Open Club  ·  280 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Faces for Mark's Stories

• 1 month later...

I feel like that dude looks too beefcake for Darius. Darius is supposed to be more lithe, not like a guy who spends all his time in the gym.

I still think Darius should be Theo James, but eh.

From a bit back...

Sooooo much WASP-iness in this thread I think my head is going to explode. :P

(yes, I know Mark's stories are based around a all-American WASP family). lol

In all seriousness, you do have a point. I looked up the demographics of Palo Alto, and there should be WAAAAYYYY more Asians in the story than there are- the city was about 20 percent Asian during the time period. (It was 17 percent in 2000, 27 percent by 2010, which means there should be an influx of Asians into the city during this time period.)

I get that it's not just centered in Palo Alto and Mark does kind of take us all over, but it feels kind of weird that Will as someone growing up in a very Asian area seems to have at most maybe 2 or so friends that are Asian. Even if you look strictly at school demographics, it's still supposed to be around 16 percent Asian.

Especially if you factor in that going by demographics and data of Palo Alto, there is supposed to be a pretty considerable influx of Asians during this decade into that city.

I do remember that back in real 2003, there was considerable criticism for the O.C, because it did not feature black characters. Although in some ways, they did have an excuse- according to demographics, the city it's set in- Newport Beach- was 91 percent white back in 2000. But Palo Alto had much wider racial diversity during the time period that CAP is set in.

But anyway, back to the shallow...we do have BooBoo Stewart as Kai if you're looking for the non-white category:

2j4sq5t.png

God, he grew up hot. (I remember him from this gay movie he did called the Conrad Boys...he played the protagonist's little brother.)

Edited by methodwriter85
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This works.

She even played a chick magazine editor in How To Lose A Guy in 10 Days: (which is actually a "current" movie right now in CAP-world)

8.jpg

Anyway, I don't know if we're going to see her again...but Young Blake Lively Circa Gossip Girl as Kristin Hendrickson?

blake-lively-gossip-girl-set-giggles-05.

She has that easy-going,friendly, blonde Golden Girl look to her that I picture Kristin having.

As for Blake Lively, it'll be interesting to see if her career's going to go anywhere aside from being Mrs. Ryan Reynolds. (Who himself is going through a big career skid.) I did actually enjoy Age of Adaline, and it seems like she's working more again. She has this seriously hot brother Eric...I had SUCH a crush on him back when he was on a Disney show like a billion years ago. His career seems to have stalled much more than hers did.

Edited by methodwriter85

As a reminder, here's what Ryan Grafton looks like:

Hunter+Parrish+Cast+Broadway+Godspell+Vi

Hunter Parrish. Goddamn, he's hot. I vote that JJ runs into Hunter sometime in the early 2010's when he's doing Godspell on Broadway and has some fun with him. LOL.

Honestly, I'm kind of bitter he lost the role of Peeta to Josh Hutcherson. Physically, he was perfect for the part.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mark really liked this pick I had for JJ...Dylan Sprouse, best known for him and his twin starring on The Suite Life of Zach and Cody on Disney:

Dylan-Sprouse-posts-statement-on-Tumblr-

I do remain convinced that JJ should look like he's a refugee from the Disney Channel. Also, Dylan does have a great twink look to him.

• Like 1

Eh. I'm just saying that Mark's pic doesn't really jibe with how Darius has been described- he's never been described as a beefy gym bunny with bulging muscles. He's not a jock, and while he undoubtedly keeps in shape, it's probably more of a lithe body shape.

• 1 month later...

Riley Van Den Boss Danfield at age 9 (CIrca 2009)?

Mark hasn't been that specific about what Riley looks like, other than him having blue eyes like Wade. I kind of picture Riley as ending up this incredibly adorable and precocious, though. And this kid is obviously intelligent. (Although not Will-level precocious. I figure that Tiffany would verbally slap the shit out of him before she ever allowed him to get away with the kind of stuff that Will did.)

Anyone see Room? It is a pretty good film. And again, Jacob Tremblay is friggin' adorable. He almost makes me want to have children. Almost.

I hope to god that Disney/Hollywood doesn't get their mitts on him.

Edited by methodwriter85

Tonto?

kathy_bates1.jpg

I can totally picture Tonto giving the speech that Kathy Bates did in Titanic where she slammed everybody on the lifeboat for not turning around and rescuing people.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1

Tonto?

kathy_bates1.jpg

I can totally picture Tonto giving the speech that Kathy Bates did in Titanic where she slammed everybody on the lifeboat for not turning around and rescuing people.

Her character was based on Molly Brown ( called the unsinkable molly brown after she survived another ship wreck) and a more Tonto-esque chracter i cannot imagine!

• 1 month later...

This one escaped my mind until I saw him doing an AT&T commercial, but former Brat Packer Anthony Michael Hall as Buzz?

Anthony_Michael_1628_2.jpg

I have Buzz pictured as a beefy blond with a rugged, kind face and big blue eyes. Not really model looking, but hot in a daddy kind of way.

Edited by methodwriter85

This one escaped my mind until I saw him doing an AT&T commercial, but former Brat Packer Anthony Michael Hall as Buzz?

Anthony_Michael_1628_2.jpg

I have Buzz pictured as a beefy blond with a rugged, kind face and big blue eyes. Not really model looking, but hot in a daddy kind of way.

That's my vision, but this guy needs squintier eyes, and much blonder hair. 

Maybe Terry Serpico? (Frank Sherwood on Lifetime's Army Wives.)

I mean, I'm honestly not thinking too hard on this kind of stuff anymore like I used to so it's whatever. Especially since the way you described Buzz doesn't really fit a lot of actors that are in the movies/t.v. right now. He sounds like someone that should have been on a circa 1981 soap opera.

Although I still don't get how you've never warmed up to Trevor Donovan as Cody. Eh, oh well. 

In any event, I still get a kick out of how Anthony Michael Hall went from skinny high school nerd to beefy daddy type.

• Like 1

I'm totally picturing Buzz's wife as Anne Hathaway's character in Brokeback Mountain:

Some brassy, tough-as-nails broad with a feathered 80's blonde hairdo fried to perfection, who knew exactly what her husband was getting into.

Honestly, that whole clip is a masterclass in acting. Sometimes less is more, and Anne just perfectly nailed it- Lurlene getting that "I know you were screwing my husband and I'm going to be nice to you because you meant something to him even though I really, really want to rip you a new one" vibe across so damn well.

• 4 weeks later...

I was kind of thinking instagram-guy-turned-model Matthew Noszka for Dally, but then again, I keep thinking this guy has more a mid-Western cornfed guy look to him:

In any event, I'd figured you like him for something, Mark. You gotta thing for those beefy blond jock types, after redheads.

But yeah, he's from Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh has more of a mid-Western vibe to it. I could see him more as a Claremont youth or some guy in Boystown.

Although we're just guessing he's like a younger "type" of his father. It could very well turn out that he's a nerdy, unattractive redneck, like how Wade thought Ethan would be the hot guy on the soccer field and it turned out to be the chubby awkward kid. LOL.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1

Devin? 

Thoughts, Mark?

motw_matthewnoszka_04.png

He does have that classic blond jock boy look you really, really seem to like. (Seriously, has anyone else noticed that guys with this general look tend to pop up a lot in the story?) I wouldn't say he looks like a Hayes, but more along the general lines of a hunky Mid-Western blond jock boy.

I always wondered if the reason why Mark includes so many blonds in the story is because he grew up in the 1970's, which someone at TWOP called the Decade of the Blonde, because it was such a dominant aesthetic during that decade for whatever reason. So many music and acting stars were blond/e at the time (Blondie, Farrah Fawcett, Peter Frampton, Mark Hamill, etc etc), and even 2 of the 3 presidents of that decade were blonde.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1

Alternatively, do you have someone for Cam?

Edit: Actually, he has brown hair, doesn't he?

We have two brown-haired guys named Cam- the gay one from Boystown that Matt hooked up with for a bit in high school, and the straight junior that goes to Menlo with Will. He hasn't really factored much- Will thought he was cute but backed off when he realized that Cam was straight and not interested in messing around.

I'm kind of feeling Damn, Daniel for the straight high school one.

In requests...Tom Holland (aka Spiderman) as some cute nerdy twink? He was absolutely adorable in Captain America! Not conventionally handsome, but cute. I figure Private Tim would find him just too cute- he kind of likes that look, I think.

Also, Aunt May as some hot older lesbian that Tiffany starts dating? I wondered if they were going to dress her down like they did to Dianne Lane as Super Man's mom, but they did not, and it was a total squee! moment to see her and Tony Stark and remember the time they did a 90's romantic comedy together.

Edited by methodwriter85

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..