"5 CHAPTER BOOK CLUB" (THE JULY SCHEDULE)

=== '5 CHAPTER' BOOK CLUB SCHEDULE ===

"Do Over" By dkstories (Read: 7/1, Review: 7/8)

"Matthew Figures It Out" By Ehman Penn (Read: 7/8, Review: 7/15)

"Enigma" By Nephylim (Read: 7/15, Review 7/22)

"When Will I See You" By LittleBuddhaTW (Read: 7/22, Review: 7/29)

"Pastel Cowboy" By Carl Holiday (Read: 7/29, Review: 8/5)

(*Remember that you are all more than welcome to read ahead if you finish early each week. But please keep any comments or spoilers quiet until the discussion, and always remember that it's only the first five chapters. Give everybody a chance to be surprised.)

Also, Agin, you mentioned a story called "Masquerade" but you didn't give a link or an author. I can't find it anywhere, so let me know so I can get started on August, cool?

Actually the link is embedded in this post -- you just have to click on it -- but here it is:

http://www.nifty.org/nifty/bisexual/highschool/masquerade/

And what I just noticed is that the whole story has five chapters, which is convenient.

A

Sorry hun, little confused. Does that mean we read one story a week in the order you've listed them? I'm cool with that. WIll start reading the first one assuming that's what I'm supposed to do. If not cant hurt anyway can it :)

Sorry hun, little confused. Does that mean we read one story a week in the order you've listed them? I'm cool with that. WIll start reading the first one assuming that's what I'm supposed to do. If not cant hurt anyway can it :)

I think the idea is to start reading each story on the first date shown, then post commentary on the second date, which also happens to be the date to begin reading the next story.

So I have started Dan's story.

A

Exactly.Start reading the story on the 'read' date, and then we 'review' on the seconddate, as westart the next story. Is that a bitmuch? Should we have a break in between? Let me know...

I actually read all of Matthew, which is in something like 22 chapters. It's a great story, very emotional in places.

Now my problem is that I have to go back and figure out what I can't talk about because it hadn't yet happened as of chapter 5.

A

I've been away so I think it's only fair that I read Matthew figures it out and comment on that before you comment on mine. In fact I might leave the country when you comment on that one :P

Awww :) You can come live with me and you don't have to look at the laptop. I'll just say you are my long lost friend's mother? XD

Me again.

I've started to read "The Pastel Cowboy," which is the next 5CBC selection, but after slogging through much of the first chapter, I'm not inclined to go on. It's just too much of a downer for me. I think I'm going to sit this one out unless somebody posts strong reasons to press forward.

A

Edited by Agincourt

I've started to read "The Pastel Cowboy," which is the next 5CBC selection, but after slogging through much of the first chapter, I'm not inclined to go on. It's just too much of a downer for me. I think I'm going to sit this one out unless somebody posts strong reasons to press forward.

I'm just bumping this thread to remind people that I will NOT be starting a thread on "The Pastel Cowboy." Today is review day for that story. Someone else will have to jump in.

A

P.S. -- I actually read a ways further in the story, but find I really have nothing to say about it. It was not my cup of tea at all.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..