Featured Blog Posts
By Renee Stevens in Gay Authors News 8We hate making these types of blog posts as we generally do not share moderation issues with the site membership. There are very few exceptions to this rule, and plagiarism is one of them. Plagiarism comes in many forms, and to make our position perfectly clear:
STEALING OTHER PEOPLES WORK WILL NOT BE TOLERATED ON GAY AUTHORS!!
Posting plagiarized content on GA is an immediate banning offense. Generally, when plagiarism strikes GA, it involves stories, but not always. In this case, the now banned member posted stolen song covers and claimed them as their own work. A member of site staff found the (copyrighted) originals entirely by accident and recognized them as being identical to those posted on site. All the original song covers were done by the same person, who was NOT the person on site that was posting them and claiming them as their own.
While this instance was not plagiarized stories, we urge authors on site to be pro-active when it comes to plagiarism. Cia has provided some great tips in how to protect yourself and your work.
How to check your stories for plagiarism:
1. Pick a distinctive phrase such as: Nyle looked up nervously as he rode under the portcullis.
2. Search the phrase within quotation marks "Nyle looked up nervously as he rode under the portcullis.".
3. Repeat search with a distinctive phrase without names: "The austere chapel and rigorous training had been a sharp contrast to his youth".
Tips: Search on both Bing and Google. Search phrases from the first chapter and later chapters. DO THIS OFTEN.
How do I get the story removed if I find one that's been stolen?
How to report plagiarism:
1. Look for a report button or a contact us link.
2. Copy the story link to the stolen story.
3. Share the stolen story title, author name, and links to your original. Haven't posted online? Keep copies of all sent mail to beta readers/fans with advanced reader copies of your work to prove when the content was written and sent. Offer to provide a forwarded copy of said email. If you really want to protect your work, purchase an official copyright, especially if you might publish later.
4. Follow up. Most sites will work with you to remove the content. Sometimes you have to take it further to the ISP.
If you suspect a story or other content on site has been stolen, please report it! This not only protects the site, but protects the authors, and the original artists.
Recent Gallery Images
Please join the Author Promotion Team in congratulating Parker Owens as GA's newest promoted author!
Parker has been a member of GA for two and a half years and during that time, he has written thirteen stories to share with the members here at GA and has written over 1,300 reviews! His latest story A Fall Observation is at just over 11,500 words.
If you want to read more from Parker, you can visit his author page (and check out his new banner while you're there).
Please join us in congratulating Parker on his well deserved promotion.
Promoted ByRenee Stevens,
It's that time of the week again! In case you missed any of what's been going on this week, never fear, because we'll take a quick peek at everything that we looked at from Monday on. Are you worried you might have missed a story update from one of your favorite authors? We'll help you out there too with the story updates from all of GA's promoted authors.
Happy Sunday, y'all! I hope you all have had a great week. Just a quick reminder that there's only about 2 1/2 weeks left until the Halloween Contest deadline, so make sure to get your stories in by the 15th of September.
Who's Online 91 Members, 12 Anonymous, 223 Guests (See full list)
- Poet: BlindAmbition
- Author: W_L
- Editor: Sweetlion
- mister will
- Author: Mikiesboy
- Author: Drew Espinosa
- Mod: sandrewn
- Author: JayT
- Editor: Nancer
- Author: C. When
- Author: 1brokNangel
- Author: Defiance19
- Author: MacGreg
- Author: Ronyx
- Author: LillyLee
- Author: DynoReads
- Hermetically Sealed
- Ken Tan
- Author: Mikeymike88
- Author: Cynus
- Author: Cris Kane
- Author: Ron