Open Club  ·  280 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

How Should the CAP Saga End?

i think one of the kids could be kidnapped by brian and whist for revenge on jp.

They're not nice men, but I doubt they would stoop to such things. They don't want to go to prison. They both like the good life. Prison would cramp their styles.

I guess the kids could have friends that went to Iraq. I think most of us have had at least one friend go there. If Mark's going to do the story, he needs to get at it from both sides.

Although I could, as mentioned before, see Lou becoming a war correspondent for CNN in Iraq. It would be a big career boster for Lou, and I could see Lou doing somethign crazy like that. He's not much for settling down roots.

I guess the kids could have friends that went to Iraq. I think most of us have had at least one friend go there. If Mark's going to do the story, he needs to get at it from both sides.

Although I could, as mentioned before, see Lou becoming a war correspondent for CNN in Iraq. It would be a big career boster for Lou, and I could see Lou doing somethign crazy like that. He's not much for settling down roots.

I can see that. Hot Lou in the desert, bringing relief to all those brave, horny soldiers.Posted Image "Perhaps I can interview you? You will need to remove your pants first."

I can see that. Hot Lou in the desert, bringing relief to all those brave, horny soldiers.Posted Image "Perhaps I can interview you? You will need to remove your pants first."

They'd probably do it too. He sounds hot enough to turn a straight guy.

That he does.

So, we're currently in summer 1999 for CAP. That means Darius is a rising senior, and looking at colleges. What college do you think he will go to? Will he go to Brad's alma matter, Yale, or will he go to Robbie's alma matter, Princeton? Or might he end up going to Stanford? What do you guys think?

For me, I don't really picture Darius staying in California. I can really see him going to an East Coast college. I think it'd be too funny if Brad and Robbie get a little pushy about trying to convince Darius to go their respective colleges- that's a pretty common parental emotion.

It would be really funny if Darius wound up going to UC Berkely, though.

So what's your guess as to where Darius will go to college? One things for sure, though- Darius is definitely going to go for a weekend visit with Matt at Stanford to "get a feel for the academics of the college". And possibly some sorority girl's boobs.Posted Image

Edited by methodwriter85

I don't see Darius doing a math deal- he seems destined to become a lawyer. Maybe he'll follow his uncle Darius and attend Princeton. I can see Will ending up a science/math guy- maybe Will could end up going to Virginia Tech University when he graduates high school in 2005. As for JJ, I see him at a party school with a decent figure skating club.

Yeah, a story about Wade and Matt's sophomore year of college should be good. And then maybe a story where Brad deals with pushing-40 angst, as well as the tech meltdown.

Then move on to seeing JJ and Will enter their college-age years. I'm seeing JJ as a lot like Stefan, just without the baggage or the flaming ways. I see them as having a similiar joie de vive. Will- I'm not sure yet if I think he's gay or straight. JJ pings the gaydar, but not Will just yet.

JJ is the skater. Will inherited Brad's talent for surfing. And even without the figure skating stuff, JJ really, really seems gay. I bet 1999 JJ is putting up pictures of the Backstreet Boys and Josh Hartnett as we speak...lol.

• 1 month later...

Speculating about the sexualities of the kids aside...here's one thing that is for certain. They're going to throw some SICK ragers in the 'bu for high school. And this song will be on the playlist, no doubt. (By '03, when they're in 11th grade, all of these kids are going to have IPods.)

I really like the beat for this. But point is, you can't really avoid hip-hop when it comes to that generation...it's a pervasive way of life. Unless you're going to a punkish/emo kid party, every high school and college generally features nothing but hip-hop music. It's going to be interesting seeing how preppy-as-hell Brad, Claire, and Robbie deal with their kids being into hip-hop. ESPECIALLY Claire. I can already imagine her horror at her daughting wanting to wear Juicy Couture sweatsuits, and the whale tail look. LOL.

Anyways, how do you guys think Brad and Stefan will deal with the coming dot-com bust? Also, where do y'all think Mark is going to send Darius to college? It's coming up. Will it be Stanford, Harvard, Princeton, Yale, or some place entirely different?

I like the idea of him going to Columbia University. It has a really good law program, and I think Darius will be a lawyer someday. The way he took his mother down in If It Fits? Man. Awesome stuff.

Speculating about the sexualities of the kids aside...here's one thing that is for certain. They're going to throw some SICK ragers in the 'bu for high school. And this song will be on the playlist, no doubt. (By '03, when they're in 11th grade, all of these kids are going to have IPods.)

[url="

I really like the beat for this. But point is, you can't really avoid hip-hop when it comes to that generation...it's a pervasive way of life. Unless you're going to a punkish/emo kid party, every high school and college generally features nothing but hip-hop music. It's going to be interesting seeing how preppy-as-hell Brad, Claire, and Robbie deal with their kids being into hip-hop. ESPECIALLY Claire. I can already imagine her horror at her daughting wanting to wear Juicy Couture sweatsuits, and the whale tail look. LOL.

Anyways, how do you guys think Brad and Stefan will deal with the coming dot-com bust? Also, where do y'all think Mark is going to send Darius to college? It's coming up. Will it be Stanford, Harvard, Princeton, Yale, or some place entirely different?

I like the idea of him going to Columbia University. It has a really good law program, and I think Darius will be a lawyer someday. The way he took his mother down in If It Fits? Man. Awesome stuff.

Raves. I'd almost forgotten about them. I'll have to work them in soon.

Raves. I'd almost forgotten about them. I'll have to work them in soon.

They peaked and sorta went on the wane while Matt is in college, right? (late 90's/early 00's)

I remember my sister used to promote the Philly rave scene circa 2000. I don't think they were popular anymore by the time I got to late high school/early college.

Adam Phillips, can you weigh in on this? Were raves still going strong during your college years?

Edited by methodwriter85

What other universities have good law schools? There are several...including one in Chicago, if I recall correctly--since someone from another board I'm on is going there currently. This might be a good poll question if we can get enough Uni's listed.

They peaked and sorta went on the wane while Matt is in college, right? (late 90's/early 00's)

I remember my sister used to promote the Philly rave scene circa 2000. I don't think they were popular anymore by the time I got to late high school/early college.

Adam Phillips, can you weigh in on this? Were raves still going strong during your college years?

Yeah. Adam the raver. I can just visualize him with a pacifier dancing to the techno music. Half-naked, of course.Posted Image

What other universities have good law schools? There are several...including one in Chicago, if I recall correctly--since someone from another board I'm on is going there currently. This might be a good poll question if we can get enough Uni's listed.

There's a good university in pretty much every major city...in the world.

Yeah. Adam the raver. I can just visualize him with a pacifier dancing to the techno music. Half-naked, of course.Posted Image

Don't forget Adam's body glitter and glowing lipstick...really adds to the sexy.Posted Image Nah, actually, I picture College Adam as the kinda guy who went to frat-like parties, only instead of frat kids, it was all the soccer players at his school. You know, they all sit around in their Tommy Hilfiger t-shirts over wifebeaters, baggy cargo pants, and black Adidas sandals, keying beers and such.

We're in 1999 now, right? Trends to know...

-Britney Spears and the pop princess explosion that included Christinia Aguilera, Mandy Moore, and Jessica Simpson. Blond girls singing pop is back in again. Accompanied by the explosion of boy bands- Backstreet Boys, N'Sync, 98 Degrees, LFO, and many others.

-Latin pop explosion. Ricky Martin, Enrique Iglesias, Marc Antony, Jennifer Lopez, etc.

-Electronic pets. Particularly Tamogotchi and Nanopets. Will and JJ are probably obsessed with their pets, like we were back in middle school.

-Pokemon. Seriously. Meet anyone who was in middle school circa 1999, and they or someone they knew was OBSESSED with it.

-Harry Potter. When it was still just a book.

-IMacs. Really seemed cool back then, and in retrospect signaled the major comeback of MacIntosh. Stefan and Brad will hopefully invest in Mac stock.

-Abercrombie and Fitch. Really, really explodes in popularity that year.

Anything else I'm missing?

-The Blair Witch Project. I feel like everyone and their mother saw that movie. Remember all the parodies people made?

Don't forget Adam's body glitter and glowing lipstick...really adds to the sexy.Posted Image Nah, actually, I picture College Adam as the kinda guy who went to frat-like parties, only instead of frat kids, it was all the soccer players at his school. You know, they all sit around in their Tommy Hilfiger t-shirts over wifebeaters, baggy cargo pants, and black Adidas sandals, keying beers and such.

We're in 1999 now, right? Trends to know...

-Britney Spears and the pop princess explosion that included Christinia Aguilera, Mandy Moore, and Jessica Simpson. Blond girls singing pop is back in again. Accompanied by the explosion of boy bands- Backstreet Boys, N'Sync, 98 Degrees, LFO, and many others.

-Latin pop explosion. Ricky Martin, Enrique Iglesias, Marc Antony, Jennifer Lopez, etc.

-Electronic pets. Particularly Tamogotchi and Nanopets. Will and JJ are probably obsessed with their pets, like we were back in middle school.

-Pokemon. Seriously. Meet anyone who was in middle school circa 1999, and they or someone they knew was OBSESSED with it.

-Harry Potter. When it was still just a book.

-IMacs. Really seemed cool back then, and in retrospect signaled the major comeback of MacIntosh. Stefan and Brad will hopefully invest in Mac stock.

-Abercrombie and Fitch. Really, really explodes in popularity that year.

Anything else I'm missing?

-The Blair Witch Project. I feel like everyone and their mother saw that movie. Remember all the parodies people made?

You saying Adam had a Tamagotchi and was a Pokemon Master?Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

There's a good university in pretty much every major city...in the world.

I don't know from raves. I was a Texas-suburban kid. We did field parties instead. I can't speak to raves. Never experienced such a thing.

So obviously, Jeremy, I can't speak to what was happening with that scene when I was in college. I ran with two crowds in college, and some members of them, oddly enough, tended by my upperclassman years to intermix at the focal point of my apartment. That would be the jocks and the brainers. The jocks liked alcohol, weed, sex, and sex, and the occasional athletic romp. The brainers liked weed, getting stoned and talking philosophy, sex, occasional forays into vegetarianism, getting stoned and playing chess, sex, sex, listening to classical music and John Coltrane and Miles Davis, fungi (the revelatory kind), sex, the outdoors, talking about epistemology, romping with funny kittens, and sex. Occasionally a guy had a dual membership like me, and occasionally a member of one group came to appreciate the way the other group partied. There wasn't enmity between the two groups. They got along fine. They just didn't always "get" each other fully. But the vibe between them was pleasant.

I guess raves were more of an East Coast/West Coast thing, then? I wasn't cool enough, but I knew kids who snuck out to raves when we were 15. Maybe Will and JJ will hit one in Los Angeles at some point? Assuming in high school they make friends with older kids. I can't see Robbie or Brad being all that parental about that considering what they got up to in high school. Or Matt and Wade can hit one in San Francisco? I remember the clothing my sisters and her friends wore for it- baggy, brightly colored cargo pants, visors, wifebeaters, the pacifers, the glow sticks, and candy necklaces for some.

I guess raves were more of an East Coast/West Coast thing, then? I wasn't cool enough, but I knew kids who snuck out to raves when we were 15. Maybe Will and JJ will hit one in Los Angeles at some point? Assuming in high school they make friends with older kids. I can't see Robbie or Brad being all that parental about that considering what they got up to in high school. Or Matt and Wade can hit one in San Francisco? I remember the clothing my sisters and her friends wore for it- baggy, brightly colored cargo pants, visors, wifebeaters, the pacifers, the glow sticks, and candy necklaces for some.

I went to a few when I was in my 30s. They were fun, and interesting.

hmm.. 1999

The Rise of AOL and the AOL Chat Rooms!

And we all know the bad things that came out of that!

And then shortly, we have the introduction of the Xbox (nov 2001), Playstation 2 (July 2000), and whatever handheld Nintendo had at the time.

And I am surprised that Mark has not addressed the irrational panic called Y2k Scare!:wacko:

I have my guns, ammo, food, water and fuel STILL in my bunker... Along with the duct tape and plastic sheeting!

Shortly into 2000, Feb 13, U.S. Male Figure Skating championship... Does JJ win? :lol:

University of Michigan seems to hang out in the top 5 of law schools... and it is a GORGEOUS campus (not that I'm biased), very gay affirming/friendly, and also close to Chicago and... Ohio.

Course, NYC is NYC.

Mike, JJ will be 14 in 2000. He's good, but guys that age don't compete on that high of a level yet. I asked around....male figure skaters hit their prime in their early to mid-20's. That means he will likely compete in the 2006 and 2010 Olympics. Hopefully he'll bump into Jeremy Bloom...geez, that guy is hot.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know from raves. I was a Texas-suburban kid. We did field parties instead. I can't speak to raves. Never experienced such a thing.

I actually had a conversation with a girl from the White Rock Lake area of Dallas who told me about a rave club in Dallas called After Life. I guess raves actually became more of a thing AFTER your youth in in your area. Here, they were popular around 1999-2002, but then seemed to die out.

It's kinda interesting to wonder about what this next generation of kids will get into as they come-of-age in the 2000's.

What if Will got into parkour? It 's a pretty interesting subulture that emerged in the past decade, and it'd be a way to make Will his own character instead of just having him be into surfing like his father. I can see parkour being something that a guy like Will could be into- it's almost poetry, the way these guys work:

There is no way in hell JJ would ever dirty himself like that, fussy fella that he is, but I can see the quiet intensity that Will has working for something like parkour.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..