I was thinking....

I'm on Chapter 17 of "Against the Machine" which is close to the end. I figured that if no one else has done so already, I would start a new discussion thread just for that story. Don't know if anyone else has been reading it (although I guess Nephy already read it).

A bigger question will be -- what's the NEXT story going to be? Is there a particular genre or category we should be looking at? Should it be something "serious" or more "getting off" in content? (I like both.) The main thing is that the length has to be manageable, so no Tyler Peel or Castaway Hotel I think.

A

How about this? We can give it a trial run for this coming week and see how it works.

Since "Against The Machine" seems to be the popular pick right now, we can start with that one.

For all who haven't read it, start today! And next Thursday, we'll come back to this board to discuss it at length and talk about how we feel about the style, characters, plot, and potential, of the series.

Since we only have a week...how about we have a 'cap', and only do the first five chapters? (Be careful not to reveal any 'spoilers' for chapters that come after that during the discussion) That way, people who have read it can talk about it, people who haven't read it will have ample time to read the material in time for next Thursday's discussion, and anyone who gets five chapters deep into the story will be more than inspired to finish off the rest of the series on his/her own.

I'll come up with a small list for other stories and pin a list up at the top of the board to keep a schedule. I've got the suggestions made so far, and more suggestions are always welcome.Including your own works if you just want some quality feedback on it.

Sound good?

I'm just gonna go ahead and make another post to start things off and we can mold it and let it evolve from there. Otherwise...this awesome idea will be stuck in limbo forever. Hehehe!

:: Taking The Leap ::

Is this open to all members? Maybe we can have a specific forum made for this? Just a suggestion. I understand it may be more work to create a new forum for book club discussion. I assume it's going to be here in your forum, Comic? Anyways I'm not too literate in navigating and it took me quite a whiel to find this thread again. I'm sure other people in the forum are not aware of this idea as it's not part of oen of the more open forum roads and maybe they would like to participate. But if this is a RSVP type thing then well...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..