Is Joseph Gordon-Levitt Gay?

• Site Administrator
Auditioned for the role of "Elder Aaron Davis" in Latter Days (2003) before winning the role of "Elder Paul Ryder."

This would have been the last movie "Latter Days". Aaron Davis is the very gay one. Paul Ryder is his friend... So Joe auditioned for one of the two main gay roles.

• 1 year later...

If he's straight: I'm actually willing to dump my boyfriend for him.

If he's bi: A threesome it is!

If he's gay: I want a tape, damnit.

Actually, I heard he's straight, but the amount of gay-related roles he has done is quite large. Then again, it became sort of popular for straight men to act gay in Hollywood. For example: Philip Seymour Hoffman, Heath Ledger, Jake Gyllenhaal, Tom Hanks, Leonardo De'caprio, Hugh Grant, and I can go on and on and on.

• 10 months later...
The movie Latter Days is my favorite!! It's really funny tho watching it with a morman...

She was in shock...it was great...

What was even better....seeing the look on her face when the two guys have sex...lmao

LOL! I can only imagine.

Here's some interesting titbits I found.

This came from an interview with Anthem magazine:

"This is kind of embarrassing, but I recently put my name into a search engine and someone posted, is Joseph Gordon-Levitt gay? and the answer posted was: Is he an alien? because I played [one on 3rd Rock]. Right now I'm in Toronto playing a psychopathic murderer. And recently I played someone who was in the U.S. army in Iraq. So it's like, what's harder? Kissing a dude or killing people? I would hope that I can feel at least a bit of the horror of what it must be like, when I was playing a soldier, how hard it must be, the hell they go through. So, kissing Topher Grace is like, whatever."

Though perhaps the most intriguing would be this video he made himself, entitled "Pictures of A**holes," and posted on his website. He turned the cameras on some Paparazzi that were following him and began filming them with the video camera he had and asking them why they were taking photos of him. What makes this interesting is that he was with a male friend at the time and hence why they were taking photos.

Hope that fuels the fires.

I was gonna say, "He looks like that guy from 3rd Rock from the Sun," but I otherwise don't know of him... Never even heard of any of the movies mentioned in this thread so far lol.

Hey,

Just wanted to add a recommendation for Mysterious Skin. It's an excellent movie, but very rough on the viewer. Joseph Gordon-Levitt stars as a kid who knew he was gay since before he was 8 when he helped an older man sexually molest another 8-year-old. The movie is mainly about the 18-year-old versions of these two kids coming to terms with these events. It's rated NC-17, probably more for the theme than for anything particularly graphic. Go see it!

Raro

I was gonna say, "He looks like that guy from 3rd Rock from the Sun," but I otherwise don't know of him... Never even heard of any of the movies mentioned in this thread so far lol.

He does a lot of indie films, he is a very good actor. I had a big crush on him when I was about 13 or so.

Hey,

Just wanted to add a recommendation for Mysterious Skin. It's an excellent movie, but very rough on the viewer. Joseph Gordon-Levitt stars as a kid who knew he was gay since before he was 8 when he helped an older man sexually molest another 8-year-old. The movie is mainly about the 18-year-old versions of these two kids coming to terms with these events. It's rated NC-17, probably more for the theme than for anything particularly graphic. Go see it!

Raro

I think the Nc-17 was due to the one rape scene. I also thoight it was a very good film. I also think "Latter Days" os a must see.

I sailed into Provincetown a few years ago and there was a movie playing that looked interesting has I have had several dealings with Mormans and their sexuality. I got to see Latter Days in the theater. Wow how amazing. I couldn't wait for it to appear on dvd. Joseph even as the homophob was powerful. Both these movies are great. Mysterious skin is indeed disturbing but well worth watching. Hope to see more of Joe. Pax

Wow, six thousand views! Obviously, the sexuality of Joseph Gordon-Levitt attracts a LOT of attention. And that means... Well, what does it mean?

I think Joseph Cordon-Levitt heard about this thread and kept doing that refresh thing to see if there was an update yet. :lmao:

• 4 weeks later...