Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Jake By C James

• Site Administrator

I am happy to announce the new novel to Premium Content: Jake by C James.
I have posted the Prologue and chapters 1 and 2. Chapter 3 will be posted in 2 weeks.

Myr

Jake is a continuation of C James' short story Three for Jake which was released in the Winter 2007 anthology. I would encourage you to read Three for Jake first if you have not already read it.

That said, Jake is a very different story for C James to write and deals with a subject I have not seen on GA previously. I had the pleasure of proofreading Jake for CJ, and can promise the supporters of GA that they have a real treat in store for them. Enjoy the story.

Jake is a continuation of C James' short story Three for Jake which was released in the Winter 2007 anthology. I would encourage you to read Three for Jake first if you have not already read it.

Thanks for the heads up about 'Three for Jake'.

I just finished reading the prologue, Ch1, & Ch2 and really enjoyed them and will definitely read the short story to get more background.

I look forward to future chapters to find out what the memory of the visits by Brett & Corey mean.

This is the first CJ story I've read and should probalby now consider reading his others.

Thanks,

Vic

• Site Moderator

That said, Jake is a very different story for C James to write and deals with a subject I have not seen on GA previously. I had the pleasure of proofreading Jake for CJ, and can promise the supporters of GA that they have a real treat in store for them. Enjoy the story.

I quite agree. I had the pleasure of beta reading this story

This is the first CJ story I've read and should probalby now consider reading his others.

You won't be disappointed.

I'm also new to CJames' stories, though his reputation is preceding him, so I'm aware of his mean cliffhangers ;) I think I've also heard he kills his main characters! :-o And wow, a team of 7 beta-readers! That's like a small army! :D

Anyway, the story Three for Jake is published as the Prologue, so no need to read it from the Anthology. Thanks for the Prologue, it's more comfortable to read at one place and without it the story wouldn't make that much sense.

Anyway, the story Three for Jake is published as the Prologue, so no need to read it from the Anthology. Thanks for the Prologue, it's more comfortable to read at one place and without it the story wouldn't make that much sense.

• Site Administrator

Well, keep in mind that C James has lots of stuff posted and completed that you can go check out while you are waiting for more Jake.

• Site Administrator

Who is this C James guy that you all are talking about? I've never heard of him Posted Image

I remember back when a goat told me that 3 For Jake was going to be made into a story and I said to myself, "Self, it will be a short story with the main character dead".

I really enjoyed the first two chapters, but wondering what kind of story this will be since MikeL alluded to it? Based on those two chapters I think I will have to wait and see.

There is a few characters I guess I have taken an instant disliking to right off the bat, Jake's Dad, Brett, and maybe even the nurse and doctor in the hospital :P

I'm sure in classic CJ ways though, I will be 100% totally wrong and appear to have my head up my arse as usual.

Looking forward to more Posted Image

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

those chapters are too short... :thumbdown: I need MUCH MORE. :D

This story is already finished? How long is it? And the posting period is going to be two weeks?

Edited by paya
  • Site Administrator

Squished Baby Kittens Posted Image ???

I'll come back and comment after I wash that image out of my mind :(

I've read your short stories and cried my eyes out after "Three for Jake", so if this is going to be a tearjerker please let me know. I have started on Jake and since it sounded familar I looked for info on the forum. I really like his character so I hope you re-think the ending. Please.You are very talented.

I've read your short stories and cried my eyes out after "Three for Jake", so if this is going to be a tearjerker please let me know. I have started on Jake and since it sounded familar I looked for info on the forum. I really like his character so I hope you re-think the ending. Please.You are very talented.

I think you will find Jake to be quite satisfying in the long run. Unusual, but satisfying.
  • 2 weeks later...

First, I would like to thank Myr for posting this. Thanks Myr!!!

Okay, chapter length: From here on in, the chapters are larger. Sorry for the short ones; I sometimes do that at the start of a novel, due to plot needs.

Thanks for the heads up about 'Three for Jake'.

I just finished reading the prologue, Ch1, & Ch2 and really enjoyed them and will definitely read the short story to get more background.

I look forward to future chapters to find out what the memory of the visits by Brett & Corey mean.

Thanks,

Vic

Thanks Vic, and welcome!!!

I'm also new to CJames' stories, though his reputation is preceding him, so I'm aware of his mean cliffhangers ;) I think I've also heard he kills his main characters! :-o And wow, a team of 7 beta-readers! That's like a small army! :D

OK, I know a long foreplay can be great but I'm already all hot and bothered for some development in the plot and we stopped right before one... And I like the inner battle inside Jake regarding Brett. And I think the sister will find out! :) Jake is not going to be "straight" for much longer... :D

I really like chapter 4, CJ. I can see Jake gradually changing his opinion of Brett, but there's still one big complication...Jake's undeclared desire for Corey. Can he resolve his jealousy of Brett and Corey's relationship?

• Site Administrator

I must declare this ending a cliffhanger :( Evil, no, but one still.

The sexual energy at the end of that chapter was intense. Was Jake about to jump Brett's bones, afterall Brett has kissed Jake before, so there must be some mutal attraction. Or was Chas about to deflower Jake :lol:

Great chapter CJ and thanks :D

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 5 of Jake has been released. Jake seems to have a new friend or at least one less adversary. Try as I might, I can't find the cliffhanger. I know it's there; guess I'll have to read it again.

The cliffhanger is in the story itself. By fifth chapter I usually have the story figured - as in where it is heading, what I can expect, if I'm enjoying the ride, what the author wants to say with it, etc. But this is really annoying and frustrating. The pace of posting is too slow while the chapters are too short for ANYTHING to happen. That's a cliffhanger! Either make the chapters long and post once in two weeks or make them short but post more frequently. :angry: I guess I need to wait for Christmas and read it then. Hopefully there would be something to read then. :/

OK, I've decided. I give it one more chapter and if there's no change then I'm leaving. I don't need to get frustrated over a story I see once in a while where almost nothing happens.

Edited by paya

OK, I've decided. I give it one more chapter and if there's no change then I'm leaving. I don't need to get frustrated over a story I see once in a while where almost nothing happens.

Don't leave, Pavel. Stick with the story. I can assure something is going to happen and you don't want to miss it.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..