Jump to content
    x Trevor x
  • Author
  • 7,158 Words
  • 1,111 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Like a Train Wreck - 33. Chapter 33: Dealing With The Devil

"Okay, who splurged the money to rent a conference room at city hall? For real?" Miracle walked in and looked around at Robin and Cody who already sat at the long fancy table. "And to call it an emergency meeting?" He squinted his eyes and then looked over at Sterling who had walked in soon after him. "And where is Jaemin? He didn't even come home last night."

"First of all, I splurged." Jasmine grinned as she walked in and laughed. "Robin and Cody wanted to have a meeting so I decided to use some house insurance money."

Sterling looked at Jasmine. "You...spent money to rent a conference room in city hall just for a bunch of us teenagers to hold a meeting? How much did that cost you?"

"I don't know, I just gave them my card and told them to burn it, baby." Jasmine went to the very large chair at the end of the table. "That's why I get to be the meeting host." She smiled.

"Told you guys...shes crazy." Robin said. "She's got the fever." She laughed. "Wait until you hear what it's about! Cody, everyone is going to kick your ass, even Jasmine when she finds out why she spent her money on this!"

Cody looked around. "Hey! It's a very good reason! If anyone has learned any lesson at all from Skylar..."

Sterling shook his head and sat down in one of the chairs, along with Miracle just as Jaemin and Hunter came in.

"Who rented City Hall?" Hunter looked around.

"The chairman..." Robin blinked and looked at Jasmine. "Or...woman." She shook her head. "Anyway she's going to be pissed when she finds out why she made this meeting so important when it's probably not!" Robin kicked at Cody's feet towards the end of her sentence.

"Don't be so dramatic! It's just one room...and I only paid for like ten minutes!" Jasmine waved a hand.

"How much did ten minutes cost you?" Hunter took a seat.

"Oh god, if you guys are just dying to know..." Jasmine sighed and yanked the crumbled receipt out of her pocket. "I bought half an hour for twelve hundred dollars."

"Cody you are dead!" Robin laughed.

"Jaemin, where were you?" Miracle asked.

"I spent the night at Brendan's. We had lunch and I met his wife and...things just kept going, I texted, thought you would get it." Jaemin sat down.

"Okay!" Jasmine pulled a wooden hammer out of her purse and put a notebook on the table and hammered the book. "Court is now in session! My paid time started the moment my card was swiped! What is the issue?!"

Robin laughed.

"Okay, listen, Sterling, after you left the mall, Kyler had been stalking us there. He was giving us evil looks and Robin had to go off and smile and wave at him, she provoked him and he got up and walked over and took a fry and dipped it in your ketchup bucket!" Cody nodded. "Pay attention, Sterling's ketchup bucket." Cody looked around. "Well then he let a single drop of ketchup spill off the fry and land on my hand and then one on Robin's and he said it looked like blood, then he ate the fry and left."

Jasmine started to narrow her eyes.

"Wait, Jasmine! If we learned anything from Skylar, it's symbolism! What if this means something is going to be made happened where Sterling dies at our hands? Like we're put in a situation where me and Robin cause his death in a way where we didn't mean to or had no choice or...you know...something!"

Robin looked up at Jasmine.

Jasmine slams the hammer down on the book. "You mean to tell me that I paid twelve hundred dollars for a conference because of Kyler freaking you out with a french fry?!" She paused and took a deep breath. "Okay, I get it, with Skylar such a gesture, any gesture from her should be taken seriously but Kyler?! Given he did just stab Kevin out of randomness but it's not like he's killed preachers on crosses or kidnapped and impregnated girls or killed hired help or blew up cars or spied on two guys making out or..." She drew in a deep breath for her biggest out burst. "Tried to set me on fire!" She slammed the hammer down again. "And where the fuck is Kevin?!"

"He...uh...he's gone to California." Miracle said, he then looked at Jaemin. "He left because of the...situation."

Jaemin looked at Miracle. "Oh god...Miracle, why didn't you tell me? I would of came to you. I...I know that..."

"Jaemin, not here. Please? Not in front of everyone." Miracle frowned.

Jasmine sighed. "Okay so..as the chair...woman!" She gave Robin a look. "I order Sterling to become agoraphobic!"

Robin started laughing. "Like that's going to work? Didn't stop Skylar from getting to you."

"Where is this guys house? Maybe I could shoot a bullet through his door and just tell him the wood looks like bone fragments." Hunter shook his head.

"I doubt he's even staying at home." Sterling said. "I could always take out restraining orders on Robin and Cody." He started laughing too.

"Would you guys stop laughing?!" Cody looked around.

"Seriously, I don't find this funny either." Jasmine looked around. "Think I can get a refund for a prank meet?"

"Not if you made it." Robin kept laughing.

"Well I can get a refund for time not used so everyone get the fuck out!" Jasmine screamed at them and started hammering the book like crazy. "Get out! Get out! Get out!"

Hunter, Jaemin and Miracle headed out first and the quickest while Sterling and Robin barely made it out they were laughing so hard and Cody was about to have a panic attack as he charged between the two to get out.

"Get out!" Jasmine screamed as she grabbed her book and followed them out into the hall. "Bye!" She turned around and headed off to the main office to see if she could get some money back for time not used.

"I don't think it's Sterling's blood you will have to worry about...and I don't think it's Kyler who you will have to worry about either." Robin grinned at Cody and then laughed as she walked outside "Hunter, give me a ride home? I don't want to be with Cody if Jasmine decides to run him off the road." She laughed.

Hunter grinned and shook his head. "Sure, why not?"

"I'll see you guys later, this was a blast." Sterling laughed and headed outside.

"Sterling, wait! I need you to protect me! I got two enemies now!" Cody ran after him.

Miracle watched on with the hint of a smile that quickly faded once everyone took off. "I wish I could of took the full enjoyment in this." He sat on a bench by the door and looked at Jaemin who sat beside him.

"I'm sorry that you hurt." Jaemin frowned and rubbed the back of Miracle's neck.

"Yeah." He sighed. "It was my decision, I made him go, I told him that the situation was different, when he leaves, he gets a fresh new start, if it kept on, I could be left with ruins." Miracle looked down. "He cared enough about me to sacrifice his last summer home to go. Decided to spend the summer sailing there."

"I told you I wouldn't leave you, Miracle." Jaemin continued to rub the back of his neck.

"I know and that's just it." Miracle looked at him. "You're so loyal that it made it so wrong, wronger than wrong." He sat upright and shook his head. "You have no idea of all the stuff that I learned about myself yesterday. You wanted to know what you didn't provide me? Do you want to know? Because I can tell you now."

Jaemin shifted at the waist to face Miracle more directly. "Okay, sure, tell me."

"What you don't provide me...is you." Miracle said. "It's like Skylar's back tracking. I do it too except mine is like...do overs. Why was I attracted to Kevin? Because he was the picture perfect Brad...but that's the difference picture and I quote, perfect. He was my chance at Brad again, my chance to perfect it. It's like...when I'm with someone and it goes bad and then I meet someone else so similar to them, if they are better than the first, I will use them to perfect what I wanted from the first experience."

Jaemin looked thoughtful. "Okay, so let me get this straight. You wanted Kevin because you experienced Brad and Brad was ruined so...Kevin was like a repeat only he was better so it was like a chance at getting to redo the experience in a...what? Perfected way? The way you originally hoped for it to be?"

"Exactly and that is what you don't provide. I've never met a past you, I've never met anyone like you so I don't have a strong need to perfect anything because you're the first you. Now if you go off, ruin it for me and I go off and la de da da and meet someone else like you except better, I'd use them to repeat my experience with you except it would be perfected." Miracle nodded. "Make sense?"

Jaemin nodded. "Well I guess that's not an insult, I'm not a perfected redo." Jaemin smiled briefly and then rested his chin on Miracle's shoulder and sighed. "I still know it hurts though, just because it was based on what you wanted from Brad and that Kevin was just simply a convenient and better replacement, it doesn't make your feelings fake or your pain any less...painful."

Miracle stared off into space and was quiet for a moment. "Yeah...well now there is something else that I want ... action."

"Action?" Jaemin lifted his head. "I'm confused."

"I've worn the victim status on my sleeve for most of my life." He looked over at Jaemin. "Lets just say Melanie and Skylar inspired me to...grow above that." Miracle stood up and walked towards the door.

Jaemin looked concerned and quickly stood up. "Wait...Miracle, what are you talking about doing?"

Miracle turned around. "Being proactive."

"That's crazy, for one, you can't fight, you don't have any skills in weaponry, Hunter and I are really the only two fighters in the group. Melanie an inspiration? She's lucky Eric didn't kill her the night you were kidnapped. If she didn't have that syringe on her, he would have. And Skylar? She was practically eye to eye with me, it took Hunter being there to save Jasmine, thank god he was."

Miracle stared at Jaemin. "I need people to support my confidence, not hammer it down." He turned around and pushed the door open walking outside.

Jaemin followed after Miracle. "That is not what I am trying to do, I am just trying to protect you."

Miracle spun around. "What? Like a knight in shining armor? You told me yourself, fairytales don't exist and besides, I don't even think I would have been in danger that night if Eric didn't know Jasmine and Sarah were there. I went into his room willingly, we slept together, willingly. He just didn't want me to escape with your envelope and he knew that was what I might try to do because he knew Sarah and Jasmine were still there, waiting."

"I told you they could with me." Jaemin shook his head. "Miracle, look, I know, you probably feel beaten and buried and...tired and stressed."

"No, Jaemin, I feel weak." Miracle shook his head. "I feel like...I'm made to be this..." He shook his head. "It's just like Kevin said before he left...I'm an adoration to everyone. And for what? Why am I so special? What do I do for it? And you know what? Right now, it's only Kyler out there and really, I'm not scared of him. I wasn't even scared of Brad. I've never been scared of anyone. Yet everyone tells me, get back! I'll protect you!" Miracle yanked his keys out of his pocket. "I'm sick of it." He started walking towards the car.

Jaemin started to say something and then started to quickly follow him. "Okay, so whats your big plan?"

"Well, like you said, I can't fight, I don't know weaponry, so I'll just do what I do best." Miracle grinned, though it was one of frustration.

Jaemin frowned. "Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of sending Kevin away?" Jaemin steps around and towards the side of the car.

Miracle looked at Jaemin. "I don't have to fuck the guy to get what I want." Miracle jams the key into the door to unlock the car and yanks the door open, getting in and shutting it. "I'll see you at home some time." He starts the car up and begins to pull away.

"Miracle...stop..." Jaemin watches him start to drive way and waves his arms. "Miracle!" He sighs and shakes his head. "Damn it..."

Miracle ended up back home, walking into his room and he sighed, throwing the car keys onto the floor.

Jaemin quickly pushed himself up from where he had been laying on the bed. "What happened?"

"I drove...and I drove..." Miracle walked over to the bean bag chair and collapsed into it. "And I couldn't think of a single plan."

"I could have told you that." Jaemin frowned and swung his legs off the side of the bed as he fully sat up. "Someone like Kyler isn't going to fall for a seduction, he's to rigid, to...robotic."

"Yeah." Miracle frowned and looked out of the window.

"Ahh!" A scream came from the kitchen. "You son of a bitch!" Erica cried out.

Miracle looked at Jaemin and both boys ran towards the kitchen to find Erica standing there, red kool-aid and a pitcher spilled out all over the floor and a can of coke in her hand.

"Mom...what happened?" Miracle looked at her.

"I was trying to make sure the box of cokes were right side up before I opened it and the stupid fucking box hit the stupid pitcher of kool-aid and knocked it over!" Erica grabbed the pitcher and what was left inside of it was turned over and poured down the drain of the sink. "Won't spill on me anymore, bastard!" She let the pitcher drop into the sink and looked at the mess.

"Craig!" Erica screamed, running her hands through her hair.

"What?!" Craig came running towards the kitchen from the study.

"Why was your ex wife's kool-aid left in the fridge?! Look at what it done to me!" Erica waved her hands at the mess.

Craig looked at the mess. "Well...I thought you would of done something with it..."

Jaemin grinned and brought a hand up to cover his mouth, Miracle's eyes widened just a little and he watched on.

"I should of dumped it in her suit case! After she tried to trap me in the kitchen with a doggy gate! Given we were drunk..." Erica looked up. "Why did she even have a doggy gate?! There isn't even a dog here!"

Craig's eyebrows lifted. "Do...you want me to clean it? You seem like you...uh...need to relax."

"I need my nerve pills is what I need." She grabbed the pink bendy straw from the counter and popped the can of coke open and stuck the straw into it and hopped over the mess and then walked off and away into the hall.

"Miracle...you just relax too, I'll help Craig with the mess." Jaemin said and then smiled a little at Craig, feeling slightly sorry for the man and when Miracle had walked away, he laughed a little. "Now I see where Miracle gets his craziness from."

"No kidding..." Craig looked over at Jaemin. "Get towels...and wash cloths...and soap and a mop...."

Miracle knocked on the bed room door. "Mom?"

"Come in." She popped about four of her nerve pills and sipped the coke before sitting the can on the night stand. She sighed and grabbed her pack of cigarettes and pulled one out, lighting it up.

"Just wanted to see if you were okay." Miracle walked in and shut the door and sat on the bed.

"Will be in about half an hour." She sighed and tossed the pack of cigarettes his way. "Take one, if you want."

Miracle smiled and pulled out a cigarette. "Thanks." He grabbed the lighter and lit it up, taking a drag. "Finally have an awesome Mom in the house. I thought Sterling was crazy when he came up with the idea of you and Craig getting together."

Erica took a drag and shook her head. "Don't tell him this but I honestly did that for you more than anyone. I won't love anyone the way I loved your Father. Ever. I just figured...since that bitch was gone and you have a fake Dad still here, might aswell get hitched with him so you can have a semi real family." She shrugged and then grinned.

"Well I think it's new for him and that is something that he needs." Miracle smiled.

"New and improved." Erica grinned and laughed.

Miracle sat in the passenger seat of Sterling's new jeep and watched Skylar's building and sighed. "I told Jaemin I didn't have a plan but I never said I was giving up."

"So...what is your plan?" Sterling asked.

"Well..." Miracle sighed in frustration. "I still don't know yet." His eyes then suddenly widened. "Skylar's diary." He looked over at Sterling. "Maybe it has secrets in it...if it does I can just run it through a scanner and blackmail..."

"Miracle!" Sterling interrupted him. "Hasn't blackmail got you into enough trouble?"

"But it's different this time. I'll only have copies, should anything happen to me, the original will find it's way to the authorities and Eric will be in huge trouble." Miracle took out his phone and started texting Hunter.

"Do you really think she put secrets like that in there?" Sterling asked.

"Well that's why I'm asking my brother." Miracle sent off the text and looked at the building. "Look...there's Kyler. He's going into the building, I can send the message through him."

"That's dangerous! Seriously, Miracle? He stabbed Kevin just for poking him with questions. You go and threaten Eric? Who knows what he will do." Sterling frowned. "We should just leave."

"He won't do anything to me, trust me." Miracle sighed.

"You're like Lucy with a death wish." Sterling rolled his eyes.

Miracle grinned. "Hey I love that show, I love Lucy." Miracle then heard his phone chime and looked down at the returned text message from Hunter and his eyes widened. "Oh no...oh my god...oh no..."

Sterling looked over at Miracle. "What? What happened?"

"Jaemin told Brendan what he did to Brad, now Hunter, Erica and Craig knows because Brendan told his wife and...now they arrested Jaemin." Miracle looked up, shaking his head. "I don't get it, Jaemin spent the night with those people."

Sterling stared off into space, shocked. "Maybe when his wife found out...she freaked out and everything changed. You know how guys are when it comes to women. Hell you know how guys are when it comes to you..."

"Not all of them." Miracle mumbled and looked around. "Fuck! How are we going to get him out of this mess?"

Sterling started the car and drove away from where he had parked, heading for Miracle's house. "Was he already enrolled at school when Brad died? Because if not, if he was still just a homeless street walker, someone could provide an alibi for him." He looked at the road thoughtfully. "You could get Erica to do it, that would put him all the way out in Nevada."

"Yeah and when they ask my Mom why he didn't fly in the plane with her?" Miracle questioned.

"Get her to rent a car, tell them Jaemin drove her car here for her." Sterling shook his head. "I don't know!"

"The police have been to my house before, the only car that has ever been there is Craig's lexus." Miracle looked around. "Well then he had to buy Hunter a car so that he could drive to college."

Sterling's eyes widened. "I got it! Jaemin drove her car, it was a piece of shit and broke down in...some state close to here and Craig and Erica went to go get him and they just sold it for scrap metal and didn't pay attention to the place and don't remember the name of it."

"If that's the excuse you're going to throw at them, throw Craig out of the equation then, he's FBI, he would not overlook a detail like that, he would tell the lie for Jaemin but I doubt the authorities would buy that from him." Miracle ran a hand over his forehead. "And I doubt that would work, unless you could make up a fake receipt..."

"That's perfect!" Sterling blurted out. "I could make a fake receipt!"

"Yeah and then when they try to trace the fake car to my Mom and find out the fake car doesn't exist? You know what, that whole idea was trash from the start." Miracle sighed, stressed out. "Sorry, Sterling. It was a good try but we have to think like the cops."

"The idea can still work, we just have to explain away why he didn't take the plane with her." Sterling said.

"Can ya forge a plane ticket? You said you can make a fake receipt." Miracle asked.

"Yeah but then what happens when the cops check with the actual airplane people?" Sterling grinned. "Think like cops."

"Oh my god! This is so not funny!" Miracle stomped his foot on the floor board. "Nothing works!"

Sterling frowned. "I'm sorry, Mir." He slowly shook his head.

"I'm going to kill them..." Miracle said.

"Wait...what?" Sterling looked over at Miracle.

"They are going to say they lied...I'm going to make it happen." Miracle took in a deep breath. "Turn around." He closed his eyes. "Go back to Skylar's."

"You got a plan now." Sterling shook his head and pulled into a parking lot to turn around and then pulled back onto the road, heading back towards Skylar's.

"Call the police station, tell Jaemin to stick to the story that they are lying." Miracle took another deep breath. "Tell him I will make sure they free him."

Sterling soon pulled back up in front of Skylar's building and parked in front of it and dialed the number to the police station.

"I'll be back." Miracle opened the door and got out, shutting it and then he ran off and into the building.

Sterling watched him run off and then looked up when an officer answered. "I need to speak to Jaemin please, the guy that was just brought in?" He then waited while he was transferred to the interrogation room that Jaemin was being kept in.

Jaemin sighed, looking around and then heard the phone on the table ring and picked it up. "Hello?"

Sterling looked around. "Brad's parents are lying. I know they are lying about what they said. They are lying Jaemin."

Jaemin's eyebrows lifted. "I haven't said a word." He paused, knowing Sterling was delivering a message in code. "I know they are lying. I can't believe it, he just hates that I'm his son, someone like me."

"Yeah...well, just wait. Hopefully the truth will come out. Just wait it out, they are lying." Sterling then hung up.

Brian walked into the living room and shook his head. "I swear, what am I running? A half way house?"

"Oh shut up, it's not like you're paying for it all?" Jasmine rolled her eyes and looked at Cody. "Your move." She said from her place on the couch beside her Dad and looked down at the monopoly board.

"Surprised she hasn't just robbed the bank." Miguel grinned. "When she was a little girl, she would just grab the money from the bank and run to her room.

"Daddy! Enough little girl stories!" Jasmine nudged him with her shoulder.

Cody grinned. "At least you guys got to play monopoly, normally anyway." He rolled his eyes. "My Dad threw away the money and replaced it with bible verses on pieces of paper and we were supposed to desire the most precious of the verses."

"Super lame." Brian walked over and sat on the floor on the opposite side of the coffee table where the other three were on the couch. "Is it to late for me to join in?" Brian lit up a cigarette and took a drag.

"No." Jasmine said and picked out a new piece and put it on the GO mark and then handed some fake money to Brian. "There ya go." She smiled and then looked at Cody. "And he's right, super lame."

"That's my Dad." Cody sighed.

"Any word on your Mom?" Miguel asked.

"Not a thing. I know Eric has her, probably going to do the same thing to her that he did to Kyler. She'll probably be our next enemy after we defeat Kyler, like a video game." Cody shrugged.

"Hey, what kind of video games did he let you play?" Jasmine grinned as she rolled the dice.

"Super Mario. Any kind of cheesey eighties arcade game, Pac-Man, you know, stuff like that." Cody said as he watched Jasmine move her piece.

"No fantasy RPG's? They aren't like shooters or survival horrors, they are magical." Brian said as he watched Miguel take his turn.

"He still said it was battle. Though he let me play sims, speaking of recent games. Though he did say it was a rule that I had to marry my sims before they had sex." Cody said.

Jasmine nearly spit out the soda she was drinking. She forced it down and then started laughing. "How would he know?"

"Well he checked regularly. If he saw I had a sim pregnant, he would check if she was married or not. He checked daily." Cody admitted.

"It was that important to him?" Brian raised his eyebrows.

"Yes, sadly and pathetically." Cody frowned.

Jasmine kept laughing and fell back against the couch cushions.

Miracle found the door to Skylar's condo to be unlocked as he walked in and quietly shut the door behind him, he looked down the hall to see no lights were on but a lamp in the bed room since the door was ajar. He quietly stepped around the counter and started opening drawers until he found a kitchen knife and he hid it behind his back as he headed down the hall and pushed the bed room door open, stepping inside just as Kyler stepped out of the closet.

"The folder is gone, truth be told, I wish you guys had hid it better or rather...not trusted Skylar with it." Miracle walked closer to Kyler. "I need a favor and you're going to do it for me."

Kyler's eyes widened. "He won't be happy." He mumbled and then shook his head. "You shouldn't be here. This place has to be cleaned out and I don't know when they will come. I was only sent to retrieve the folder."

"Well I hope they do come, if you're going to be difficult, someone around here will be willing, hopefully." Miracle's finger then slipped into one of the belt loops of Kyler's jeans, pulling him closer. "I'm not afraid of you."

Kyler's eyes narrowed and he grabbed Miracle's arm and pulled it forward and around from behind his back and yanked him around and slammed him back against the wall, pulling Miracle's own arm up and forcing it up so that the knife was near his throat, Kyler then grinned. "Maybe you should be. I sure scared the fuck out of your friend. I can do more if it takes that to scare you."

Miracle grunted as he was slammed back against the wall in such a way and then looked down at the knife before his eyes gazed back into Kyler's. "Sometimes...I like it rough." He grinned. "You know, Jaemin's Dad's identity wasn't all that we found in that folder. Skylar left a momento for my brother. Her diary...the most sacred thing a girl keeps, where she puts all of her private thoughts. I wonder how many of her Daddy's little dark secrets she put in there? Secrets that...if anything happens to me...just might find their way to the cops?" Then a snapping sound was heard as he popped the button on Kyler's jeans opened. "You know, Eric would be pissed if you just killed off someone that he might find...useful."

Kyler looked down when the button of his jeans were unsnapped.

Miracle took that one opportunity to drop the knife and pushed from the wall, using his own body weight to push Kyler the short distance from the wall and back onto the bed, straddling him as they fell back onto the mattress. "Sure you don't want to reconsider violence?"

Kyler looked up as he was tackled onto the bed and he looked up at Miracle and then rolled them over until he was ontop and he tightly pinned Miracle's wrists to the bed and then quickly shook his head. "I'm sure I don't want to reconsider."

Robin sighed as she stared at her parents and then looked at Hunter who sat on the love seat beside her. "Guys...could we visit in private? It's not like we're in my bed room. I'm already pregnant, unfortunately, it was forced upon me, I don't know who the Dad is, Hunter just had the biggest heartbreak of his life, he's not interested in doing anything with me and really, it's disturbing to be watched like ants in an ant farm."

Robin's parents watched them, they really didn't look happy but they wore those horrible looks on their faces ever since they found out Robin was pregnant. Her Mom stood up from the couch and headed into the kitchen and her Dad went off down the hall to get some work down on the laptop in the bedroom.

"Sorry." Robin sighed.

"Don't apologize. It's good to have parents that care." Hunter smiled and looked at Robin.

"So why are you here?" She asked.

"Well...I figure, everyone else is tied up, us outcasts might as well hang out together. Why not?" Hunter smiled.

"Thanks. It would have been a lonely...well a lonely time without you." Robin looked away and her eyes started to tear up. "Ignore it...hormones."

"Is it really hormones?" Hunter leaned forward and clasped his hands.

"Maybe a little. It's just that...there has been so much loss." Robin wiped at her face. "I'm tired of loss."

"I can understand that. It's really sad. Melanie dies, Sarah dies...Kevin takes off..." Hunter frowned. "It's why I'm getting more involved. I want to try to help fill some of those gaps. I know I can't replace any of them but if it keeps the group from getting smaller..."

Robin smiled and nodded. "I really appreciate that and it does help, you don't know how much. If the group was getting smaller, it would be much more sad."

"What about that Robert guy that you met at the bar?" Hunter asked.

Robin laughed. "I can't do that, then we would have way to many guys and the girls would be out numbered. As it stands there is only me and Jasmine."

Hunter nodded. "Yeah...you got a point." He laughed a little.

Robin looked around awkwardly.

"So now that you are freeing yourself from religion, what do you plan to do?" Hunter asked, curiously.

"Well I didn't say I was freeing myself from it, just that I was opening my mind." Robin put her elbow on top of the couch and propped her head up with her hand. "I do feel a little directionless though. I mean without being like I was, I really don't know what to do."

Hunter nodded. "You have to create a non judgemental personality."

"Yeah...and I don't know how to do that. I want to be someone that a guy would like but I don't think I would ever be like Melanie or Sarah or even Jasmine for that matter." Robin looked down. "I feel like I'm plain and boring."

"You could try christian mingle." Hunter grinned and laughed a little, leaning back against the couch.

"I don't even think that would work." Robin laughed. "I think it's that bad."

"You will figure it out...and if need be, I'll help you." He shrugged. "I'm a guy, a decent guy, so I know what a decent guy would like. And one of those things is for you to not completely change who you are just for the sake of a guy to like you."

"Thanks." Robin smiled.

Sterling kept checking his phone and then sighed, anxious about what was going on up there in Skylar's condo. If it were any other guy he would not be worried about what Miracle was doing with them but with Kyler, it was just way to questionable. Finally he got out of the car and headed into the building, making his way to the elevator and he went up to Skylar's floor and made way to her apartment, the front door to which was ajar and even from there he could hear the noises of grunts, groans, moans, even screams and cries. He looked confused, trying to differentiate if the sounds were that of sex or just violence, if Miracle was having a ton of fun or if he was just in danger.

Sterling looked in the kitchen and saw the drawer of knives left open and looked concerned and quickly but quietly made his way down the hall to the bed room only to find Miracle laying on his stomach, Kyler pinning his wrists tightly to the bed, fucking the hell out of him. Sterling then sighed and rolled his eyes but then he couldn't help but to watch, leaning his shoulder against the door frame.

Miracle gripped the sheets tightly and then when one of his wrists were released, he reached down to grab the skirt of the bed and yanked up on it as he felt Kyler pound him as hard as he could, his eyes then opened and he saw Sterling and his eyes widened for only a moment before the pounding hit him again and his eyes shut tightly. He then felt his short cropped hair being grabbed as Kyler managed to, barely and his head was yanked up. That was when Sterling saw Kyler reach back and grab a knife and it was brought forward and around to Miracle's throat.

That was insane! Kyler was going to kill Miracle in the middle of it?! Or rather towards the end as Kyler reached his final stage of bliss, a loud groan escaped his lips as he leaned down, pressing a kiss to the side of Miracle's neck, grinding down into him as he released. It was as that point that Kyler accidently slipped and Miracle felt the coldness of the knife, his eyes shot open and by that time Sterling was flying over the bed, tackling Kyler off of him and off the other side of the bed, onto the floor, the knife did cut Miracle's throat enough to draw blood.

Miracle twisted around, a look of horror on his face, thinking about just how close he came to death. "Sterling! Lets go!" Miracle crawled off the bed and grabbed Kyler's jeans, stealing his cell phone out of it, hoping Eric's phone number would be in it. He started to gather his own clothes.

Sterling and Kyler rolled around, throwing punches at each other as Kyler tried to regain the knife from where it had flew out of his hand but Sterling climbed ontop of him and tried to pin him down, grasping his head and slamming it down on the floor.

The room suddenly went dark and Miracle came around the bed and Sterling dived out of the way as Miracle bashed the lamp over Kyler's head, knocking him out.

"Yeah, really good plan, Miracle." Sterling stood up and threw Miracle's clothes at him.

"Hey!" Miracle threw his arms up as his clothes hit him and fell to the floor. "I got the phone, didn't I?!" He looked down at Kyler and then fell down to sit on the bed, his eyes widened. "Still...that...was unsettling."

"You see how dangerous your games are, Miracle?! Your blackmail got you raped and beaten! This nearly got you killed! When are you going to stop?!" Sterling sat beside him and grabbed Miracle by the shoulders and turned him to face him directly. "Huh?! When are you going to stop?! What's your next plan? Go after Eric again?! And what? Get kidnapped again?"

Miracle looked at Sterling. "I have to make them go and say they lied about Jaemin." Tears ran down Miracle's face as he looked at Sterling and then he leaned forward and started shaking in Sterling's arms when he felt himself being wrapped within them.

"There's another way to do that." Sterling said.

"Yeah...how?" Miracle asked.

"Hunter." Sterling said.

"Are you serious?!" Miracle sat up. "They probably have cameras and security all over their house! Better Eric's people than my brother!" He shook his head and grabbed his clothes so that he could get dressed.

Miracle sat outside in Sterling's jeep and looked at Sterling. "Okay, here is his name." He said and then looked down at Kyler's phone and he pressed the send button and brought the phone to his ear.

"Kyler...what has taken you so long?" Eric answered, not sounding to happy.

"Because it's not Kyler, it's Miracle." He looked over at Sterling.

Eric grinned and his tone suddenly took on a pleasantness. "Oh, Miracle, what a surprise! How did this happen?"

"Well I nearly died to talk to you, let that feed your ego for a second." Miracle rolled his eyes.

Eric laughed. "I'm sorry, if I knew that, Kyler would have been beheaded. You aren't to be touched, unless it's to be brought to me."

"Well prepare for beheading because Kyler sure did a lot of touching." Miracle's eyes narrowed. "I need a favor."

Eric laughed again. "Is that how you got his phone? What did you do to him then?"

"Well then he tried to slice my throat while he was getting off...details aside, I had to smash a lamp over his head. Anyway I need a favor." Miracle persisted.

Eric frowned at the idea of Kyler having sex with Miracle. "I see." He grabbed his black and gold pen and gripped it tightly. "What makes you think I would do a favor for you? We're on different sides, aren't we?"

"Technically so..but aside from kidnapping me, no one was hurt by you, not directly. Though if it hadn't of happened, Sarah wouldn't of felt useless and probably wouldn't have died." Miracle sighed.

"I heard about that, a real shame." Eric said, his grip on the pen releasing. "So what is this...favor?"

"Well you're all like mafia and crap, right? Skylar used hit men left and right. Thing is...Brendan and his wife told the cops that Jaemin told Brendan that he killed Brad and Melanie. I need you to make them go to the cops and say they lied." Miracle paused. "Yes, we found the folder before you say anything. Why so much effort to hide his Dad and so little effort to hide his Mom?"

Eric grinned. "I have my reasons but I'll tell you a little reason. I wanted revenge on Paula. She tried to pass off that bastard as mine until I found out she was sleeping with Brendan, that's why he couldn't believe it was his. Their relationship was an affair until I found out, then she tossed me to the side."

"So what did you gain from hiding it?" Miracle asked.

"Well for one, my sims acted out just the way I knew they would. I studied each one, observed them all just right. By hiding Jaemin's true birth Father and allowing him to so easily find out about Paula, he also found out about Melanie and I found out all about her and that little inheritence through that sham of an engagement that you wrecked so wonderfully. Miracle, you belong with me, you are a natural." Eric sighed.

"So you anticipated Jaemin would kill Melanie, that was your revenge on Paula?" Miracle asked.

"Well I hoped that he would, Melanie was materialistic, hungry for money and after spending ones entire life trapped in slavery, well I really did believe he would develope a survivalist reaction towards Melanie's territorial reaction and it turned out beautifully." Eric smiled.

Miracle wanted to say some really nasty things to the man, he really did but right now he needed the man's help. "Will you please help me get Jaemin out of jail? Make them go and tell the cops they lied. It's added revenge for you, Brendan looses a son, by the hands of his long lost son and then gets forced by your hand to make sure he gets away with it."

Eric grinned. "See what I mean, Miracle? You..are...a natural. I'll do it but in exchange, and this plan will only be executed once you deliver your end of the bargain, you have to come to me, be by my side."

Miracle closed his eyes thoughtfully. "Okay...I'll do it. Tell me where to be."

"The marina, tomorrow, at noon. Until then, make sure Jaemin either keeps quiet or claims they are lying. By tomorrow night, I guarantee you, he will be free." Eric said.

"Okay, see you then." Miracle pulled the phone away and touched the screen to cut off the call. "Tell Jaemin to keep quiet. He'll be free by tomorrow night...unfortunately I think I had to sale my soul to the devil to do it."

Sterling's eyes widened. "Miracle, don't go through with it, just bluff him."

"I can't. He says I have to come to him first before he will execute his plan to make Brad's parents take back what they said. I have to go to the marina at noon tomorrow. There is no way out of it. I have to be by Eric's side first before he will do anything." Miracle frowned. "Just take me home."

Copyright © 2014 x Trevor x; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Yep, Miracle did sell his soul to the devil. There's no way he can get out of this now.

 

See, I thought it was too easy that Jaemin goes to Brandon and tells him he's his son and he confesses to killing Brad, and Brandon just goes along with it. Maybe his wife threatened him if he didn't call the cops?

 

Gotta say, thank God Sterling was there to save Miracle!

 

Oh, one thing I questioned: I really don't think if you called a police station and asked to speak with someone they just locked up, they would hand the phone to the person. lol I think the person is allowed his one phone call and that's it. But maybe I'm wrong.

Link to comment
On 01/12/2014 02:03 PM, Lisa said:
Yep, Miracle did sell his soul to the devil. There's no way he can get out of this now.

 

See, I thought it was too easy that Jaemin goes to Brandon and tells him he's his son and he confesses to killing Brad, and Brandon just goes along with it. Maybe his wife threatened him if he didn't call the cops?

 

Gotta say, thank God Sterling was there to save Miracle!

 

Oh, one thing I questioned: I really don't think if you called a police station and asked to speak with someone they just locked up, they would hand the phone to the person. lol I think the person is allowed his one phone call and that's it. But maybe I'm wrong.

It'll be interesting to see what happens to Miracle lol and how Jaemin reacts to the sacrifice. And yes it's good Sterling was there, what a creepy way to almost die!

 

As for the phone call, I think it's possible that police could leave a phone there as a tactic for extracting information. Kind of in the same way they leave a person alone in an interrogation room and just record them sitting in there, I figured they might leave a phone in there too, just to see if they could get anymore information.

 

We'll see how it goes!

Link to comment

I actually skipped to the last chapter and decided to read backward. i had a sense that, because you started the story so long ago, reading these first chapters I was more reading the writer you were, than the writer you are. There is such a difference in the style of this chapter than in the very early ones. There is a clearer focus and a deeper concentration. The story flows so much better. But even at the very beginning there is something to this story. I mean it has a real soul to it. not every story does. This is just my take on it, but from the beginning until this point these characters are asserting their reality. Many times people are just making up characters, or just putting themselves on the page and changing the names, but I feel like Miracle and his friends are distinctly real people, not just extensions of yourself you play with for amusement.

Link to comment
On 01/15/2014 12:53 PM, Chris Lewis Gibson said:
I actually skipped to the last chapter and decided to read backward. i had a sense that, because you started the story so long ago, reading these first chapters I was more reading the writer you were, than the writer you are. There is such a difference in the style of this chapter than in the very early ones. There is a clearer focus and a deeper concentration. The story flows so much better. But even at the very beginning there is something to this story. I mean it has a real soul to it. not every story does. This is just my take on it, but from the beginning until this point these characters are asserting their reality. Many times people are just making up characters, or just putting themselves on the page and changing the names, but I feel like Miracle and his friends are distinctly real people, not just extensions of yourself you play with for amusement.
I actually agree with you. Since picking the story up, I think the chapters have been better in quantity and hopefully in quality and content. So I can see why you would like these chapters much better than the earlier and older ones, I wish they had been better.

 

Unfortunately some of Miracle is me as far as his mentality traits (I have Borderline Personality Disorder) which he features to some extent but other than that, the characters are completely separate from me and I enjoy writing them and making them their own people. Now I hope seeing a taste of what is to come you can read straight forward because I hope this has made you feel that it's worth it but if you wish to continue reading it backwards, I will understand, either way I just want you and all of the other readers to enjoy it in whatever way they want or can. Anyway thank you so much for the compliments, again they are much appreciated!

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..