Open Club  ·  280 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Faces for Mark's Stories

I saw Chris Zylka and thought, "Wow, Mark would be really into his look." You seem to really like the blond surfer types. I'm more partial to dark-haired guys with moderately hairy bodies, but like I've noted- I like playing "casting" because I grew up around actors, so I learned to think in terms of "types". I always have to play the tough guy cop because I'm stocky and have broad shoulders. It's kinda funny that I apparently read as butch to people. One of these days though, I would love to play the delicate, fragile guy going through emotional turmoil, like Timothy Hutton in "Ordinary People".

Edited by methodwriter85

Since I'm assuming that at some point we're going to meet Ryan's father, I like the idea of Paul Walker as Mr. Grafton.

Posted Image

Basically, I have Mr. Grafton pictured as the grown-up version of Paul Walker's character from She's All That, a somewhat racist WASP who lucked into a material-rich but soulless life. I feel like Ryan's father needs to look like an aged version of the blond high school jock who made high school miserable in teen movies. Ryan's dad should be a total DILF, but a total douche.

He's still hot, but god Paul Walker's pushing 40 now. Man. I feel old. Was She's All That really from almost 13 years ago?

Edited by methodwriter85

The role of JJ at ages 12 to 16 will be played by Charles Guislan, and then will be taken over Lucas Till. Okay, works for me.

I kinda picture Sean the Lawyer as like a younger version of Damian Lewis from Band of Brothers and Homeland.

Posted Image

Sean doesn't seem like he'd be a pretty boy, and Damian Lewis is one ruggedly sexy ginger.

Edited by methodwriter85

Since I'm assuming that at some point we're going to meet Ryan's father, I like the idea of Paul Walker as Mr. Grafton.

Posted Image

Basically, I have Mr. Grafton pictured as the grown-up version of Paul Walker's character from She's All That, a somewhat racist WASP who lucked into a material-rich but soulless life. I feel like Ryan's father needs to look like an aged version of the blond high school jock who made high school miserable in teen movies. Ryan's dad should be a total DILF, but a total douche.

He's still hot, but god Paul Walker's pushing 40 now. Man. I feel old. Was She's All That really from almost 13 years ago?

That guy is too hot to be Grafton's dad.

The role of JJ at ages 12 to 16 will be played by Charles Guislan, and then will be taken over Lucas Till. Okay, works for me.

I kinda picture Sean the Lawyer as like a younger version of Damian Lewis from Band of Brothers and Homeland.

Posted Image

Sean doesn't seem like he'd be a pretty boy, and Damian Lewis is one ruggedly sexy ginger.

I can really see this guy as Sean, but I think I envisioned him as being a little more polished.

That guy is too hot to be Grafton's dad.

Would a schlubby-looking guy really produce something as hot as Ryan? I digress, however.

If you wanna go more Average-Middle Aged guy yet someone who could still conceivably produce a hot son...

Posted Image

Dylan Walsh from Nip/Tuck?The guy is great at putting up a nice guy facade while being a raging ass beneath. The bonus is that Dylan soooooo looks like any kind of middle-aged dad you could find in the suburbs- someone who kept in shape and looks good, but not someone that's going to stop traffic. Dylan looks like your average Middle-Aged suburban white-collar dad here.

Glad you like Damian Lewis. I've thought he was hot since Band of Brothers.

My next attempt at Alistair: David Henrie from Wizards of Waverly Place and How I Met Your Mother.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Kind of a goofy, geeky face, but with one nice little compact body underneath it.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1

Teenaged Jessica Alba as Shiloh?

Posted Image

I remember starting around 2001-2002, when she was doing Dark Angel, that's when straight guys started sweating her. Definitely one of the biggie sex symbols for this decade. I'd consider her a cultural touchstone for JJ and Will's generation like Christie Brinkley was for yours, Mark.

Edited by methodwriter85

Teenaged Jessica Alba as Shiloh?

Posted Image

I remember starting around 2001-2002, when she was doing Dark Angel, that's when straight guys started sweating her. Definitely one of the biggie sex symbols for this decade. I'd consider her a cultural touchstone for JJ and Will's generation like Christie Brinkley was for yours, Mark.

Good job! That's damn near spot on.

Posted Image

Ewwww, there is a difference between not being a pretty boy and being fugly.

Here is how I see Sean.

Posted Image

Doug Reinhardt.

My next attempt at Alistair: David Henrie from Wizards of Waverly Place and How I Met Your Mother.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Kind of a goofy, geeky face, but with one nice little compact body underneath it.

I can maybe see Alistair as a senior growing into David Henrie, but he is too hunkie.

Posted Image

But as a freshman, I see him more as an older version of Jake Short (sticking with the Disney Channel theme)

Posted Image

Find a place for Austin Butler :)

Posted Image

Ewwww, there is a difference between not being a pretty boy and being fugly.

Ewww? What are you, 12? Posted Image And you honestly think Damian Lewis is fugly? Have you even SEEN Band of Brothers? But I do like the guy you used. I willingly step aside on that one.

David Henrie in his early 20's is hunky. But David Henrie when he was a young teen fits just right. Remember, it's not the age that the actors are NOW that we use, it's what they looked like at a certain point that we use if it fits the look. Otherwise, having teenaged Stefan in CAP looking like present-day Tab Hunter would have been awfully silly, right? When David Henrie was about 14 and looked like this, I think he fit freshmen-year Alistair:

Posted Image

Little geeky David Henrie in a suit. Come on Mark, tell me that's not perfect for Alistair.

Austin Butler is how I picture Mark's doomed friend in On the Mark; the one who winds up on the streets.

When David Henrie was about 14 and looked like this, I think he fit freshmen-year Alistair:

Posted Image

Little geeky David Henrie in a suit. Come on Mark, tell me that's not perfect for Alistair.

Austin Butler is how I picture Mark's doomed friend in On the Mark; the one who winds up on the streets.

I don't know who Damien Lewis is, but that photographer didn't do him any favors if you say he is cute.

Band of Brothers is one of those DVD series I got for Christmas one year and it still has the plastic wrap on it :)

Now if you had posted THAT picture of David Henrie I might of agreed.

Jake Short is 14 actually and turns 15 in May.

Now if you had posted THAT picture of David Henrie I might of agreed.

David Henrie would have been about 14 or 15 in that picture. I saw your point about using a picture of David Henrie that would fit freshmen year Alistair, not senior year or college-aged Alistair. I remember when David Henrie started appearing on How I Met Your Mother and then an episode of Cold Case in 2006, before he started filling out, so I still thought of him when he used to be a small, skinny guy with a geeky-cute face. I kinda forget that not everyone would be familiar with David Henrie from before he started gaining muscle and became hunky.

You're seriously missing out by not watching Band of Brothers. That was one incredible series. (Hey Mark, that's another cultural reference I'm going to try and get you to work in. It was one of those guy films a lot of my friends liked.)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally figured out Cole. Robbie Amell from True Jackson, if he gained about 20 pounds and had darker hair.

Posted Image

He's got the kind of round, cute, boy-next-door face that I picture Cole having.

I finally figured out Cole. Robbie Amell from True Jackson, if he gained about 20 pounds and had darker hair.

Posted Image

He's got the kind of round, cute, boy-next-door face that I picture Cole having.

Good call. Add the 20 pounds to make him more cushy.

• 3 weeks later...

Brando Eaton from Dexter and Secret Life is pretty much how I picture Wade's new friend Josh:

Posted Image

Cute, sweet boy-next face, rocking bod.

Alright, this is unusual, because you've been nailing these guys spot on, but this one doesn't work for me. I'm thinking darker hair, a longer face, and smoother skin.

Hmm. Is this closer? (I don't think it nails it, but I'm wondering if this is more in the ball park.) I'm not really focusing that much energy on this one, as opposed to the two or so years I spent agonizing over a JJ.

Posted Image

God, I love checking out different faces and playing the "casting game." I feel like the key to Josh is that he's gotta look like a cute, innocent boy-next-door. (Whether or not he actually is irrelevant.)

Edited by methodwriter85

Hmm. Is this closer? (I don't think it nails it, but I'm wondering if this is more in the ball park.) I'm not really focusing that much energy on this one, as opposed to the two or so years I spent agonizing over a JJ.

Posted Image

God, I love checking out different faces and playing the "casting game." I feel like the key to Josh is that he's gotta look like a cute, innocent boy-next-door. (Whether or not he actually is irrelevant.)

I can't see the picture.

Hmm. That sucks. His name is Brendan Dooling.Like I said, I'm not really trying too hard on this one, so it's whatever. I only really go hard if it's someone who's a core family member.

Hmm. That sucks. His name is Brendan Dooling.Like I said, I'm not really trying too hard on this one, so it's whatever. I only really go hard if it's someone who's a core family member.

Being a little lazy Jeremy. ;-)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..