Jump to content
    x Trevor x
  • Author
  • 7,153 Words
  • 1,126 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Like a Train Wreck - 29. Chapter 29: The World Can't Love You

Miracle felt the morning sunlight hit his face just as it was rising and his face tensed up and then slowly his eyes opened, he looked around, finding a large blanket was covering him and he pulled it tightly around himself. He then looked up, seeing black booted feet on the pier and a pier, at first he thought it was Skylar but then he noticed the jeans draping over the tops of the boots and they were soaking wet, his gaze continued roll upward until he found it was Jaemin, staring down at him.

"Lucky people fish around here, my night was just awful, I can see how yours went." Jaemin put on a smile but he was clearly not happy as he stepped onto the boat and kneeled down to be closer to Miracle, shaking his head. "How much more of this am I going to have to take? He pushed me off the boat. Is that going through your head, Miracle? He pushed me off the boat and you...you..." Jaemin shook his head.

Miracle looked at Jaemin and pushed himself to sit up, seeing Kevin come out from the cabin down below, fully clothed.

"I should go." Kevin said.

"Nah." Jaemin stood up. "We're going to finish this, all three of us."

"Finish what? I pushed your sorry ass off, to bad you didn't fucking drown. Who the hell saved you anyway?" Kevin looked at Jaemin.

"Gold fish." Jaemin said.

"Uh...the game is Go fish...I think." Miracle brought his hand up, nibbling at his nails.

Jaemin paused and looked at Miracle and then looked at Kevin. "What he said, go fish and find out."

Kevin looked at Jaemin and grinned, shaking his head. "Smooth, really fucking smooth."

"Yeah, like sleeping with my boyfriend, have anything to say about that? I mean...I know you raped him but...hell, wasn't that because Brad told you to? I didn't know you actually fucking liked it."

Miracle frowned, remembering the rape and he looked at Kevin. "Do people have to keep bringing that up?" He hugged the blanket tighter. "It makes me feel vulnerable."

Jaemin spun around. "Then why the fuck did you sleep with him?! Didn't it bring back any flashbacks?! God...Miracle."

Kevin frowned. "I'm not happy with myself either."

Jaemin looked at Kevin. "Really, why the fuck not? You pushed me off the boat, hoping I'd die and you got to bang my boyfriend, you should be the happiest guy in the freakin world, perfect revenge, right?!"

Tears started forming in Miracle's eyes, the words were bothering him. How rape and bang and other such phrases were just being tossed around in reference to him, especially as if he wasn't even there. He curled up into a ball and shifted sideways, leaning against the front of the seats.

"It was weird, you wouldn't understand." Kevin shook his head at Jaemin. "What I did with Miracle was not meant to hurt you...or him, especially him." Kevin looked down at Miracle. "I don't know what it is about him but when we got back...and Jasmine took off, I just looked at him and I saw Melanie. I can't stop looking at him and seeing Melanie." He looked up at Jaemin. "It's like torture, it's like Melanie is right there on the ground right now, curled up, crying because me and you are fighting, tossing all these insensitive words around! Do you think I want to look at him and feel this way? Do you think I want to do that to myself? Do you think I want to do that to him?!"

Jaemin shook his head, almost left speechless. "Wow...that is just bad...that is just tragic."

"Maybe it's your karma for taking what was mine, now I'm uncontrollably obsessed with what is yours." Kevin stared at Jaemin.

Jaemin looked at Kevin, angry. "As if Skylar's consequences weren't enough." Jaemin turned around and grabbed an empty beer bottle. "As if killing my own sister in vain wasn't enough!" He threw the bottle down, shattering it and then stomped it anyway. "We didn't even share the same Dad! If she had only let me meet the guy! We would of found that out! Her inheritence would of been safe!" He kept stomping the glass and then finally stopped.

"You know what, maybe that bitch hynotised you?!" Jaemin stepped towards Kevin and he pointed at him, sarcastically grinning and he nodded. "Yeah, that's what the fuck she did."

"Yeah? And just when did she do that?!" Kevin stared Jaemin down.

Miracle by this time had pulled half of his clothes on, his underwear and his jeans anyway. "He has a point, Jasmine was with him and then we were all together and then he was with me."

Jaemin looked between them. "Yeah...maybe so but there is this thing about hynotism, sometimes one can make it kick in at a certain preset time, they set a trigger."

"Yeah, but don't you think I would have remembered seeing Skylar?" Kevin shook his head. "This is stupid!"

"Yeah, it is stupid, find someone else to be your Melanie." Jaemin narrowed his eyes at Kevin.

Miracle shook his head and got off the yacht and onto the pier and turned around to look at them. "As if I am not even here...might aswell not be." Miracle then stormed off.

Jaemin turned around. "Miracle, wait!"

Kevin watched Miracle run off with a longing expression and then he frowned. "You're a real jack ass, you know that, Jaemin?"

Jaemin glared at Kevin. "I'm only speaking the truth. Leave him alone." Jaemin got off the yacht and moved off to try and catch Miracle before he took off.

The lexus speeded out of the marina, tears falling down Miracle's face as he cried, driving down the road, not even worried, not even caring if he wrecked. He was made to feel like an object again, used, completely and totally used. His eyes shut and he cried out loudly as he leaned forward and then opened his eyes, trying to concentrate on the road.

Eventually Miracle made it to Sterling's house and walked up to his apartment door and knocked on it, crossing his arms, waiting for an answer.

Sterling opened the door and looked at Miracle, at first seeing him shirtless but then seeing his face, soaked in tears. "What happened?"

"Just let me in. Please just let me in?!" Miracle cried, wiping at his eyes and when Sterling stepped aside, he walked in and turned around when Sterling closed the door. "Your Mom home? I hope not."

"If she were, she would be coming in here to see what was wrong with you." Sterling said.

Miracle sniffled and took a deep but nervous breath and looked around. "Kevin found out what really happened to Melanie last night."

"Really? Well I got some of my own bad news."

"Yeah, what?" Miracle turned around.

"Skylar struck again." Sterling took Miracle's hand and lead him to his bed room where he would sit in his computer chair. "She restaged your overdose, except she used Brian to do it, made me come to the rescue and thankfully he was alive when I got here."

"Thank god for that." Miracle cried and sat on the edge of the bed. "We were all on the yacht, me, Kevin, Jasmine and Jaemin. He got suspicious about Jaemin having some of the drug left that Melanie used on Eric because Jaemin used it on the desk guy so we could check out the room."

"And?" Sterling questioned.

"We didn't find anything, well Jasmine found that Jeffrey guys ID tag so we got a face...and a name unless it was stolen identity." Miracle shook his head. "So we went on the yacht and once we were all the way in the middle of the water, Kevin started questioning Jaemin, he became terribly hostile and it eventually became so obvious what Jaemin had done and he threw Jaemin off and into the water and drove away. Once we docked, Jasmine was screaming, she was furious, took off..."

Sterling looked down, shocked, and slowly shook his head. "Damn...have any idea where he is now?"

"Oh I know." Miracle looked up at Sterling. "This is the worst part to come. Me and Kevin were left alone, I was upset, he comforted me. Remember how I was the night I was suicidal? I wanted you to take the pain away? Remember how I wanted you to do it?"

"You wanted Kevin to do that?" Sterling gave Miracle an odd look. "I didn't think Kevin was...that way. I mean he raped you but that was because of Brad. And why would you want him to do that? He raped you!" Sterling sat upright, confused.

"It didn't matter." Miracle stared off across the room. "He was there, I wanted the pain gone, he was comforting me and he took the pain away. And then...I wake up the next morning, this morning with a blanket thrown over me, Jaemin standing over on the pier, he hops onto the yacht, in his own way he says fishermen saved him. Kevin comes out of the cabin and they start arguing."

Sterling nodded.

"They start throwing these words around, Jaemin says things like...are you happy that you got to bang my boyfriend, got your revenge now? Then Kevin gives off this story about how he couldn't look at me without seeing Melanie, that he just kept seeing Melanie and that he needed me...I guess because he sees me..." Miracle shakes his head. "As some form of physical connection to her? I don't know, that whole part is confusing to me."

Sterling took a deep breath. "Well you were her best friend, my Mom filmed the funeral, in his speech, he said for a moment that he pretended that she was just asleep." He paused and looked at Miracle. "Maybe when he saw you crying..." He shrugged. "Maybe it helped him with the loss by comforting you, maybe it made him think that by you crying over Jaemin that Melanie was crying over him, he wanted to comfort Melanie and the only way he could was through you, the lines crossed. You were physical, she is spiritual." Sterling tilted his head. "It still sounds confusing, how can a person, a perfectly sane person see one person as another person?"

"He knew who I was, when he said that he saw Melanie everytime he looked at me, it was a figure of speech. He thinks I am a physical connection or something." Miracle shook his head. "Point is...Jaemin made me feel degraded and Kevin made me feel used." Miracle covered his face. "Thing is...and I know this is so horribly wrong and that it makes me a horribly bad person and a bitch and whatever name I could be called that's bad but...Kevin is so...perfect." Miracle's hands fell from his face. "He's just like Brad but he was so sweet and tender and...and loving."

Sterling looked at Miracle. "Damn, you do have a problem."

"Yeah and as if that wasn't bad enough." He jerked his head up to look at Sterling. "I slept with Cody in Fiji and Jaemin already forgave me for that. I did it because...I wanted Cody to have the ultimate experience, I did it because when I'm alone with another guy, it's like I compartmentalize my life so that I can create this free space to create this fantasy, this dream where I can just..." Miracle shook his head. "It's just...it's exciting, the thrill, the rush, experiencing someone new."

Sterling began to look at Miracle. "In that case...maybe you should talk to someone else, a female someone else."

"Like who? Jasmine? And ruin what they could possibly have? Once she realizes that Jaemin is alive and well, she'll get over it. So who else? Skylar? Then she'll make me pay some kind of consequence, she'll figure out one in her twisted little head." Miracle tilted his head to the side.

"Erica?" Sterling used his foot to push the computer chair backwards.

"Maybe but then I would have to explain it all over again and it's so long and complicated. Not to mention confusing." Miracle replied.

Sterling looked at Miracle with a very serious expression. "Did you not just hear what you said? What's to stop you from...you and me?"

Miracle was quiet for a few moments as his eyes diverted towards the floor. "Well, if you still didn't want me." Miracle moved off the bed and over to the computer chair and he hopped onto Sterling's lap, straddling him, arms quickly wrapping around his neck, pulling him closer. "Then I wouldn't have to stop myself, you would stop me." Miracle then pulled him close and kissed him.

Sterling's eyes widened but then quickly closed as he wrapped his arms around Miracle, returning the kiss before standing up, feeling Miracle's legs quickly wrap around his waist and he moved towards the bed and dived onto it with Miracle being on the bottom, the kiss becoming more intense, passionate even, but more than anything, driven by pure lust.

"So where exactly are we supposed to be going?" Cody looked behind them and sighed. "You know that guy isn't far behind." Cody looked at Robin.

"Which is why I took another road. He saw which way I went leaving the store, he won't anticipate that I turned." Robin looked at Cody. "I was going to West Virginia, my parents have a cabin there." Robin shook her head, looking at the road.

"You think you're getting there on that gas?" Cody looked at the gas meter that was on a quarter of a tank. "Who do you think stole your money? Skylar did!"

"That's why we're going on your money." Robin frowned. "And I will get my money back, she will give me a refund."

Cody stared at Robin. "A refund?" He went quiet and then started laughing. "A refund!"

"She stole my bible too, I don't even know why, like someone like her would care about it." Robin's hands tightened on the steering wheel.

"Well...what are you going to do if she stole my phone and is GPSing your every move? Obviously that guy is one of her men, who else would be after you?" Cody raised a single brow.

"She won't find me, I left my phone at my house." Robin nodded her head in an odd way. "Was kind of an accident but it works for the best."

"Maybe we should go up into the West Virginia mountains, put a rock on the gas petal and force the truck off a cliff so our deaths are faked and train it back to New York?!" Cody was not thrilled about being so far from home.

"Yeah and you want to hike all the way down into town?" Robin sarcastically smiled. "Great idea!"

"This is your fault for running away." Cody mumbled.

"Well if I didn't, I would be in the back of that van with you in Barneyland. Would you have liked that better?!" Robin spotted another store at the edge of another small town. "We'll go use this pay phone." She drove into the parking lot and parked beside the phone.

"What good is that going to do?" Cody asked.

"Well first of all we can call our friends and then we can call the FBI and have them helicopter us back home." Robin paused. "Maybe..." She looked at him. "If we tell them being so far from home is causing us mental and emotional anguish."

Cody started laughing again.

Robin reached into the console and grabbed what spare change she had and got out. "I hope I don't regret calling crazy girl." She got out of the truck and grabbed the phone, putting the change in and dialing Jasmine's number.

Jasmine heard the phone ring and sat up in the bed, hair wild and crazy as it used to be when she was an outcast. "God, I can't answer the phone looking like a freak." She shook her head and grabbed it anyway. "Hello? Look, I have to do my hair before I can talk to anyone." She made her way to the bathroom and grabbed her brush and started to try multi-tasking with her hair.

"Do your hair? I can't even see you! Jasmine...psycho. It's me, Robin! I'm alive and I have Cody!"

"Oh my god! Robin!" Jasmine dropped the brush. "Where are you?! What happened?!" She grabbed a scrunchie and a yankees hat and walked into the living room.

"Some no where town! I just wanted to call and tell someone. Look there is a guy chasing me down and I found Cody in the back of his van drugged up and I saved him and Skylar stole all of my money..." Robin went rambling on about their situation.

Jasmine only heard half of it and interrupted Robin when she heard a knock on the door. "Hold on!" She dropped the phone on the couch and quickly put her hair in a bun with the scrunchie and put on the hat before walking to the door to find Kevin standing there. "Why the hell are you here?! You pushed Jaemin off the yacht! Did they find him yet?! Is he dead?! I'll call the cops!"

"Jasmine! Wait! This is a pay phone! I will run out of time! Jas..." Robin trailed off and then suddenly heard Jasmine screaming at someone, so loud that she could hear every word of it and her eyes widened.

"Would you calm down?!" Kevin yelled at Jasmine.

Robin's time then ran out and she simply dropped the phone and left it hanging and got back into the truck. "Kevin pushed Jaemin off his yacht and into the middle of the water and now he might be dead."

Cody's eyes widened at Robin. "Jasmine tell you that?"

"No...Kevin knocked on her door and she dropped the phone somewhere and I heard them argue about it and then she threatened to call the cops on him and then my time ran out." Robin sighed and then realized something. "Oh my god! You were in the mental ward when they took you! You don't have any credit card or money! I am going to run out of gas and that man is going to get us!" Robin closed her eyes and leaned forward, pressing her head against the steering wheel.

"Just calm down, Jaemin isn't dead! Some fishermen saved him." Kevin said.

"Yeah no thanks to you." She grabbed the door and went to slam it in his face.

Kevin slammed a palm into the door to keep it open. "Would you stop being mad? I over reacted."

"Well you need to let Melanie go and you still threw my cell phone in the water." She narrowed her eyes at him and crossed her arms. Jasmine was still mad and she would find reasons to be mad.

"That was her killer! So wait a minute...you'd call the police on me for pushing him off the boat but you didn't plan to call the police on him for killing her?!" Kevin looked at Jasmine. "That is completely hypocritical!"

Jasmine thought about it. "That's different! That would hurt Miracle! And...and he's still alive! And I am quite sure that Melanie would rather him be alive than for two more lives to be ruined!"

"It would hurt Miracle? Yeah, if he's so in love with Jaemin then why the fuck did he have sex with me?!" Kevin screamed at her.

"You had sex with Miracle after you pushed Jaemin off the boat?!" Jasmine yanked her hat off and threw it at Kevin before turning around and walking back into her living room to grab the cordless phone. "Get out! I don't have time for your stupid bullshit! Robin is on the phone and I have to help her!"

Kevin sort of half caught it before it ended up falling on the ground and he walked inside. "Robin? Where is she?"

"None of your fucking business! Get out of my house!" Jasmine brought the phone to her ear. "Robin, are you still there?" Jasmine paused. "Robin? Robin? Hello?" Jasmine screamed and threw the phone on the floor. "She is gone because of your dumbass! Skylar has a man hunting her and Cody!"

"She found Cody?" Kevin shook his head.

"I can't even think of how anything happened right now or anything she told me! Just get out of my house!" Jasmine screamed at him.

Kevin took a deep breath. "Not until you hear what I have to say!"

Jasmine huffed and fell down to sit on the couch, covering her face. "Explain yourself and leave then."

Kevin sighed, now that Jasmine seemed calm and he took a seat beside her. "This is going to be hard to explain, I doubt you will understand, I don't even think Jaemin fully understood it. Honestly, I don't think anyone can truly understand what it feels like but me."

Jasmine sniffled and pulled her hands away, looking at him, crying. "What is it? Just tell me."

"The reason I slept with Miracle." He looked at Jasmine. "You know I'm not that way. I raped him for Brad, he was the leader, he gave the orders, everyone fell in line. I just did what was expected of me." His gaze shifted downwards. "This time...after you left, I looked down at him and he was so hurt, so weak, just down there, on the floor, crying." Kevin began to look hurt as he thought over it again.

"And?" Jasmine shrugged.

"Melanie had been brought back up last night, I found out what Jaemin did. You know how I said at the funeral, I pretended that Melanie was just asleep for a moment? Well when I looked at Miracle, I knew it was him, I knew who he was but it was like looking at Melanie, far off and away, crying for me and it was like I had to comfort her and Miracle was like..." Kevin shook his head. "Miracle was like this physical being that she was channeling through to get to me or so I told myself or so I pretended, it was a coping mechanism but I didn't mean for it to be."

Jasmine listened. "As strange as it is, I'm understanding you, keep talking."

Kevin took a deep breath, tears falling down his face. "So Miracle asked me to take the pain away and I knew it was him but to me..I was pretending it was Melanie because I wanted so desperately to comfort her. And like I said, it all seemed so uncontrollable and it just happened and...it was like I felt whole again." Kevin looked up at Jasmine. "The next morning, I thought I would be normal again, Jaemin was there when I came up from the cabin, we argued but the moment I looked down at Miracle, covered in the blanket, so vulnerable looking, I saw Melanie again, I felt Melanie and this longing, this need, all the feelings from last night just came rushing back." Kevin frowned and looked down, shaking his head. "Miracle got tired of me and Jaemin arguing and so he took off and Jaemin ran after him. And I just stood there, wondering if I would react to him like this forever."

Jasmine leaned over and wrapped her arms around Kevin and hugged him. "You know I will be your friend, now that I understand."

"Yeah but now I'm a freak." Kevin pulled away from Jasmine and shook his head. "I thought we had a real shot, me and you and now..."

Jasmine shook her head, placing a finger on his lips. "Time, there is always time. Things change, people change and everything evolves. So don't go trying to predict everything. For now, we're here and I am your friend, just like it was before and we'll hang out." Jasmine smiled at him in which Kevin returned that smile.

A pounding knock could be heard on Sterling's front door. "Miracle! I know you're in there!" Jaemin yelled through the door.

Miracle sat up in the bed and his eyes widened at Sterling. "Oh no...he already caught me and Kevin."

Sterling started to sit up and then fell back and covered his face. "What? Are you going for world record are something? Who's going to be next? Hunter? Technically that's not incest and you're getting fucking twisted anyway."

"Twisted? You did it with me!" Miracle said in a dramatic yet whispery tone. "You wanted it just as much as I did." He looked at the bed room door. "How in the hell did he even find me? He doesn't have a phone and I have mine."

"Maybe he went to Jasmine's." Sterling suggested.

"No, Kevin got mad at her and threw her phone into the water." Miracle responded.

Sterling's eyebrows raised. "Wow...and those are the days of your lives."

"Make jokes." Miracle climbed out of the bed and started gathering his clothes. "Get dressed...and make your bed, hurry!"

"Miracle, open the damn door!" Jaemin continued pounding it with his fist.

"I can't get dressed and make my bed at the same time! You know, he's going to wonder why we're taking so long!" Sterling replied, dramatically but whispery.

"Damn it, I'll fix it." Miracle said after getting his underwear and his jeans on, seeing that Sterling had done the same. "Come help me."

"What are you doing?" Sterling looked at Miracle.

"Fixing the bed." Miracle walked over to the aquarium. "On three."

"Oh no..." Sterling shook his head.

"Oh yes...if you can't hurry up and make it, we got to explain it some how." Miracle placed a hand on the back and front of the aquarium.

"Fucking you is so not worth this." Sterling went to the other side, taking position.

"Nice to fucking know." Miracle pushed forward just as Sterling did and then jumped back as the aquarium fell forward and crashed into the bed, shattering everywhere. "Skylar, look at what you've done!"

"This is a fucking consequence?! I killed my fish with nail polish?!" Sterling screamed and then he moved to open his window.

"Good." Miracle sighed and then ran for the door and opened it. "Skylar just attacked! She trashed Sterling's aquarium because she thought he killed his fish with Melanie's nail polish!"

Jaemin just stared at Miracle and then pushed him aside as he rushed into Sterling's bed room to see the nightmare of a mess.

"She escaped out of the window!" Sterling said.

Jaemin stared at Sterling and then walked towards the window and looked out. "She's acrobatic...but it would still take her more time than it did from me getting inside and to this window for her to get down the fire escape and run down this street and out of sight."

"She had a car waiting!" Miracle said as he ran back into Sterling's room.

Jaemin stood there for a moment or so and then pulled his head back in from the window and turned around to look at the two of them. "Skylar made Sterling pay a consequence for Melanie killing the fish with her nail polish because she thought Sterling did it? Really? Like Sterling just has nail polish laying around? Or did she think he just bought it especially for the occasion?"

"Epic fail..." Sterling mumbled and crossed his arms, looking away.

Miracle stared at Jaemin and took a deep breath and looked down at the mushy, water soaked carpet.

"You're on a sex binge, I mean, two a freakin twenty four hour time zone?" Jaemin shook his head. "Who's next?"

"I bet my money on Hunter, technically isn't incest." Sterling blurted out.

"Shut up!" Jaemin pointed at Sterling and then looked at Miracle. "Are you doing this to hurt me? What have I done to you? Did Kevin pushing me off the boat hurt you so bad that since his fucked up brain wanted to use you to satisfy his own need to try and make you Melanie make you want to use him to take away the pain? Then what? I hurt Kevin who you, what? Grow attached to and so when I hurt him, you go to Sterling to take the pain away? What if I hurt Sterling? And then stay here, would you wanna fuck me to take the pain away?! Tell me Miracle!"

Miracle closed his eyes, flinching every time Jaemin raised his voice and then he looked up, tears staining his face. "I don't know. I don't know why I do what I do...and I don't know why I don't think about it. I just hurt and I just feel and then the heat rises and I get close and that person is so close to me, so strong...so wanting...of me." Miracle slowly shook his head. "That person wants me...and it feels so special and I feel so cherished and I know that you make me feel all of those ways but in the heat of the moment, I just can't let it go, the more cherished I feel, the more I want and the more chances that come, the more I can't resist. I love the world and I want the world to love me."

Jaemin slowly shook his head. "You can't be worshipped Miracle, not by the world. No one can be worshipped by the world, no one. And Kevin, he didn't want you. He only took you because for some odd fucked up reason you reminded him so much of Melanie. When he had sex with you? Yeah, you asked for it but he thought or at least he told himself that he was easing Melanie's pain. He was never thinking about you!" Jaemin walked closer to Miracle. "If I didn't fucking love you, I wouldn't forgive you, any other guy would be out the fucking door this minute. You want to be worshipped? You have one guy that worships you."

Miracle walked away and towards the door frame of the bathroom where he lowered to sit down and he started crying. "I don't know...I...I just feel so alone." His eyes shut tight. "I hate him...David...I hate him for what he has done to me! He ruined me!" Miracle started weakly punching at the door frame as he screamed out a sob. "I hate him! I hate him..." He cried loudly.

Sterling frowned, watching the depth of pain that Miracle was in.

Jaemin walked over to Miracle and lowered down beside him and took him into his arms and gently started to rock him. "I know...I know you hate it." It took everything in him not to cry for Miracle but he wanted to be the strong one, he had to be the strong one, for Miracle.

"I hate him...I wish he had died..." Miracle cried as he fell helplessly into Jaemin's arms. "He messed me up...I'm messed up...everyone would just be better off...better off if I just...just dissappeared."

"That's not true!" Jaemin grabbed Miracle by the shoulders and pulled him up, shaking him. "Don't you ever say that!"

"Isn't it true? If you loved me so much...you would of never ever felt anything for Sterling...how can I believe anyone ever truly forever loves me...if they do things like that? How can I ever believe that it's true?" Miracle stared at Jaemin but his vision was completely blurred by the tears. "That's not how fairytales work...they aren't supposed to go like that! You always know the prince loves you because he never strays...never." Miracle then tries to get up and run off.

Jaemin grabs Miracle before he could run off and pulls him back down and into his arms. "I am so sorry for that, Miracle, I'll always be sorry for that. I failed you..." Jaemin shook his head. "David didn't completely damage you...he gave you a vision but the sad part about it...he gave you a vision that the world would ultimately fail to live up to and ultimately that is the reason behind you Miracle. Behind everything that you do, you go everywhere, searching endlessly for that perfect vision but...you can't ever find it because that vision...while beautiful, in this world, it's a lie."

Miracle's cries became softer and his breaths became heavier and quicker as he sniffled, listening to everything that Jaemin said and to Miracle, it made all the sense in the world. "Then I'm alien...I was taught of a world where I can't reach, a world that is my home but I can't get to it."

Jaemin cupped Miracle's face in his hands. "I'll get you through it, every step of the way but you have to trust me to do that for you. You have to trust that I am your prince and that you don't have to search anymore. You can't be uncertain about who the prince is or about finding who he is because...you have to trust that you already have. You have to stick to the same story and not switch them when...when you feel like you're with a new prince. Do you understand that?"

"It's just so hard...the thrill...the rush...it's like a pounding in my chest, like a tingling, like you're so close to someone else and you can feel their heat rushing over you and you get closer...and closer...and then your lips meet and the passion just...it just explodes." Miracle looked down at Jaemin and took his hands. "I'm sorry."

"Lets go home, I want to tuck you in and let you sleep for a little while and then I'll make you some lunch." Jaemin said, brushing his thumbs across the tops of Miracle's hands.

"Okay, just take me home. I want to go home." Miracle looked up at him and nodded.

Sterling looked around the room, it seemed he was going to be stuck with the mess alone but seeing Miracle just completely unravel before his very eyes, he could understand. He didn't say anything, just stood back and watched the couple as they left and took a deep breath. "Where to start? Glass..."

"So what is the plan?" Cody sat on the other side of the booth across from Robin.

"We order, we eat and then we leave monopoly money on the table." Robin mumbled, unhappily.

"Where did you get..."

"Shoosh!" Robin batted a hand at Cody's arm. "It was under the seat from when we went camping so I just put like three five hundreds in my purse." She looked around and then up at the waitress who came to their table.

"Hi, what can I get you?" The waitress smiled at them.

Robin looked at the woman's name tag. "Oh, hey Wendy. Uh...I just want a cheese burger...and a soda...yeah, a coke."

Cody stared at Robin and then looked at Wendy. "The same."

Wendy jotted it down. "Be ready in a jiff!" She smiled and walked off.

"Did you lose your religion?" Cody whispered.

"Desperate times call for desperate measures. Not eating is like suicide which is a sin and theft is a sin...so either way we're sinning so I'm picking the least bad one." Robin mumbled.

Cody started laughing like there was no tomorrow.

"Stop it!" Robin looked at him.

"Robin is finally sinning." Cody kept laughing.

"It'll be Skylar that pays for it, she put me in this situation." Robin frowned, letting Cody laugh at her.

"Why don't you charm a man into some change so we can use the pay phone again?" Cody asked after he stopped laughing.

"Really? And call psycho girl again? She totally failed me...I'll never forgive her." Robin looked miserable.

"You're supposed to be forgiving." Cody said. "Besides, give me the change, I'll call Miracle." Cody suggested.

"I don't even know how to hit on a guy, I'll look stupid." Robin said.

"Well then go hit on a stupid looking guy." Cody pointed out a red headed boy with big glasses who had his nose buried in a book. "Act like you read the book."

Robin turned around to look at the guy. "Deadly Desires?" She looked over at Cody. "You want me to pretend that I read Deadly Desires? And when I say something wrong about the book and he finds out I'm a fraud, what do you suggest I do then?"

"Tell him your deadly desire is his pocket change, whip out your..." Cody trailed off and grabbed Robin's purse and started digging through it. "Uh...rip out your..." He pulled out a pencil. "Threaten to stab him in the eye with it." He grinned.

Robin grabbed her pencil. "Watch him be gay, for once I hope he is so I can come back and send you over there." She put her pencil back into her purse and grabbed it as she got out of the booth and started to approach the young red headed man.

"Deadly Desire...good read." Robin smiled awkwardly.

The young man, looking not much older than her, a collage freshman at most, looked up at her. "Actually I am reading it to prove my professor wrong that there are a dozen plot holes in it. I see you are blinded as well. This book naturally attracts ignorance."

Robin grinned and then looked at Cody and narrowed her eyes and then looked at the guy and smiled. "I was being sarcastic." She sat down. "Obviously you lack social skills."

"Oh I do not lack." He shut the book. "That was awkwardness because you want to meet me for personal gain." He laid the book down. "My name is Adam."

Robin slowly nodded. "Robin." She balled up her fists on the table. "And what personal gain might that be?"

"It's a diner, you're strapped for cash." Adam smiled. "Tell me your oh so dramatic story."

"You want it? Here goes." Robin leaned forward. "So I was asked by my friend Cody over there to pick up this crazy woman from another friends hotel while they were both flying home from Fiji because apparantly my friend Cody's friend's boyfriend was cheating on him with Cody's friends ex and this crazy woman who is random, no one has ever met her before in any of our lives just happened to be filming through their window from the roof top across the street. So I have to go pick her up and drive her out to this field where she goes Buffy with Cody's friends boyfriend that cheated and then Cody's friends ex that Cody's friends boyfriend cheated with blew up an SUV with the use of a bloody shirt. I saw everything, got kidnapped, was eventually freed, found out I was impregnated and went on the run. This man has been following me in the van and then I found Cody all drugged up in the van so I saved him and we managed to get away for now. Oh and yeah, all of my money in my bank account was stolen, I suspect the crazy woman did it but I used the last change I had to make a simple phone call to a girl that likes to throw fire extinguishers through class room doors and assault teachers with them, she answered and I was trying to tell her the situation until she dropped the phone and got into a fight with the boyfriend of an evil girl who was manslaughtered in a car wreck and had a joint funeral with another girl who killed herself because said evil girl revealed a video of Cody's friend having sex with suicidal girls boyfriend who by then was murdered."

Robin then took a deep breath and smiled. "How is that one for ya?!"

Adam stared at her. "Either you have one hell of an imagination or a life I do not want to be a part of." Adam reached into his pocket and threw a bunch of change, along with a twenty on the table. "Take it and go before they start hunting me."

Robin grabbed up all the change and the twenty and smiled. "Thank you! And God bless!" Robin stood up and walked back over to Cody's table. "Our crazy story got us so much more than pocket change." She laid it all on the table.

Cody's eyes widened.

Miracle sighed as he laid in bed and Jaemin pulled the covers over him and tucked him in. "This feels nice, haven't had this in a long time."

Jaemin smiled and kissed the top of his head. "What you need is lots and lots of love and care and attention. You sleep now and I'll have lunch ready for you in a couple of hours."

"I love you Jaemin." Miracle said before rolling over onto his side.

"I love you too." Jaemin smiled and walked out of the room and down the hall, moving into the living room, he looked around, the house did seem empty and that was sort of nice for a change, he could pretend it was his and Miracle's own place for a little while.

The house phone then began to ring and Jaemin rushed over to grab it before it disturbed Miracle. "Hello?"

"Hi...how are you?" Skylar asked, sitting out on a balcony, waving her fingers around as she had just painted them, laying in a lounge chair, shades on, taking in the sights and sounds of the city.

"As if you care?" Jaemin said, annoyed.

"Well I just wanted to let you know that I need something to do tonight and I narrowed it down to three options. You know how Hunter is such a good shot? Well I thought about taking him to target practice."

"Really?" Jaemin grinned and shook his head.

"Yeah, I want to get better at it, thing is...if my aim is just a little off, a lot of damage could be done. Then again I could go play with fire extinguishers with Jasmine, though it would be more exciting if there were real...live...fires." Skylar laughed. "Last option, I could go sailing with Kevin in his yacht, I just hope I don't get so drunk that I spill my beer, a slip like that could send someone falling off. My point is that I want you to join me but...since I am undecided, you will just have to figure out which one I chose, who I am with and where."

"That's fucking insane." Jaemin said.

"Be square or be there." Skylar laughed and hung up.

Copyright © 2014 x Trevor x; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I read this sitting in the waiting room of a doctor's office waiting for my kid to come out. By the time I got home I forgot to r&r. I saw you posted a new chapter which reminded me I had to r&r. lol

 

Miracle and Jaemin certainly deserve one another. I don't think that anyone else would put up with the shit they do to each other. lol

 

As I keep saying, Sky is a wacko. How did she end up to be this psycho bitch? Oh yeah, daddy's in the mob or something, right? Crazy people. lol

Link to comment
On 01/05/2014 05:14 PM, Lisa said:
I read this sitting in the waiting room of a doctor's office waiting for my kid to come out. By the time I got home I forgot to r&r. I saw you posted a new chapter which reminded me I had to r&r. lol

 

Miracle and Jaemin certainly deserve one another. I don't think that anyone else would put up with the shit they do to each other. lol

 

As I keep saying, Sky is a wacko. How did she end up to be this psycho bitch? Oh yeah, daddy's in the mob or something, right? Crazy people. lol

Lol it's funny you say that about Miracle and Jaemin. (Kind of reminds me of Sami and EJ with how you said it LOL) And yes, Skylar is wacky but I can say that things are about to take a whole different direction! I also finished chapter 30 and I posted it so I hope you enjoy that one as well!
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..