Open Club  ·  281 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Faces for Mark's Stories

I find Theo James more attractive than your second Ben pick, but I also think Theo James is a bit more exotic-looking than the way Ben was described. Mark told me once Theo James almost could been Darius.

Do any of Mark's characters ever look normal, or are they all 9s and 10s? :P

Cole, Matt's best college friend, is a normal, average-looking cute guy:

photo.jpg

This was one of my "Bam, you NAILED it!" moments from Mark. I love it when I have those.

Edited by methodwriter85

I find Theo James more attractive than your second Ben pick, but I also think Theo James is a bit more exotic-looking than the way Ben was described. Mark told me once Theo James almost could been Darius.

Cole, Matt's best college friend, is a normal, average-looking cute guy:

photo.jpg

This was one of my "Bam, you NAILED it!" moments from Mark. I love it when I have those.

What are you smoking to say that guy is "average"???  :blink:

What are you smoking to say that guy is "average"???

I'm saying he's normal in comparison to the Hollywood standard that we usually base the CAP characters on. LOL.

He's very cute, but he's not the "Wow, double-take!" looker that Matt, Will, Young Stefan, etc etc are. He's like the loveable scruffy teddy bear from the school's "relaxed" fraternity that you thought was cute and might or might not have developed a crush on depending on his personality.

Edited by methodwriter85

Touche. :D

This would be why Jarrett Sleeper a.k.a. Cole is the closest you'll get to "normal-looking" in CAP. LOL. (I think he's adorable in a teddy bear, friendly scruff frat dude kind of way, not the stunning kind of way. Which is why he was right for Cole.)

I live vicariously through my characters.  Why would I want to fuck someone normal in my fantasy world, when I can do that in real life?  :o

Taken to its endpoint.... You want to fuck all your characters?

(... that's some kink when you consider Tonto)

Edited by Westie
  • Like 1

Does anyone else think of Richard and Hyacinth Bucket (it's pronounced Boo-Kay) from Keeping up Appearence when Clara and Wally show up in the story?

I loved that show!  I think of Wally as being more like the other guy in that show...her brother in law, perhaps? 

I think of Clara as looking like Lea Thompson:

VMWTD00Z.jpg

She always seems to play the Mid-Western "Mom" roles.

She needs to be frumpier.  I'm thinking of the Mom on "That 70's show"

70s_show.jpg

Here's my vision of Clara.

So now that we have your vision of Clara, can you kindly tell us your vision of Elizabeth Danfield? I'm thinking a beautiful, older, refined brunette that could do bitch well like Brooke Shields:

army-wives-brooke-shields-cast-gi.jpg

I actually really want to know this one. I'm still shocked you didn't take to Madeline Stowe from Revenge. I thought she was perfect:

...So I feel like my vision probably doesn't coincide with yours. Please tell me, Mark. Could Elizabitch actually be a blonde after all this time?

My other thought for Elizabitch...take Kathryn from Cruel Intentions, and make her 25 years older and Southern:

God. Sarah Michelle Gellar was so ON in that movie. It's a shame she didn't take off in movies playing bitchy society women. She probably could have, if she had her hey day in the 1940's and 1950's. Her prime unfortunately coincided with the romcom craze and everybody wanted to be like Reese Witherspoon or something.

Also, Young Ryan Phillippe as Nathan Hayes? I think he has a Hayes-like face on a shorter, wiry body, which is how Nathan was described as being. Horrible actor, but Ryan was cute as fuck back in the day.

Edited by methodwriter85

Do any of Mark's characters ever look normal, or are they all 9s and 10s? :P

Just out of curiosity, but how far does this go? Taken to its logical extreme, does this mean that Rosa, who I have imagined as Aida Linares

995CLS_Alicia_Silverstone_121.jpg

Has all this time been played by Lynda Carter?

carter.jpg

Edited by B1ue
  • Like 1

Just out of curiosity, but how far does this go? Taken to its logical extreme, does this mean that Rosa, who I have imagined as Aida Linares

995CLS_Alicia_Silverstone_121.jpg

Has all this time been played by Lynda Carter?

carter.jpg

The first one is a GREAT Rosa.  The second one...not so much.

The first one is a GREAT Rosa.  The second one...not so much.

Dude, now tell me how you picture Elizabeth Danfield, damn it. I'm getting really frustrated here, Mark. lol. Or are you trying to say that you don't really have an image for her face? I'm going to keep bugging you until you say something, Mark. You know I can be pretty fucking tenacious about being annoying. LOL.

Actually, Blue, Lynda Carter wouldn't be a bad Elizabeth Danfield, either - but that's going with my idea that she's an older, gorgeous dark-haired woman. I can't picture her being ugly or average-looking- she has too much of a "former belle of the ball" kind of feel to her.

I think everyone's a 9 or 10 who they have sex with, which means usually the men (unless they're purposefully not very fuckable) and some of the females.

Although 7/8's can sneak in there. I remember when I read Cole's description, I thought, "I am not going to be able to find a model who looks like that because male models don't usually have chubby cheeks." LOL, So there are non-model people here who look like your average "real-world" good-looking like Cole a.k.a. Jarrett Sleeper.  Real-world good-looking to describe someone who's a good-looking guy, but like someone you could meet in the real world, like you'd have a chance with him.

In my case, I don't find it that unrealistic. Have you ever noticed that guys tend to associate with guys that are equal to them in terms of looks- even though it's platonic. Like the groups of frat boys who walk around, or the groups of nerdy dudes that walk around together. In Cross-Currents, Andy never seemed to have any ugly friends he didn't want to have sex with. Which made sense- everyone he knew was like a 20-year old college jock. Of course they'd all be attractive. LOL. It seems even more true with gay guys- gay men seem big on clones. LOL.

Of course, that might change when you reach your 30's and 40's and you start to get guys who still look really good, and the guys who just let it all go.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure who Cameron Monaghan from Shameless would play, but considering Mark's fetish for cute redheads (the one he shares with Adam Phillips) as well as slightly nerdish twinks, I figure he'd like the guy. LOL.

Cameron+Monaghan+Weinstein+Company+Prese

That guy LUCKED out on puberty. He was not cute as a little kid. He's one of those lucky guys who are growing into their looks. I bet he'll probably be a total heartbreaker by age 25. (Speaking of...seriously, I could not get over how damn good Shaun White looked at the Olympics. It's amazing how much of a difference a couple of years of aging and a haircut does.)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Valerie Bertinelli as Brenda Hayes? She played a bible-thumping bitch once in a t.v. movie where she was a rabid pro-lifer who refused to get an abortion even though the fetus was non-viable and threatening her life once, and turned on her sister because she dared  to be against her contining the pregnancy.

ValerieBertinelliHWOFAug2012.jpg

I do picture Brenda having big hair. Evangelical Christian women always seems to have big hair. Valerie does have that "Middle America" look to her.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..