The Scrolls of Icaria

• Site Moderator

That was definitely a cliffhanger. Not even CJ's cliffhangers are at that level. I'm definitely on the edge of my seat. From the looks of it, we have another chapter or two left before the end of Part 3, and I have no doubt that there's going to be a lot of action and indeed a lot of death. As I recall Trio Chrysalis as never mentioned until Part 2, so it makes me wonder if all three of them die or if Jamie saves them somehow. There deaths have seemingly been foreshadowed, because Jamie makes some kind of comment in every chapter about how they're risking their lives.

There is two chapters left to part, then we hit the Interlude before we get to the other cliff that we've been hanging from for well over a year.

Originally, I didn't think we'd know what happened to Trio Chrysalis. Now I'm thinking, after chapter 40, that they may go out in a blaze of glory. The reason that Jamie kept reminding them of the risk was their penchant for getting into trouble. They do love to have their fun.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

That was a gruesome chapter but good nonetheless. The Gates of Hell, as expected, were most unpleasant. However, the fighting is quite similar to how such battles were fought in the Colosseum and other arenas throughout the Roman Empire. I also think this chapter is meant to be a preview of the next chapter's bloodshed. I have a feeling that the Gahdar won't be the only ones shedding blood. Jamie too is going to get a taste of creating such carnage.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...