Here is where we learn that there really are no happy endings... only happy for now's. Silver is drifting away and River makes a last ditch attempt to save the realtionship before he loses him for good.

I think that this chapter is a real tear jerker but there is a fine line between being emotional and being sentimental. Let me know if I manage to skate on the right side of sentimentality.

My link

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovely to see you here Owl, especially as it seems to be just the two of us. It's quite sad in a way that no one else comes in here as the company is always so good Posted Image

I don't know whether anyone else agrees but I think that last few chapters are some of the best in the story. I really hope that there will be real surprises. I like to keep em guessing right to the end Posted Image

I've noticed that too Nephy and I don't understand it, i mean this story is so wonderful, you are getting a lot of reviews though so i guess it balances out. I agree with you, the last few chapters have been some of the absolute best of the entire story.

The most recent chapter, I think you hit the sentimental perfectly. It was a gutsy move on Rivers part, gutsy and brilliant, and I'm glad to see that it seems to have worked. i look forward to seeing what you do with the next two chapters.

Best,

NightOwl

I am glad that the most recent chapter got the sentimentality right.

I didn't think that we should just leave Daivd without giving him a proper send off. After all he had a very key part to play and we never really saw him at all. I think it's very true that although we eed to set out sights on the future we have to look to the past sometimes to be able to see it clearly.

Will Silver be okay now? Will their relationship get back on track? Will there be a happy ending? Are there ever any happy endings. the most that anyone can hope for is a happy for now. For the first time ever with any story I have written the story of River and Silver didn't just end at the end of this story. I am 3/4 of the way through book 2 in which Silver gets a voice. So the end really isn't an ending, just an ending for now. But we aren't there yet. There is still more to come and only two chapters to do it in. Hmm :) it's never over until it's over.

I agree with what you said Nephy. In reality I was sort of hoping for something of the sort, i agree, it didn't feel right. Happy for Now, I like that. Can I use that? I think I'll have the perfect place for that line in my next M&J chapter lol.

Of course you can use it hun. Take what you want. Is there anything more flattering to a writer than having another writer they respect want to use something they've written? If there is I can't think of it :)

• 2 weeks later...

The most recent chapter was great Nephylim, I like David's brother, he seems pretty nice. I'm glad the way you did this, with David's family being *people of god* I think the experiance is a great reverse with what you did with Nikki's family and them being spurned by the church/religion and everything. It makes for a great healing process stuff. I love what you did with the picture at the end of the chapter, it was just so....I don't even have the right word, it was just great.

I'm looking forward to the end chapter and the epilogue, as well as Enigma 2.

BEst,

NightOwl

I am so glad you liked this chapter and all the ones before. You've kept it alive for me. In the next chapter and the Epilogue... which is actually kind of a continuation of the last chapter so I'll post them both togeteher, you'll get a taste of Silver 'special' talents, mote of which we'll see in book 2

What is there to say... the end has come... for now.

Enigma II is in production when River gets a new man and Silver has to move out because of it. Will their love survive, especially when Silver goes back to the life he knows best and meets some new characters that will blow your socks off. If you want to see Silver in leather and discover some of the skills he's only hinted at... then watch this space ;)

My link

Now that it's over tell me what you thought of it, of the characters, the situation. Who did you like the best and why? What character apart from River and Silver did you like? What character (apart from Faith) did you hate? Which characters would you like to see in Enigma II?

Just talk to me people :)

Great Ending Nephy, I loved it.

I can't really specify all that much. I loved River and Silver of course. I liked Julia *I hope thats the right one* a lot she was just great. I didn't really hate anyone, except Faith.

Your forshadowing about Enigma II is ominous and a little disconcerting. River getting a new man after everything he's said to Silver...just SHAMEFUL lol. jk. I look forward to seeing where you are going with Enigma II. Great story.

BEst Wishes

NightOwl

Great Ending for Enigma, Nephy. This is probably my favorite story from you (Except for Hostage). Let's see character I want to see in Enigma II:

Faith: Maybe some dark flashbacks featuring Faith "conditioning" Silver or Faith's time as a slave himself.

Julia: Maybe a brief look at how she develops after she goes of on her own.

Sam?: I just loved hearing about his son and hope to read more about him.

Nikki: Similar to Faith maybe some flashbacks to some of his darker days and conditioning or to when he was with River.

Hmmm.... That's interesting, although there is so much going on already that I don't know if I have room for flashbacks. I'll see what I can do. I don't think it gives too much away to say that Julia makes a brief guest appearance and Sam features large :)

Shamelessly stealing an idea from Young Sage and sure that I won't give it half as much justice or make it half as funny as he does... is there anything that anyone would like to ask any of my characters. I know them inside out and back to front and I'm sure I could get them to answer albeit not in such an intersting or witty way :)

For example... did you know that Silver's favourite colour is purple and River's is orange... go figure.

Silver's favourite food is chilli,and he likes it hot.

River likes classical music and reads a lot. He's quite serious and, once he gets going Silver is a lot more playful.

In book II you will find out that Silver is an excellent dancer... in a certain style ;)

As well as being my absolute favourite story to write (so far) Enigma is my most reviewed story and has just become my second story to get over 20,000 hits.

Apart from being a complete and utter show off I really want to say THANK YOU to every single person who has read, reviewed or discussed the story.

You are awesome.

Now hang on a minute, I never said they were going to break up. :ph34r: What I SAID was

Enigma II is in production when River gets a new man and Silver has to move out because of it. Will their love survive, especially when Silver goes back to the life he knows best and meets some new characters that will blow your socks off. If you want to see Silver in leather and discover some of the skills he's only hinted at... then watch this space ;)

Now where in that does it SAY that they split up?B)

You most certainly did read the last chapter right Johnathan and you can be absolutely sure that at the end of Book I they are most definitely NOT split up. Neither are they split up at the beginning to Book II as will be abjectly clear from the first few sentences.

• 8 months later...

I have recently noticed that there are horrible tense slips and grammar in this story. Why i haven't or someone hasn't thrown them in my faces I don't know but I am intent on fixing them. I have a feeling that somewhere along the way the fabulous editing done by Rush got lost. It seems incredibly rough and I know that Rush is so much better than that so I can only shrug my shoulders and apologise. Recently I have started to read chapters before I post them but when this was posted I wasn't doing that. No excuses.

I am now radically revising and re posting chapter by chapter. SO... if anyone finds errors in the first three chapters let me know but bear with me for anything after that, I will get to it as soon as I can.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sorry, but I can't read this entire thread in case there might be spoilers :wacko:

But!!!!! I so wanna discuss about this story! River's job was described with warmth and compassion and undertstandment. He has one of the most difficult jobs I can imagine, I would never ever be able to do the same.

The habitants in the halfway house are just as important to this start as River's co-workers and I feel this start was such a catch.

:2thumbs:

Now I'm gonna run to the chapter 2 and meent Silver!

• 5 months later...