Savage Moon

I'm back after reading Foresaken E, F, & G. I'm (still) really enjoying this story. It is by far the most satisfying vampire- or were-wolf-like story since Anne Rice's Interview with the Vampire (both book and movie). I like the human narrator, Wesley, who struggles to make sense of this. I like the group dynamics of the pack (as CJ pointed about above). I love the ambivalence that the author builds in the mind of the reader, who learns bit by bit that these kids are close to evil personified, yet Wesley's best course of action is not obvious. For that matter, what does the reader think of evil in the eyes of Wesley's father? I even like the sex scene (relatively rare for me).

OK, I just noticed that there're two more parts in a separate place, but they're not on Comicality's GAC site nor on GA's Archive, so no comment on them.

CJames said on June 17: "Hmmm, I entered a post, and the system ate it, telling me I needed to enter a post! Perhaps because I used quotes, and they aren't allowed here? (I couldn't get the automatic quote feature to work, either)" Yeah, I have the same problem. If I preview, I lose my text. I've learned to save a copy of my input text in Comicality's forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Huge hugs and thanks to you all!!! :)

It's inspiring to know that you guys are enjoying the story! And next week begins the (MANY) "Red October" updates, so be ready!

This will be the first time ever that "Gone From Daylight", "Magic Man", and "Savage Moon", will be in direct competition with one another directly! So I'm making sure that all hell breaks loose! ::Wicked Grin::

Have fun....

Back after reading Parts H and I. "Checkmate" ended a chapter a few back. Unlike a chess match, however, this checkmate has taken a while to sink in. Now I thinks it fully sunk in. :P

The dirt balls toos at and into the house was a neat tactical move in retrospect. Without it, Wesley might have been tempted to give his family another chance.

The father puzzles me a bit. Only a few hours after he seems to show some compassion, he's ready to throw Wesley into a brainwashing camp based on a preconceived notion that we refuses to test with facts. :angry: I guess that tendency is common shallower fundamentalists, but I had hoped for better from him. :(

I especially enjoyed Wesley's view of Kyla's reaction. From her point of view, youthful rebellion is carefully circumscribed to avoid interfering with safety or creature comfort. Wesley is way past that.

I wonder how Wesley's view of the world will continue to evolve. Will he lose his empathy for all people?

I wonder how Wesley's view of the world will continue to evolve. Will he lose his empathy for all people?
Well, after one section of 'Unleashed", I'm going to take stab at my own question: Yes. :devil:

But as usual, as one question fades, more pop into view. For instance, how does a wolf-pack of kids (or whatever they are :P ) resemble a clique in the Mafia? The next chapter may tell us! :thumbup:

Wesley's slow transformation, his awareness of it, and his complex feelings about it, continue to fascinate me. For me, this is the best part of the story, and one which sets Savage Moon above and apart from most stories in this genre. :worship:

Notice how I escaped from the paragraph without saying what genre I'm talking about! Mom didn't raise no fool :P , or so I keep telling myself. ;)

km

Mafia clique, eh? Hehehe, I like it. :)

Without giving away what's planned for this and the next chapter, I can definitely tell you that the more Wesley tries to fight it, the stronger the pull will become. And God forbid if Cyrus has to step in to 'help' him know his place. ::Nods With A Grin::

I read the entire thing in a day. (mind you... those are some nice long chapters). I ate it up. I always love your work.

You writing gets the mind and the 'juices' flowing. I can't give it enough praise, so I'll stop groveling here.

It seems almost like the last chapter could even work as an opening to me for another 'book' so to speak in the series. I only WISH I could kick out that much quality material. You make me feel lazy!

Anyway, I had to stop by and say that I love the story, and I can't wait to read more.

Take care!

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wow, Wow, WOW!

I just registered tonight on these forums, but I have been reading your stories, GFD and Savage Moon. To me it has changed my life and I'm not kidding, like.. forever. I might be just a fifteen year old teen but by GOD. You are my idol, your stories captivate my imagination unlike anything. Your perception of so many things in understanding humanity is utterly mind bubbling hehe

So many quotes that I think I'll keep for the rest of my life!

Ok, I'm going too shutup now before I start turing into one of those fans who starts screaming when they see you enter the building :)

*screams*!! :wub:

• 1 month later...

I just enjoyed to read the last chapters of "Savage moon". Comsie is one of the best :worship::worship::worship: .I cannt hold on to bring here one of the best paragraphs I ever read in his stories,the description of John Boy :

"Precisely. Amish boys and girls...looking for an answer. Expecting their religion to provide logic and reason for maintaining some sort of moral compass. Praying that it will save them. Salvation through a few rehearsed words and forcing themselves to look at the morbid statue of a tortured prophet one day out of the week. Promising themselves something more in an existence that they're hoping will be better than this one. Trying desperately to justify their purpose for being here." He told me softly. "But in reality...only WE are the ones living in the now. Only WE can experience paradise with our eyes wide open. Without the fantasy. Without the falsehood"

I never met people of this kind, like John Boy, in my life. But I would , just to be able to discuss his faith with him :devil: :sword:.

Wow...thanks you guys! There's something about the LAST three sections of this chapter that are just driving me crazy! I don't know why I got so weird about it all of a suden, but when I look at it again, it just didn't 'flow' right. Some of those conversaions are important, you know?

I'm so glad that you guys have been liking it!

I know, I know...I'll stop being paranoid and just post. Hehehe! I'm trying to force myself to let go these days. It's like watching your kid go off to summer camp for the first time. Teary eyed mom that I am! :P

Thank you all!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just read like all of it. I have been reading it for like the past two days. I have to say that I look for to reading even more in the future. I'm likely to soak it up. I loved how there was a build-up. It was like from the beginning you're looking forward to seeing the change being complete. Only now, it looks like the surface has barely been scratched. There's a WAR brewing or at least a potential one. Things could get bloody in a hurry. :devil:

I loved how there was a build-up. It was like from the beginning you're looking forward to seeing the change being complete. Only now, it looks like the surface has barely been scratched. There's a WAR brewing or at least a potential one. Things could get bloody in a hurry. :devil:

Pacing! That's what the story has. Incredible pacing. Thanks, Tiger, for helping me put a finger on what I love about this story.

The wait between chapters is killing me, though.

Bryan

I also await the next posting of Savage moon nontheless, Surprisingly your wearwolves have totaly convinced me that they were the same werewolves in the series "Twlight" by Stephanie Myer, sadly they are not they are not of the moon more so "Shape-shifters" than wearwolves.

Hard to beleve the difference. and too think i read savage moon....a long while ago, compared to the last three days of twlight reading. Seriously Put IT UP!

Mark M~

• 2 weeks later...

SO very happy that you guys are still enjoying "Savage Moon", despite the delays! (The next section is waiting for the "GFD: Crossroads" first chapter to be completed. If you haven't seen the preview I posted on the Library, it's the very first time I'm crossing the "GFD" vampire kind storyline with the "Savage Moon" werewolves. It's a totaly new story, with new characters and all, I just want it to live up to expectations. You know me and my 'weirdness')

Plus I'm excited about the "Savage Moon: Lone Wolf" chapter, which is planned out, but I haven't written word one on it yet. THAT chapter is what a lot of folks have been waiting for! Hehehe, me included!

So don't worry, I'll make it worth the wait. Promise. :: Nods ::

• 5 months later...

Hey Comsie where is savage moon seriously i've been like waiting since....November 6th of 2009 or longer? F M L. He still hasn't worked his way to the present situation....

i'm pretty much having a broken heart cuz i never got into GFD....much less even tried, not saying i never will it's probably brilliant.

But a Savage moon update would be nice :)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..