Have you wanted to Self-Publish, but don’t know where to start? Here’s your chance! Enter the GA 2018 Summer Novella Contest, and have a chance to win 1 ISBN, 1 month of banner advertising, a full content read, a full copy edit, cover art, and eBook formats including a smashwords ready word document. Please read all the entry and submission guidelines carefully.
Stories will be posted by Renee Stevens under an anonymous author name designated for this contest and will be attributed to their correct authors once voting has concluded.
Full guidelines can be found below, however, the timeline will be as follows:
- Entry Deadline: 2:00 PM EST – April 15th, 2018
- Voting Begins: May 1st, 2018
- Voting Ends: May 31st, 2018
- Winner Announced: June 3rd, 2018
Entry Deadline: 2:00 PM EST – April 15th, 2018
- 1 Story Per Person
- Word Count: 20,000 – 50,000 Words
- Stories must be complete
Who Can Participate
- Open to all members: You must be a GA Member, and purchase author status (it's free), so that we can attribute your story to you once the contest in concluded.
- Enjoy writing your story and editing it to the best of your ability with the help of your editing/beta team (please make sure your story is exactly as you want it posted)
- Include a summer theme
- Comply with the sites Story Content Rules
- Send your story via pm/email to Renee Stevens for posting
- Include your story description, rating, genres, and tags you’d like attributed to your story (I cannot upload the stories without these things, so please ensure you include all of them in your PM)
- Include the names of any betas/editors
- Include the number of chapters (once your story has been uploaded, Renee Stevens will compare the number of uploaded chapters with this number)
- Share your story with anyone outside your team or reveal which one is yours before, or during, the contest, or your story will be removed from the voting pool. This restriction applies to your team members as well
- Include previously used characters/settings as doing so could reveal the author of the story
- Post your story directly into GA Stories
- Please check your spacing! - Do a search for ^p^p and replace with ^p. After the find/replace, select all and go to paragraph formatting. Your line spacing should be single, and your after spacing should be "auto"
- Do not indent - Whether it is by tabs or you have it set for a first line indent, please remove all indentation.
- Use Size 12 Times New Roman Font: If you do not write using Times New Roman font, prior to sending your story to Renee, change your font to Times New Roman and set the size to 12.
- Chapter Separation – Please ensure each chapter is separated by a page break to ensure they are easily found
If the formatting is not correct, the story will be returned to the author to be fixed prior to uploading.
How to Submit
If you are unable to send a word doc, please PM Renee Stevens prior to submitting
- By email: Email your entry as a word doc to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 2018 Summer Novella Contest Entry.
- By PM: PM your entry, attached as a word doc, to Renee Stevens with the subject 2018 Summer Novella Contest Entry.
Important Note from Renee: Please submit your absolute best work to the story contest. As I run all aspects of this event, on top of my regular site work, it's a lot of work, especially as each story will be a multi-chapter novella. Making edits and changes afterward for multiple authors after I've already posted all the stories for each event is taking more and more time I don't really have. So, please, proof your work several times, use a beta/editing team, and make sure what you send to me is your final version. Thank you!
- ISBN - Provided by Myr
- 1 month of banner advertising – Provided by Myr
- 1 content edit – Provided by Renee Stevens
- 1 copy edit – Provided by Cia
- 1 cover art – Provided by Mann Ramblings
- eBook Formats – Provided by Renee Stevens
If you have any questions or concerns, please PM Renee Stevens.
Voting instructions will be given when the voting commences.