 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Like a Train Wreck - 50. Chapter 50: New York Again

The taxi pulled up at Miracle's house and he looked out of the window. "Thats it." Miracle said. "It's funny how it doesn't look like it's changed."

Issac grinned. "Because they usually don't unless you move out, let it go and it gets ugly and becomes a good haunted house." He bumped shoulders with Miracle.

Miracle laughed and opened the door, climbing out, Issac followed as Dayna got out on the other side and they moved to the trunk to get their luggage and then headed for the house.

"Hey, Miracle." Craig walked into the living room and hugged him. "It's so great to have you home." He smiled. "I'm so sorry about how things were before."

Miracle dropped his luggage by the door and hugged Craig. "Thanks." He said and then pulled back. "This is Issac and Dayna."

Craig smiled and nodded. "Nice to meet you both. If you would, follow me." Craig lead them down the hall, showing Issac into Miracle's room and then stopped at Hunter's room. "Hope you don't mind a guys room for a little while. I'm sure Erica will remake it but she is...a little upset right now."

Dayna smiled. "It's fine, no rush." She walked into the room. "Thanks." She said as she sat her luggage down.

Miracle walked down the hall and looked into his room. "Hey, will you be okay for a bit?" He looked at Issac. "I got a few places to go. There should be some empty drawers where Jaemin kept his stuff and then his side of the closet, it's empty too, so there is plenty of room."

Issac nodded. "Yeah." He looked around. "I'll be fine, you go ahead."

Miracle walked into the room and wrapped his arms around Issac and kissed him. "Be back in a bit." He grinned and ran out into the hall. "I'm stealing your car again!" He laughed.

Issac smiled and looked around. "Overwhelming." He looked around Miracle's room, moving in and exploring would give him plenty to do.

Miracle drove down the road, obviously his next stop would be to his best friends house and then up ahead, he saw that familiar apartment building. A smile appeared and he pulled up out front and parked, taking the keys with him as he hopped out and shut the door.

Miracle headed to the front doors and looked at the buttons and pushed the one for Nancy's intercom. "Hello? Nancy? It's me, surprise!" He released the button and laughed.

"Miracle?" Nancy's voice rang forth from the speaker. "Come in." She then buzzed for the doors to unlock.

Miracle opened one of the double doors and walked in, he pressed the button for the elevator and waited for a moment until it chimed and the doors slid open. He stepped inside and selected the third floor. Once reaching the third level, he headed down the hall to the right apartment and knocked on the door.

Nancy opened the door and smiled. "I am so glad to see you back! You caught me just before I was about to go out. How is everything?"

Miracle smiled. "Well, great, I guess. Could of been better but it could of been worse too. Maybe." Miracle shook his head. "I'm being confusing, sorry. Is Sterling home?"

Nancy laughed. "Don't worry about it, being a teenager can be a confusing time." Her smile then quickly faded. "Uh, no he isn't. Actually, he moved out."

"Moved out?" Miracle looked confused. "One time I talked to him, he was in his room."

"Yeah, he had come to get some extra clothes, he's kinda been getting bits at a time." Nancy tapped the door, her red manicured nails making light clicking sounds. "You remember uh..where Robin lived? He moved there."

Miracle thought about it, thinking back to when he skyped Sterling with Aiden in the jeep, he did look like he had been some where else and not in the room that he had remembered like the first time he skyped. Then when Nancy mentioned Robin's house, he thought about how they left Robin laying across her steps after leaving the club.

"Why would Sterling move there?" Miracle asked, confused, part of him wanted to ask if the woman could even afford to buy that house for Sterling but he didn't want to insult her.

"Um...why don't you go and talk to him yourself? It's really not my place." Nancy said, uncomfortably.

Miracle looked even more confused. "Okay, sure, bye." Miracle turned around and walked off.

Miracle looked out at Robin's house after making it out of the mainstream of the city and he pulled down the drive way, seeing a silver kia optima and a red saturn parked side by side in the spacious drive way, in front of the two door garage. He parked behind the two vehicles and stared at them, confused but then nothing was making sense to him and now his mission was to find the answers. He got out of the car and walked around and down the walk way that lead to the steps and made it onto the porch, knocking on the door.

A woman came to the door and opened it. "Uh..hi? Can I help you?"

Miracle's eyebrows lifted. "Oh, if you could cure a serious case of confusion."

"Oh my god, you were the one that skyped a little while back." She shook her head and smiled. "I'm Ashley, Robin's sister."

"Robin's sister? I didn't know Robin had a sister." Miracle said.

"Well I was away, private school, more suited for our family, Robin always insisted on going public though but I kind of understood her reasons." Ashley smiled briefly. "Then she died so awfully and then our parents, and I inherited the house and everything..."

"Which begs me to ask.." Miracle paused. "Oh crap, I'm speaking like Aiden now." He shook his head. "Uh, why is Sterling living here? He wasn't even really close to Robin."

Sterling walked over to the door and saw Ashley at the door and Miracle standing there. "Miracle, I didn't expect you." He walked closer to the door and looked out.

"Well, I broke up with Jaemin, I don't remember if I told you and then I graduated and uh..I decided, why not?"

Ashley frowned. "Sterling, I'll be in the house when...uh...certain things aren't being talked about." She smiled and walked off into the house.

Miracle looked at Ashley. "Wow, someone needs to work on her next. Given that, why would she even let you move in? Okay...I am very confused here."

Sterling looked down. "Well, to put it quite simply, we are together, we're moving to Fort Bragg, I joined the military and we're going to marry while shes in the first trimester."

Miracle squinted at Sterling and his head shifted slightly forward. "What? Did I just hallucinate?"

"No, you didn't." Sterling looked up at him.

Miracle's eyes widened. "How in the hell? Sterling, you don't just do that. Is she a witch? Oh my god, maybe Eric got her, you were held prisoner and brainwashed. That's what he did to Kyler."

"Miracle..." Sterling looked down. "If he could brainwash, wouldn't he of just done it to you at the party and made you his happy lover forever? If he could do that, wouldn't he of made sure that you were with him right now?"

"Maybe his expert was on vacation while I was at the..party..." Miracle looked down.

"You know that's not true." Sterling looked up at him.

"I..don't understand." Miracle looked up. "This...this is not you."

"Things change, people change." Sterling took a deep breath. "I just..decided to open myself up to a side of life that I hadn't seen before. I didn't know where it would go. And it all just happened and this is where it brought me."

"Why wouldn't Jasmine tell me? She wouldn't keep secrets from me." Miracle shook his head.

"It wasn't her place and..I didn't know you would ever come back so..I thought it would be nice for you if things were left as they were for you." Sterling shook his head. "I wanted to leave your memories like they were left."

"That isn't fair." Miracle looked up. "Who are you to decide how my memories should be?" Miracle quickly wiped at his tearful eyes. "Better yet, who are you at all?" Miracle turned around and walked down the steps.

Sterling sighed, watching Miracle. "I'm sorry."

Miracle got to the bottom step and turned around and looked at Sterling. "Don't be, you're a dead memory." He shook his head and went to get in his car and leave.

Sterling heard the sound of Miracle's engine and watched him back out and take off down the road. He frowned and stepped back and shut the door.

Jasmine opened the door and smiled. "Miracle!" Her smile slowly faded when she saw that he was upset. "You found out...Look it wasn't my place. You know I wouldn't keep secrets from you."

"Jasmine, it's okay." Miracle sniffled and shook his head. "It wasn't your responsibility. I just...still don't understand how that could happen. He just said that he opened up to a different side of life. Why would he even do that? Has he been with anyone since me? Or did I just haunt him or fuck him over that damn bad?"

Jasmine stepped aside. "Come in."

Miracle walked in and moved over to the couch and sat down.

"He wasn't with anyone since you, then he met Ashley." Jasmine sat down beside him. "They met at the funeral, Robin's funeral and she had come back for that but it wasn't a total hit off right away and then Robin's parents and there was that funeral and..." Jasmine shook her head. "I don't really know, Sterling and I weren't close, you were the glue of all of us."

Miracle looked at the floor. "So you just don't know, they just talked and then...bam?"

"Well then there was prom, our prom and they came together, I just assumed he did it as a friendly thing. Honestly, I wondered where Cody was of all people." Jasmine explained.

"And where was he?" Miracle asked.

"He...just holed up in that church apartment and really cut off, went to school and then went straight home, withdrew completely." Jasmine shrugged.

"I just wish you could give me some kind of answer because I can't make sense of it in my mind..." Miracle looked around.

Jasmine sighed. "I don't think he would lie to you but...if it was something about you, if you, I don't know, made him want to change. It's like when a girl has a bad experience with a guy and she gets mad and says all men suck but it's just blowing off steam."

"But if I made him feel like that, he literally felt that way and actually did it." Miracle said. "And he knew how to hide it real well."

"And it's hard to understand how someone could change an aspect of their life that is so big and uncontrollable." Jasmine nodded. "I mean, I know I couldn't just go lesbian no matter how bad things got." She shook her head. "I mean I could do it but it wouldn't be natural and...in the long run, he will probably find himself really unhappy."

"He already seemed unhappy, I could tell." Miracle looked at Jasmine. "So how are things going for you?"

"Well they are great. My Dad's restaurant is going good, we put Brian through rehab and now he goes to meetings, he's been clean and he's happy and we hang out a lot, he's like the big brother I never had." She laughed a little.

Miracle smiled. "Well I'm happy that this set up worked for you then, at least you got something good out of what Skylar did."

Jasmine laughed. "I'll never forget that girl. And it'll always remind me of the stunt I pulled, which I love to remember."

Miracle nodded and wiped his face dry. "Well I'm sorry to cut this all short but I'm kinda jet lagged, the packing, graduation, traveling, it's been so crazy and I kind of just want to go home and dive face first in bed."

Jasmine grinned and nodded. "I totally get that. We'll get together though, do something fun, catch up."

"That'll be great." Miracle smiled and then got up and walked out of the house to go home.

Miracle and Issac laid in bed together after a morning bliss. Issac grinned. "So what do you want to do?"

"Well, I could show you around the city, I know some spots that have the best views." Miracle smiled.

Issac grinned and then he shook his head, a more serious expression appearing. "First, I want to say that I'm sorry about what happened with your friend, I can't even imagine how hurtful or even how confusing that must be for you. Secondly, I really think you should try to find Jaemin."

Miracle shook his head. "I don't even want to think about Sterling right now. That's like trying to figure out how someone spins their head all the way around." Miracle looked at Issac. "Jaemin? Why would you want me to look for him. He's my ex..."

"I'm not threatened by him and honestly for him to give up...I think he was really hurt. I think that it's left unfinished. I have to acknowledge that he was a big love of your life, probably your first biggest love and for something like that to..." Issac looked up. "I just don't think the words are finished, if that makes sense.

"You want me to talk to him." Miracle nodded. "I want to, it crushed me when he walked away, I said some pretty horrible things." He sat up and climbed out of bed and started gathering some clothes. "I'll go look, I really hope I can find him and then...we'll go and do something."

"Miracle, don't worry about me, there are alot of things you need to do here, now that you're back, I understand that. I can find my own way for now and eventually everything will all balance out, you need to reconnect." Issac smiled.

Miracle fastened his jeans and then fell to his knees beside the bed. "You're perfect." He kissed Issac and then grabbed a shirt and pulled it on before grabbing his shoes. "Be back in a bit." He ran out of the room.

Issac watched Miracle head out of the room. "Not perfect, but hopefully good enough to take care of your problem." Issac mumbled and got out of bed and grabbed a pair of boxers and some jeans, slipping those on before he went to work unhooking Miracles computer so that he could replace it with his own.

Dayna walked down the hall and looked into the room. "What are you doing?"

"Minding my own business, unlike you." Issac said.

"Not when you're trading out someones computer." Dayna walked in and leaned against the wall by the door, crossing her arms.

"I need to do something and I need my computer for it, mine is far better built than that one. I highly doubt he will mind. If he does, I can fix it back." Issac sighed, having the monitor and tower in place and then he started hooking things up.

"And what are you doing?" Dayna asked.

"Well now I'm asking you to put Miracle's computer in a nice neat pile in the corner so it's not a mess." Issac went under the desk to hook more things up and finally came up and sat in the computer chair and sighed, hitting the power button.

Dayna rolled her eyes and walked over, picked the monitor up and walked to the closet and put the monitor in and at the side, out of the way, she then walked and repeated the process with the tower. "There, I did that, you can do the rest of it."

"Fine, whatever. Actually, now, everythings classified, so get out." Issac looked at Dayna.

Dayna laughed and walked towards the door. "Sure, whatever." She said as she walked out of the door.

Issac waited without patience for the computer to load and then grabbed his cell phone and dialed information and brought the phone to his ear. "Yeah, I need a taxi service." He paused for a moment. "Oh, just connect me."

Dayna stood in the hall, at the side of Miracle's door, listening to what was going on.

Issac gave the taxi company the address of pick up. "Yeah, just send a taxi here and I'll order the destination then, I'm not entirely sure of the destination yet." Issac grinned. "Thanks." He hung up

Dayna grabbed her phone out of her pocket and used her web browser to look up taxi services.

Issac pulled up a program and went into the history and after a few moments on the program. "Okay, that's where I'm going." He stood up and grabbed a shirt, throwing it on as he headed for the door.

Dayna's eyes widened and she quickly and quietly ran and barely slipped inside Hunter's room as Issac walked out and off to the living room. Her eyes narrowed and she came out and went into Miracle's room and headed to the computer, seeing that her brothers GPS program was zeroed in on an island not far off from the city, she then looked off to the side, seeing a marina. "Such a dumbass." She said as she started calling for a taxi herself.

Miracle walked into the warehouse and looked around, his eyes then fell onto that table, it was still there, to his surprise. A deep breath was taken and he looked away and walked further into the warehouse, seeing several homeless people, drugs and mattresses and other items laying about, part of him started to wonder if other people had actually been there that night, if people had been there and simply did nothing.

None were Jaemin, that was something that he knew for sure. And then he found himself bumping into the table. He looked down at it and took a step back and a hand ran up and through his stubbornly kept blonde hair. For him it was a small way of leaving some of the bad parts of his life behind, like what had happened right where he was right now.

He shook his head and turned around and walked out of the warehouse and across some train tracks and onto the street again where he had parked the lexus, off to the side. He got into the car and leaned forward, resting his head on the steering wheel.

"Coming back here is so strange..." He mumbled to himself. He sat up and looked around. "What if I don't find Jaemin? I only know few places to look." He said, thinking out loud.

The car was started and he pulled back onto the road and started driving down the street again, heading back into the main traffic and upon pulling up to a stop light, he leaned forward and his eyebrows lifted as his eyes gazed up towards the Empire State Building in the distance. He sat back and then when the light turned green, he drove on, knowing where his next destination would be, they had talked about that place a few times. More importantly to him, he had the best of memories there. It was those memories that brought the tears to his eyes.

Miracle got into the elevator and pressed the button to the right floor. He looked around at all the other people, most likely tourists and he leaned against the wall, feeling mostly claustrophobic. Now he started to wonder if Jaemin would even be here, they came at night for a reason, they came at the hours when they could be alone. His eyes closed and he waited and eventually he heard the chime and the doors slid open. His eyes opened and he let everyone get out and then he stepped to the door and reached out to hold it open and looked around, not seeing Jaemin anywhere. His head lowered and he stepped back, pushed the button to go down and the elevator headed down again.

Dayna watched Issac take off in the taxi and shook her head, thankfully the timing of both taxi's seemed to be just in the right order as hers pulled up. She headed out and shut the door behind her and walked out, opening the back door and she got in and handed a piece of paper to the man. "You see that marina there? That's where I want to go." She sat her purse to the side.

The man grinned and nodded. "You got it." He then started driving.

Dayna rolled her eyes and crossed one leg over the other and crossed her arms, shaking her head. "If I die, he's getting haunted forever." She mumbled.

"Hey, could I get that paper back." Issac looked up at the cab driver, who handed it back to him. Issac took it back and looked at it. "So, as you see, I was mostly zoomed in on this island, how would one go about getting to that particular island?"

"Well, that is a private property, a very wealthy family lives there and they are very picky, you..don't just take a boat, cross over and knock on the door and hope to get in." The man said.

"So a boat there is like a front door? You get approved by their boats man?" Issac asked.

"That's it, I think. Though if they are having a party, if you're lucky, you might get on their party boat." The taxi driver laughed.

Issac nodded thoughtfully. "Hmm..." He looked between the island and the marina.

"So..I am just curious, how might one get access to this island without being approved?" Dayna asked.

"Well it depends on their security. A girl last year posed as the mans girlfriend and gained entry into the marina when it was ordered to be closed off, you pay enough money and you can get it to shut down real early. Of course the guard at the gate was a marina worker, I think, and not one of the family guards, so I doubt he knew any better." The driver explained to Dayna.

"Okay." Dayna said, looking at the paper, thinking about how much trouble Issac was going to be in.

"Cody?" Miracle spoke into the phone, heading towards his car.

"Miracle, hi." Cody said.

"I was just wondering if you might know where Jaemin was? He isn't at Jasmine's and well...I damn sure know he isn't at Sterlings..." Miracle leaned against the driver side of the lexus.

"He came by but, I really didn't want any company. So.." Cody trailed off.

"Did anyone tell you about your Mom?" Miracle asked.

"No." Cody said.

"Oh...okay."

"What about her?" Cody asked.

"It's nothing, please just don't ask." Miracle said.

"Not hard to do, I just want to be alone, really, just alone."

"Okay...well thanks." Miracle pulled the phone away and hung up. He looked up and took a deep breath. "Well that's it...I don't know." Miracle frowned. "I guess you can't find when someone doesn't want to be found." Miracle closed his eyes, remembering the sound of those keys hitting the floor of the deck at his feet.

"Or you can." Jaemin walked around the car.

Miracle looked over. "How did you know I was here? How were you here? You weren't..."

"I wouldn't go up there without you." Jaemin walked closer. "I just come around from time to time, wondering if...this..would ever happen."

"Well it did." Miracle stepped closer. "It was Issac's idea, you know, that I look for you."

"So he came with you? How many more of the new..."

"Just him and his sister." Miracle interrupted. "They arranged for my Mom to be at graduation and then it was all decided that we would come back and everything was..made."

"How has it been? Being back?"

"I thought it would be like coming home, like before but...it's stranger than ever." Miracle looked down. "Almost wrong."

Jaemin frowned. "Why?"

"Sterling...he's with a woman, Robin's older sister. He got her pregnant, their all engaged, he joined the army, they are going away and..." Miracle looked up at Jaemin.

"And you're lost." Jaemin smiled a little and only briefly. "He was your best friend, that's something hard to understand, actually shocks me too, now that you've told me."

"You didn't know?" Miracle asked.

"Haven't talked to anyone." Jaemin shook his head.

"Well, it's just hard to process. I just don't get it."

"Then don't try."

"Aiden had asked me that, he asked me if I thought that if I came back, everything would be the same. He asked me what would of happened after graduation if I had never left, he said everything would of probably changed anyway. He said maybe I was just supposed to leave sooner." Miracle looked up at Jaemin. "What do you think?"

"I don't try to run every scenario in my head, I just take what is and worry only about what matters to me." Jaemin lightly grabbed Miracle's shoulders. "I'll never stop loving you...but there is only so much I can take."

Miracle looked up and he wanted to cry. "That's the reason, if I had stayed, Sterling would have never moved on, mistake or not. And you had to leave or you would of never moved on..."

"And you came back to early because I haven't moved on. I don't think I could ever move on, I'd rather die. Through the good and the bad, I want it to all be with you."

Miracle stepped closer and wrapped his arms around Jaemin and hugged him.

Jaemin held Miracle close. "We're home now."

"Just stay here." Dayna threw a couple of fives at the taxi driver.

"The fuck? You think this is going to pay for it?" The taxi driver looks at her like she is crazy.

Dayna ignores him and slams the door as she walks by Issac's taxi and into the marina and sees him standing in the middle. "Hey, dumbass!" She called out.

Issac turned around. "What are you doing here?!" He waved his hand with the paper.

"Wondering how you think you're going to get to this island!" Dayna waved her paper.

Issac looked at her paper and then saw another taxi behind his. He looked at Dayna. "Do me a favor, get out of my head!"

"I don't want to be in it!" Dayna sighed. "Okay, look, Miracle's brother is a shooter or something, there's pictures." She digs her phone out of the purse. "I got his number so I could call him to clean out the rest of his room so I can remake it."

Issac stared at Dayna.

Dayna looked at him. "What? You think they are unarmed?"

"Maybe we should be figuring out how to even get there first. And did it occur do you that we might be searched? Yeah, they might frisk you." Issac grinned.

"Shut up, I'll punch him." Dayna said, pulling out her phone. "My driver told me that the guy paid money to have this place closed early one night and that a girl last year got access by pretending to be his girlfriend. Though he said it was probably marina security and not personal, otherwise they would have likely known better."

"Why don't we just tell him what he wants to hear?" Issac crossed his arms.

"What? That we know where Miracle is?" Dayna stared at him.

"Long enough to get in." Issac said.

"Yeah but then we'll go and be taken straight to Eric and can't wander around to find Faye, idiot!"

"Okay, you got a better idea?" Issac asked.

"We could get an air mattress and paddle there." Dayna said.

Issac started laughing. "Oh! Yeah, that is just so sneaky!"

"Why don't we scuba dive there?!" Dayna shook her head.

Issac looked up. "That's not a bad idea..." He paused. "If you don't tire out. Are we even that physically fit?"

"Probably not you. Lazy ass, eating chips and drinking soda." Dayna rolled her eyes.

"And you are? Cramming books and studying all the time, your eye muscles are probably real strong!" Issac sighed, frustrated.

"You better do something with the taxi's or they are going to get mad!"

"Screw the taxi drivers." Issac mumbled.

"Wait...your Dad's a doctor." Issac said.

"Yeah, so?" Dayna looked up.

"We could drug them and just take the boat."

Dayna laughed. "Okay, first of all, why would my Dad prescribe me that kind of drug? And all the way to a New York pharmacy?"

"Well you said a girl got into the marina posing as Eric's girlfriend." Issac said.

"Yeah, but he didn't say what happened to her." Dayna shrugged. "He didn't even say why she did it."

"Why don't we find out?" Issac nodded towards Dayna's phone.

Dayna rolled her eyes and started tapping at her phone, scrolled it and then clicked a link. "Okay, girl attacks man at marina, claims friend was in danger. Melanie Reyes, daugher of pharmacist, Adam Reyes, attacked a man and drugged him in an attempt to subdue him, claiming her friend was in danger." Dayna shook her.

"So, my theory was correct, a girl wouldn't go in with nothing, shes going in packing some kind of heat. Drugs, her Dad owns a pharmacy, if she had access to it..."

"What does this have to do with my Dad? He still won't prescribe me something like that. Who knows what kind of serious drug this girl used, she probably went inside and stole it." Dayna shrugged.

"Well, now we don't need your Dad, we can just find this girl and she'll do it." Issac said.

Dayna laughed. "Shes just going to do that for you?" Dayna looks down, messing with her phone. "Ha...to bad, shes dead."

"Dead?" Issac looked up.

"Yep, someone wrecked her dead and something about propping someone in a car and...putting a knife in it." She shook her head, barely looking over the article. "She was a pretty girl though, look at the picture." Dayna showed Issac her phone.

Issac looked at Dayna's phone. "So...that's the girl that Aiden talked about." He looked up. "She was one of Miracle's friends."

"Figures, Miracle had connections." Dayna's hand fell to her side.

"Well why don't we just call Miracle, see what he wants to do." Issac grabbed his phone and dialed Miracle.

Miracle sighed and then heard his phone ring. "Sorry." He pulled away from Jaemin and grabbed his phone. "It's Issac."

Jaemin nodded and stepped back. "He came with you."

"Yeah, he came and his sister, Dayna." Miracle looked up at Jaemin. "I haven't fallen in love with the guy, okay?" He answered the phone. "Hello?"

Jaemin nodded and looked around.

"I'm at the marina, Dayna followed me here and we're trying to figure out how to save Faye." Issac said.

"Three way me in!" Dayna demanded.

"So I can hear an echo? No!" Issac waved a hand at Dayna.

"What? You are trying to go to the island?" Miracle questioned.

"They're what? Why?!" Jaemin looked at Miracle.

"Hold on." Miracle pulled the phone away. "Dayna was messing in Issac's room, cloaked her phone number, called Eric and Cody's Mom, Faye, answered and said she was being held prisoner and didn't know where she was. Eric wakes up, grabs the phone and hangs it up." Miracle pulled the phone back to his ear. "You guys know that you got to get on the boat, right? How are you going to do that?"

"Put it on speaker." Jaemin grabbed the phone and put it on speaker. "Talk carefully, it's on speaker."

Dayna grabbed Issac's phone and pressed speaker.

"Well same to ya, Jaemin!" He smiled at Dayna.

"How do you guys plan to get there?" Jaemin asked.

"Well, Dayna suggested scuba diving." Issac laughed.

"Oh my god, just stay there and don't do anything until we get there." Jaemin said.

"Might be kind of hard, some angry taxi drivers are coming our way." Issac said and then the line went dead.

The lexus, a green ranger and a light blue volkswagen beetle convertible all drive up and park at the gate of the marina as the group is treated to a scene of domestic dispute.

Issac grabbed one of the taxi drivers by the shoulders and pulled up onto him, launching himself into the air, planting his feet on the mans shoulders only to flip forward and wrap his legs around the neck of the other taxi driver and he twisted to the side, bringing the man to the ground as he landed on his hands. He released the man and pushed up on his hands and then swung around, kicking the first taxi driver in the chest, knocking him down. Issac then grabbed the baton that the security guard at the gate used and he slapped the guard across the face with it, sending him to the ground as well.

"Anyone want a tip?" Issac sighed and threw the baton down.

Miracle and Jaemin ran into the marina, followed by Hunter, Jasmine and Brian.

Dayna looked at the group and then pointed at Issac. "He did it!"

"Did you subdue them or just keep knocking them around until we showed up?" Jaemin asked as he walked up, making sure not to step on either of the men that laid on the ground.

Issac grinned at Jaemin. "Why would I do that?"

"I could think of a good reason why." Jaemin shook his head and looked at the boats.

"Okay, boys, knock the testosterone down a notch." Jasmine rolled her eyes and walked around Issac and Jaemin and looked at the dock. "That's the one that Eric escaped from last time." She nodded. "Yep, because he had a helicopter right there..." She pointed out. "Made it look like he was going to escape like that, Sarah crashed it and died, that stole everyones attention and then I saw Eric's men help him onto the boat at that dock and they left."

"So you think he would still park at the same dock?" Jaemin asked.

"Ask the man coming out." Jasmine said. "He probably wants to know what...he did." She looked at Issac.

"Hide Miracle." Jaemin said and Brian grabbed Miracle and ducked behind some crates at the side of the warehouse.

"What the hell is going on?!" The man called out.

"I don't like paying for cabs." Issac walked up, heading for the man and stopped walking as soon as the man stopped, a relatively good distance apart. "Is that a problem for you?"

Jaemin ducked his head and looked away.

The man grinned and shook his head. "Whatever kid, thing is, I secure a very private yacht out here and any sort of mischief is seen as a danger to that security, so I would prefer you deal with your cab drivers outside of the gate."

"Would that yacht happen to belong to...an Eric by any chance? I have some information that he might like." Dayna looked at Issac.

Issac gave Dayna a nasty look and then looked at the man.

"Well that part isn't really a secret." The man said.

"Good, because we need to see him, so if you..." Issac then flinched as a tranquilizer dart flew right past his head and hit the man in the neck.

The man yelled in pain and then fell to his knees before passing out on the ground.

"The fuck?!" Issac turned around to see Hunter with a dart gun. "You could of hit me in the head!"

"I know what I'm doing." Hunter walked forward and looked down at the man. "We know which boat is Eric's, now lets go there, if you all want to save Cody's Mom."

"Shes probably dead!" Miracle came out. "Eric wouldn't just let her be alive."

"Give it a chance!" Dayna said.

Hunter started searching the man for the keys and then began to steal his clothes. "Who's being the captain?"

Jaemin looked up. "Well obviously none of us can confront Eric, he knows what we look like." His eyes shifted towards Issac and Dayna. "They're the only ones he doesn't know. Unless he heard her voice."

"Well I didn't scream at Faye and I know it wasn't on speaker, you can kind of tell when it is." Dayna said.

"Well we got two maps, if someone knows how to navigate, they should be the captain, everyone else should hide in the cabin and let me and Dayna be escorted in." Issac said.

"Why? That sounds pointless. Faye is not going to be where Eric is at. He's not going to talk about her either." Jaemin shook his head.

"It'll keep him busy though, we can play on knowing where Miracle is, drag it out as long as we can." Dayna said.

"Yeah, until he gets pissed or deems that you don't know or that you never planned to tell him to begin with." Jaemin shook his head.

"But it explains away the boat approaching and arriving. If they have GPS monitoring, it will pick up the boat coming, there has to be an explanation for it." Issac walked up to Jaemin. "So, it has to happen and we are the only faces he doesn't know."

Hunter looked up. "He has a point, and at least he has some hand to hand combat, they likely would be searched. After they get in, we take out the guards at the island dock and go in at the lowest level point and search our way up." He waved the clothes. "Who's being captain?"

"Brian can do it, his face is rather unkown, keep your head low." Jasmine said.

"What? I can't drive a boat!" Brian looked at Jasmine.

"Chill, I'll be right there with you." Issac looked at Brian.

"And me?" Miracle asked.

"You're the dangling prize." Jaemin grinned. "You stay here."

"What?!" Miracle stared at Jaemin.

Issac grinned and walked over to Jaemin and threw an arm over his shoulders. "Yep! As your competing lovers, we both have common ground on your protection!"

"Then Jasmine stays!" Miracle looked at her.

"What?! I want the action!" Jasmine looked at them.

"He needs company." Dayna smiled. "And I'm sure he missed you so much!"

"Like you would know." Jasmine rolled her eyes at Dayna and walked over and grabbed Miracle's arm, heading for the cars.

"Bye!" Jaemin said.

"See ya!" Issac followed Jaemin, Dayna, Hunter and Brian.

"Fuck you!" Miracle called out, Jasmine throwing up her middle finger as she kept walking.

"Listen, as far as the competing lover thing, I didn't mean it. Miracle has never told me that he loves me, I've never said it to him, we've exchanged I like you's. And I know you don't want to know this but I'm being straight with you, we have had sex, thing is, I'm not diving in deep and neither is Miracle. I get the sense that not diving in is new to him. Maybe it's because of the fall out with Aiden. Whatever the case, if we really happen, I want him to be sure, I want his whole heart in it, truthfully and honestly and for all the right reasons, until then, no house, no white picket fence." Issac looked at Jaemin

"And.." Issac continued. "I don't say this for cookie points but I told Miracle to look for you, I know you guys have a history and...it's unfinished. For me, this is not a competition. I hope it doesn't have to be that way for you."

Jaemin listened to Issac and looked down and nodded as he listened to him. "Well, I appreciate that but in all honesty, we can't lie about the fact that there is a part in both of us that hopes that Miracle chooses, well, ourselves. I don't want it to be a competition either." He looked up. "I..don't know how I will feel. You live there, you are in my place, then again, I guess I can't claim it as mine anymore."

"Just be there when he needs you, he'll know his heart when the time is right." Issac said. "Being that we are going into this danger, I planned to do this long before even getting here." He pulled an envelope out of his pocket and handed it to Jaemin. "If I die...could you?"

Jaemin took the envelope and nodded. "Yeah." He folded it and tucked it into his back pocket. "You're not a bad guy."

"I am and..I think that's what Miracle is looking for, just bad enough." Issac grinned at Jaemin and patted him on the shoulder and headed over to the yachts controls.

Jaemin watched Issac walk off and then smiled and shook his head, moving down into the cabin. "Is our Captain ready?"

"Yes." Brian said, unhappily.

"Just remember what Jasmine said, keep your head low." Hunter said. "And follow Issac's directions."

"Shouldn't someone call and alert them? So they have an escort ready? I don't know how we're going to do that, you knocked the guy out." Dayna frowned.

"Put on a voice or something." Hunter said, off the top of his head.

"We're doomed." Dayna grabbed Brian's arm and pulled him up the steps. "Issac! One of you two need to fake a voice and call it in!"

Issac turned around. "I knew the guy shouldn't of been shot at." Issac nodded for Brian to come over. "Okay, the engine is already started." He handed over the print out. "You see this island? Well look for it on the screen, that is your destination. It's all pretty easy." He then walked over to the phone that hung on the wall of the small control room. "I don't know the number. Does the guy call Eric's personal number? If we do anything different..."

"Y'all fucked it up." Dayna sat down and ran her hands through her hair and then noticed a list taped to the wall. "Refer to the paper!" She waved her hand at it.

"Home base..." Issac's eyebrows lifted. "Okay." He picked up the phone and punched in the number.

"Baseball." Dayna grinned.

"Yes?" A man answered.

Issac looked around and deepend his voice. "I have two people..." He then coughed a few times. "They claim to have information." He kept coughing through his words. "They need to speak to Eric." He kept coughing. "Sorry, bad chest cold." He said, gasping for air.

Dayna stared at Issac.

The man didn't respond for several seconds. "What kind of information?"

"Miracle." Issac said in a deep, raspy tone and coughed again.

"Hold." The man said.

Dayna closed her eyes and her face fell in her hands.

Issac covered the speaker of the phone. "What?" He whispered.

"You're screwing it up!" Dayna looked up.

"Eric said to come and to bring them, we will have an escort waiting at the dock." The man then hung up.

Issac hung up. "It worked." He stared at Dayna. "Drive." He said as he sat down beside her and sighed. Brian figured out how to control the boat and began to drive it.

"There they go, all the action that you guys bring back, I get kicked out of it. Hell, even you get kicked out of it!" Jasmine bitterly watched the boat head away.

"Well, come to think of it, you got to be in more of it than me." Miracle laid back on the hood of the car.

"I survived being covered in lighter fluid in an all out house fire!" Jasmine sighed in defeat and fell back, laying beside Miracle. "You know what it is? They all got their special little things. Jaemin and that guy can fight, your brother is good with weapons, I don't know what they are dragging that other girl around for, they just needed Brian for a Captain, he'll probably be left on the boat."

"Well they should of considered that I have relative knowledge of the main house, I did attend that awful party." Miracle shook his head.

"And at least Melanie could get drugs...I still can't think of any way I could contribute." Jasmine frowned.

"Jasmine, don't base your value on that." Miracle looked at her. "Seriously, this is...not our whole life. One day it will eventually be over and then what are any of us going to need any skills for? Maybe a job..." Miracle laughed. "Though I'll avoid ever working if I can." Miracle sighed. "They were going to let you go until I said something."

"It's okay, I know you didn't want to feel left out alone, who does?" Jasmine smiled at Miracle.

"Maybe I should surrender to Eric." Miracle grinned. "Long enough to earn the inheritence, kill for the glory." He laughed. "Then we could all live in that big house on the island with all the money in the world."

Jasmine laughed. "Nice idea, if only that awful risk wasn't involved. It'd be better if he could just give it to you and go away."

"Well it wouldn't be hard for him to fall off the balcony." Miracle quietly laughed with Jasmine.

Jasmine pulled out her phone. "You want to screw with Ashley?"

"Like how?" Miracle asked.

"I could be a mysterious woman." Jasmine grinned.

"Better if it's a mysterious man, with Sterlings history." Miracle grinned

Jasmine laughed. "Yeah, but she knows your voice."

"I learned how to do a southern accent." Miracle grinned. "Something I picked up when we drove through Texas."

"Where did you guys end up?" Jasmine asked.

"Nevada." Miracle pulled out his phone. "And better to use my phone, though I can send you the app. Issac made it, the app scrambles your number and signal to any location you want."

Jasmine grinned. "Call him." She rolled over onto her stomach and propped her elbows up.

"Okay." Miracle grinned. "I'm hanging up if Ashley doesn't answer." He pulled up the app. "We'll call from Dallas Texas." He laughed and then put it on speaker phone as it started ringing.

"Hello?" Ashley answered.

Miracle's eyes widened and Jasmine slapped a hand over her mouth.

"Oh, hi." Miracle said, thick southern accent. "I need to talk to Sterling."

"Okay, who's calling?" Ashley asked.

"Uh...this is Josh. And this is our business. Why do you even have his phone? Did you dig through it? I was actually calling to make sure he deleted the dirty pictures I sent him yesterday. He better have deleted them." Miracle almost bursted with laughter.

Jasmine pushes her mouth against her hand and her forehead pressed against the hood of the car as she silently laughed.

"Sterling!" Ashley called out.

"What's going on?" Sterling said in the background.

"Who is Josh?" Ashley asked.

"Put me on speakerphone, we need to straighten this all out. I was under the impression that my pictures would be private and not dug through by nosey sisters." Miracle grabbed Jasmine's hand.

"This is his fiance." Ashley laid the phone down and tapped the speaker.

"His fiance? That can't work, we're going north and getting married. I don't know what kind of game you're playing girl..." Miracle trailed off and clenched his teeth, trying not to laugh.

Sterling stared at the phone and even through the accent, he knew the voice all to well and he walked over and grabbed the phone. "Are you that bored? Or do you just want to belittle everything? Does this make you feel better? To make it a joke? Yeah, I know it's you, Miracle."

Jasmine looked up, her eyes wide.

Miracle looked at Jasmine and then at the phone.

"You know, I tried to hold back the other day but Sterling has turned his life around and until you turn your life around, you don't need to meddle in our lives. And I really hate to say this but it is your fault that Robin is dead." Ashley said, snatching the phone from Sterling who had gone quiet, finding it rather harsh.

Miracle's eyes narrowed and he sat up. "You don't know a thing you're talking about while you were off at your fancy school and then decided to come in while I was gone and nail my friend just to get knocked up, you stupid bitch." Miracle hung up.

"I wish I had told you sooner, I'd of beat her up while she was here." Jasmine sat up.

"She thinks she knows Robin and she doesn't!" Miracle stood up and spun around. "Robin loved all of us when she died! She was even sorry about Melanie! That woman knows nothing about who her sister was when she died!"

"Well, you know what? I'll enlighten her." Jasmine grabs her phone.

Sterling answered the phone. "Now you?"

"Sterling, put this phone on speaker phone and get her ass to the phone."

"Jasmine?" Sterling said.

"Yeah, it's me. Miracle and I decided to prank call because we were deemed helpless civilians at the marina while the others go to the island. Get the bitch on the phone."

Sterling felt rather torn and shook his head and laid the phone down and pressed the speaker option.

"Yes?" Ashley said in a firm tone.

Jasmine laid her phone down and put it on speaker. "I just want to let you know something, honey. You don't really know your sister as well as you think you do. She changed a lot while you were gone. You see, unlike you, she came to public school, she didn't have to hide away with all the brainwashed people like you did."

"Excuse me? I do know my sister and I know what happened to her and I know it's because a sick man was obsessed with another man, it brings nothing but evil. I saved someone from that. Miracle? He tried to kill himself after being with Sterling. What do you call that? Evil, all the way around. And then Miracle goes off and leaves this man in shambles. But I helped him, I picked him up..."

"You hopped on him and forgot to use birth control, hello!" Jasmine laughed. "What about premarital sex?!" Jasmine shook her head. "Why don't you speak up, Sterling? What happened when she came to you and told you that she had your child?"

"No one is perfect! I never said anyone was!" Ashley argued.

Sterling looked at the phone. "I had to take care of my child."

"Your child. Now tell me, how did the night of sex come about?" Jasmine asked.

"That's none of your business!" Ashley looked at the phone. "Sterling, why are we even doing this? We are mature, grown adults! This is the girl that attacked a teacher with a fire extinguisher! She should have been jailed for that!"

Jasmine laughed.

"Something tells me..." Miracle leaned closer to the phone. "Ashley doesn't want these questions asked or answered."

"And you! You have so many issues to deal with, I don't even know how to begin! Prayer is only a very small step for you!" Ashley looked at the phone.

"Why? Because I can get more dates in one week than you can get in a year?" Miracle grinned. "Because I had like three guys wanting me just a month ago? It was a little flattering, even if the number dropped by one but...location can suck the life right out of it."

"And you're proud of it? What is there to be proud of? The fact that your entire happiness depends on how many people you can attract? That all of your security goes into that? Really? Miracle, where would you be if eventually no one wanted you? Think about that, it can happen." Ashley said.

"Oh, like how I drove Sterling so crazy bad that he went to you? I don't think it was me that did that. I remember hearing that Jaemin kicked him in the head pretty hard...knocked him down the stairwell..."

"Brain damage." Jasmine gasped. "Sterling, you need to see a doctor!"

"People, stop!" Sterling finally spoke up. "Miracle, I told you what I told you! That is the story, the truth."

Miracle sat on the car beside the phone. "Okay, friend, I'll humor you. Regardless, you're still going to let her talk about everything like that? I mean, okay, you turned straight, happy, good for you! Ya gotta baby and a wedding on the way! But am I evil now?"

"No." Sterling looked at Ashley. "Miracle isn't evil. He did some bad things."

"Yes and bad things bring consequences! That's what sin does! Why did Robin die? Because she sinned!" Ashley said.

"Ha! So you admit it! Robin changed!" Jasmine laughed. "I beat you!"

"Maybe so!" Ashley looked at the phone on the island as if it were a person. "And then that girl, stealing drugs from her Dad's pharmacy, she gets killed. Why did that happen? Hmm, I wonder. And then there's a drive by that takes out almost all of Miracle's family in his house!"

"Correction, no one died in that." Miracle said. "And if I'm so bad, why didn't I just die from my OD?"

"Because God is good! And I really don't want to hurt you but why..."

"Ashley, don't you do it." Sterling stared at her.

Ashley stared right back at Sterling. "They are not going to call my home like this." She walked around Sterling and grabbed the phone. "Why did you..."

"Ashley! Don't do it!" Sterling screamed.

"Nah, let her, I can take whatever shes got to say." Miracle grabbed the phone. "Say it."

Ashley tensed up and then she laid the phone down and looked at Sterling. "I won't do it..." She walked out of the room.

"The fuck? What was she going to do?" Miracle asked.

Sterling took the phone off speaker and put it to his ear. "Brad. That's what she was going to bring up."

"Should of let her, why protect me? If you'll start a life with a bitch like that." Miracle hung up.

Jasmine sighed. "Are you okay?"

Miracle laid the phone down. "I got over what Brad did a long time ago."

Copyright © 2014 x Trevor x; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Trevor, you're on a writing frenzy! I can't keep up! lol

 

So...I was reading this NYC chapter and I had a few questions. I guess I never really paid attention in the previous chapters, but...how the hell does Miracle find a parking spot RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE BUILDING HE WANTS TO GO IN???? That's unheard of in the city! You have to circle for BLOCKS and park so far away you may as well have parked at your house and walked. lol

 

Also, when they got to Miracle's house, Miracle grabbed car keys and said "I'm borrowing your car." Who'd he say that to? Issac? How did Issac get his car there? And how did Issac get his desktop computer there? Did he stow it in his luggage in the baggage compartment? Seems pretty bulky...

 

And what happened to Jaemin's Jeep? Didn't he leave that for Miracle in Nevada when he walked away?

 

Now, on to those stupid, stupid kids! They are kids playing an adult game. Don't they remember that Eric is a cold-blooded murderer? They think they can just waltz in there and save Faye? They're crazy stupid. lol They may be eighteen (Miracle isn't even eighteen yet), not "men". Hunter may be a few years older and Brian, but still - they shouldn't be there.

 

Ok, on to chapter fifty-one. :)

Link to comment
On 04/29/2014 02:10 AM, Lisa said:
Trevor, you're on a writing frenzy! I can't keep up! lol

 

So...I was reading this NYC chapter and I had a few questions. I guess I never really paid attention in the previous chapters, but...how the hell does Miracle find a parking spot RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE BUILDING HE WANTS TO GO IN???? That's unheard of in the city! You have to circle for BLOCKS and park so far away you may as well have parked at your house and walked. lol

 

Also, when they got to Miracle's house, Miracle grabbed car keys and said "I'm borrowing your car." Who'd he say that to? Issac? How did Issac get his car there? And how did Issac get his desktop computer there? Did he stow it in his luggage in the baggage compartment? Seems pretty bulky...

 

And what happened to Jaemin's Jeep? Didn't he leave that for Miracle in Nevada when he walked away?

 

Now, on to those stupid, stupid kids! They are kids playing an adult game. Don't they remember that Eric is a cold-blooded murderer? They think they can just waltz in there and save Faye? They're crazy stupid. lol They may be eighteen (Miracle isn't even eighteen yet), not "men". Hunter may be a few years older and Brian, but still - they shouldn't be there.

 

Ok, on to chapter fifty-one. :)

Hey, people get lucky! I mean who takes up those close spots so you have to drive around for blocks? Lmao and maybe he took Melanie's handicap tag and used it. I actually meant to give her one, just to make her a little extra bad but I don't think I ever made her use it. I think I meant to have her use it at the diner when she went to meet Sterling but I forgot!

 

And Miracle was saying that to Craig, he was taking Craigs car, it was kind of his way of annoying him. "I'm back! So I'm doing these annoying things again! Like taking your car and running out before you say anything!"

 

Ryders car got left in Nevada, Miracle just left it where ever he had it parked, probably at the graduation. He's irresponsible like that lmao.

 

As for Eric? Well Dayna and Issac didn't have a taste of him yet. Dayna might have a little more sense. Issac wants to be a big bad criminal anyway, he wants to dig into the stuff. And the others think that just because they pulled it off at the warehouse where Sarah died! Well they think they can pull it off again! But yes, it's reckless, they should learn from the past, people die.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..