[dkstories] Rich Boy: Inheritance.

WTF?!? Um - this is how I find out about a new story? :blink:

Hehehhee :great:

I've mentioned it and offered to send you the first two chapters but you've just been pushing me for more Hard Knocks. My god you're greedy.

I've mentioned it and offered to send you the first two chapters but you've just been pushing me for more Hard Knocks. My god you're greedy.

ROFL. Yeah, deff a married couple now guys :P *Grins evily* bickering just like my parents! :P

In other news: GOD i feel old... I started reading DK when I was like 17... I'm 24 now... lol

Gee, thanks Brax... now go to your room, you're grounded! :devil:

:lol:

Not if I get pics of him in a baseball uniform (um, still waiting!). Oh, and honey, it was an Adam, Zack, Josh, and a new one named Cameron type day here. Be glad you're at work. I ended up kicking all of them out (including our two-legged girl) so I could get some work done.

Now I'm listening to A Thousand Suns and getting flashes of Inheritance, really, really wanting to write that story and I have other committments to finish first. Damn. Okay, switching to One Republic for Hard Knocks. Still haven't settled on a sound track for Beaten Path though.

the American Idiot cast recording is closest for that, but not quite a perfect fit. Metallica's Unforgiven is a closer fit, but it's only a few songs. need something longer...

I actually just finished re-reading the "Rich Boy" series for like the 3rd time. But getting to the end is so tough!! I just want more!! *Sigh*

I'm glad to hear that "Inheritance" is still on the agenda, though. I can see how re-reading it yourself though might be necessary if it's been a long time. There are just so many details and so much possibility for the "Rich Boy" series...so many great characters you can include...so many directions you can take. I love the grand scale of things in this series. Fighting demons, advising the President, saving the world, leading the mage community....it's great!! (PS Please don't kill off anyone important like Jamie or Kyle. I don't think I could handle it!)

Anyway, thanks for all your hard work. I certainly appreciate it! :)

(PS Please don't kill off anyone important like Jamie or Kyle. I don't think I could handle it!)

Anyway, thanks for all your hard work. I certainly appreciate it! :)

I wouldn't mind if you killed off the Uncle! :thumbdown:

• 1 month later...

So long since ive been in the presence of such genius. Must mention that im now worthy of reading and grateful to have been able to bath in the words of my mentor. Dan has given me the inspiration that ive needed and the drive that has heated my blood to the point, that i have finally become a creator of stories, like all the other great writers before me. I have finally obtained an audience, small it may be, But they ask for more at the end of each new chapter I write. Thank You dkstories and all the other Authors for your inspirations. LBP :D P.S. I'd be glad to read those first two chapters.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A problem with life is that it always throws you curve balls. Yes, getting the kdis in our lives threw me really off-track for a while. No I haven't forgetten this story, or Dreams of a Son. What I have forgotten are a lot of those little details that make the difference between an okay story and a good story. The trick is going to be going back and re-reading the stories, picking the story lines back up and moving forward, all while working on some 'newer' stories, handling work for clients, kids, baseball, soccer, and oh yeah - did we mention kids yet?

For now the third installment is still buried in my brain somewhere, but it won't be forever. I've recently started re-reading some stories (something I usually hate doing) and it was good enough that I feel happier about restarting the reading of either Rich Boy or Dreams. I just have to choose which one to start with first.

If you're wondering what story I re-read that got me moving in this direction again, it was Rider's Pride. Damn that was a good story and damn I still cried at the end and no, there won't be a sequel. Somethings are just better off where they are, as they are, and for me Rider's Pride is that shining jewel that I don't want to screw up by adding to it.

• Like 2

Yeah yeah, I'm on chapter 5 of Awakening now. Worthie really is a conceited ass, isn't he? Oh, and now I've noticed no one has reviewed the story and I feel so heartbroken...oh wait, just because I wrote it before the stories moved over to the new system doesn't mean...fine fine. ego shmego and all that.

Posted Image

I'd claim that pictures of cute guys in baseball uniforms will help me write better, but now I've got a kid playing on a baseball team and all those pictures do is remind me of how much we pay in laundry after every game or practice.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, so I'm like on Chapter 24 of Growing pains and keep having to make edits to minor things here and there. Like, how the hell did I screw up Kyle's name so bad? It's supposed to be Norton, and somehow I totally lost the paragraph about his mother's maiden name being Norman.

Ack....

so, um, yeah, finished chapter 30. Y'all have been waiting a while, haven't ya?

“Fine.” Randall Smythe said and Worthington felt the thrill of victory yet again. Actually, it was the first time in four years that he’d felt the thrill quite this strong, two long years of half-victories and half-measures. “You are correct, Worthington. All of these plans meet the conditions of your father’s will. The question I have is this: will he say yes?”

“I think so.” Worthington answered as the thrill of victory faded away. It had been four years ago, just after their graduation from high school when the Demon Lord Blasoc had led an army of demons against Clairville. At the time Worthington had been in Indonesia tracing down sightings of a beached Kilo-class submarine matching the description of the one that had escaped the Catalina raids. “We’re talking again, and he did visit me all last summer. Things have been platonic, for the most part, but the interest is still there and he’s expressed a desire to return here and teach sports at the Simons Bradwell Academy.”

I've only started the first chapter, but it feels good to put the story back together and finally moving forward a bit. Yeah, it's four years instead of the regular few months from the end of the last story, but this was actually part of the original plan for this book. I had debated about putting the referenced battle in the end of Growing Pains, but it was too depressing. I'd really gotten to like Kyle and I didn't want to put him through the crap of that battle. Instead, we'll find out about it in bits and pieces through flashbacks and discussions between the characters. There have been many changes, but things aren't really all that different in the long run.

The first few chapters should get us oriented into the four-year jump to the future, settle us down nicely into place and then things will take off. Demons are still a pressing concern, and we finally have the long-awaited showdown between Worthington and his Uncle.

• 1 month later...

Dear Dan,

I hope this New Year finds you and yours happy and well.

I just finished reading your Fan Fic in the Mersadies Lackie universe. I loved it. Very good story.

I was sort of wondering what happened to the non premium stories. I was just getting ready to reread the various HP stories that I noticed you had put back up, and now they are all gone again.

Is this a permanent thing, or is there some sort of glitch?

I have spent many happy hours reading your wonderful stories, and I am very sad that so many of my favourites are now gone.

Thank you so very much for all of the great stories, and I look forward, along with many others, I am sure, to reading more, whenever you find the time to write them.

Hugs,

Your Friend,

Darryl