Open Club  ·  280 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Faces for Mark's Stories

Alright, that makes sense. Nice. Although I kind of pictured Alex with more of a "refined", over-bread look to him. Also, his features don't look that pointed to me.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • 1 month later...

For Scott, I picture either a blond-haired Josh Holloway from Lost:

josh40.JPG

Or Jason Lewis from Sex and the City.

jason-lewis-profile.jpg

Both have that sleazy hot con artist vibe to them.

Jason Lewis wouldn't be a bad Cody, either. His eyes have a freakishly beautiful shade of blue to them which would make sense with Cody and how he's described as being able to bore into people's souls by looking into their eyes.

Thoughts, Mark?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Alright, I don't know if we'll ever see Ryan again, but Jonathan Kent from Smallville as Ryan's racist father?

03_32684_002_01101.jpg

John Schneider is a born-again Christian type and apparently has said some homophobic stuff, so I thought he fit. At the same time, he's also a pleasantly good-looking 50-something "Dad" type who can pull off the smarmy attitude, which is also how I picture Ryan's dad. I kind of figured Ryan's dad was older than his mother, who was kind of picked up as young trophy and then discarded when she wasn't.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Jeremy, have you cast JP and Stefan yet? I would like to see what ideas you have for them, especially Stefan. For some reason whenever I picture him I see Leslie Jordan from "Will and Grace."  I know that's totally wrong for him but I think the attitude completely fits. JP remains a faceless blob.

I don't think this has been thrown out there yet, but for Claire I see Ali Larter from "Heroes." When she is dressed up in her refined clothing and her hair is just right, she's quite elegant and cool looking.

Mark actually picked JP. JP basically looks like a late middle age version of Ricky Nelson, but if Ricky Nelson had blond hair and was short. Kinda like Ricky Nelson's sons, but if they were more conservative-looking.

Mark also picked Stefan- Stefan is basically supposed to look like Tab Hunter.

What people don't realize about Stefan is that he's actually pretty tall- I believe he's 6'2" and he's a pretty big guy. But you don't realize he actually has a jock boy build because he seems so effeminate.

Mark has never signed off on a Claire. I personally think Gail O'Grady (NYPD Blue, American Dreams) is the perfect Claire because she hits everything that Claire was described as having- blonde hair, green eyes, perfect doll face, and a buxom chest, but eh.

He did like Vera Farmiga (Bates Motel, The Conjuring) as Claire, but he didn't actually sign off on her, either. He did, however, sign off on Taissa Farmiga (American Horror Story), Vera's considerably younger sister, as Marie:

Taissa-Farmiga.jpg

That was Blue's pick. I really liked that one. My idea was Emma Stone, but I completely agree with him and Mark on Taissa. She looks like a good girl, but she has edge and sophistication and doesn't look like a Disney kid.

Edited by methodwriter85

Since we're speculating...I kinda miss how you used to use contemporary-to-the-period stars as character faces. Not my biggest crush from the time period...but...Orlando Bloom for somebody?

empireaus02sept.jpg

6.jpg

He was a pretty big dreamboat circa 2002, and through his run on the Pirates of the Caribbean. He didn't do it for me until he was a bit older, but I'm sure a lot of people dug his twink vibe back then. Orlando Bloom was definitely on the ascent back in '02. If JJ was the type to post pictures of cute guys and girls on his wall, he'd probably have one of Orlando Bloom. I can tooootttttalllllyyyy see JJ crushing on Orlando Bloom, because I think he'd be more interested in lithe twinks instead of big jock-boy looking guys.

My god, I had to listen to the squealing about Orlando all the fucking time when I was in 9th and 10th grade.

It also helps that Orlando Bloom has LONG been speculated to be gay. Damn, I wish Private Tim still posted here so I could see if he has any dirt on Orlando.

Orlando's actually a pretty good guy to check out in any event, because wasn't he considered pretty fashionable in terms of how he dressed?

Edited by methodwriter85
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey, check out "Zach" a.k.a. Liam Hemsworth, with a (literal) beard:

141114_2828507_liam_hemsworth_calls_kiss   

I wonder if Zach would rock one. Probably not until later in the 2000's/start of the 2010's- we're in the clean-shaven metrosexual era right now in CAP. He would look damn good in one, if Liam's a good indication. The guy pulls off rugged mountain man quite well.

I'm digging the whole facial hair comeback that seems to be going on right now- lots of 20-something/30-something guys seem to be wearing beards or facial scruff. Well, until you get to the guys who wear Duck Dynasty level beards, or the ones who decide to use mustache wax and do crazy things with it. Ugh, not a fan.

Edited by methodwriter85

I think he looks like shit with a beard. 

Here's a better one of him, although this is less bushy:

Hot-Beards-Liam-Hemsworth.jpg?a7708d

I think the bushy beard and longish hair is probably part of a role he's going to do. I dig it, but I get why others wouldn't dig it.

I just realized that it's rare for CAP male characters to have (literal) beards- but then again, that makes sense, because facial hair wasn't that popular during the late 1990's/early 2000's, especially with guys that were in high school/college, or guys that had white-collar jobs. You definitely weren't seeing that many  young guys walking around with beards or significant facial scruff like you do now. And you're seeing them a lot more on guys who would generally be considered preppy/white collar guys.

But I'm guessing you'll have Zach stay clean-shaven like here:

634.Liam.mh.082112.jpg

DAMN, That is one hell of a specimen! God, no wonder Miley Cyrus has made like an entire album where she's kicking herself for screwing things up with him.

Anyway, all of the new promotion for her new "my career took a setback" NBC T.V. drama has me thinking...Katherine Heigl At Age 20 for Ella?

katherine_heigl_isabel_evans_orange_dvdb

My general picture of Ella is a hot blond who is tall and very naturally voluptuous (like if Marilyn Monroe was taller), and can go between being the girl next door and the sexy vixen type. And of course, capable of being a total using bitch who burns bridges.

Man, I loved Katherine Heigl from Roswell and pre-ghost sex Grey's Anatomy, but it's really incredible to watch how she basically had superstardom in her grasp in the late 2000's and then threw it away because she couldn't stop pissing people off and burning bridges.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • 2 weeks later...

I could see her for Ella.

Is there a description of Elizabeth anywhere that you are working off of? I couldn't find one.

I've always pictured her as 2000 era Heather Locklear.

heather-locklear-bio.jpg?w=330

I think Heather Locklear is too cute, and her boobs are too big, to be Elizabeth.  I'm thinking more along the lines of Meryl Streep in Devil Wears Prada.

• Like 1

I think Heather Locklear is too cute, and her boobs are too big, to be Elizabeth.  I'm thinking more along the lines of Meryl Streep in Devil Wears Prada.

I can see that, but without the grey hair. There's no way in hell Elizabeth Danfield would let her hair go gray. Very few Baby Boomer politician wives do. (Or are they older than that? I thought Wade's parents were in their late 40's/early 50's, but they could be in their late 50's/early 60's like Matt's parents.)

Blue, it's funny that you thought of Heather Locklear, because I thought of Ava Sambora (Heather's daughter) for Marie until you came up with the Taissa Farmiga pick. (Which both Mark and I totally agreed with.) She for damn sure favors her mother over her father.

Ava+Sambora+40+Premiere+HxRqHOmONNml.jpg

Another Ella pick...Grace Dzienny from ABC Family's Chasing Life:

Gracie-dzienny-26th-annual-kids-choice-a

If they ever do a Heathers remake, she would make a fantastic Heather Chandler.

Edited by methodwriter85

That was funny. In all seriousness though, I don't think JJ is supposed to look androgynous like Johnny Weir. He's described as cute/handsome, not cute/pretty. Mark and I have actually had back-and-forth on this- though he's a clotheshorse and a metrosexual, JJ's not actually effeminate. He's more along the lines of Evan Lysacek. JJ's not collecting Louis Vuitton purses or wearing high heels like Johnny Weir.

I actually liked Dane DeHann (Amazing Spiderman 2, The Place Beyond the Pines) for JJ, but Mark didn't bite on that one like he did for Lucas Till.

Dane-DeHaan.png

I get the feeling that JJ is supposed to be conventionally handsome, but just short and still very boyish looking. I pictured JJ with quirky elfin features, but I think I'm wrong on that.

Dane kind of reminds me of a Young Leo, at least around the eyes. Like Basketball Diaries-era Leo. But if Leo had a quirkiness to his looks. Maybe he could be Alisdair, if we ever see that guy again?

Anyway...if we're talking requests...Sean O'Pry from Taylor Swift's Blank Space for somebody?

rs_560x415-141110144554-1024.Tswift-jmd-

Hot damn. I love that he's got this All-American look to him, but just the right amount of exoticness to go with it to keep him from looking too cookie-cutter.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • 2 weeks later...

I could see her for Ella.

Is there a description of Elizabeth anywhere that you are working off of? I couldn't find one.

Btw, have you seen Wolf Of Wall Street? Mark signed off on Margot Robbie as Mary Ellen:

The Wolf of Wall Street Hot Scene (NSFW)

Brooklyn accent aside, I can SOOOOOO see Mary Ellen pulling something like that with a boyfriend/husband.

Margot Robbie in any event was such a little scene stealer. I'm not usually one for blonde bombshell actresses but she rocked the hell out of her part in The Wolf of Wall Street.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..