Open Club  ·  280 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Faces for Mark's Stories

I've always pictured Chris Pratt when he was fat as Wally. Like, the formerly hot jock blond curly-haired jock who becomes a fattie after high school. After him, I could see Roy from the Office as Wally.

As for Clara, Mark's said she's supposed to look like Kitty from That 70's Show, but I would swap out Kitty's hairstyle for something more like those feathered haircuts teenaged girls (and guys) were wearing in the early 1980's. Clara totally strikes me as someone who would have picked a hairstyle when she was 18 and stuck with it for the rest of her life. So I'm thinking either Kristy McNichol hair circa Little Darlings, or an 80's perm.

Finally, I've been watching Jane the Virgin on Hulu right now...Justin Baldoni as Chris Mendozza?

Justin+Baldoni+CW+Showtime+2014+Summer+T

Mark did describe Chris as having a long face with dark features.

Blue, have you caught it yet by the way? It's pretty good. It's a take-off on telenovelas. I love watching clips of those even though I have no clue what they're saying. LOL

Edited by methodwriter85

I don't watch TV. I don't even have TV at the moment. I will occasionally watch Netflix, but even that is pretty rare.

Yeah, it's running on Hulu. Pretty funny, and it's nice to see Latino characters being represented.

If we brought Raine back...model Cara Delevingne?

She has such a cool, off-beat look to her despite also being a pretty blonde girl, which is how I've always pictured Raine.

Cara Delevingne is also pretty much how I pictured Lux Lisbon when I read The Virgin Suicides many years ago...I mean, Kirsten Dunst did great in the movie, but the girl I pictured for Lux resembles Cara a lot more. Cara will be appearing in the movie adaption of John Green's book Paper Towns...I liked the book but we'll see how that movie turns out.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • 1 month later...

Mr. Sheffield from The Nanny as the Duke? He works well as the distinguished, elder gentlemen from Britain.

How about Lord Merton from Downton Abbey? Sorry, I have no idea how to post a photo? Could you post one for me? :*)

I got through watching 22 Jump Street...Wyatt (son of Goldie and Kurt) Russell as Hammer?

He's blond, and a former hockey player, which are two of Mark's favorite jack-off items. Then again, he's rocking the lumber-sexual look a little bit and that seems like a big turn-off for Mark.

Wyatt really is a perfect combination of his parents. He perked my interest in his cameo on This is 40, and he was pretty funny in 22 Jump Street.

Anyway, I kept picturing Hammer as blond, but I could be wrong.

• Like 1

My first thought was, "Is Hammer blond?" But I agree, Wyatt Russell is very hot.

And in a way that can work as a blue-collar, rough trade type. Which is funny considering he's a spoiled Hollywood kid.

I'm not sure Hammer is blond, but considering this is CAP and Mark really, really likes blonds, it's not a bad bet. Seriously there are so many blond guys in this series.

If Hammer's not blond, my alternative pick is David Walton from About A Boy:

Seriously, the guy seems nice, but he has a massive case of Dumb Douchebag face. And he's actually from Boston.

Edited by methodwriter85

Mr. Sheffield from The Nanny as the Duke? He works well as the distinguished, elder gentlemen from Britain.

LHuLilcp.jpeg

to me he just screams 'american'

if you want to consider a brit who would fit the title and the 'look' someone like Charles Manners (10th Duke of Rutland) would be a more accurate portrayal in my experience, although 2002 was a little before my time, and unfortunately this Duke passed away in 1999. However, this is much more what i would expect, but i cant recall if we have had much experience or description of the Duke - 

10cs26r.jpg

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity, but how far does this go? Taken to its logical extreme, does this mean that Rosa, who I have imagined as Aida Linares

995CLS_Alicia_Silverstone_121.jpg

Has all this time been played by Lynda Carter?

carter.jpg

Over on Reddit, people are currently drooling over this photo of 1976 Lynda Carter on OldSchoolCool.

l5HEAxa.jpg

I'm saying this as a red-blooded homosexual male...DAMN, she was hot. No wonder it's been nearly impossible to find someone that can live up to the bar she set as Wonder Woman.

1970's men in general were pretty fucking hideous, but the women looked great. I think there was a lot more natural beauty back then.

• Like 1

Andy Mientus from the Flash:

pied-piper-117417.jpg

A 20-something Alisdair? I think Andy is the epitome of adorkable:

Andy+Mientus+NBCUniversal+2013+Winter+TC

I could also see him as Mouse. I discovered him as a dying cancer patient on ABC Family's Chasing Life, and I think he's just friggin' adorable!

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Matthew Del Negro (Teen Wolf, Scandal) as Andre, had Andre lived to middle age?

matthew-del-negro-integre-le-casting.jpg

If I recall correctly, Andre was supposed to have a distinctive nose that is like Matthew Del Negro's. That's why I thought of him. He's also somehow retained his boyishly good looks/charm into middle age, which is how I think Andre would have been. The face shape and general coloring also seem right, and in general he exudes a sense of joie de vivre which is how I've always pictured Andre.

Matthew was a former lacrosse player. Mmm, lax players.

Is anyone else into finding older guys hot now? I'm really into looking at great-looking guys in their late 30's/early 40's right now. Don't get me wrong, I still have no problem checking out cute 19-year old college guys, but there's something pretty sexy about a guy who's aged well.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Can I make a request? Since we never described Alex's mother, can she be Elizabeth Hurley a.k.a. Queen Helena from The Royals?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFmJce1xQ2Q

I'm personally rooting for MaryEllen to have a complete and total nightmare bitch for a mother-in-law, who completely looks down on her for being "common."

I'd also figured Mark would like William Mosely (Prince Liam; also Peter Pevensie from the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe) for someone, because he really likes 'em cute blondes. (Not Alex...Mark already has his Alex.)

rs_600x600-150206101026-600.5.The-Royals

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1

Now that Candice Bergen is happily fat....Tonto?

candice-bergen.jpg

Mark said that Tonto was supposed to be kind of round. I can toooottttttallllllyyyy see Murphy Brown and Tonto getting along.

Did anyone else watch Murphy Brown? I loved that show.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Well done!

My view of JJ is that he has a very specific type that he will go for. (Not just ogle, but actually go for.) The gay side of JJ is going to go for well-bred, lithe, pretty boys like Alex. The straight side of JJ is going to go for a classically beautiful aristocratic woman- long neck, long face, high forehead, understated make-up and elegance. He is soooo not going to be drooling over Hilary Duff like his contemporaries are.

Anyway...check out Mark's inspiration for Marc, Chace Crawford! (Best known for starring on Gossip Girl as a teen hunk back in the late 2000's.)

Chace_Crawford_2012_Shankbone.JPG

He's never really done that much for me, but I will say he's pretty as hell.

The gay side of JJ is going to go for well-bred, lithe, pretty boys like Alex. The straight side of JJ is going to go for a classically beautiful aristocratic woman- long neck, long face, high forehead, understated make-up and elegance.

You might want to switch the adjectives: Alex is aristocratic (or, more accurately, an aristocrat); Susannah, while well bred, is very much upper middle class. :)

Edited by impunity

Hmm. I don't think they necessarily have to be aristocratic, but someone who's well-bred and classically good-looking from at least a respectably upper-middle class family.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • 1 month later...

Asa Butterfield (the apparently new Spiderman) as Alisdair?

S97eZea.png

God, I hope the character makes a comeback. I'm with Tim in hoping he comes back into the story at some point. I'm not sure I want him to marry Will, though.

Asa Butterfield would have made SUCH a good Jonah in The Giver. Not that I'm not bitter about how they cast a hunky 25-year old for that part and then apparently turned it into the Hunger Games, or anything.

Edited by methodwriter85

Given that the main plot of the Giver is: a priest in a dystopian society trains a pubescent boy by laying his hands on him for extended periods of time; boy discovers sexuality and emotions as a side effect, do you REALLY think casting an actor as young looking as Asa Butterfield would have been appropriate? I, too, thought casting Thwaites as Jonas was odd, right up until he and the Giver touched hands. Then it all made sense.

I also have to ask, in what way did they change The Giver to be more like the Hunger games? Most of the dystopian elements, including "sending people elsewhere" being a euphemism for euthanasia, were in the book. From what I can recall, they changed three things between the book and the movie: aged up the characters (circumventing any possibility that the movie could be taken as advocating pedophilia), moved the emphasis from Jonas's relationship with Gabriel to all the characters interacting with each other (I have issues with this one), and changed both Fiona's and Adam's careers (it made sense from a writing standpoint, and was a natural consequence of the previous change).

Everything else was in the book, although the emphasis was placed differently given the third person limited perspective of the book as opposed to the third person universal perspective of almost any movie. Personifying the Elder council into one person? Standard movie practice, and it allowed them to blow the budget on one big name character actress as opposed to a host of c and d list actors. Making Jonas's mom's role in the department of justice mean something besides an interesting character note? I wish Ms. Lowry had done that. Really, the only thing I object to is changing the characters from being medically and culturally unable to advocate for change to simply being brainwashed. Even that I can understand, because it made the movie a lot more interesting to watch at the same time it made Jonas go from being hopeless into being an idiot. By expanding on the relationships all the characters had with each other, instead of emphasizing Jonas and Gabriel and Jonas and the Giver, it created a lot of interesting people with distinct characteristics that shined through despite sameness. But, it meant that Jonas probably didn't have to run away to save Gabriel; there was enough defiance built up towards the elders and sameness already, the Giver and Jonas might have been able to come up with a different plan, if only the Giver hadn't already given up on the community.

Actually, I also object to Fiona's expanded role into Jonas's love interest. I rolled my eyes. I rolled my eyes SO HARD. Given that Adam makes nearly the same choices that Fiona does, and doesn't get nookie out of it, I found making her a love interest unneeded, as she was already one of Jonas's best friends. But, whatever. Hollywood.

I possibly had stronger feelings on this topic, and enjoyed the movie more, than I realized. I suppose I should go buy it now.

Alright, I guess this is where I should admit that I didn't watch the movie because I was so distressed by the trailer and Jonas's conversion into a hunky looking 25-year old. I mean, I've loved that book ever since I ran across it in the library in 3rd grade. I guess I can give the movie a chance.

Who knows? Maybe Jem will turn out to be a good movie?

Well, probably not. I do get why all these Gen Xers around Tim's age are losing their shit over the trailer, given the reaction I had to The Giver trailer, although this REALLY looks like it's just a name-only adaption. I basically get a "Josie and the Pussycats" vibe, but one taking itself seriously, instead of the campy fun that movie was. Luckily I'm not too attached to the material here, but whatever.

Anyway, Ryan Guzman is pretty cute:

G560849_b.jpg

I'd say he'd be a good Tony, but Mark has been extremely picky on the Tony thing that I've given up hope of ever finding a Tony. LOL. Not that it really matters now since Tony seems to have ridden off into the sunset.

However, if a really cute Latino/Italian/Mediterranean-looking guy in his mid/late 20's shows up, I'm recommending Ryan. LOL.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..