Try not to cry while watching this video

Clovis. What a sweet person you are for posting this.

So many people seem to be unable to separate" bullying" from what they seem to see as just a 'normal' comment. Even comments made in *jest* can stab a person as deeply as a knife.

Joel Burns is one hell of a start when it comes to what we need to STOP this!

As my old bumper-sticker says--"WORDS CAN HIT A CHILD AS HARD AS A FIST----STOP USING WORDS THAT HURT".

It would be SO nice if we ALL thought about what we are GOING to say BEFORE we open our 'traps'.

Just sayin'. And thanks, Clovis.:2thumbs:

I just got back from an Anti-Bullying meeting at my daughters elementary school. I was very disappointed there were not enough parents there to support the cause. I also found out at the meeting that my own 10 yr. old daughter is being bullied by other girls (she told me while the speaker was talking) and I asked her to talk to the Vice-Principal about what happened and who did it. A classmate told her "You should've never been born." What the hell is going on at these kids homes for them to have that kind of venom in their minds? I have told her time and time again that if she sees a gay kid or a smaller kid being bullied to defend him/her (She has the body and the strength) and to immediately take the child out of the equation and straight to the office or a teacher. I believe it all begins at home. If all parents would take the time to talk to their children about the damage and the consequences of bullying I am sure there wouldn't be as many bullies out there. Get them involved. Teach them that they NEED to take action and to not just ignore the boy or girl who is being threatened. Don't let it happen, don't leave them alone, don't ignore them!!!!

We are loosing our children and IT'S GOT TO STOP!!!!!!!!!

My boys, now 29 used to defend the smaller ones or the mental handicap even though they themselves got bullied.

I Love You All !!!

Mamma Rush

It was him getting so choked up about what he couldn't say that got to me the worst. I kept thinking, "what happened to him that he can't STILL say, only write down on paper..." I don't know how it works, the fact that he seemed to have 100% of it written tells me that he knew he'd struggle to get through it with his emotions.

Not to sound weird or anything, but a man being emotional gets to me far worse than seeing another woman cry... Maybe because I'm used to the men around me withholding that side of them and not letting anyone see it. The fact that he couldn't to me, told me that what he is feeling is pretty overwhelming.

I have posted the link to this video on my Facebook page and given it to a politician friend who is extremely involved in the gay rights movement.

What courage that took!

He obviously spent a good deal of time preparing that, and yet, even now, there were some things he STILL could not say out loud.

What makes a bully? What allows a bully to exist? Why do SOOO many people do nothing about a bully?

What are we teaching our children? What are we teaching our children by example? What are we allowing or subjecting our children to?

I had both of my arms broken by a bully. The school claimed it was boys rough housing. My parents claimed there was nothing they could do. My dad was a cop. My mother was in the process of becoming a psychologist at the time. Today, some 40 years later, my family still "jokes" about what I went through with both arms in a cast and unable to wipe my own butt or bathe myself...

Real funny.

It took less that 20 seconds for him to break my arms. The effects are still going on 40 years later.

I was also very impressed by this video.

But my questions as a very old man with a lot of bad experiences :

How many people will really see it and how many homophobes will change their behaviour ?

Most homophobes are what they are because their deep religious thoughts. I doubt they will change their minds. Am I wrong ?

Homophoby is often the result of the pressure of a religious environment. What could be done, on a large scale, to fight against it ?

The numerous suicide cases which were reported in the last weeks attest this fight ist not yet gained.

The way to a broad tolerance toward gayness is still a long long road to go.

Old Bob (with a little hope but still doubtful!)