Curious....

To all of our authors here, I feel that it's kinda rude for me to not let everybody know what stories you guys are writing online! You are definitely the new pioneers of this genre, and everybody reading should definitely know who you are so that they can get a hold of some really good stories! So how about this? Every author that is participating in this board...let everybody know what stories you are writing online! At Gay Authors, or Nifty, or anywhere! Let us know what you write and where to find it! All links welcome. You guys certainly deserve your applause for putting those stories out there forthe rest of us!

And all of you readers out there...whoever your favorite writers are, write them and let them know about this place! Hehehe! Get 'em in here to chit chat with us! ::Giggles:: Spread the word! The more the merrier, I always say! :P

:D I often mention the GA site if I'm in Nifty chat and point out that it's not in competition with Nifty, but often working with it, since many stories are referenced from here. When I'm there I mention the fact that they might find several authors who post there that are not apparently around any more. It seems that not so many people have heard of GA as we might have thought.

Even some authors have shown interest in coming here too; (Mikkiwriter for instance, who joined us a while ago), but we must make sure that people who do come are made to feel welcome and are encouraged as much as possible.

It's kind of disappointing to post a story and then get no feedback. I agree with Comicality, it's important to mail the author after you read a story, even if it's just a single line; there's nothing worse than wondering if anyone at all is reading the stuff you write.

I'm not saying this for my own sake, but for all authors generally - please send that message and give encouragement. It's SO important. :2thumbs:

Well i do e-mail the authors of the stories i read i have told them about this place but i dont think any of them have droped by. As far as writeing and posting stories on the net sometimes i wish i had not because i one dont have a editor and two no one really reads them so reall thinking about not finishing chapter of my story. Feedback is authors food they really need to keep writeing.

I don't post online, and recently I haven't had time to write much (grrr real life)

But a thing I did try recently (and failed due to above mentioned real life) was nanowrimo (NAtional NOvel WRIting MOnth www.nanowrimo.org). Its a bit late mentioning it, since it takes place in November (duh) but it's a write a novel in a month pseudo-competition, where the focus is on quantity not quality and it's all about churning out 50,000 words in one month.

Its definately worth a look for next year, when hopefully someone will mention it before it's over.

Edited by hns
  • Site Administrator

Well... As for favorite Authors... since I host Gay Authors, I've been known to go after them for bringing their sites here... ;)

my stuff, when I have time to write, is on my site here. http://myr.gayauthors.org/

Gay Authors, of course, isn't just for authors. It's for everyone. The domain name of gaystories was taken (still is) when I founded gayauthors a few years ago.

I strongly encourage people to promote GA. It's forums like this one that helps authors improve and helps encourage others to write. :) That's what I like best... seeing new authors having success with their writings.

I'll also say a word about feedback... it is dreadfully important. Make sure you email an author and let him/her know what you think.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..