Your Favorite Artist?

So I know everyone has a favorite artist. Whether its from acting to art even music. I'd like to know who it is why and amybe like a picture or a clip of some of their stuff.

Ok like my favorite recording artist is Janelle Monae. Why, because here music is different but it still has that feel good vibe to it. And i can relate to what shes talking about in her music.

hmmm.... AFI and the Foo Fighters are my two favorites at the moment.

gah, I like Steppenwolf too. oh no! Or maybe the Police.....

I hate choosing T_T

Me too, but if I had to do so, two is as far as I can go, Robert Plant and Chris Cornell. They're both rock stars for anyone who does not know. Anyone who doesn't know who Robert Plant is should be shot. :P

For me its an unsigned, for now, band called 10 Reasons to Live.

I love their sound, even after they recently changed lead singers. I've been to a handful of their gigs and they just get better each time.

Here a couple of their songs:

and their MySpace page:

http://www.myspace.com/10reasonstolive

I've met most of them in person at gigs and they're all really nice, down to earth guys.

Musically - Alanis Morisette and Lily Allen because they are both unique and strong women

Artistically - Money... I just love purple and the muted colours are awesome.. my favourite are the water lilies.

Acting - Nichole Kidman and Jonny Depp.... for the same reason, their acting is awesome, characterisation unique and I would like to sleep with both of them.... at the same time if possible

Music - It would probably would have to be Mathew Ebel right now. <3

Art - Would have to be Picasso.

Acting - *shrugs* I don't pay attention to acting. Johny Depp is awesome though. <3

Literature (Just thought I'd add this. ;D) - That would be Andre Gide, Hawthorne, Christopher Hitchens, and Richard Dawkins.

My favourite artist: Jorane, her singing and music writing abilities are beyond compare. IMO. And her album art is directed by her, iirc, and it is haunting. YouTube her, you won't be disappointed.

More specific:

Music: (After Jorane) Enya, always great. Occasionally brilliant.

Actress: Whoopi Golberg, I don't know why here. Just because I guess.

Actor: Freddie Highmore, so cute and an incredible boy. I have to agree, Johnny Depp is a close second, dreamy and what an actor!

My favourite artist: Jorane, her singing and music writing abilities are beyond compare. IMO. And her album art is directed by her, iirc, and it is haunting. YouTube her, you won't be disappointed.

More specific:

Music: (After Jorane) Enya, always great. Occasionally brilliant.

Actress: Whoopi Golberg, I don't know why here. Just because I guess.

Actor: Freddie Highmore, so cute and an incredible boy. I have to agree, Johnny Depp is a close second, dreamy and what an actor!

Director: Gus van Saint I guess. I don't pay a whole lot of attention to directors.

Art: Polyklietos. He defined sculpture for the next...forever. We still use his rules today.

Ah Polyklietos... I had forgotten him. :)

Guest JohnnyPoo

Fun little questionnaire

Music - God, I like so many that I really love, so it depends on my mood for the day. Right now, I'll have to say Brad Paisley. I really enjoy his stuff, good for the road, good for some laughs, and good for the soul. Strictly music speaking, lyrics aside, I enjoy the works of Thomas Newman. He produced the scores of a lot of good movies.

Art - I'm familiar with many artists but do not have a favorite. I'm rarely in an artsy mood, so I'd rather not think about this because it all sucks.

Acting - This is hard. Actors for their acting? I'm easily tempted to pick them out for their good looks :lol: but I like Tom Hanks. How typical huh? I also love seeing Megan Fox on screen.

Literature - This is suppose to be fun, not complicated and deep, so I'm not gonna answer this.

Musically (excluding composers) -- Maria Callas all the way. Of the non-operatic bent, there's Jeff Buckley and Bjork. Of the non-vocal category, I'd have to give it to Perlman. Gould's a genius, but more a genius than an artist. Michael Jackson also had it.

Art -- it's too hard, this one. So I'll skip it. Haha. But, well... everyone? From Bosch to Durer, Botticelli to Picasso, Van Gogh to Michelangelo. Although I don't consider splotches and soupcans to be art.

Actor & Actress -- I think very few of them are true artists, although on stage I'm sure that's not the case. Bjork, when she did Dancer in the Dark, was. Gong Li, Kate Winslet sometimes. Greta Garbo has "witchcraft." Audrey Hepburn had that too in some roles. I'm not as excited by actors.

Directors -- I think directors particularly fit the definition of "artist" b/c it's their vision that gets executed. So many of them -- I'm no film buff, btw -- Lynch, Fincher, Scorsese, and my favorite, Ang Lee.

• 2 months later...

Nicole Kidman (actress), Johnny Depp (actor), William Shakespeare (writer), Comicality (writer), Rafael (painter), Bernini (quite a lot of artistic skills), and when it comes to music, Enya, Hans Zimmer and Nickelback.

Oh, and since I love Riverdance, Michael Flatley & co.

I guess that sums it all up :)

• 4 months later...

Recently, I've fallen in love with Adam Young (aka Owl City). His music to me is just a breathe of fresh air. I consider him a rare talent, because it's hard to find someone who can write songs with so much whimsical imagination and feel-good optimism, yet still be able to touch upon the most tender of emotions. It's just hard not to smile when you're listening to one of his songs =)

Here's one of my favorite songs from him, Hot Air Balloon <3

Edited by anonymous dreamer
Guest zomgZACH

MUSIC:

HIM

I like their sound a lot

Fun to sing along to (horribly xD)

I really like the lyrics of a lot of their songs, although I prefer the older songs more because of the sound

//
//

Slipknot

When I'm angry, which happens sometimes, I like to listen to Slipknot.

They say a lot of things that I wish I had the guts to say out loud to people

x // x // x

Rise Against

I love their position about world issues and how it translates into their work

They really inspire me

Plus their songs are just so... singable xP

//
//

The Butterfly Effect

Awesome Australian band.

Their lyrics are just what I want to say sometimes

Or they talk about how I feel in words I can't

//
//

ART:

Alex Pardee

x // x // x

Music: I primarily enjoy Classical Piano. Having said that, my taste in music is very eclectic. Most anything from Bluegrass to Zydeco, with the exception of Rap and Hip Hop which I can't stand. But I have no particular preference as to the artist.

Art: Salvador Dali and M C Escher

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...