• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A great, if terrifying chapter Nephy.

I was wondering, I really was, if this was going to happpen. The things you've said in posts and review replies hinted at it. But reading the Chapter Title, and the scene in the bedroom with Silver talking about the van and the people and River's promise, I knew it. You've got me though, as much as I am dreading what will happen to River and Silver I'll waiting with bells on for the next chapter.

Best Wishes,

Nightowl.

P.S I'll right there with Jamie lol.

Aww thanks guys. I really really loved this story and I fell so hopelessly in love with the characters. The problem is... the more I love a character the more I tend to torture them... mentally and physically :P

You always hurt the one you love

The one you shouldn't hurt at all

You always take the sweetest rose

And crush it 'till the petals fall... one... by... one Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

The last two chapter have been great nephy, sorry I didn't get ehre to comment on the last one, its been...hectic lol.

I like the name Mathew, the picture I have of Silver goes good with that name, I just hope he lives long enough to get to use it again. You are a terrible tease though, which I can't talk considering the wayI ended my most recent chapter lol. But seriously you have my nomination for Cliffhanger Queen in the next RCA's. I sympathize with River, I'm not (normally) a violent person but given the chance Faith and his goons would have been trused up like slaves and...well lets just say I'd be checking for jumper cables in the cars and unstrapping those car batteries...and I'm sure there would be a rusty pip somewhere around there...I suck at baseball but I ahve great batting skils...

Looking forward to the next chapter,

Best Wishes,

NightOwl

The last two chapter have been great nephy, sorry I didn't get ehre to comment on the last one, its been...hectic lol.

I like the name Mathew, the picture I have of Silver goes good with that name, I just hope he lives long enough to get to use it again. You are a terrible tease though, which I can't talk considering the wayI ended my most recent chapter lol. But seriously you have my nomination for Cliffhanger Queen in the next RCA's. I sympathize with River, I'm not (normally) a violent person but given the chance Faith and his goons would have been trused up like slaves and...well lets just say I'd be checking for jumper cables in the cars and unstrapping those car batteries...and I'm sure there would be a rusty pip somewhere around there...I suck at baseball but I ahve great batting skils...

Looking forward to the next chapter,

Best Wishes,

NightOwl

You do make me laugh :) Don't worry River gets his chance for revenge... of a kind... sort of... eventually. he's in for a really bad time for a while thought. Fortunately a new friend arrives just in time to comfort him. :)

Remind me not to piss you off :P

I have actually painted a picture of Silver. He's in the gallery. That's my image... but if you have your own it's probably best not to look :)

I used the Matthew deliberately for all sorts of reasons. As to whether Silver ever gets to be Matthew again... you'll have to wait and see. You know what I'm like Posted Image

You do make me laugh Posted Image Don't worry River gets his chance for revenge... of a kind... sort of... eventually. he's in for a really bad time for a while thought. Fortunately a new friend arrives just in time to comfort him. Posted Image

Remind me not to piss you off Posted Image

I have actually painted a picture of Silver. He's in the gallery. That's my image... but if you have your own it's probably best not to look Posted Image

I used the Matthew deliberately for all sorts of reasons. As to whether Silver ever gets to be Matthew again... you'll have to wait and see. You know what I'm like Posted Image

I aim to please lol, i like making people laugh. I'm sure River does, and I am interesting in seeing what our meek carer doles out. Of course he is in for a rough time, the love of his life is about to DIE lol. A new friend, interesting. OMG You can't tell Julia, girl would have FITS if she found out lol.

I saw your image it was very nice, though slightly paler then the my vision of Silver/Mathew but everything else matches up.

No worries Sister Nephylim...it takes a lot to make me violent....that has only ever happened twice in the last five or six years...once willingly and once accidentlly, though i don't regret either occurance.

Your reply to my review surprised...haven't seen the last of Faith, oddly enough that doesn't worry me...though with you it should.

Dont worry bout my sanity, after a few smacks to the head and a pep talk i got over it lol.

Luv yea Nephy.

best,

NightOwl

You violent? Shock :P

Faith was such an awesome character. He was deliberately meant to be a foil for Silver. He's a comparison. Being a solicitor I get to see a lot of people and many of them seek to rely on things that happened in their past to excuse what they are or what they've done. Silver and Faith have had very sililar paths. If anything Silver has had it much worse than Faith but Silver could NEVER do what Faith does.

Faith is deliciously evil and I just couldn't kill him off... not yet.

Unfortunately we don't see Julia again in this story but in the sequel she might just make a guest appearance. Poor River needs her. He goes through a terrible time with the new man in his life.

Okay, so I am only half-way through the published chapters. So what? I'm savoring this story. And it is very much worth savoring. River and Silver are among the most three-dimensional characters I've seen in a long time...although there's still something ethereal about Silver. (Wouldn't it be a kick if River turned out to be the ethereal character?) Nephylim's various foils, secondary characters, are so well done. They're just substantial enough to fill their roles without distracting us from what's really important.

You know me hun... there are more twists and turns in my stories than there are on welsh mountain roads. How do you define ephemeral? I am glad you are reading slowly and savouring because this is absolutely my favourite story out of all the ones I have written. I love it so much that I am currently writing a sequel. I am so so glad you like Silver and River. I am totally and absolutely in love with Silver... and you know what I do with characters I love... it's murder :P

lol I love that little smily line up, its so cute.

I really liked the most recent chapter, I may hate the emotional rollercoaster but I love it at the same time, does that make me strange, if so good. I'm still looking forward to what happens to Faith and potentially the Master....who against my will.....interests me.

best Wishes,

NightOwl

Emontional rollercoaster. I don't know where you got that from. This was supposed to be a relaxed and straightforward recap of the story so far so that it can move on from here.

Nephy is a very straightforward writer and doesn't do emotions much. Keep repeating that over and over while staring unblinkingly at a spinning coin. It might help with the next chapter. We meet someone new... two someone news acutally and someone gets a... oh bugger it... I'll just go and post a new chapter and you'll see for yourself.

Unfortunately I have no idea how to do a link to the specific chapter and the only reason I can put in a link at all is because Rilbur very kindly sent it to me and I've saved it :)

My link

Emontional rollercoaster. I don't know where you got that from. This was supposed to be a relaxed and straightforward recap of the story so far so that it can move on from here.

Nephy is a very straightforward writer and doesn't do emotions much. Keep repeating that over and over while staring unblinkingly at a spinning coin. It might help with the next chapter. We meet someone new... two someone news acutally and someone gets a... oh bugger it... I'll just go and post a new chapter and you'll see for yourself.

Unfortunately I have no idea how to do a link to the specific chapter and the only reason I can put in a link at all is because Rilbur very kindly sent it to me and I've saved it Posted Image

My link

I meant the story over all Nephy, but I realize I wasn't very clear, i appologize. You didn't need to post a new chapter just to clarify, but it's cool that you did. It's going to be a long day, Ima need a pick me up.

Best,

NightOwl

Hey Nephy,

Sorry I didn't get here sooner, its been a hectic couple of days.

The most recent two chapters were very nice, I like Sam, he's a sweet guy, sorry to hear about his son though, thats tragic. I really like Silver's attitude toward's the hospital, his speech toward the end of the most recent chapter was my favorite part. I really liked the intro of his parent's you described them really well. I hope that over time they get to be on good terms with eachother, thats a long period to be away.

Faith and the Master getting away is a very ominous note, i can't help but hope that we see the Master at some point, he intrigues me...but that might be more because of the use of the words 'Master'Posted Image

Hmmm.... you like the term 'Master' eh? How about 'Mistress'? I'm glad you liked these chapters. It was time to go inward for a while after all the action going on outside.

Silver's parents are really cool people. They only play supporting roles but they come out more in Book II ... at least I think they do :)

Silver is growing as a character and this is when he really, really started to open up to me. I think this is the point I really fell in love with him and he starts to fly. After this it gets ... interesting especially when River experiences some of the skills Silver picked up in his past.

I am glad you are still liking this.

Mistress is a good one too, but it doesn't have the same apeal of Master...at least not to me, Posted Image take that anyway you want it. I'm enjoying the story I just had a few rough patches to work over, I look forward to reading more.

Next chapter is up and this one is a doozy Posted Image

My link

PS if anyone cal tell me... in easy one syllable words.... how to put in a link to the actual chapter i would be very grateful Posted Image

Thats easy Nephy, once the chapter is on the screen copy the URL from the task bar. When you want to put it in a message type the follpwing

[ url = URL HERE ] Chapter title here [ / url ] just erase the double spaces

Can't wait to read the new chapter, might take me a bit, I'm expecting to have my kids tonight.

Hey Nephy,

sorry it has taken me so long to get here, I've been, well I've been running ragged again.

I really liked last two chapters. The fight scene with Faith, Silver, and River was avery tense, very emotional, SO up to your standards of suspence. I really like Sam, he is a good charecter, I look forward to seeing him in Enigma two. For some reason i felt a little sad at hearing that Silver's parents are leaving, even though we haven't seen much of them. Though the chapter where they go to visit his folks is one I really want to read, if it happens that is.

Shadows looming huh...that doesn't sound good. i mean what else can you do, Faith is dead, the Master has moved on...I can't wait.

Best,

nightOwl

Lovely to see you here Owl, especially as it seems to be just the two of us. It's quite sad in a way that no one else comes in here as the company is always so good :)

I don't know whether anyone else agrees but I think that last few chapters are some of the best in the story. I really hope that there will be real surprises. I like to keep em guessing right to the end :)