Jump to content
    x Trevor x
  • Author
  • 7,401 Words
  • 1,339 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Like a Train Wreck - 20. Chapter 20: Sacrifice

Sarah stared at her phone, watching Miracle's GPS and noticed it was moving down the street behind the hotel. "What the fuck? Oh no, either he is running or the man has him." Sarah looked up and then started her car and wildly pulled out of the parking space, speeding out of the parking garage.

Robin and Cody keep knocking on the door.

"Hello! Is anyone in there?! We have something special for you! Can't you atleast check it out? It will enlighten your life!" Robin screamed at the door.

"If they are still in there, you probably scared them, Robin." Cody stared at her.

"Yeah, well if Miracle were in there and of his own free will, he would answer the door. So either he's being held captive or kidnapped and moved."

Cody stared at the door. "Okay, we should find another room, see if anyone will call security for us."

"Stay here in case the man is still in there at the very least." Robin walked down the hall and looked at the doors, waiting for that feeling to come, that certain intuition that told her which door to knock on in hopes that someone would answer.

Jasmine got down to the parking garage and walked along only to stop and her eyes widened. "Sarah? Where did Sarah go?" She looked around. "Oh my god! She left me stranded!" Jasmine moved to the passenger side of Cody's van and tugged on the door only to find it locked.

"Forget the girl who did all the heavy work." Jasmine sighed and moved to climb onto the hood of the van to wait. She continued to look around before she noticed that the man's vehicle was missing also and her eyes widened. "She went after him. He probably took Miracle." She reached into her pocket and pulled her phone out. "Damn it! The bitch died! I forgot!"

Melanie sat in the passenger seat of Kevin's dark green corvette, watching her cell phone. "You know, it's so interesting to check out everyone's GPS..." She laughed.

"Why?" Kevin stopped at the red light.

"Because it shows here...that Cody and Robin are at this hotel and that ... Sarah is about to come right by us, in fact, she is chasing Miracle, the dots are moving like fucking hell." Melanie looks up to see the black cadillac speed through the yellow light and then watched as the light turned red but that didn't seem to stop Sarah's inherited red mustang, once Brad's from speeding through the dangerous traffic.

"Okay, what the hell was that?" Kevin looked at Melanie.

"First of all, Miracle doesn't have a cadillac, that man didn't even look like him driving it and Sarah has gone road rage insane! Kevin? I'm going to say what I've always wanted to say since the song came out. Shut up and drive!" Melanie slapped Kevin on the shoulder and he pressed the accelerator, taking a right and luckily dodging traffic to follow Sarah.

Sarah continued to speed after the man and looked down at her phone, noting a single dot behind her but two names practically overlapping eachother but she could make out who the two were. "Great." She shook her head and looked up and her eyes widened as the black cadillac took another right and she gave a quick spin of the wheel, tires screeched and cried out. She couldn't lose the trail.

Kevin managed to turn with a much easier elegance as he continued to follow after Sarah who followed this mysterious cadillac. "Drama that for once, you didn't create." He grinned.

"Jack ass." Melanie laughed and clasped her hands together. "Though this does have it's perks, for once I can be the one in suspense, not a bad feeling after all."

Sarah pushed harder on the accelerator, her eyes narrowing as a car went to pass her on the opposing street and she turned the wheel, managing to go around it, her eyes shifted to the mirror, noting Kevin was still behind her. She looked at the cadillac again and her eyes widened when it was seemingly gone only for it to reappear again as it swerved out of the way of a large truck and managed to speed up, the tail lights getting further away.

Sarah looked down at her phone again and up into the rear view mirror, not knowing why she kept paying attention to them, maybe the fact that she would have allies in such a serious matter was a little comforting. She then looked ahead and her eyes widened as the cadillac pulled off and into the very edge of town and straight into the marina only for a man to press a button and the gates slammed shut. Her foot slammed on the break and the tires squeeled and she came to a stop, inches from crashing into the gate. She lowered down, doubting the man could see her for the bright lights on her car. She watched him as he turned around and walked inside a small building.

Melanie screamed as she flew forward, the seatbelt tightening and causing an intense pain as Kevin slammed on the breaks and the corvette swung slightly to the side but he managed to stop himself from hitting Sarah's car.

"Oh fuck!" Melanie sat there, her eyes opening as she looked around, smoke rising everywhere from both vehicles. "I think we're in trouble."

Sarah opened the door and climbed out of her car. "No...I couldn't of lost him." She limped over to the side of the gate, clinging to it and then fell down and she started to cry. "I'm tired of losing everyone around me." Her hands moved up to cover her face. "I lose everyone." Her voice now muffled by her hands as were her cries.

Kevin climbed out first, followed by Melanie who still wore that same ensemble that she had shown up at the jail wearing. Kevin made it to Sarah first and kneeled down, pulling her into his arms. "It's okay." He pulled her close to his chest.

"Sarah, what is going on?" Melanie walked closer and looked around. "That guard is going to hear us." She whispered.

"Someone has to call Cody and tell him what has happened." Sarah's hands fell into her lap. "That man, he was stealing mail from Brendan's mail box. Kyler put the mail there and we all followed him to a hotel."

Sarah cried softly. "I don't know what happened but Miracle seems to know him. We thought he would get the envelope but then we heard them having sex, we thought he would come out."

Sarah shook her head. "But then everything went quiet, we didn't hear anything and we think he kidnapped Miracle, that car had Miracle's GPS."

"You're not wrong, Miracle picked up on that car on mine too." Melanie said as she called Cody.

Robin was about to knock on someone's door when she heard Cody's phone ring. "Is that Sarah?"

Cody looked at his phone and then up at Robin with a grin. "You would wish." He shook his head and answered the phone. "Well hello, what are ya up to now, lady? We got plenty of trouble if you care to offer a hand."

"Funny, already beat you to it. I'm with Sarah now. She found Miracle's GPS moving on some guys cadillac and trust me, Miracle isn't driving it and the guy went into the marina and had a hired guard shut the gate. We could of crashed through, messed up our cars and we all would for Miracle but the more I find out, the more mafiaish this all sounds." She makes a face. "Mafiaish, is that even a word?"

"An odd makes you want to make a face word." Cody said.

Melanie laughed. "Yeah, pretty cool, you pictured me." She took a deep breath. "Well like it or not, no matter how bad ass any of us try to be we're just a bunch of teenagers so we're going to need all of us so GPS to our location." Melanie then hangs up.

"Okay, get naked, I got a plan." Melanie looks at Kevin.

Kevin looks at her and covers his mouth. "Make me want to laugh at the cheesiness and get us caught kind of plan?" Kevin could barely contain his need to laugh.

"It was catchy." She kneeled down. "It's okay Sarah, we're going to make it all right." She rubbed Sarah's arm. "Okay, Kevin I need you to take Sarah's car and hide it behind that little shop over there. If you see the guard come out, then just drive away and leave. You will be explained as my travel guide."

Melanie stands up and looks at Sarah. "You go and get into the trunk of Kevin's corvette but do not close it all the way or you will get locked in."

"What? No way. What are you trying to do?" Kevin stood up. "You need me for this."

"Well then you better hope he doesn't see you hiding Sarah's car. If you don't get caught, wait behind the shop until Cody gets here."

Sarah sighed and stood up, limping her way to the corvette. "My keys are in the ignition."

"Keys." Melanie grabbed Kevin's keys and pressed the button to unlock the trunk and she watched Sarah climb in. "Don't lock it." She then moves to get into the driver seat of the corvette and very quietly shuts the door and dials Kevin's number.

Kevin climbs into Sarah's car, the engine still running, he carefully closes the door and answers his phone. "Hello?"

"Just me, letting you know what I see." Melanie keeps her eyes on the guard shack as she backs up enough for Kevin to pull Sarah's car out.

"Okay." Kevin took a deep breath and looked back, turning around.

"Still clear, go behind the shop, shut the car down and wait for me to tell you to come out."

"Okay." Kevin drives Sarah's mustang behind the little gift shop near the marina and turns the engine off, killing the lights.

Once Kevin was out of the way, Melanie killed the lights and slowly edged her way to the gate, stopping close to it and turning the engine off, sitting there. "They should be here soon, Sarah. We won't let anything happen to Miracle."

The door to the elevator slid open and Cody walked out of it and across the parking garage to where the van was. "We have to go, serious trouble."

"Finally you guys come out. My phone is dead and Sarah is gone." Jasmine slides off the hood of the van.

"Well apparantly Miracle has been taken to some marina and a hired guard shut the gate before Sarah could get in and according to Melanie it's to .... mafiaish to proceed without all of us." Cody climbed into the driver seat, Robin taking passenger.

"Mafiaish." Jasmine made a face. "It's such a sour word..." She climbed into the back and slid the door shut.

"Now the word is sour, it has a flavor." Robin shook her head.

"Has she ever smiled in her life?" Jasmine looks at Cody.

"When she doesn't drown during baptism, she saw it happen in a movie where a girl attempted to drown another girl and has been paranoid about it ever since." Cody started driving away.

"That's not true." Robin folded her arms. "I just enjoy the experience."

"I'm to scared of water for it." Jasmine leaned forward with her elbows on her knees. "Can't swim."

Cody drives along before his phone rings again and he picks up. "Hello?"

"Put me on speaker phone, I want everyone to be on the same page, I got Kevin on the phone and Sarah's in the trunk so they can hear me." Melanie said.

Cody raised his eyebrows and put Melanie on speaker phone and then laid his phone on the console. "Okay Captain Melanie, you're on the line."

"Good, this is what is going to happen. I got Kevin's corvette pulled up to the gate, this is what I would be expected to ride in."

"Expected by who?" Robin asked.

"The man's girlfriend." Melanie responded.

Robin then started laughing.

"Hey you got her to smile!" Jasmine grinned.

"Stop everyone!" Melanie scolded in a hushed tone. "This is serious."

"And you're not. You don't even know the man's name. What are you going to do when he sees you? Or what if the guard isn't dumb?" Robin questions.

"Obviously the guard is dumb or they would be coming to take care of all of us right now, wouldn't they? He obviously hasn't said anything to anyone. Now listen, Cody pull up behind the corvette, Robin and Jasmine need to hide in the back and Kevin, you need to get into the back of the van too. Once we're all in position I'm going to turn these on high beam and make my case."

"You're going to get killed. I am not letting you do that." Kevin protested.

"Why is everyone bitching? You all go on about how I don't do anything fucking right or how I'm such a bitch and ruin everyones lives. Well you know what? I'm hiding all of you and putting myself center stage. Is part of me wanting to enjoy it while I do it? Maybe but the point is that I am well aware of the chances and the consequences but what I am most aware of is the sacrifice. Worst case scenario? They'll be to busy killing the bitch to pay attention to all of you while you guys save Miracle. Get it? I'm doing it so shut up about it." Melanie hung up.

"Vanity is only going to get that girl killed." Robin shook her head. "She can push sacrifice all she wants and those might be easy conveniences to justify her plan but at the end of the day she can't resist the desire of being in the spot light, even if it gets her killed." Robin frowned. "I don't hate her if that is what people think, honestly, I feel sorry for her."

Cody looked at Robin. "You really think that?"

"I know that. Sin is a choice but when it gets so bad that it becomes a chronic irresistable sickness? The only hope is to get help but one has to admit that it's got them. Look at Miracle and no I'm not talking about his homosexuality, I'm talking about the lust, got him with a creep like Brad, he tried to black mail the guy to being his fantasy, that got him raped, now Brad is dead ... do I really need to go over it all? And it's all because of that one moment that he fell for Brad, wouldn't of happened if it had been Sterling." Robin shook her head. "But my theory is that lust likes danger ... lust likes darkness. That is why I believe he is with Jaemin right now."

Cody looked down and slowly shook his head. "I don't think Miracle is to far gone, not like that."

"Maybe not ... but Melanie..." Robin sighs and shakes her head. "She needs not just boundaries but force and discipline at it's highest power without being cruel. She's a girl I've known all of my life. Her mother? She left when Melanie was really young, I think her name was Paula if I can remember right." Robin nodded. "Yeah and she never really came around. She was what you would call a trophy wife."

Cody looked saddened as Robin spoke of the story.

"You have to be beautiful and presentable, dressed to impress. Little do you know that the person you are impressing the most is your daughter, you're impressing onto her what was impressed onto you." Robin looked out the window. "But the little sees it, what happens behind the scenes, the unhappiness, the loneliness and eventually it just drives the Mother so crazy that she just has to create something, anything just to feel alive and she really doesn't mean to hurt others, it's just what happens. And then her husband? If he really loved her, his love, his resources, his ideas all run out. If he's just a man that needs a model wife, shes not being a model anymore, shes being a nightmare." Robin looked at Cody and Jasmine. "So I hope that gives you an idea or an insight into Melanie because she needs one."

Melanie saw the headlights behind her and assumed it was the van and she grinned. "Perfect." She turned on Kevin's high beams and opened the door and stepped out of the corvette with those knee high heels, turning to give a thumbs up to Cody, the sparkles of her glove shining in the lights as she closed the door and turned to walk towards the gate. In that time Kevin ran from behind the gift shop and knocked on the back of the van.

"Get back here Robin." Jasmine said and Robin shook her head. "Vanity..." Robin climbed into the back as Jasmine opened one of the double doors to let Kevin in and then shut it. "Dip it low." Jasmine grinned as she ducked down to better hide herself.

Melanie reached the gate and looked around. "Hello? Is there anyone there? I need access!" She called out.

The guard stepped out of the small guard shack and looked at her and then towards the two vehicles. "Wasn't there another car here? Before?"

"Oh, that was my guide." Melanie smiled. "God only knows I would get lost in New York without her." Melanie then allowed that thick zebra fur coat to fall off her shoulders before taking it off all together. "So are you going to let me in? We arrived and the gate was slammed in her face, my date is expecting me here."

"Your date?" The guard looked at her and tilted his head to the side.

"The cadillac? The one that I admire so much? You see, I just love a man with a good car." Melanie grinned and her fingers grasped onto the links of the fence. "What kind do you drive?"

The guard smiled and shook his head. "Oh nothing you would be interested in, unfortunately. You are a beautiful girl."

"Of course I would be." She pulled a fifty dollar bill out from her cleavage. "My curiousity just goes that far." She held the bill between her index and middle finger and just barely put it through one of the holes of the fence. When the man grinned and reached for it, she pulled it back a little. "Oh, not yet. What kind of ride you roll?"

"Just one of those old honda accords. Barely gets me by."

Melanie grinned. "Nothing wrong with that, want to know why?" She slid the bill forward again.

The guard reached for it and she pulled it back again. "Why?" He asked.

"To slow again." Melanie tilted her head to the side and brushed the bill back and forth across her chest. "It's the element of danger. Suppose you break down in the middle of the night, maybe have to hitch a ride? You never know what that person might get you into. Or you could stumble upon a hotel, picture the movie Vacancy, it was a rush the first time I watched it." She grinned.

"I like that movie." He smiled.

"I just knew with all my heart she was going to get caught up in that ceiling ... she never did, what a surprise for me." She then placed the bill back through the hole again. "I would love to spend the night with you, unfortunately there is another man that's expecting this corvette beside that black cadillac tonight, so if you could open the gate? Wouldn't want the boss to be mad, I know how he works." Melanie smiled.

"Sure thing and yeah, maybe one night, if it's okay with the boss to take his girl out. Just two friends enjoying the movies." He took the money. "Might save this for that time."

Melanie grinned. "Well he would have to be okay with it, I'm a total movie buff and it's only the more fun with friends. I'll be seeing you." She turned around and started back towards the corvette.

"Oh and hey, what is the van for?" The guard asked.

Melanie stopped and turned around. "Having some stuff transported to my home in the islands. Just a few things, nothing major." Once she saw the man nod and smile, she returned his smile and walked to the car. "Come on with the luggage!" She called out to Cody and climbed into the car and proceeded through the gate, the van following behind her.

"Well she pulled that one off guys, took her a little time but she knows how to charm a guys...well charm a guy off guard." Cody smiled.

"That guy will only ever dream about her." Kevin said, jealous.

Jasmine grinned. "She really likes you Kevin, I don't think you have anything to worry about."

"I'm tired of being in this trunk, I can't see anything." Sarah complained.

"Well no one can see except for me and Cody, Sarah. This is just how it has to be. We need you guys to stay hidden in case we need you to pop out and back us up." Melanie drove around the large building that appeared to be a hanger. "Just in case though, you call the police while I get on call with everyone." Melanie dialed up Cody's number.

Cody answered the phone, again putting it on speaker. "It's on speaker, Mel."

"Good, I just want everyone to be aware of everything, I'll need you guys to stay quiet, I am only patching you in so you can follow me along." Melanie explained.

"Understood boss." Cody nodded.

"Good." Melanie said and slipped the phone into her purse and pulled up beside the cadillac. "There is his car, stay behind me." She looked around, the place seemed like a hanger with a jet and a helicopter under it with spare room for a car garage, there was one helicopter out in the field as if it were prepared for quick escape and several types of different boats. She looked over and noticed an old man behind a counter near by, he seemed to be the runner of the place or so she suspected.

"Okay, let me cool this guys jets first." Melanie grinned and then climbed out of the car and shut the door and looked around, noticing a black metal stairway that lead to a matching balcony with four doors lining it. She then looked towards the counter she was approaching. "Hello." She smiled and leaned forward, narrowing her eyes as she gently grabbed the man's name tag. "Jeffrey."

Melanie's hand then ran down his chest before it fell to the counter as she eased back. "I am suppose to be meeting my date here, you know, the boss." She laughed. "I just love calling him that, it's a trip for me, reminds me how powerful this man is. Do you know where I might find him?"

"We suspect that our friend might have been kidnapped. We're at this marina, the guy was in a black cadillac, I think he hired the guard to shut the gate off before I could catch him." Sarah sighed, trying to talk as quietly as possible. "I don't know which one." She closed her eyes. "There was a shop, this little shop, it was a gift shop." She thought deeply. "South Bay, it was South Bay Gift Shop."

"He would be in one of those rooms up there, missy but er...he did ask not to be disturbed." Jeffrey said.

"That's because I'm here." Melanie said. "You have a wonderful day." She then turned around and walked over and around the van to the driver side where Cody was. "Okay ... I don't know where to go from here."

"You were playing it all by ear?" Cody looked at her as if she were crazy.

"Most of my plots get played by ear." She thought about it for a second. "We need to use any kind of weapons we have at our disposal."

"Our talents." Cody said.

Melanie looked at Cody as if he had just struck brilliance. "That's it." She dug into her purse and looked around to make sure no one was watching and pulled out a bottle of medication. "I didn't give it all away."

Cody looked at her as if she were crazy. "You carry that around?"

"My Dad's a pharmacist, what do you expect? Be happy that I did." She pulled out a syringe and stuck it into the top of the bottle and filled it up, Melanie then handed Cody the bottle. "Don't you ever mention anything about seeing this, if anyone asks you where it came from, say you found it here and used it for self defense."

"Me use it?" Cody looked at the bottle.

"What's left of it. A side effect is a burning rash so I imagine, I can only hope that direct contact to the skin would guarantee the side effect, plus open wound. So if you need to, take this and smash it on any open spot of skin you can find." She handed him the bottle. "And take this too." She pulled out her spare pepper spray. "My Daddy gives me two of them." She put the syringe back into her purse. "Do you have the camera equipment with you?"

Cody took the items and pocketed them. "Yeah."

"Okay, you're my luggage, bus boy, guy, whatever. Take it and bring it with you, like I'm going to be spending the night with this man." She looked into the van, knowing the others were hiding. "Uh...if it gets bad, Robin you can throw a bible at them, Kevin you're a football player, your dad trains you for military as a hobby, do your thing. Uh and Jasmine um...tell them you had a bomb planted and that you just have to say one spanish word and it all goes kaboom."

Melanie moved away from the van and around the back of the corvette. "Sarah, if things get bad...use your tennis racket..." Melanie then waved Cody along as he came out of the van with the camera bag and the two headed for the stairs to go outside.

"Threaten them with spanish?" Jasmine blinked.

"Throw a bible at them?" Robin looked at Jasmine and then both girls looked at Kevin.

"She sucks at strategic combat." They both said in unison.

Kevin's eyes widened. "This is her show, not mine. She did it."

"How about I just run them over when I see them?" Jasmine said and moved to go to the driver seat, keeping low as to not be spotted.

"Good idea." Robin took out her phone and called Sarah.

Sarah answered her phone in a hushed tone. "Hello?"

"How did Melanie tell you to fight them?" Robin asked.

"She said to fight them with my tennis racket."

"Please...can you get out of the trunk through the back seats? Kevin is there a way?"

"There is an emergency latch in the middle at the top."

"Okay Sarah, turn towards the back seats, there is an emergency latch, climb out through the back seats and get into the driver side, stay hidden, if it gets bad, you and Jasmine can run people over. I guess I'm still stuck with Melanie's bible idea."

Melanie and Cody head up the single flight of stairs and onto the balcony and Melanie attempts to walk along naturally, knocking on each door she walked by until she came across the third door that she knocked upon.

"I'll be right there." Eric called out.

"This must be it." She whispered and extended an arm out to Cody. "Stay back, if he gets me, you can jump him by surprise." Melanie then moved to the side of the door, against the wall and pulled the syringe out, hiding it behind her back.

Cody backed up and watched the door, his hand dipped into his pocket to where the bottle was and the pepper spray, having the camera bag strapped around his shoulder.

Melanie's eyes shift down towards the door knob, seeing it turn and then when Eric stuck his head out, before he had a chance to look around, she moved forward, grabbed his shirt and yanked him in for a deep kiss, her hand moving to hide the syringe between her thigh and her purse. The kiss was deep and intense as she pulled him back and rounded them again, backing herself into the wall.

Cody watched this and quickly moved into the hotel room and his eyes widened when he came to find that Miracle was not there but that a back door had been left open. "Oh no..." He reached around for his cell phone but forgot it was in the car and he turned around.

Eric forced himself out of the kiss and looked at her. "Who in the fuck are you?"

Melanie grinned. "Someone who decided to make your life interesting. That is ... if you're interested."

Cody walked around frantically before moving to the phone and picking it up, dialing Robin's number. "Pick up." He said, trying to be quiet.

"This thing is just full of phone calls." Robin grabbed her phone that had just been thrown on the floor in the van at this point. "Hello?"

"They took Miracle, he was in the room but it had a back door and it's left open."

"Great! Well I guess I'll go put my bible throwing to use!" She hangs up. "They took Miracle out of a back door to the room." She looked up. "And it appears to be room three if you're counting left to right."

"No, you stay here, I'll go." Kevin said as he opened the door to the van and climbed out, turning to quietly push it shut. He ran around the van, trying not to be spotted by Jeffrey as he ran towards the corner of the open hanger, looking at the helicopter that was out in the open and ready for take off. "Escape." He turned and ran out of the hanger, running along the outside of it and towards the back, hoping he would catch them trying to smuggle Miracle into the helicopter.

Eric stared at Melanie and shook his head. "Another child ... looking to play childs games. Friend of Miracles? Come to save him, have you?"

Melanie glared at him. "You don't scare me, I don't scare." She shoved him back towards the railing of the balcony. "And I don't play games!" She brought the syringe around and managed to stab him in the side of the neck, pushing down and injecting the drug into him.

This drug wouldn't knock him out immediately. He would be physically weak, have an incredible urge for sex and his physical senses would be charged times ten and the hazy dream like feeling was a nice touch to the cocktail.

"Never fuck with a pharmacists daughter, you sorry fuck!" When it did knock him out? He wouldn't remember a thing from the moment he was drugged. "Tell you one of the best parts of this drug." She looked over to see two men running to Eric's aid. "It's suppose to increase the senses times ten, for sexual purposes, but it'll make this feel like a bitch!" She then sprayed his eyes with pepper spray, sending his pain tolerance through the roof as he screamed in agony.

Cody came back out and saw one of the men running for Melanie and quickly ran over with the bottle and what was left of the drug and he smashed it right into the man's face. "Ow!" Cody screamed in pain, as did the man.

"I forgot to tell you, it's a double edged sword...it would get on your hand." Melanie said as the other man tugged Eric back into the room and out the back door.

"Thanks for letting me know now!" Cody frowned. "It hurts!"

Jasmine looked around and then noticed Cody carried an extra gallon of gasoline in the back of the van. "Perfect." Jasmine grabbed it and opened the doors to the van and jumped out, getting the same idea as Kevin about the helicopter. She ran out of the hanger only to be pushed down by the pilot who was on his way to get into it to fly the thing. Luckily she managed to land without spilling much of the gasoline. "Fucker!" She spun around and swung a leg to trip him up and then stood up and shook some gasoline on him, pulling her zippo out and flicking it to life. "You stay away or you're toast."

Kevin ran into the two men who had Miracle's arms draped around their shoulders and he was clearly drugged and out of it. "Let him go." He said and then just as one of the men reached for their gun, he quickly kicked his arm away before grabbing the other man and slamming his head into the cement wall, stealing his gun and spinning around to shoot the other man, firing every round in the gun. A sigh escaped and he grabbed Miracle up and into his arms, wrapping the boys arms around him. "Come on, we just gotta walk, okay?"

Miracle nodded. He didn't like feeling like this because the last time he felt like this, well nothing good came from it and the sick feeling in his stomach wasn't much better. "I just want to go home. I need to go home."

Jasmine quickly got up and grabbed the gasoline that she had gotten from the van and climbed inside the helicopter and started drenching the inside of it, getting the seats, the floor and everything, drenching it from back to front until the can was empty in which then she dropped the can in the pilots seat and climbed down the latter but not before flicking her zippo to life and tossing it inside. The gasoline went to life in a quick blaze of fire as she jumped down and ran back and distanced herself. "Lets see them fly it now."

That was when the black cadillac came speeding out of the hanger and Jasmine thought it was Eric or his saviors but instead it was Sarah and she was driving full speed ahead towards the helicopter. "Sarah! What are you doing?! Stop!" She screamed but Sarah drove right into that helicopter and crashed into it, the cadillac exploded and not long after so did the helicopter in one huge massive ball of fire.

Jasmine's eyes widened. "Sarah!" She screamed, hearing sirens as several police cars came upon the scene and she looked around at the chaos. Kevin carrying Miracle around the corner of the hanger, Cody and Melanie walking from inside of it. She ran her hands through her hair, overwhelmed by it all. She then turned and realized Eric's real getaway plan, the yacht that was speeding away from the marina and was unlikely to be noticed beyond the explosion of the helicopter and the other chaos that they had caused.

Robin, Cody and Melanie walked outside to where Jasmine was and stared at the fire filled scene.

"Oh my god." Robin looked on in horror.

"She did it...because she felt powerless, she felt so guilty..." Melanie looked heartbroken, she looked as if she were going to fall to pieces right there and it wasn't an act. "You should of seen her when me and Kevin found her. She felt like she was a failure, that Miracle's entire life depended on her getting through that gate." Melanie covered her mouth, tears filling her eyes. "I didn't want her to die. I never hated her that much."

Robin looked over at Melanie and walked over, taking the girl into her arms and Melanie fell into Robin's arms, her eyes shut as she cried. "I just couldn't let her do more, it was her injury and that was all my fault..."

"Melanie, you couldn't have predicted that all of this would happen." Robin said, rubbing the girls hair.

"But it did and it's all my fault." She cried.

Kevin looked at Melanie, his heart breaking for her and then his gaze shifted to the ambulance. "He needs medical attention." Kevin said and helped Miracle over to the EMT's who got him onto a stretcher. "He was drugged, I don't know what with or how much." He watched as they loaded him onto the ambulance and sighed. "Nothing ever changes, cops, hospitals, all of it, always."

"It's because we don't change." Melanie said as she looked at Kevin.

Jasmine frowned and looked down, not knowing what to say at this point and she walked to the van, opening both doors and sitting down on the ledge of the back of it, Robin guided Melanie over there and they sat beside Jasmine.

Laquisha was on the scene yet again, the second crime scene in a single night, involving the same people. She was going to get to the bottom of all of this, one way or another. She walked over to the three girls at the van and took out her note pad. "I don't want to make this complicated, we have a lot to do here so if I could just get your statements here, you can go and we can handle the rest."

Jasmine sighed. "Me and Sarah were outside Brad's house. You know, Brad? The guy that was murdered? Well this guy named Kyler who goes to our school disappeared for months after he died. We were going to Brad's house to see if we could find anything to try and help us find the guy. He put something in the mail box and then some guy took it back out after he left. So we followed him, picked up Miracle on the way and he lead us to a hotel and then he came back out of his room. Me and Sarah hid in time but he caught Miracle. The two seemed to know each other and he took Miracle into his room."

Jasmine sighed and ran a hand through her hair. "So we listened in and the two were having sex, at least that is what it sounded like and we thought he would come out with the envelope but then it just got really quiet, everything except the television..."

Robin looked up. "So Sarah called me and my friend Cody over there." She gestured to her friend outside, watching the flames. "We came and they wanted us to take Cody's bible and pitch a give away."

"I took them up and showed them the room." Jasmine looked up at Laquisha.

Ben and Charlie, the two investigators that had visited Miracle months ago had walked up to where Laquisha was. Ben looked around. "What statements do you have so far?"

Laquisha looked at Ben. "Are you aware you were taken off the case because you did nothing but make a witness so hostile that you guys had to leave the house?"

"Yeah well I'm back on it, have caught up on every file on this ... group of kids and will be present for questioning and would like copies of the notes you got so far."

Laquisha rolled her eyes and ripped the page off her note pad and shoved it at Charlie. "Copy that, rookie. And make sure the original goes into my files."

Ben smiled and glanced over the notes, reading them really quickly. "Okay so bible pitch." He looked over at them. "And which one showed them the room?"

Jasmine lifted her hand. "Me, I'm Jasmine."

Ben nodded and started his own notes and Laquisha continued her notes on a new piece of paper.

"So what happened after?" Ben asked.

"Well I wasn't needed after that, I came back down to the parking garage and Sarah's car was gone. She saw Miracle's GPS moving and she went to follow it."

"Sarah? Where is..."

"She drove into the helicopter and blew up." Laquisha looked at Ben.

"She used the man's car. Her car is behind the gift shop." Melanie said. "I told her to put it there and to get into the trunk of the corvette. Cody came and Robin, Jasmine and Kevin were supposed to hide in the van. I pretended to be the guys girlfriend, got the gate open and that's how we got in."

Melanie frowned and closed her eyes. "I stopped the man with..."

"Pepper spray." Cody walked over. "He was going to hurt Melanie and I was pretending to be her luggage boy and I pepper sprayed him." Cody gave a look at Melanie. "Once I knew she was safe, I checked the room, knew the back door was open so I used the phone in the room to call Robin."

"That was when Kevin chose to go and try to catch them before they got away." Robin said.

"And then I noticed the extra gallon of gas that Cody kept in the back of the van and I went to the helicopter and I took off with it, drenched the inside of it and set it on fire..." Jasmine looked down, covering her eyes. "And Sarah must of felt so useless..."

Melanie frowned. "So useless that she finished the job." Melanie shook her head. "She took the guys car and drove right into the helicopter and it blew up." Melanie shook as she started to cry again. "I just want to go home. I'm tired of all of this mess."

Kevin walked up to the investigators and the van. "I let Melanie use my car, it was part of the act that she wanted to use. I caught the guys trying to smuggle Miracle out. He was drugged up, didn't know what was happening, just that he was drugged. I knocked one guy out, he's at the side and ... I had no choice but to kill the other."

"And none of it matters because the man got away ... I saw the yacht take off after the explosion." Jasmine shook her head. "Miracle acted like he had met the man before, you should talk to him."

Ben looked at Charlie. "Funny how Miracle is at...the center of all these crimes."

Laquisha looked at Ben. "Miracle? If you'd pay attention, Melanie is at the center of all of them."

Robin glared at them. "Really? You want to speculate who the drama queen is? These crimes happened and just because they happen to one or two particular people, it doesn't matter who they are. Do your jobs!" Robin stood up and wrapped an arm around Melanie. "Kevin, is it okay if we take her home? I want to be with her for a little while."

Kevin nodded. "Yeah, I'll just...take Jasmine home." He looked at the detectives. "Sarah's car is behind the gift shop." Kevin walked to his car and lifted the trunk and grabbed her phone and handed it over to Laquisha. "Her phone." He shut his trunk and got in, turning the car on, waiting for Jasmine to get in before he backed out of the hanger and was careful as he drove out of the crime scene.

"Drop me off at the hospital, Robin. Jae is gone, I don't want to drop this on him while he is so far away, he'll feel helpless and someone needs to be there for Miracle."

Robin nodded and helped Melanie into the back of the van and grabbed a blanket that was back there, wrapping it around her. "It's okay." She managed a smile and then moved to the driver side, cranking the van up.

"Look for the guard..." Melanie looked up at Ben and Laquisha. "And there was a guy here, he had a name tag, Jeffrey." She said just before Cody shut the back doors to the van and got into the passenger side and Robin drove away.

Copyright © 2014 x Trevor x; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Holy shit, Trevor! I can't believe you killed Sarah!!! She was such a good person! But it took Sarah's death to "change" Melanie. Is Melanie going to be nice and sweet from now on? Or will it only last a little while until she gets tired of it?

 

That slime Eric. He got away and we still don't know how he knows of Brad's family or what the letter said.

 

Shit. Now I'm on pins and needles. lol

 

Great chapter, Trevor! :2thumbs:

Link to comment
On 11/24/2013 06:37 PM, Lisa said:
Holy shit, Trevor! I can't believe you killed Sarah!!! She was such a good person! But it took Sarah's death to "change" Melanie. Is Melanie going to be nice and sweet from now on? Or will it only last a little while until she gets tired of it?

 

That slime Eric. He got away and we still don't know how he knows of Brad's family or what the letter said.

 

Shit. Now I'm on pins and needles. lol

 

Great chapter, Trevor! :2thumbs:

Killing Sarah was actually a hard choice to make, it was really hard for me. She was spoken of in earlier chapters and to finally get to write her was really exciting. Thing is that I knew with this sort of plot that I knew there had to be some sort of sacrifice otherwise it's to good to be true and I feel like Sarah's emotions fit the bill. She lost Brad, found out he had an affair and was a total liar, jerk and cheat and then even after finding it in her heart to half way forgive Miracle, she felt so little of herself that she couldn't contribute to the "mission" to save him. Really it was because of her that they even found him but I don't think she realized that and she was going off of pure emotion when she made her attempt to try and stop Eric's escape. To bad he had a second escape plan. Gotta keep the bad guys around though, right?

 

As for Melanie, I think she really tried to be a good guy in this one, she was really expressive in how she felt everyone treated her and in how she wanted to make up for it by putting herself on the line and right out in the open even if it was partly to be the "star" of the show, she knew that if anyone were to get shot by a sniper that it would be her beyond the others and she still did it anyway. I am glad that this chapter was perceived well by you, given little show from the main character but I really thought it would be interesting to work the dynamics of the rest of the group. Overall I do think aside from partly wanting to be a star she did partly want to seek redemption by how she belittled herself. In fact Robin's description of Melanie was well on base, she would make a good psychologist.

 

As for her staying good? Hmm we'll just have to see! I can say her partnership with Jaemin is going to become fairly interesting!

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..