The Scrolls of Icaria

It does promise to be exciting. It will be the first action done by Jamie. It will be good to see how he grows from it.

It has brought a lot of questions forward. Hipolito has intimated that they are aware of Jamie and his skills. At least in language. It also means the schoenfen are duplicitous.

But I still want for Jamie to get his first "real" kiss, then to blow something up like a prison wall. B)

Something tells me we will never get to see or hear about the performance with the marvelous stage.:(

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

But I still want for Jamie to get his first "real" kiss, then to blow something up like a prison wall. B)

Something tells me we will never get to see or hear about the performance with the marvelous stage.:(

My thinking is that the kiss will happen in the palace garden. And this was the night that Hippolito caught Jamie and Nic together. We've known for a long time that something occurred. This goes all the way back to when Phillipe was telling his version of what happened.

With all the time Jamie has spent writing about the birthday celebration, I don't think he'd disappoint us by not including this special performance.

• Like 1

remember that back in book one chapter 2 or 3. When Jamie lays now next to nick he mentions the familiarity of it. Like it was something they had done a lot of in the past.

So although it could just mean before he absorbed the orb. But I took it to mean for a while before the great cold sleep. I could be wrong however.

I just wonder if the explosion that occurred shortly thereafter was actually the fireworks he felt when it happened. lol

• Like 1

Sorry if I'm imposing, but this Sunday I have part 1 of 3 of my interview with Jamie, the author of The Scrolls of Icaria. You can see it along with my many other interviews at http://risingup.phoenix-writing.com

Imposing? The imposition would be in not warning us in enough time to schedule it!

I'm putting it my calendar. :great:

Thanks! And by the way, Comically was well done and completely enjoyable. You see I haven't gotten to his inner circle yet so it was really cool to learn more about him without setting off his early warning system. haha He has a wicked sense of humor. Thanks.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Chapter 35 blew me away. It's shocking.

I can't help but wonder what Charles is up to. Whose side is he really on? Jamie, in the future, wants him dead, so it has to be something to do with Castor. And from what was said, Charles already seems to know of Jamie's abilities, and it sounds like there's some kind of computer virus that he wants in Jamie's head, at least that's what I gathered from that part. It's a scary thought.

I will definitely be ready for the next chapter.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

What a fantastic Chapter. I think we should call this the love chapter. The Corinthians of TSOI.

I think it rivals the dance of defiance chapter. 26 was it?

Well done Jamie!

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Everyone is invited to the birthday celebrations this weekend.

What birthday celebration? Your birthday is December 16th.

What did I miss, damn, I'm always the last to know. Is that by accident? I ask you. :blink:

Do we know the birthday of the story? Or rather when Jamie decanted the first chapter?

• Like 1

What birthday celebration? Your birthday is December 16th.

What did I miss, damn, I'm always the last to know. Is that by accident? I ask you. :blink:

Do we know the birthday of the story? Or rather when Jamie decanted the first chapter?

The emperor's birthday is what Jan obviously means, Ricky. ;)
  • Like 1
  • Site Moderator

If you notice, I used celebrations and not celebration. Those following the story, know that the emperor's birthday is coming, but his is not the only one being celebrated.

Not steal anything way from here, but The Talon House, where there is some active discussion going on about TSOI, just turned six this week.

• Like 1

The emperor's birthday is what Jan obviously means, Ricky. ;)

DOH! :wacko: Premature Brain Death!

And Congrats Talonrider! (That's I think that makes me look 'a little' less brain dead.) :(

:P

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

What an ending... and people accuse me of cliffhangers!

I agree, that was enough to piss off the pope.

And Jamie said he only had one "real" cliff hanger in the story and that was Charles. (Well in his defense, he did say 'So Far'.)

:angry:

It makes the next installment tastier though. Unless he does a switch in the story line like he did with Charles and Jamie.

I love a good mystery but hate the ones that solve it by bringing forth key information that was not available to the reader but was to the investigator. I think it's great when all the clues are there and the mystery still unfolds and is not solved until the very end.

Any way this goes though, this is superb. :worship:

• Like 1

Looks like there could be some stiff competition for the GA 2010 Readers Choice Awards for this chapter.

You mean that Mark Arbour may lose his crown for cliff Hanger King? (Or queen as the case may be)

:funny:

• Like 1

That was definitely a cliffhanger. Not even CJ's cliffhangers are at that level. I'm definitely on the edge of my seat. From the looks of it, we have another chapter or two left before the end of Part 3, and I have no doubt that there's going to be a lot of action and indeed a lot of death. As I recall Trio Chrysalis as never mentioned until Part 2, so it makes me wonder if all three of them die or if Jamie saves them somehow. There deaths have seemingly been foreshadowed, because Jamie makes some kind of comment in every chapter about how they're risking their lives.

• Like 1