Light Reaches Earth by Comicality

• Site Administrator

Riley Jordan is a teen resident at a group home for boys. Disturbed and confused by his newfound feelings for someone else of the same sex, he continues to hide it away from anyone who might see it. But when a new transfer comes into the group home...it is more of a 'visitation' than Riley was prepared for.

:nuke: :nuke: Spoilers Below!!! :nuke: :nuke:

Edited by Graeme

Riley Jordan is a teen resident at a group home for boys. Disturbed and confused by his newfound feelings for someone else of the same sex, he continues to hide it away from anyone who might see it. But when a new transfer comes into the group home...it is more of a 'visitation' than Riley was prepared for.

:nuke: :nuke: Spoilers Below!!! :nuke: :nuke:

Another beautiful story. One that I had no problem inserting myself into, as "Riley.

It's not too complicated, yet it has a LOT of depth.

And we still love you, Mister C!

It's a really sweet story. i fell in love with Asher too :) I have always said that one of the reasons my characters are mostly all beautiful is because they are described through the eyes of those who see them as being beautiful... well except for Silver of course who is just inhumanly goreous.

In this story Asher is very much seen throught the eyes of love and so of course he has to be beautiful but I get the feeling from him and his ractions that he is beautiful, at least on the inside which is where it counts. It says much for your writing skills that you make us feel that we know a character who barely speaks a word.

And as for Cairo. I never knew that aliens could be so... sweet :)

The ending was expected but when it came it was... right.

From the start, I was feeling almost sorry for Riley and his situation - waiting until he turned 18 to get on with his life. I agree with Nephylim that the ending became expected but it was the perfect ending to a very moving story. Beautiful story, makes me wish I could meet a Cairo of my own, reminds me a teensy bit of Saint-Exup

That was a beautiful story. I'm usually not so keen on stories where aliens comment on Earth and sound like some conspiracy theorist and whatnot but fortunately the writing here was good enough to avoid making me feel nauseous lol. Cairo came across as such a kind and wise character and I actually felt sad when he was about to leave Riley. It was so touching.

I LOVED the description of his home planet. I felt it. I don't know how to explain it. Must be the sci-fi fan in me but I just loved how he described it and made it sound so emotional. There was a pinch of nostalgia in his description and that really did justice to the answer he gave Riley. Probably my favourite bit of the story.

Riley could've been one of those annoying drama queens characters but he is actually likeable and you end up feeling for him. I think his character finds his depth once he meets Cairo. They both complete each other in that sense. Cairo gets a touch of humanity so to speak and Riley stands out as his interaction with the alien makes him different.

I like that the story wasn't about the love between Asher and Riley but about the change in attitude for Riley and on another level, the message of the story.

And finally the ending was so... fitting and yet heartbreaking. Because in the end, Riley never saw Cairo again but at least he got to see that light. I think that's the best ending the story could have had. The reader is left with a bittersweet feeling and I think it is appropriate. The characters, the story and the message stays with you after you're done reading it.

One of your best efforts, Comsie. Kudos!

Another thought provoking piece.

One of the things I really enjoy about your work, all of it, is how you bring what many see as core values to light as something to constantly question. Your writing stirs us from our complacency. Very much the way Richard Bach does in Illusions and of course Peck in the Road Less Traveled, but you do it in a much more, true to life example to bring about the application of comparison.

You write a story, suck us in then apply the question and study the reactions. So are you studying us or are we studying you while we study ourselves. Or in my case perhaps, I'm studying you, studying us, studying you studying us.blink.gif

Your slanted look at life is brilliant and makes everyone who reads it re-evaluate what they/we believe or do not believe.

You may be tipping your hand as to what you do for a living though. You are certainly into cultural anthropology. And your answers only create more questions.

Thanks, this piece was extremely well done in ALL aspects. worshippy.gif

I honestly can't thank you all enough for all of the amazing thoughts you've shared on this story. Wow! There won't ever be a time where I don't worry that I haven't done a good enough job on a story to get the message across...and reading your replies has truly been helpful in relieving that anxiety. ((Hugz))

Thank you all! Soooo much! You have no idea how much it means to me to know that you guys appreciated the story! ((hugs))

• Like 1

Wow... what beauty. Well done comsie. I was surprised :) I was not expecting it :) I do like how the light reached the earth... Makes me wonder if a sequel could happen...

Don't you love getting those kind :king: Cosmie? When they are so good the fans want them to continue.

Well earned too. A really great story . . . and they said all the great plays had already been written.

:worship:

• 4 weeks later...

"I am not alone"

what a great story - well written, funny, quirky and yet in some way all about the seemingly eternal seach for ourselves...

hmmm sounds a little maudlin....

so perhaps I'll leave it at "congratulations, very impressive :2thumbs:"

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Im going to read this story or Anthology... i really do like all of Com's stuff i read most of his work and well you can all say that he is a very talented person...i wouldnt want to do anything that he isnt ready for...Especially if he doesnt want to post a chapter in a hurry...But i will post more on this once i get a chance to read it...

<3 Remijay

• 3 months later...

What a terrific ending! Even if it wasn't entirely unexpected. I've always loved all of your stories, but i think this one has something special. It was intriguing how the 'alien', unfamiliar with our emotions and culture, still managed to bring the young pair together. Right up there with Gone From Daylight, in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..