Too long?

Do you guys think 2 wees is too long to leave a certain topic up? Or is one week enough? I was wondering if leaving a topic up for longer would get more replies, but it seems all replies happen in the first few days. I'll try weekly topics again to see. But if you have any comments on the idea, let me know. K?

ps- "GFD" (the last part of the chapter) is going to have two different versions. That's what is taking so long. One is an abridged version for folks wanting to "get to the point" already, that's all. The other version will be full of all the detail and bonus extras that I wanted to put into the story originally. Kewl? It will be up as soon as possible. The entire re-edited chapter should be posted soon, and "My Only Escape" and "A Class By Himself 9: Remixed" will be right behind it. I've also decided to post "Untouchable on the regular site and on Nifty. I've only got ten months left...what could they do to me? Hehehe!

Seezya

Comsie it seems once again your *demanding* fans have managed to insist that you give up more of your time for them. I don't feel that these people have the right to demand that you change *your* story to suit them. It's bad enough that you'll be leaving out two of your characters to complete GFD by June 19, but to *pressure* you to make futher alterations is unconscionable. I'm disappointed in *us* for doing so. Comsie if I had a right to make my own suggestion it would be this; just write what's in your heart. That is the story we all love anyway. If a *few* people want a story to move faster... well there's a scroll button to the right, USE IT!

Well I'm off topic, one or two weeks... Hm... I guess the guestion is how fast do you think up the questions? If in the first few days you get all the replies that are going to come in, and you have more to ask then a week seems to be good to me.

I guess for the first time since I found The Shace and your Stories, I really begin to understand your need to leave and get on with finding your *own* happiness. Just wish I found you six years ago.

Again off topic; whatever... Just go out and have some fun.

Damn gonna be late for work! Gotta go. Bye.

Comsie it seems once again your *demanding* fans have managed to insist that you give up more of your time for them. I don't feel that these people have the right to demand that you change *your* story to suit them. It's bad enough that you'll be leaving out two of your characters to complete GFD by June 19, but to *pressure* you to make futher alterations is unconscionable. I'm disappointed in *us* for doing so. Comsie if I had a right to make my own suggestion it would be this; just write what's in your heart. That is the story we all love anyway. If a *few* people want a story to move faster... well there's a scroll button to the right, USE IT!

Nicely said WoodCarver. And as for the topic time if I'm gonna put my two cents in on anything, it usually happens within the first few days after the topic is up so I don't really care either way.

a week maybe 2 but longer in the summer time do to some people out of town.

wow only 10 months left whos going to gives us the great storys you do sure there are great writers here but you man your prob. the best i know i will miss your storys just wish there was a way to have all of you works on disk so they could be read why after the site is down.

Hey Com,

I'm still kinda new to Comicality.Earlier I tried to reply and somehow I managed to send your orginal post.Maybe this time I got it figured it out.

I haven't been here long enough to know if 1 or 2 weeks is better.

I have posted some poems in the Library,but I get the feeling it's not the right place.What do you suggest,I really want to post them somewhere within the Comicality site.Is the Shack one area only or is the whole site The Shack.

Just trying to learn my way around.

Thanks for your insight.It amazes me how you know exactly what I feel.Everything from who do I come out to,what is school gonna be like this year,will I get zits,none so far, :2thumbs: do I look ok,when will I find a b/f.I have met a boy at the GLTB Center who I like.He doesn't know it yet.Will I ever get the courage to tell him,yeah I will cause I know what to say from reading your stories.

That's what so awesome about you.Nearly everything I have questions about I find good advice to nudge me along in the right direction in your stories.

We have a Shack Hour at the Center on Saturdays to talk about your stories. YOU ARE WAY :great: DUDE!!!

Billy

• Site Administrator

I like what Woodcarver had to say and I'll resist the fancy quoting system.

As a writer, though not nearly as prolific as you Coms (yet), I strongly recommend you give us your vision. As I explained to you privately, I really liked Magic Man, which wasn't well recieved by some of your whining critics. Might I kindly suggest that you tell them to accept what you write and be happy with it?

As for length, tell the story you want to tell in however many words it takes you to say what you want to say.

As for how long a topic stays up, keep it up as long as you think it deserves discussion :)

I'd also like to add, as your webmaster, I don't think people give you nearly as much credit as you deserve for the hardwork you do. That's both writing and other stuff. I certainly look forward to receiving things from you, and as always, I promise a quick turnaround to get them on your site. :)

I like what Woodcarver had to say and I'll resist the fancy quoting system. 

As a writer, though not nearly as prolific as you Coms (yet), I strongly recommend you give us your vision.  As I explained to you privately, I really liked Magic Man, which wasn't well recieved by some of your whining critics.  Might I kindly suggest that you tell them to accept what you write and be happy with it?

As for length, tell the story you want to tell in however many words it takes you to say what you want to say.

As for how long a topic stays up, keep it up as long as you think it deserves discussion :)

I'd also like to add, as your webmaster, I don't think people give you nearly as much credit as you deserve for the hardwork you do.  That's both writing and other stuff.  I certainly look forward to receiving things from you, and as always, I promise a quick turnaround to get them on your site. :)

((Hugz)) To all you guys, really. I appreciate the support for what I write, and don't worry...I may have to cut the series down quite a bit in order to finish it in time...but it WILL be done my way. You have my word on that. I guess this is just an 'experiment' of sorts, you know? I take my feedback seriously and try to understand how other people might see the story. I make mistakes all the time, but can't see them because I'm looking at it from the inside. I already know how the story ends, and what's going to happen, and why certain things are addressed and why they're left open for a while. So I understand the story on a different level than people just reading it for the first time. I guess I just want it to be the best story it can be.

I get really sensitive about my own stuff, and sometimes frustrated, and sometimes burn out entirely if I think no one is listening (Which happened with "Magic Man" long ago, but I'm still working hard on the second chapter, and it will be MUCH better!). But nobody demanded this of me. Honestly. I decided to do it myself, if for no other reason than to see what the difference would be between what I think I want to say and what I think they need to hear. I don't plan to sell out and cater to any particulr audience, but it's my goal to entertain, and I wanna do it right. That's all. I really wish it wasn't taking so long though. I'm TIRED of working on "GFD" already! Hahaha! It's been like my whole damn summer almost! I'v got a FLOOD of new chapters and brand new stories that I want to finish writing and put out there! "Envy's Game", "Hidden From Sight", "Why Him?", "Freak", "Baby Doll", and more! This just seems to be taking forever! Grrr!

Now a TRUE insult would be to get no feedack at all. I'd drop a story in a heartbeat if THAT happened! So when it's all said and done, you all better speak up! :P

Gotta run, but I'll see you later!

ps- Heya Billy! ((Hugz)) to you too! Thanks. I'm not sure what problems you're having with the Library, but send me an email and we'll try to work out what you're trying to do. K? There's a specific board for poetry and stories, and we're always looking for new material. So definitely drop by and give it a look.

Oh yeah....

1- Don't worry Ethan, Myr and I agreed that he site would stay up long after I'm gone. For as long as Myr wants to keep it. The stories will always be there for anyone who wants to read them. Somebody might try to sell them on cd or put them on a pay site or something later on....but why bother? I'm giving 'em all away for free! Hehehe!

2- Um....did you say there's a SHACK DAY at your center??? Hehehe! ::Blushes:: COOL!!! I wish I could have read about two boys having sex when I was in school! Seriously though, the fact that the questions you have and the connection you have found in the stories...it's one of the main reasons I want to leave the site up after I'm gone. Hopefully it'll do some good. You know?

3- I take a few blows here and there, Myr (Not the 'good' ones, the other kind! Hehehe!), but as far as feeling underappreciated? Nah. Even though I feel bad from time to time, when I look at the big picture...I've got more love than I ever could have asked for. If anything I should be grateful. Just seeing you guys post your comments here is cool enough to keep me smiling all day long. :)

Too long? No. People have different schedule or hibernation periods. New people like me may want to catch up too. And as with reading your stories, I like to be swept away and not demand too much. Is that a fetish? hehe.

Now about that Shack Day ... I think they said something like a regular Shack HOUR. I'm pretty sure they do other interesting things for the rest of the day at the youth center; like play with their balls and shoot (no, no, not that kind hehe).

• 2 months later...

Well, here will be my first post.

I think you can leave a topic open. I myself run some forums, and unless there breaking rules (going off-topic or anything), I just leave the thread open for anybody to read and reply to.

On another note, don't let anyone stress you out. You are a incredible writer, and write at your own pace. You probaly don't think so, but you actually write pretty quick. Even though I am tempted to ask when the next chapters will come out, I won't even ask. Us asking doesn't speed it up and can only slow it down.

Last but not least. I think you should open this forum up a little more. I mean your voyuser forum is great and all, but Invision has always provided top notch forums. It could also create a more community like forum as happens on many other forums. People could activly speculate on your stories (you don't even need to give anything away in them, but specullating is also fun, even if it is just to see if what you thought really happend :D )

- ClosetReader

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..