I'm Not From Earth!

Here's the first couple of chapters of I'm Not From Earth!

So it's been a long time since I've last written anything worth while, but after several [bajillion] cursed writer's blocks, I was finally able to put my ideas onto paper. Or er, word processor. Again, a big thanks to Colin for your super editing and MJ for being my muse.

Comments, critique, discussions, questions and anything is very welcome : )

Hope you guys enjoy!

• Like 2

Hello,

I am loving this story. It is original and well written. Certain asepcts of Rover's life (i.e. the security goons) seem almost alien in nature and this adds an edginess to the story. His rescuer is possessed with the supernatural powers - and the two strike a curious balance in this interesting story. I'm loking forward to future chapters ! / Stephan

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I am loving this story. It is original and well written. Certain asepcts of Rover's life (i.e. the security goons) seem almost alien in nature and this adds an edginess to the story. His rescuer is possessed with the supernatural powers - and the two strike a curious balance in this interesting story. I'm loking forward to future chapters ! / Stephan

Huh. I never thought that the guards were alien-like themselves, but now that you've mentioned it I guess they kinda do. I try hard to develop my characters so I'm glad they are balancing the story.

Glad you're enjoying it Stephan : )! There will be lots more to come yes...

Huh. I never thought that the guards were alien-like themselves, but now that you've mentioned it I guess they kinda do. I try hard to develop my characters so I'm glad they are balancing the story.

B).........Humm, that would lead credence on how the guards found him so quickly!! Slade is the mystery one though, best line in this chapter;

"This is how life works," Somerset said.His voice was surprisingly gentle, raw with traces of sadness. "If yourun away, you'll never fix it."

This holds true and leads the reader to believe there is a storm coming in! Great chapter!

I am enjoying this story a lot, especially the characterisation. I like Rover, I love Slade. I am curious as to what he is, having a penchent for fallen angels myself anything dark that flies automatically get put into that category with me. I am constantly on the lookout for someone who understands, someone who gets it right.

I love the fact that harsh reality mixes with fantasy. Even the fantasy sequences are graphically 'real'. The devil as they say is in the detail and this is a very detailed story which makes it three dimensional and 'alive' Keep up the good work.

B).........Humm, that would lead credence on how the guards found him so quickly!! Slade is the mystery one though, best line in this chapter;

"This is how life works," Somerset said.His voice was surprisingly gentle, raw with traces of sadness. "If yourun away, you'll never fix it."

This holds true and leads the reader to believe there is a storm coming in! Great chapter!

Thanks Benji! I hope the line didn't stick out as too cheesy/corny/sappy. I rewrote it a couple of times, wondering if it'll work or not.

And nooo... unintentional foreshadowing! You're perceptive, you.

I am enjoying this story a lot, especially the characterisation. I like Rover, I love Slade. I am curious as to what he is, having a penchent for fallen angels myself anything dark that flies automatically get put into that category with me. I am constantly on the lookout for someone who understands, someone who gets it right.

I love the fact that harsh reality mixes with fantasy. Even the fantasy sequences are graphically 'real'. The devil as they say is in the detail and this is a very detailed story which makes it three dimensional and 'alive' Keep up the good work.

Thank you! Fallen angels hrmm. I cannot reveal anything yet mwahaha.

I try to make my fantasy as believable as possible, and I guess it's easier that way when the reader has something more realistic to grip onto? I never noticed that my writing was detailed. How weird. But I'm glad that that is a good thing!

• 3 weeks later...

I've posted two new chapters up, one being relatively short. I will probably post another within the next few days so to kill that cliffhanger... given that I won't be too busy. Hopefully I'll destroy my stacks of hwk in time and then be able to post more, write more, and read more!

Enjoy and if you have anything to say, feel free to drop a line : ).

I've posted two new chapters up, one being relatively short. I will probably post another within the next few days so to kill that cliffhanger... given that I won't be too busy. Hopefully I'll destroy my stacks of hwk in time and then be able to post more, write more, and read more!

Enjoy and if you have anything to say, feel free to drop a line : ).

B).........Kinda going like a serial where the hero wakes up running everyday from the bad guys, at least the 'Fugitive' had a few days before the cops showed up!! We need Spiderman back, why is it that I think the only one from earth is Somerset! Looking forward to more!!

I think part of the charm of this story is that everything is so...normal... and then suddenly it isn't. Rover seems to be very ordinary in many ways. He thinks and reacts just like anyone else... making mistakes, being dumb, sometimes smart, often scared and confused. He's the guy next door, down the street, in the coffee shop. And all these things keep happening to him and it just confuses him even more, just like the rest of us.

I also like the fact that nothing is clear, nothing. It seems as if father is a real wicked bad guy, Rover is certainly scared of him. But why send the bodyguards round when Rover just called in for some books. I felt that was a bit of an over reaction and it has me thinking why? Was it because he knows something Rover doesn't... is he trying to protect him or hurt him? The very fact that these questions arise points at the quality of the writing.

B).........Kinda going like a serial where the hero wakes up running everyday from the bad guys, at least the 'Fugitive' had a few days before the cops showed up!! We need Spiderman back, why is it that I think the only one from earth is Somerset! Looking forward to more!!

... Spiderman?! :blink:

I think part of the charm of this story is that everything is so...normal... and then suddenly it isn't. Rover seems to be very ordinary in many ways. He thinks and reacts just like anyone else... making mistakes, being dumb, sometimes smart, often scared and confused. He's the guy next door, down the street, in the coffee shop. And all these things keep happening to him and it just confuses him even more, just like the rest of us.

I also like the fact that nothing is clear, nothing. It seems as if father is a real wicked bad guy, Rover is certainly scared of him. But why send the bodyguards round when Rover just called in for some books. I felt that was a bit of an over reaction and it has me thinking why? Was it because he knows something Rover doesn't... is he trying to protect him or hurt him? The very fact that these questions arise points at the quality of the writing.

I try to maintain an air of mystery and then have answers revealed as the story progresses on, but I douno if I have been successful. I'm relieved that you like it.

And wow, you analyzed Rover well. That was how I wanted him to be like -- pretty ordinary. Although I was aiming to put the "dumb" in his character a little more : ).

Spiderman, spiderman, here comes the spiderman... and I forgot the rest. I was never a big fan, anyways. I prefer vampires like the delicious sparkly Edward Cullen... Not.

Okay, so I guess I dragged on the whole fugitive business as Benji described it, but hey, I like torturing my characters. No seriously, who doesn't? It's all part of the business -- no pain, no gain. I'll shut up now.

But here's Spidey. Hope you guys like the next chapter!

I think it's called a binge. :read: Just read all 13 chapters. It was delicious! :2thumbs:

First, I need to say that the slight against Mariah did not go unnoticed. :angry: She's one of my fave divas. :wub: I knew her when too. If you can't say anything nice.... :P

So Robert Pattinson doesn't do it for ya, eh? I don't get that either. :wacko:

How about Taylor Lautner from the same movie? :wub:

Oops! :off:

I remember seeing this title a while back and concluded...aliens. :sheep: Not for me.

But Neph was reading it.... ;)

Good job, young dude! :worship: Slade is my kind of alien. :wub: Sett's not bad either. :) In fact, your characters are superb!

Hey... don't bring me into this.... well... okay then, as it's you... and this is a great story that deserves exposure. There are so many little details that make this story come to life. There are some pretty heavy and frankly unbelievable things that happen but are presented in such an understated way to perfectly ordinary characters that you just accept them as being... well... normal.

This isn't one of those... hey I'm an alien and I am going to take you off in my spaceship and have some weird adventures in space.... kind of thing it is the extraordinary happening in an every day way to ordinary people... and that makes it... and them extraordinary.

I really am loving this story...and yeah... I have the hots for Slade. What can I say... I have a thing for green eyes.cwm27.gif

I think it's called a binge. :read: Just read all 13 chapters. It was delicious! :2thumbs:

First, I need to say that the slight against Mariah did not go unnoticed. :angry: She's one of my fave divas. :wub: I knew her when too. If you can't say anything nice.... :P

So Robert Pattinson doesn't do it for ya, eh? I don't get that either. :wacko:

How about Taylor Lautner from the same movie? :wub:

Oops! :off:

I remember seeing this title a while back and concluded...aliens. :sheep: Not for me.

But Neph was reading it.... ;)

Good job, young dude! :worship: Slade is my kind of alien. :wub: Sett's not bad either. :) In fact, your characters are superb!

I actually quite like Mariah Carey! It's just, I was kind of listening to one of her songs when I was writing that particular passage, and it got to her squealing/screaming/dolphin pitched moment and I thought of Rover and... I just couldn't resist : D.

NO I don't like Taylor Lautner. I hate everyone from that movie. Except Cam Gigandet <3. But he like, you know, died rather unattractively...

Anyways, I'm very glad you binged through the story and liked it, despite the very strange title?

Hey... don't bring me into this.... well... okay then, as it's you... and this is a great story that deserves exposure. There are so many little details that make this story come to life. There are some pretty heavy and frankly unbelievable things that happen but are presented in such an understated way to perfectly ordinary characters that you just accept them as being... well... normal.

This isn't one of those... hey I'm an alien and I am going to take you off in my spaceship and have some weird adventures in space.... kind of thing it is the extraordinary happening in an every day way to ordinary people... and that makes it... and them extraordinary.

I really am loving this story...and yeah... I have the hots for Slade. What can I say... I have a thing for green eyes.cwm27.gif

"Hey I'm an alien and I am going to take you off in my spaceship and have some weird adventures in space." Maybe I'm just a perv, but that sounds really sexy.

When I started writing this story, I didn't actually intend it to be that dark neither that extreme, but I guess as my last year of high school went by I got more and more angsty. I'm really honored that you like my story so much, Nephylim! <3

This is my favourite chapter so far. I love the description of the forest and the growing tension. It all built to the last four words. It's fabulous. I love the descriptions and I really really like Slade. He is so hot. I don't care where he comes from although it could raise interesting questions about.... connecting. :)

You have me hooked. I am really looking forward to reading the next chapter and starting to learn who Slade is & where he's from -- not that there isn't plenty of mystery still about Rover. I hope they get together at some point: they both seem so alone and certainly seem to have some mutual attraction. Keep up the good work!

John

Finally . . he dropped the 'a' bomb.

Good story !

Boom, boom, pow.

Lol, thank you rikkey2k!

Really good chapter! :2thumbs:

Just don't let it happen that some "alien thing" is living inside this (hot) body called Slade. :blink:

That sounds like a plan : D! Maybe we should make this "alien thing" carnivorous as well, to keep it you know, traditional.

You have me hooked. I am really looking forward to reading the next chapter and starting to learn who Slade is & where he's from -- not that there isn't plenty of mystery still about Rover. I hope they get together at some point: they both seem so alone and certainly seem to have some mutual attraction. Keep up the good work!

John

I'm glad you can sense the steamy, stickiness between them. As for a happily ever after? Who knows : )

Thanks and I will definitely keep it up!

This is my favourite chapter so far. I love the description of the forest and the growing tension. It all built to the last four words. It's fabulous. I love the descriptions and I really really like Slade. He is so hot. I don't care where he comes from although it could raise interesting questions about.... connecting. :)

As I never write my chapters in chronological order, this one was one of the first that I completed, when my head was still filled with inspiration. It's one of my favourite chapters too, so I'm thrilled that you like it as well : D! And yes, I tried to built the whole chapter and parts of the story around the last sentence too.

Background information may be coming soon. Thanks for your continuous support Nephylim!

• 3 weeks later...

Things in your story have always been a little whacky... that's why I like it. I hope that they are about to get whakier when Slade saves Rover... he IS going to right? wacko.gif I am completely hooked and I want to have more more more. I think Slade is one of the most believeable aliens I have met for the longest time and I am desperate to find out more about him. Get writing.

Things in your story have always been a little whacky... that's why I like it. I hope that they are about to get whakier when Slade saves Rover... he IS going to right? wacko.gif I am completely hooked and I want to have more more more. I think Slade is one of the most believeable aliens I have met for the longest time and I am desperate to find out more about him. Get writing.

Hiii!!! I think you might've missed Chap 16 : D. I think I forgot to mention I posted another just today. But here it is~

And no, Rover DOESN'T get saved >: C.