The Scrolls of Icaria

The long awaited Chapter 33 has been posted.

Yes it has! It was a great chapter too. It's nice to see the relationship between Jamie and Niklas develop even more in this chapter. I'm also interested in finding out what the plan is. It also seems like we're leading up to a time when the empire falls. I'm looking forward to seeing how it happens.
  • Like 1

Yes it has! It was a great chapter too. It's nice to see the relationship between Jamie and Niklas develop even more in this chapter. I'm also interested in finding out what the plan is. It also seems like we're leading up to a time when the empire falls. I'm looking forward to seeing how it happens.

I disagree. It wasn't great. It was fantabulous!

So the Ghadar had mice too. You know what the most often heard nest talk around there in the mornings. "Hey! That better be a finger your poking me in the back with!":funny:

And there were others that received special training also. But in what I wonder. And those that disappeared I don't suppose were sent to expedition and service. So much said with so few words. The IDS. Icarian Disposal Service. Somewhere there is a horrible place where little angel boys are disposed of.

And both Jamie and Nic had their first kiss. Albiet one sided in delivery. But we know from earlier chapters that sleeping together "felt right, felt like it had always been" So they will obviously have long visits and short plans before the great event.

Great chapter Jamie!

• Like 1

Yes, the gahdar had their version of 'mice', but they were referred to as 'nestlings'.

O,O I think I acknowledged that by saying "nest talk" I was drawing a correlation.

• Like 1

Thanks guys for the kind words about 33.

Yes the nestlings/mice cute little angels unfortunately not always treated so nicely.

You bring out a very important point Ricky. What kind of civilization would dispose of beautiful creatures like this? They're an evil lot aren't they?

Talonrider is by far the TSOI expert. Posted Image He knows more about it than the author. Posted Image Would you believe when I'm desperate to remember something I ask him! He usually instantly gives me the reference Posted Image and I don't have to go back and look at what I wrote. He's a walking TSOI encyclopedia! How lazy of me.Posted Image But how nice of him... My deep thanks to the Beta Boys... Talonrider and Ricky the unsung heros of TSOI! Posted Image You know I couldn't do it without you...Posted Image

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

I'm proud to be a member of Jamie's team. Besides my beta reading duties, I'm also going back thru the posted chapters cleaning up the things that slipped past. Book 1 has been done and reposted at AwesomeDude so anyone reading them now, see's a cleaner chapter.

As a result, Jamie has given me a new nickname, Renaud. Yes, I know he's known as the "Angel of Death", but he also has a 'eagle eyes'. Rick and I joined the team late in Book 2, Part 2.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I'm really proud to be a beta reader. And Renaud fits Garam Sarr. He is in fact a walking encyclopedia. Which reminds me, we have more names to add to the cast list from this chapter.

And yes Jamie. These humans are an unsavory bunch. You can not create a sentient being and treat them as chattel. The games are bad enough but to wholesale slaughter them as tissue from the box after a sneeze is unconscionable.

Death to the empire!

Now, if they tasted like chicken . . .:blink:

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Garam Sarr is a reference to the dreaded Red and Black. It also plays into my Bird of Prey persona.

The character list is something that will be worked on and updated.

• Like 1

Jamie,

I just got done listening to your narration of CH 33. :wub:

Absolutely fantastic. Your ever so slight, just sexy enough accent and the pronunciations you chose for a few words like David and Jerome just sends it over the top. :wacko:

I understand that it will take a bit to do the other 106 chapters but that's ok, I'll wait. :worship:

Have you started yet? :read:

How about now? :read:

Chapter one done yet? :read:

My mother always said it's not nice to tease. :( So are you nice? :blink:

• Like 1

That is a sexy voice! :wub:

Hee lllll ooooooo! Doesn't Anyone believe me when "I" said so?

Did I use too big of a word for you? As in SSSSexy!

One too many "s's" perhaps!? :blink:

• Like 1

Congratulations on the award, Jamie! You really deserve it. TSOI is among my favorite stories anywhere! Everyone owes it to themselves to read this wonderful story!

Ya, what HE said!

• Like 1

I just read it. This was a great chapter. It looks like the plan is about to reach fruition. The empire has created its own destruction. I venture to say that Jamie's plan may very well strike at the emperor himself. I'm definitely looking forward to finding out what happens.

Also, I listened to the audio as I read. :wub:

Edited by Tiger
  • Like 1
  • Site Moderator

Alright! Back on schedule. Loving it. Now have to go give a listen to that sssexy voice.

Cheers.:great:

Actually, Jamie had it released a week early.
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...