Open Club  ·  280 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

The CAP Timeline

I just realized that Tonto is actually J.J.'s GREAT-grandmother. Man though, that J.J. has some complicated geneaology. I would pity the guy for having to do a family tree. His cousins Marie and John will have it much easier.

nope, these sort of family trees occur all the time in history (today is a different matter). That a man (Jim) espouses his first cousin's daughter, is quite possible, and happened often in the past - both in commoner communities where class distinctions and inward-orientation caused clannishness, as well as within aristocracy.

In all states, a man is allowed to marry his dirst cousin's daughter - there is no real incest in that. Some restrictive US states proscribe marriages between full first cousins (which is sorta old-fashioned restriction, coming from eras of control) while the rest of US states allow full first cousins to marry. That's the demarcation line - and thusly, nowhere in USA is any proscription against once-removed-first cousin's marriage.

I am very aware of several clannish groups researched by me, where many marriages took place between second cousins or first cousins once removed, or approx that level of consanguinity.

and consequently, children of such marriages had similar ancestry trees as JJ.

parents of Gail and John

Gail 'Tonto' - - - her brother John 'Jack'

William

Beatrice r Jim (Jack's son)

JJ

see, nothing at all difficult in drawing the family tree.

---------------

is the following possibly in some way difficult:

Francis of Coburg, duke

duchess Victoria - - her brother Ernest, duke of Coburg and Gotha

queen Alexandrina Victoria m her first cousin Albert, prince consort (son of Ernest)

'Victoria of the United Kingdom'

Edward VII and his 8 siblings

------------------

or the following:

Maria Luisa of Parma, queen consort of Spain

Maria Isabella of Spain, queen consort of Sicily

Luisa of Sicily - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - her sister Maria Cristina of Sicily, queen consort and regent of Spain

m her maternal uncle infante don Francisco, youngest son of Maria Luisa of Parma - - m her maternal uncle, king don Fernando VII, eldest surviving son of Maria Luisa of Parma

infante don Francisco,

king-consort of Spain m his first cousin, Isabel II, queen regnant of Spain (daughter of Maria Cristina and Fernando VII)

technically, a number of children....

Edited by Enric
  • Like 1

Even though I've been reading this story from the begining, you guys are making my head spin here. I'm glad somebody else took charge of tracking all this so that I don't have to! Wgen you write a comples saga like this one; it's really easy to slip up on the character's names... to say nothing of the birthdays!Posted Image

you can see from all this they needed a little infidelity to broaden the gene pool......

as far as complex family structures mine is boringly straight (until me anyway). however my partners is deliciously complex - he's done his tree back to the mid17th century and by descent he could have claims on Westchester County(US), Aquitiane (France), and the Duchy of Cornwall(UK) among others. his mob were happy to do anyone anytime!

as far as CAP; yep Nick needs his comuppance and having his son turn into a slobbering idiot over JJ would work out well. and of course there would be the inveitable proof that said son was not father by Nick as Nick is impotent, a fact that does not help his political "career". Then who fathered Nick's son???? Obviously Tonto's unknown lover (hmm chronology has run amuck at this point), perhaps tonto's unknown lover's son's the father?

you can see from all this they needed a little infidelity to broaden the gene pool......

as far as complex family structures mine is boringly straight (until me anyway). however my partners is deliciously complex - he's done his tree back to the mid17th century and by descent he could have claims on Westchester County(US), Aquitiane (France), and the Duchy of Cornwall(UK) among others. his mob were happy to do anyone anytime!

as far as CAP; yep Nick needs his comuppance and having his son turn into a slobbering idiot over JJ would work out well. and of course there would be the inveitable proof that said son was not father by Nick as Nick is impotent, a fact that does not help his political "career". Then who fathered Nick's son???? Obviously Tonto's unknown lover (hmm chronology has run amuck at this point), perhaps tonto's unknown lover's son's the father?

Well, the next chapter is on it's way to Joe, so you'll find out soon.Posted Image

• 2 months later...

A lot of writers will make a so-called "timeline" for their story, because it's a handy way to keep from messing up continuity, and it's fun little trivia for fans of a series. I thought I would go ahead and make one for Mark. It'll be refined and updated as I go back and read the stories to get a better picture, but...here are important dates and events in the CAP universe. And I'd like to ask for help as well- if you find a specific date for an event and think it's important for the timeline, let me know, and if I think it's important enough, I'll edit to include it!

CAP TIMELINE

June 20, 1936: J.P. Crampton is born, the result of an affair.

late 1944/early 1945: Steven Schluter dies in World War II.

1945: Stefan is born, sometime after his father has already died in the war.

November 12, 1945: Jeff Hayes is born.

1962-1963 School Year: J.P. begins working as an associate professer at Northwestern University in Chicago.

Early 1960's: Billy Schluter dies at sea.

October 4, 1962: Brad Schluter is born

March 6, 1963: Ace is born to Isidore, having been fathered by J.P.'s lover Andre.

March 1963: Robbie Hayes is born, the youngest of three children.

Dec 1962: Andre killed in action?

I am just reading CAP now, so maybe this is a mistake (which would be great) but in case it is real...

And I'm already sad, seeing that Jeff is going to die of an overdose. Sniff.

Right. Good one to add. And I agree about Jeff dying of an overdose, and then his son dying in a car accident just shy of his 16th birthday. Sad.Robbie and father Frank did a great job with ending the self-destructive cycle of the Hayes Curse. Marcel almost brought it back with his heroin overdose, but I think Mark realized what would happened if he killed off Jeff's second son the same way. Wouldn't have been pretty, all I'm saying. And of course, Matt Carrswold didn't grow up as a Hayes, so he escaped the Curse completely and totally.

Edited by methodwriter85

Right. Good one to add. And I agree about Jeff dying of an overdose, and then his son dying in a car accident just shy of his 16th birthday. Sad.Robbie and father Frank did a great job with ending the self-destructive cycle of the Hayes Curse. Marcel almost brought it back with his heroin overdose, but I think Mark realized what would happened if he killed off Jeff's second son the same way. Wouldn't have been pretty, all I'm saying. And of course, Matt Carrswold didn't grow up as a Hayes, so he escaped the Curse completely and totally.

ACK!!! I'm not there yet!

Here's another one. Thank goodness for Marathon Monday here in Boston, or I'd be in deep doo doo. I'm totally sucked into this story.

April 1963: Billy Schulter dies at sea on USS Thresher

I think where it is located now on the timeline makes it seem like Billy died before Andre...

I could have gotten away with that. No one really likes Marcel.Posted Image

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

So it looks like we might have reason to add to the timeline, god bless Wade and Matt and their horny little hearts.:2thumbs: I wonder if this will be the start of another baby boom in the family- the last one was in the mid/late 1980's. Maybe Ace and Cass will think about giving little Courtney a little sister or brother. Or Jack and Claire might think about a third child. I'm sure that Max and Tim will have kids.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah. Hoskins has tried, but yeah- the only purely nuclear family branches I can think of in the CAP saga would be Claire and Jack's, Tonto and Barry with Steven and Jim, and Nick and his wife and their two sons. Everyone else is either adopted, illegitimate, or the result of a gay man and his boyfriend deciding to have sex with a chick.

• 2 months later...

I decided to come up with birthdates for Ella, Gathan, and Zach...I feel like they're going to be important characters. If they aren't- eh, I can always take it out later. I had to work out their ages because of the whole high school grade thing, and see where they stood against the Schluter boys and the Hobarts.

We're going with June 25th, 1982 as Gathan's birthday. He'll graduate high school in 2000. August 8th, 1983 is Ella's birthday. And she'll graduate high school in 2001. Finally Zach's birthday is May 30th, 1985, and he'll graduate high school in 2003, a year ahead of the trifecta of JJ/Marie/Will.

We still need a birthday for Wade. Does anyone feel like going back over Bloodlines to see if there was any mention of Wade turning 19 that spring semester like Matt did?

Mark, aren't you glad I keep track of this stuff?:D

• 1 month later...

I may have you revise that again.:D I'll keep you posted.

Heh. And here I was, thinking November 1st was a good date to squeeze in John's birthday.

Would I have to go younger or older here? Anything from March to July is out now, in order to keep John twelve years old. And I would assume that it would also take out August and September, since Will seems to imply that he's at least a full year older than John because he doesn't consider himself the same age.

October has Brad and Claire's birthdays. December has JJ's birthday. January has Darius's birthdate. There's no one currently alive in the story that has a November birthday. And if I pushed John's birthdate back to 1988 or something, that would put him in the class of 2006 and therefore two years behind the JJ/Marie/Will trifectka.

• 2 weeks later...

John's birthdate has been revised to July 21st, 1987.

I still think it's weird for Will to act like they're not the same age with only a 10-month difference, but whatever. It's Mark's call here.

I also pushed back Gathan and Ella's birthdate by a few weeks.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • 1 month later...

I think it's perfectly reasonable for WIll to act like that. 10 months is, what, 7% of your total life at 13? *does the math* okay, 6.4%. Still, a pretty big chunk of life difference. And they also grew up together. 10 months is a much bigger gap at 2-3 years old, when (if I remember my developmental psychology right) they would have begun establishing their relational identities. At that time, they would have thought of themselves as a year apart, and probably just haven't thought about it since.

Good point. And since Will was born in 1986, and John was born in 1987, that would pretty seal the feeling of them feeling like different ages since they were born in different years. Although in my case, I was born in December, so I tend to identify more with people who were born in 1986 because for most of the year, I'm the same age as them. I bet JJ would feel the same way, since he didn't get placed in the class of 2003 like Zach did. He's in class of '04 which averages out to people born in 1986.

It's weird, in a way. These are my contemporaries, yet they're 13/14 years old. I'm not sure how to describe it, but it's just kinda weird that my contemporaries are in the story and they're all in 8th/9th grade.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..