Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Jake By C James

I thought the new Chapter was brilliant. I didn't think Jake's running away was an over-reaction but it did make me cringe a little... he is going to be in sooo much trouble. I guess the fear of surgery is a strong motivator for irrational behaviour. I really like the way that the story is going ... not so much the way everything is going to hell for the main character, but the way that the excitement is picking up... feels like it is building to something!

Thanks again for the chapter! =]

Cheers

James.

• 2 weeks later...
Is everyone in the Christmas spirit? Chapter 11 of Jake has been released. I think the premium release schedule isn't what Cliff James anticipated, but here is a chapter titled "Merry Christmas, Jake". Edited by MikeL

I thought the new Chapter was brilliant. I didn't think Jake's running away was an over-reaction but it did make me cringe a little... he is going to be in sooo much trouble. I guess the fear of surgery is a strong motivator for irrational behaviour. I really like the way that the story is going ... not so much the way everything is going to hell for the main character, but the way that the excitement is picking up... feels like it is building to something!

Thanks again for the chapter! =]

Cheers

James.

Thanks James!

Jake can be his own worst enemy at times... And in Jake's case, he has a strong phobia of being cut, so he's even more irrational. :)

Is everyone in the Christmas spirit? Chapter 11 of Jake has been released. I think the premium release schedule isn't what Cliff James anticipated, but here is a chapter titled "Merry Christmas, Jake".

You're right, it is chapter 11... This goes to prove that I cannot count; I thought "Merry Christmas Jake was 12, but it's 11.

I'd originally intended this chapter to post last Christmas, but the delay is all mine; it took longer to finish the story than I thought. (It pretty much always does).

And quit calling me Cliff, frog! :P As we all know, a got would never have anything to do with a cliff.

Just goes to show you how far behind CJ was with this story. He was hoping to have this chapter posted in time for Christmas 2009.

Yep, I goofed... Anyway, I hope everyone will try and overlook the fact that it's August for this Christmastime chapter. :)

Posted Image

Chapter 11, "Merry Christmas, Jake",

Merry Christmas, one and all. :wub:

A got would not,

But a goat would gloat.

:lmao:...........Yep! MikeL catches them as he see's them! If Jake's fear is enough he should be able to break those ropes, I know i did in a simular situation (waterboarding) I was so freaked out, I broke the leather straps on my hands and was strangling the guy that was torturing me. Not sure how Jake is going to get out of this, did he have time to install the GPS? Or were the cops actually doing their diligence in following Big Tony (all 5'-5" of him????? :blink: ) Either way it looks like the bullets are coming out! Great chapter, and a hell of a cliffhanger!! B)

Edited by Benji

This chapter is not a cliffhanger. All it really is is low cost medicare. No frills surgery. Nothing anxiety provoking here, folks. We have no frills surgery here in Canada. We'll probably even find out that Big Tony dropped out of med school. Something about him not being able to reach the operating table without a step ladder.

And besides, Jake can scream all he wants and not be embarrassed. It's just Big Tony there.

The big issue for me is how is Jake going to steal Cody away from Bret. I mean we all like Bret now. He's grown on us. But jake is going to have to break his heart. Now that's going to be a cliffhanger...well, it would be if CJ did cliffhangers...which he doesn't.

Splendid chapter, CJ!!! :worship::worship:

This chapter is not a cliffhanger. All it really is is low cost medicare. No frills surgery. Nothing anxiety provoking here, folks. We have no frills surgery here in Canada. We'll probably even find out that Big Tony dropped out of med school. Something about him not being able to reach the operating table without a step ladder.

And besides, Jake can scream all he wants and not be embarrassed. It's just Big Tony there.

The big issue for me is how is Jake going to steal Cody away from Bret. I mean we all like Bret now. He's grown on us. But jake is going to have to break his heart. Now that's going to be a cliffhanger...well, it would be if CJ did cliffhangers...which he doesn't.

Not a cliffhanger? You actually sound like a certain goat we know. Have you been taking English composition courses online from sume guy named Cliff?

You seem to have assumed the story will end with Jake taking Cody away from Brett. Surely there are other possible endings.

Not a cliffhanger? You actually sound like a certain goat we know. Have you been taking English composition courses online from sume guy named Cliff?

You seem to have assumed the story will end with Jake taking Cody away from Brett. Surely there are other possible endings.

Don't say that! They just gotta. *pouts in a corner*:wub:

Goats pay no heed to pouting. In Cliff's convoluted world, what you think characters' "gotta" do doesn't make for the unique plot variations he does so well. At the outset, he said it's going to be quite a ride. Just hold on and enjoy going where the story takes us. Edited by MikeL

A got would not,

But a goat would gloat.

Hey, it's not easy to type with hooves. :boy:

:lmao:...........Yep! MikeL catches them as he see's them! If Jake's fear is enough he should be able to break those ropes, I know i did in a simular situation (waterboarding) I was so freaked out, I broke the leather straps on my hands and was strangling the guy that was torturing me. Not sure how Jake is going to get out of this, did he have time to install the GPS? Or were the cops actually doing their diligence in following Big Tony (all 5'-5" of him????? :blink: ) Either way it looks like the bullets are coming out! Great chapter, and a hell of a cliffhanger!! B)

Ouch... the gag suffocation reflex involved in waterboarding in powerful, sorry you had to go through that in training.

Installing the GPS? Hrmm, he hasn't had time yet. I the one Brett got for Jake was a handheld, the kind you mount on the windshield with a suction cup.. Actually, in California (unlike the other 49 states) that's not legal, it would have to be attached to the dash top instead.. but Big Tony has a well equipped shop there, so maybe this could be a fun project for Jake and Big Tony to do together?

You can't track a GPS navigation system; they are receive-only. The only thing a GPS in his car would do would be tell Jake where he was. Oh, and some have a traffic subscription feature, which allows them to detour the driver around reported traffic jams, but that's always useful in LA. :)

And what cliffhanger? Tony wishing Jake a Merry Christmas can't possibly be seen as a cliffhanger.. What next: will it be a cliffhanger is someone sneezes and someone else says Ghezeuntite? :blink:

Thank you, Conner!! :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Tony could actually be doing Jake a favor... those bullets did cause him some legal headaches in the last chapter after all.

You are of course 100% right.. it's not a cliffhanger. Jake has a few issues, but who doesn't? Christmas can be an emotional time, and it's probably cathartic for Jake to be able to vent a little.

A serious note on Brett: he was interesting to write. We meet him through the eyes of Jake, who kinda hates him and thought no end of mean things about him, which made it tricky to show the real Brett. Jake's perceptions (like anyone's) are colored by his likes and dislikes.

It is a complicated mess, isn't it? Brett loves Corey, loves him enough to give him up, perhaps the only noble thing Jake has ever done... but how long can his conscience hold back his heart? And in spite of himself, Jake can't bring himself to hate Brett, even though he wants to. :read:

Goats pay no heed to pouting. In Cliff's convoluted world, what you think characters' "gotta" do doesn't make for the unique plot variations he does so well. At the outset, he said it's going to be quite a ride. Just hold on and enjoy going where the story takes us.

Thanks Mike. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Cliff James has released Jake, Chapter 12, "Hurting"

B)...................Nice chapter, I knew the cavalry would come to the rescue! But via Brett? Humm, good thing Jake was passed out so long eh? So now we have a disappointed Big Tony, so close to his goal! Well the outting didn't go as planned for Jake, but things don't always go as planned! :lol: How is this story going to continue with both Cory and Brett realizing how Jake actually feels? Your James Dean persona is in trouble here, glad to hear dad and Jake make up :blink: I guess the realization leaves us with Jake with no academic future, no home and a few thousand bucks. Nice to find out Brett did know Mitch enough for him to spill his guts :angry: The painful thing is still there, Cory vs. Jake, Jake being the unrepentant!

• Like 2

I decided some time ago that Jake and Cory will be together. I am of course leaving it to CJ to get us there. :lol:

Jake's dad will still die a horrible death. :devil: Please look after that too, CJ!! :2hands:

I'm pretty sure Bret will be offered a huge modeling contract. He'll have to divide his time between Paris, Rome, New York and London. Yeah, and Vancouver, too! :wub: Cory will insist that he take the offer.

That's when Jake moves in for the kill...I mean, he helps Cory get over Bret. :great:

Cory makes him promise to go straight....well not too straight, if you know what I mean. 0:)

• Like 1

B)...................Nice chapter, I knew the cavalry would come to the rescue! But via Brett? Humm, good thing Jake was passed out so long eh? So now we have a disappointed Big Tony, so close to his goal! Well the outting didn't go as planned for Jake, but things don't always go as planned! :lol: How is this story going to continue with both Cory and Brett realizing how Jake actually feels? Your James Dean persona is in trouble here, glad to hear dad and Jake make up :blink: I guess the realization leaves us with Jake with no academic future, no home and a few thousand bucks. Nice to find out Brett did know Mitch enough for him to spill his guts :angry: The painful thing is still there, Cory vs. Jake, Jake being the unrepentant!

Jake is indeed in trouble... And yep, the surfer Mitch talked about was Brett, but that was before Corey and Brett became a couple.

It's going to be ever so slightly... complicated. :)

I decided some time ago that Jake and Cory will be together. I am of course leaving it to CJ to get us there. :lol:

Jake's dad will still die a horrible death. :devil: Please look after that too, CJ!! :2hands:

I'm pretty sure Bret will be offered a huge modeling contract. He'll have to divide his time between Paris, Rome, New York and London. Yeah, and Vancouver, too! :wub: Cory will insist that he take the offer.

That's when Jake moves in for the kill...I mean, he helps Cory get over Bret. :great:

Cory makes him promise to go straight....well not too straight, if you know what I mean. 0:)

We find out the back story behind Jake and his father in the next chapter, "A Real Bastard". :boy:

CJ :)

Now I want to kill both of Jake's parents. :2hands: They really are weak people.

I can certainly see where Jake is feeling better, now knowing that his buttface father is not his biological father. Talk about getting a "Get Out of Jail" free card. :2thumbs:

I'm really unsure where the story will go from here. Good thing I'm not the author, eh???

Cory is in a very difficult place right now.

Great chapter, CJ! :worship::worship:

Now I want to kill both of Jake's parents. :2hands: They really are weak people.

I can certainly see where Jake is feeling better, now knowing that his buttface father is not his biological father. Talk about getting a "Get Out of Jail" free card. :2thumbs:

I'm really unsure where the story will go from here. Good thing I'm not the author, eh???

Cory is in a very difficult place right now.

Great chapter, CJ! :worship::worship:

Thanks Connor!

Yep, Jake's parents are not exactly stellar examples of parenting. His mother gave him that name, rubbing her husband's nose in the fact of the affair every time he hears it. Not a recipe for a happy home.. and Jake's bad home life is a huge part of what made him who he is.

As for where the story is going, that will be crystal clear in the next chapter. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I had two reactions. The first is, "Hah! Knew Brett had wanted Jake!" So kudos on planting that pretty well in the opening chapters.

I would never have predicted a threesome, though. Leave it to Chas to come up with it.

• Site Administrator

Oh my :o

A threesome, a trio, a triple threat? I don't think so.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but does a threesome ever work out? Especailly when involving 3 eighteen year olds? Heck, forget the age, do they ever work out? What happens if Corey prefers Jake topping him over Brett, how will that fly with Brett? I dont know, but I kind of think Chas and Brett are the idiots right now.

Then again, CJ has probably thought this all out and has some way to justify it. I will be suprised to see how he plans to make it work. Or will he? I guess Corey still has to weigh in and holds the ultimate veto if he disagrees.

Things should be interesting in the next chapter.

Thanks CJ :great:

Now we can see that Jake really is a different story. It deals with teenage entanglements in a different way from any other story I've ever read. Leave it to C James to find a novel approach.

I feel sorry for those folks who quit reading the story early on because they thought it predictable, formulaic, or simply too slow. They are missing a real treat; might as well read on Nifty.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..