Savage Moon

Your right, Savage Moon was good. Really Good. It was the second story I read from Com, and it was just... wow. Made me a mindless zombie meant to devour all of Com's story.

Great story, lined with deep Philosophical views. Very Nietszchiean. Liberating to the max. Dark atmosphere, all the more appealing. Unforgettable characters too. Delve so deep in the characters psychology they seemed like real, living people. Com gave larger than life personality to his actors.

...And much to my chagrin, a very evil cliffhanger. <_<

Bad, Com! BAAaad!!! :devil:

Post Continuation Immediately!!! Otherwise.......... :2hands:

Hehehe, thank you guys so much! "Savage Moon" was meant to be a lot different from the other stories on the site, and the third chapter (Which is STILL coming soon! You'll see it this summer, I promise) gets a lot more twisted than previous chapters. A lot more crazy, a lot more sexual, a lot more violent, believe me. Plus the whole 'mythology' of who and what they are comes into play with the next chapter, so I definitely want to concentrate on doing it right. But you guys will see all of that later. :)

Thanks again! It makes me smil to know you're still watching for it! ::Giggles::

• 2 months later...

Hehehe, oooooh no! I'm not gonna give a date, because then something always goes wrong and it doesn't come out on time. I'm not falling for THAT trick this time. It's already taking a few weeks longer than I thought it would.

What I CAN tell you is that it's getting very close to being finished, and I hope to start editing it all in a few weeks. I'm happy with most of it right now, but there are a few parts I kinda wanna touch up a bit. I'm a stickler for my own work, so it has to pass a pretty harsh inspection before I start letting people read it. But I'm working on it as you read this. So it won't be too long. K?

• 9 months later...

I read this story a few weeks ago, but neglected to comment at that time. Savage Moon is an excellent short story. I'm sure now it worked as a serial, but in one go, it packs a punch!

Edited by oahu

Thanks dude! There is an extensded chapter coming for "Savage Moon" VERY soon! So look for it in the near future! Just like the "Gone From Daylight: Nights Eternal" extended chapter, there will be over 100K of new material added to the last chapter, and it will create a bridge between the last chapter and this new one. Cool?

If you thought the boys of Rainbow's End have shown their worst yet....hehehe....you're waaaaaay off! :)

• 5 weeks later...

I recently read "Savage Moon" and it really impressed me! It's one of the best literary studies on group dynamics and the psychology of power that I've ever seen! It's one heck of a good story, too, with the way it's told (keeping so much unknown for so long).

In some ways, it reminds me of the psychology in "lord of the flies". Very, very dark, but a real in-depth exploration of unbridled power in adolescents.

Those are my interpretations of it, anyway.

Thank you, Comicality, for one heck of a great story! I hope it will be continued at some point in the future.

Wow...thank you SO much, dude!

I have no idea how to even thank you for such a compliment. There was (originally) a trilogy of sci-fi stories that I was writing for the site. "Gone From Daylight" (About vampires), "Always" (About angels), and "Magic Man" (About witchcraft). Respectively about 'society', 'choice', and 'growth'. "Savage Moon" came along later, and was basically about 'letting go' but knowing where the line is drawn. So they were all meant to have some kind of purpose, and it always means a lot to me to hear someone feel so strongly about the storylines and the characters. Especially on a psychological or philosophical level. Wow, seriously, thank you...

You've definitely given me enough to smile about for a while! :)

As for the continuation of the story, the extended chapter of "Savage Moon: Forsaken" will begin Monday, July 10th (Which I believe is just a few weeks away from now!) Cool? I hope you enjoy it!

Also, "GFD: Born Of Fire", "Savage Moon: Unleashed", and "Magic Man 2" will all be posted this summer...

Hmmm, I entered a post, and the system ate it, telling me I needed to enter a post! Perhaps because I used quotes, and they aren't allowed here? (I couldn't get the automatic quote feature to work, either)

Comicality, Thank you! I wasn't exaggerating, the psychology and sociodynamics blew me away, and I'm hard to impress in that regard. The dynamics within the "pack" were especially interesting, due to seeing the meld between human instinct and the "alpha male" structure of a wolfpack.

I'm really looking forward to the continuation, and I'm delighted to hear that it will be so soon!

I'm new to your stories, and Savage Moon was my first of yours. I am certainly going to be reading more of them in the very near future, starting today.

Thank you very much for these wonderful stories!

Sweet! And the dynamics of the 'pack' don't really get broken down until the "Unleashed" chapter! But yes, they definitely all have a role to play in the group, Wes included.

That's awesome! I'm glad you guys don't just think I'm completely crazy with my strange offbeat ramblings in these stories! Hahaha! I sometimes wonder if anybody 'gets' me at all! I'm happy to hear that it doesn't sound too strange and spacey for people to pick up on! ((hugz))

I'm definitly looking foward to reading more of your stories! I see that there are plenty of active threads here about them, but I'm staying away from them until I have read the story being discussed (not an easy thing for me, as I'm a forum addict!) I've just started GFD, and it looks excelent so far!

I think one of the many things that impressed me the most (about Savage Moon) was the gradual development of the portrayal of the "Pack", and Cyrus. At first, it seemed to be rather benign, and then slowly grew darker and more sinister. That was my impression anyway, and I loved the way it was done. It didn't seem to be a linear progression, but an even more realistic journey of discovery that left the reader in a quandary as to their nature. Bravo!

::Blush:: You certainly make a 'gal' feel special! Hehehe!

As for "GFD", I certainly hope you enjoy that one as much as the others! The first chapter I wrote (wow...) like seven years ago! So I think the writing progresses a bit more as the chapters go on. "Savage Moon", I believe, somewhere around "GFD's" 6th or 7th chapter. So it evens out eventually, hehehe!

Anyway, read and post all you want! The Cafe NEEDS forum addicts! I love em!

• 1 month later...

terrific series... the previous post was right, it has the feel of "lord of the flies." but for me, it's more like Barrie's Peter Pan with Peter and his lust boys... heheheh...

i'm just curious tho, when would be the next chapter be? just can't wait....

i hope there will be more agressive sexual situations and heightened sexual tensions... i just love it when Cyrus controls the kid, like a protective wolf that he is....

will there be rape? just curious... :)

com,

just want to say how much i enjoyed savage moon. i just started reading it this week and all i have to say is damn... you sure know how to captivate a reader.

i read that the extended material for "foresaken" was to be added july 15th... has that been pushed back?

Comicalities writing never ceases to amaze me, He can go from writing completely normal, to vampires, to werewolves with ease. I doubt I compliment him enough in his writing through emails, extremely great story indeed though :)

• 4 weeks later...

I havn't read much of the story yet, I am only in the begining of part 2.

I was amazed when I read the second conversation between Cyrus and Wes, where Cyrus tells Wes about his (Wes') personallity.

He was describing me, and I was in total shock.

I never thought anyone could 'get' me.

It was like Com studied me or something :-)

Well... that's all I wanted to say.

Great story, Com.

I'll keep on reading it.

Erez

Ha, I think i need to find a dictionary. Everyone's like "The dynamics of the story's characters really inspired a feeling of self love and.." and I'm just "Yeh, the story was great. Thanks." Maybe I should learn big words too?

Anyway, I think thes tory was amazing, and I really liked it. Looking forward to the next installment. As I am with all the other stories.

*sobs heavily*

Edited by Undecided

((Tight Hugz))

There is still one last part of the "Savage Moon: Forsaken" extended chapters, which will be posted tomorrow night. It was just held until I got further along in "Savage Moon: Unleashed" to make sure everything adds up from chapter to chapter and I won't need to change anything later. (I have a bad habit of changing things at the VERY last minute!) And the new chapter will start the first week of October! Cool? Hehehe, you'll find out a lot more about the pack....believe me. ::Nods::

And also, in case I didn't get around to it before, a very hearty welcome to you guys stopping by for the first time! :) Gekidan, Seth, Narcoleptic, and Erez! Thanks for the 'fuel'! I'll use it to make the new stuff even better (once I figure out how!).

• 2 weeks later...

that was friggen awesome com! you surprised me with part 9 when i checked back this morning... i thought there was only a 7 and 8! :)

fantastic job man... this story is incredible... at this point its tied for #1 w/ gfd! really looking forward to unleashed... i bet it's going to get crazy! =]

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..