Open Club  ·  280 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

On the Mark Music Recomendations

I'd forgotten that bit. I need to get over my dislike of The Land Whore" and reread the rest of the earlier books.

I thought Van was more of an archetype for the Hayes, both look and personality. I don't think of Jeff or Robbie as being particularly alpha, although Matt certainly is.

I think Van and Matt (On the Mark Matt) both kind of inspired the Hayes ideal, because there is a bit of variety with them. I think Matt kind of adds in that mid-western Alpha Guy act. I think in personality, Matt seems closer to someone like Tony, i.e. He Who Shall Not Be Named.

Mark has said that the Hayes face is basically based on Wally Cleaver from Leave It To Beaver, especially the eyes. I'm assuming that means he had a friend who resembled young Tony Dow. LOL.

Anyway, I recently discovered a Scottish 1970's pop band called The Bay City Rollers after watching this great BBC documentary called Rollermania on them. I thought they were just a one-hit wonder who did the song called "Saturday Night" but apparently they were absolutely huge worldwide from 1974-1977, but then dropped off big time by 1978. I gotta admit, there's some kind of inexplicable appeal to them. Here's some Bay City Roller songs I probably would have tried adding in as the (early) part of the story was contemporary to when they were big:

"Give A Little Love"

"I Only Want to Be With You"

"Money Honey"

"Rock N Roll Love Letter"

"You Made Me Believe In Magic"

"Strangers in the Wind"

Do any of you guys remember them? They had a pretty fascinating, trainwreck kind of history. They wound up being completely ripped off by their manager and their record company, and they all wound up having a pretty tough time of it after their days as teen idol pin-ups were over.

Anyway, you gotta love unabashed 70's pop. I can't see Mark being into them, though.

Edited by methodwriter85

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..