New "Library" contest!

(These are the contest guidelines, as posted on the Comicality Library)

Last week some time, (over two weeks, actually, in Topic #25) I asked what you guys thought about having another writing contest on the "Library", since it had been so very long. Well, from the response on the board and in my emails, it sounds like everybody is definitely up for it! SO...since this is the first official Monday of October, I say let the games begin! :)

This time around, you guys have a specific 'concept' to write about. You can add whatever special twists to it that you would like. The only boundary is the story theme itself. You can manipulate the characters, dialogue, setting, time frame, and events any way that you'd like! Simple, right?

Here's the theme....

*~*~You are challenged to write a story about two boys who spark an interest in one another...while already committed to someone else.~*~*

What does that premise include? Well that's up to you. Maybe the boys are unhappy where they are. Maybe one is in a loveless relationship. Maybe they're dating 'girls' in order to hide and not appear gay. Maybe they're both dating the SAME guy. Or dating different guys, but relate to each other on a level that the others can't touch. There are literally hundreds of different combinations that you can put together in your mind to make this work! Think about the characters, think about the plot, think about the emotions involved as well. Is there anger? Jealousy? Cheating and sneaking around? Guilt? Joy? Was the first relationship worth saving in the first place? Go wild!

You can begin any way you want, you can end any way you want! All you have to do is stick to that major theme, and you've got a chance to win! Just do your best, all entries are welcome, and will be voted on once the deadline has been reached! (How about this...you've got until midnight on Halloween night!) The story with the most votes will win the Grand Prize!

A *TWO WEEK EXCLUSIVE* to the story

"SAVAGE MOON: DESCENT"

That's right, YOU can win a chance to read the entire third chapter of the Shack's newest sci-fi thriller from beginning to end TWO WEEKS before anyone else on the PLANET (Except for ME of course)! That's like...half a MONTH for crying outloud! Hehehe! I'll mail it to your inbox personally! :)

Also, lets not forget the two runners up! For the stories that come in 2nd and 3rd place in the contest, you will be getting a special *ONE WEEK MYSTERY EXCLUSIVE* of your own! Which story is it? Let's just say that you'll be glad you've gotten a hold of it before everybody else!

So, what are ya waiting for??? You've only got a month, so get cracking! Get your wheels spinning, and cross train those typing fingers! All of you authors, all of you readers...now is not the time to doubt yourselves! Take a chance! You never know...the winner might be YOU! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well {BM} There are NEW INSTRUCTIONS here for posting your story.

INSTRUCTIONS:

1) Print out your story, using the finest print size available (1 point is prefered).

2) For Security purposes run it through a crosscut shreader exactly 32 times.

3) Place it in a blender with exactly 16 ounces of water, run on high for 8 hours.

4) Pour the story on a cookie sheet and dry in a blast furnace for two days.

5) Scrape story from cookie sheet and put it in an envelope.

6) Address envelope to Santa Claus (Comicality's real name) at the North Pole

7) By prior arrangement with the USPS, No Stamp is needed.

8) Hand it to any Postal Employee (Unarmed is prefered) and order them to mail it.

...And Finaly...

9) Insult the Postal Employees Mother.

This is a secret code phrase to guarantee speedy delivery.

Hehehehe... Don't listen to me! :)

Actually Myr said this:

"Writing contest entries should be posted in the proper sub-forum in the Library"

And that's here:

Halloween Writing Contest

Good Luck! If I spent as much time writing my story as I did here, I might be ready. Hehehe...

Damn I can't wait two weeks for Savage Moon... Life is so unfair... ::Lenny wails in despair::

I've completed my story for this contest thingy... So where do I post it?  0:)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..