"Gone From Daylight: Pride And Prophecy"

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah! Alec is a better suspect. He's fourteen years old (according to Taryn), a red head (since Taryn is a red head, or brown), and has a lot of possible anger to fuel him (assuming his father abused him). He's probably attacking vampires to draw Taryn out as he probably blames his brother for abandoning him.

I would like to know the other vampires' extra. So far a lot of the characters hadn't still revealed theirs.

Can't Justin copy the beast's extra? Y'know, the dreams. I think it would be swell if he could copy that, or Com's ability to cast himself in shadows and disappear at will. Hehe (wishful thinking). Anyway, I like the beast's extra. If Justin could only use that to show Taryn a sunrise... :wacko:

Nice Story Com! :2thumbs: Can't wait for the next installment. When will it be? This should be made into a movie! :worship:

You're my favorite author of all time! And GoF is just the best gay story I've ever read! :great:

Hehe yeah the shadow thing is cool, but I think its kind of the unique thing his character has. I'm pretty sure the beast isnt a vampire though..so I don't think that dream thing is an extra :S

If Rage is Alec, then I don't think he's looking for Taryn. How would he even know Taryn was turned and didn't really run away? Hmm, I guess he DID meet Trevor in the Taryn's Song series, so maybe he remembers that and guessed what happened to Taryn? I dunno, but it seems weird that he would kill people as a way to find his brother :|

I'd say Alec is the best candidate for Rage, although someone said the red hair was dyed :S But all we can do is wait and find out. I don't think we will even know till Chapter Eleven or Twelve :(

If it's confirmed it's not Ritchie, Then my second guess wouldn't be Alec. It would be the guy Justin got beat up by before he was turned, the one Trevor tracked down for Justin to feed on. Then again, My sense of literary irony could be completely off :P

I have a feeling that Justin's gonna be a hell lot stronger after meeting (or not meeting) Richie. Com did say that Justin's power was being subdued and pushed down because of his past, then spilled out in humongous proportion when he's distressed. He doesn't have the control over his powers (which is based upon his emotions) because there are still a lot of loose ends in his past. I'm thinking that he'll finally be able to properly wield his powers once he's reconciled with his past.

...Is it obvious that I really can't wait for the next chapters? Sigh......

I think he was refering to how Justin was at the Hospital to see Richie at the end of "Pride and Prophecy". My bet is that he's already dead. It's been months since Justin turned, right? I'm pretty sure it says he may only have a few weeks left in the first chapter...

Naa Comicality has never really shown up when Justin is in trouble, or he would have stopped him from doing all that stupid stuff. I bet it'll be somneone from the lot who finds him, maybe Taryn because he knows Justin the best... But Comsie has always surprised us with his plot twists, so I'm pretty sure thats not whats gonna happen :P

Richie may already be dead, but I doubt it. I remember one of Justin's dreams when he found Richie sitting on a grass (?) abd said "Storm's coming, my time is almost up" or something on the same line.

I think he would find Richie still alive but barely, then die with Justin on his side. I suspect Justin will also try to see his mom, but not to talk to her, probably just to see how she's doing.

I can't wait for the time when Bryson and Doc will finally know of justin's extra. That would be an awesome scene.

:great:

I've been rereading GoF yesterday, for like the third time (hint! hint! :whistle: ) and saw some things that really confused me. These concerned mostly the timeline of the story. Here's one:

Tiana said that Zero was just slightly older than her at 106 (?) years old. But then Zero was alive at the time of the last mimic which was 600 years ago. Uhm...? Can anyone shed a light on this?

Then there's also the order of the crossover of some of the characters. I don't know who came in first. Perhaps Comsie made a mistake on this one.

Waaa. I'm just being paranoid on this story. Don't mind me. You guys don't have to reply to this. :snork:

I've been rereading GoF yesterday, for like the third time (hint! hint! :whistle: ) and saw some things that really confused me. These concerned mostly the timeline of the story. Here's one:

Tiana said that Zero was just slightly older than her at 106 (?) years old. But then Zero was alive at the time of the last mimic which was 600 years ago. Uhm...? Can anyone shed a light on this?

Tiana could be mistaken (Gasp) :P

I was listening to Evanescence's song (you know, the OST in Daredevil) and it kinda reminded me of GFD. I dunno... sometimes, even the littlest things made me recall GFD. Must be because of anticipation or something. Com replied to my e-mail a few weeks ago and said that the next chapter would be in a week or two... sigh.

Well the Two Week Preview of GFD Chap Ten was the prize for the last writing contest. The other prizes were all one week previews. I think Com sent out the prizes a couple weeks ago, or atleast he said he was about to and he hasn't said anything about them since, so I think he did :P

Anyways, if the prizes go as planned, then GFD wont come out for over a week, seing as how the one week preview stories havent come out yet. On the other hand, if Com sent out the prizes a while ago like I thought he did, then the winners might be getting more than the one week preview, and he might release GFD with the other prizes..

I'm just rambling now ... I'm as excited about the next chap as you are, and it's been delayed for a long time, but every good thing gets delayed, right? Or atleast, most computer games do..

I think it said Zero is 120-130 years old, and he abosorbed the mind of the last person who knew the Mimic, or atleast the true story about it.

That's how I read it. The 'mind' of the mimic contained so much information - and so many extras and thoughts I'm assuming - that he/she dispersed into several readers, each of whom spread their minds out over several other readers. I think that Zero is the last of the readers with the remnants of the mimic's mind.

And I'm assuming that Bryson hates readers because his girlfriend (whose name I can't remember - and who I'm assuming is dead) was somehow affected and taken from him by a reader, perhaps the other member of the lot who 'learned too many extras, too quickly'.

My guess for Rage is the member of the lot who left after learning all of the extras that he could there. That hints at another reader - one like Zero who is a strong enough reader to be close to a mimic.

Well, those are my thoughts anyway.

I didn't see that anywhere .... and I don't think the mimic himself was absorbed into zero, it was the last person who knew the true story ABOUT the mimic. And I didn't see anything about multiple readers..just zero and the one person he absorbed.

And a reader doesn't have to be 'strong' to be close to anyone, the way I read it is that Zero has just lost control of his extra, and it absorbs everything. Making him the most powerful reader around, someone who can absorb an entire mind, but still the most out of control.

Edited by GoThica
I didn't see that anywhere .... and I don't think the mimic himself was absorbed into zero, it was the last person who knew the true story ABOUT the mimic.  And I didn't see anything about multiple readers..just zero and the one person he absorbed.

Perhaps I was just mistaken with the Mimic/Zero scenario. I can't find the section that describes Zero's knowledge on the subject.

I'm not that great with words I think. You didn't really catch the point I was trying to make so I'll try and clarify myself.

And a reader doesn't have to be 'strong' to be close to anyone, the way I read it is that Zero has just lost control of his extra, and it absorbs everything.  Making him the most powerful reader around, someone who can absorb an entire mind, but still the most out of control.

My point wasn't about distance or anything. It was that Zero was a strong enough reader that he could absorb the mind of another individual totally - he could take them into himself and contain them. Perhaps even their extras, though that's never been made clear. In this respect he was the closest living creature to a Mimic - his Reader ability made almost Mimic like in some respects - as Com himself makes explicit:

"I was the closest thing to a Mimic that existed in our world...until you came along. Mine is merely a mind reading capability, taken to a higher level."

I was theorising that one of the ex-members of the lot mentioned as absorbing extras at an alarming rate and then leaving could possibly be a Reader in a similiar position and perhaps may be Rage. This Reader could even be convincing himself that he is a Mimic and usher of the Dawn.

That's just a random theory that popped into my head so I'm not entirely sure how much validatey (spelling?) there is behind it.

I'm not entirely sure that Zero has lost control of his extra in a sense. True, he can no longer switch it 'on' or 'off' but I think this is more to do with 'over-exercise' if the term can be used. He's honed his abilites to such a degree over his considerable lifetime that they have outstripped him. He pushed the boundaries and outskirts of his mind to such a degree that they have collapsed. He has become the purest Reader. To use a bad similie, a Reader is a sponge and the best sponges don't chose when they do or do not absorb water.

Obviously, this is just opinon on the subject :)

Uhm, I don't think that Dennis could be Rage. Dennis is way too old to be Rage, whose distinguishing feature is being a newblood, according to the live witnesses and survivors at the sanctuary (that's why Justin was a prime suspect, because he's a newblood with extraordinary powers). Nor do I think Rage as a 'reader' because I think to be a reader, one must possess a deep desire to understand others or protect themselves from others. Rage, I think, is neither. The way he attacks people hints psychological wounds and insanity. And he is more on the offensive/aggressive/impulsive side to develop a defensive method to protect himself mentally through a 'reading' ability.

I think Rage's extra would be more on the Maximum Fighting Ability than Mental powers. Its more fitting for him. B)

Just questions: Do you think the Kid's extra could be used as a protection against Readers? If so, then if Justin could copy it, then he would be totally immune to Zero, Divinity James, Tim, and possibly even the Beast, right?

How about Bryson's extra, the Healing thing? Could Justin use it then just dump the emotional burden it converted with his mind blast skill? Because if so, then with that extra Justin could practically be invincible.

Another one. Could Justin be telekinetic? Could his mind blast extra be controlled in a way that it could levitate objects instead of destroying them? I remember a scene when he fought the raiders wherein he summoned the sword one of the raiders were using. Could it be a subtle manifestation of his extra?

:read:

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..